Blog Comments

Are you serious ? Since Jericho came back his ppv streak was 1- 6 so he lost 6 ppvs in a row just to put people over, example Royal Rumble got eliminated as last to Sheamus - Elimination Chamber lost to CM Punk, Wrestlemania Lost to Cm punk, Extreme Rules lost to Cm Punk, Over the Limit lost to Sheamus, MITB lost to John Cena.

The Rock on the other hand will problably stand 3-0 after Wrestlemania 29. I understand you love the Rock and hate Cena but it's the same, they both have 5 moves to win, they both were in the main event scene and look at this The Rock debuted in 1996 I THINK and after 1997 he was in the main event till he left you and all the other Rock fans 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2012. And Stone Cold couldn't come to Raw 1000 because he was busy or he had a injury. He couldn't show his face, I didn't ask for a stunner he could be backstage being the gm for 1 night but it was to much.

And for HBK, he would be loved more than Rock and Austin if he didn't got injured.

Love and RESPECT for HBK and Y2J
    I can see where your coming from I guess, but the thing is Jericho isn't just all about himself like Rock and Austin. He helps bring younger talents up and try to help them out in the business as for Rock and Austin have to main event and squash nearly everybody that they face. I mean and let's face it Cena is only in here because you needed somebody else to compare him too. Why won't you compare Jericho to everybody who's not in his league? Or other superstars who aren't in the Rocks and Austins league? All I'm saying is don't overlook Jericho because of his title reigns.
    If you define "league" as meaning who can draw the most money, then you are 100% right. Then again HBK never was a huge draw and neither was or is Undertaker, but they are still huge stars. Now if you are talking wrestling, speaking on the mic or telling a story then you are 100% wrong. Rock (who I love) and Austin (who I don't love, but appreciate greatly) are not in Jericho's league. In that case, Jericho is up there with HBK and Flair. Hogan, Rock, Cena and Austin are in their own league when it comes to drawing, I do agree there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V
    Yikes! Good points. I respect your opinion, but I really also considered Jericho a different type of legacy then Austin and the Rock. Rock and Austin can out draw him easy. But Jericho is better for the business in the long run. He helps put younger guys over in great matches and feuds. He helps the credibility of new stars, more so than any other wresters I can recall. I even believe he tunes down his promos so other wrestlers can appear to hang with him on the Mic. He's an unselfish contributor to the business, way more so than Rock or Austin. So if we are talking drawing power I wholeheartedly agree with you. Anything else is arguable.

It's kind of like trying to compare Bret Hart or HBK to Hulk Hogan. Hulk is the all time draw, just like the Rock and Austin are. But Hart and HBK were the work horses, especially HBK just like Y2J. Different class of talents.
    I totally agree with Playboy Steve (great wrestling name BTW.) Awesome pic of Akeem BTW2.
    Like Playboy Stevie V said you're comparing completely different types of Superstars. Before I say anything, I love Rock and Austin. They are two of my favourite guys in wrestling history. However in my opinion Jericho has done more for the WWE than them. Yes they were massive draws and amazing superstars. They brought in a whole new group of people to watch wrestling and it was in a fairly small space of time. I give them all the props in the world for that. But they left and Jericho was there for such a long time. During a time where there were so many main event superstars. The rise of Cena who as you said had so many main event matches, where was Jericho going to fit into it? He may not have been the top guy like them but he was there for the business. He comes back and puts over other superstars. I'd like to see the rock come back and let Dolph get a win over him. Jericho deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as both Austin and Rock, just not for the same reasons as them.
    Yikes! Good points. I respect your opinion, but I really also considered Jericho a different type of legacy then Austin and the Rock. Rock and Austin can out draw him easy. But Jericho is better for the business in the long run. He helps put younger guys over in great matches and feuds. He helps the credibility of new stars, more so than any other wresters I can recall. I even believe he tunes down his promos so other wrestlers can appear to hang with him on the Mic. He's an unselfish contributor to the business, way more so than Rock or Austin. So if we are talking drawing power I wholeheartedly agree with you. Anything else is arguable.

It's kind of like trying to compare Bret Hart or HBK to Hulk Hogan. Hulk is the all time draw, just like the Rock and Austin are. But Hart and HBK were the work horses, especially HBK just like Y2J. Different class of talents.
    Updated 09-16-2012 at 01:00 AM by Playboy Stevie V
    Quote Originally Posted by SHW
    good list, taking it 5 more than Nitro_99 did yesterday or whenever.

hard to put punk v cena at 1 since the feud is just starting up again...and it looks like we will have a punk-cena-rocky love triangle up until WM...
    Punk/Cena had a great rivalry before it just started up again. Remember their matches last year at MITB and Summerslam. Anticipation of wanting to see the matches and the memories. Guys like Jericho/HBK had a good rivalry that was memorable with a lot of matches, but this one has more realism to it than the one they had. It started out really good calling him a hypocrite and the fans because he got rid of everything. Adding on his wife made it more about that. Cena is the man who WWE wants to be the poster boy. Punk doesn't look like a poster boy at all with tats, piercing, and so forth. That is what makes the rivalry great to me the realism.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.