Blog Comments

After watching this Monday's raw, read the last paragraph of this blog... I told ya, he's a Paul Heyman guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    This was well thought out and very interesting. But honestly, I cannot see WWE being this clever or creative. You may be looking into this a bit too much. Not only that, but people hardly even remember the crap that went down since he's been champ. Hardly anyone remembers the Nash thing with the text. *which by the way, was already revealed to be John Laurinaitis*

Good blog. Great idea. Just, I think you give WWE too much credit. They had him attack The Rock. They're keeping him floating in the tweener realm to see how things go. That's all.
    You hit the nail on the head. I feel like they planted the seed for Rock vs. Punk with that attack and also gave him back his edge by doing that whole halfway-heel thing. The Punk I saw at Summerslam was by no means a heel, he's just become an edgier face now which was actually needed because people were starting to get complacent and see him as a sellout. The top guy in the company needs to still have a little badass in him, even though he's a super face.

As far as what I wanted to see happen... I still think it would've been the right way to book it. I see exactly what they tried to do (and executed) with having both guys beat the living fuck out of each other and work the whole stomach angle with Lesnar, but it also pisses me off because it's politicking over working a clever angle. Lesnar is the 5-million dollar man and having Punk take his spotlight might not go over well. Trips is the future owner of WWE so of course they're going to milk his war of a match as much as possible. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry guys, I couldn't get it done." as he's backing up the ramp. It makes both guys look strong and it works. and Punk looks better than ever now so everyone wins.

But let me ask you this: After the match when Hunter yelled at everyone to get out of his ring (go back and listen carefully) so he could really milk the "battle" and bask in his limelight, as he was backing up the ramp apologizing relentlessly and hinting that we may never see him again... what if Punk comes out from backstage, nails him with the belt, demands his respect and says something like, "My main event, my show, my championship, show me some respect!" If that had happened, it would all make sense with the story (like I explained in the blog) and it would end the PPV with a huge shocker. Not only that but that's how you turn the guy heel.

Of course I was assuming that WWE wanted to turn him heel, and I was proposing a clever and logical way to do it. Unfortunately Triple H will always make himself look stronger than every full-time guy on the roster (why didn't Cena get to work the angle with Brock's fucked up stomach?) and Punk, well I guess they're not turning him after all. He'll stay a face, but he gets his balls back now. I guess if they're not really going full-fledged heel with him, it's a win-win-win for everybody.
    I dont think Punk is going to do anything to HHH, I think that is just your imagination. But I do think Punk will do something to Brock Lesnar,since Brock just came back and took CM Punks Main event match away from him at Summer Slam.
    This was well thought out and very interesting. But honestly, I cannot see WWE being this clever or creative. You may be looking into this a bit too much. Not only that, but people hardly even remember the crap that went down since he's been champ. Hardly anyone remembers the Nash thing with the text. *which by the way, was already revealed to be John Laurinaitis*

Good blog. Great idea. Just, I think you give WWE too much credit. They had him attack The Rock. They're keeping him floating in the tweener realm to see how things go. That's all.
    2000+ views, five comments. Man I wish less people were intimidated by large amounts of words. To those who read, thanks for your time. To be honest WWE could pull a number of things at Summerslam but man, if you think about all the pieces of this puzzle I really think this is just the perfect way to book it. He can align with Paul, align with Brock, stay by himself and just take out HHH... as long as they book HHH vs. Lesnar as the main event and Punk gets involved, they did the right thing.
    Punk is a heel though.....attack the two top faces in the company. Especially the Rock after him helping him. That was a heel turn even though I'm all for Punk keeping the title through the Royal Rumble.
    I would like to see CM Punk interfere HHH match with Brock Lesnar. But I have a good feeling HHH will win the match.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.