Blog Comments

Now as much as I love the rock and austin as performers and wrestlers. You have to understand 1 thing. The rock comes back to wrestle when the money is gd or vince needs a favour to bring in more cash for PPVs, austin himself is retired and has been mentioned albeit even teased 1 more match often.

But Bottom line is both of these guys were pushed to the moon. Austin and the rock were as popular as they were because they were given creative control of how they could talk on the mic and react with the fans, Austin most definetly if you've read his book.

True as it was for Y2J as well, im sure he asked for the same le-way as the rock and austin as well to speak his mind too, but then again it was the attitude era and tv back then was gritty and hard so im sure vince would have wanted his biggest stars to say the stuff that would grab the audience.

Now as for Y2J not being in the same league as austin/rock? Ok step back and look at eddie guerrero and chris benoit. Both of these guys were given the chance to run with ball and be what the company wanted and altho they lacked the charisma on the mic, (benoit especially, but eddie had the charisma and the ppl followed him) they were 2 of the hardest, pure wrestling athletes and ass kickers in the company who I personally believe were better in the ring and as wrestlers and perfomers then Rock/austin and even y2j. They both showed us great stories and matches, 5 star nearly every time.

Y2J has the charisma and wrestling ability, he's great as a heel and a face but unfortunetly he wasn't pushed to the moon as rock and austin were. If vince had turned around and said 'this is our guy, he's gonna be our boy to sell our product' then hands down vince would have made Y2J 'the man' to take the ball and run with it.

But when it comes down to it, Y2J doesn't have to come back and wrestle, infact he could just enjoy a comfortable life with his rock band. But no he comes back, he wrestles and sometimes wins and often loses. But hey he's putting younger talent over, he's giving back to the company.

THAT in my book makes him a better man and greater wrestler then john fucking cena who always has to win because he's vince's current ass licker. Like Triple H was back in the day burying talent just to stay on top and to always be the same, cena is no different then and now.

I may not rank Y2J up there as a wrestler I would watch granted but I respect the fact he comes back time and time again and puts younger talent over. He has greater charisma and is a great wrestler. So what if he's not in the same league as austin/rock, he's still the man and will always be a draw.

Nuff said
    I had to sit back for a quite a while before taking this ALL in. The question tossed up for debate is whether or not Jericho is "in the same league" as Rock/Austin.

Jericho is the more technically sound and far better in ring performer. He can keep up with Rock on the mic, and at times dance circles around him. Austin was mediocre on the mic, and couldn't draw as a heel whatsoever. On the other hand Rock was able to draw both as a heel and a face, as well as Jericho.

Now before you idiots start criticizing me for my Austin comment about being mediocre on the mic, or not being able to draw as a heel. This is simply "my opinion". Take me back to the attitude era, I couldn't stand the likes of Austin or The Rock. Over rated stars (IMO), that were "simply over".
    We all sit here taking shots at Cena, saying he's boring and has been shoved down our throats for years, meanwhile, I share the very same opinion when I think of how I felt about Rock and Austin back in the A.E.

As for Top Draw when it comes to merchandise, Jericho "is NOT in the same league" as Austin or Rock. ...

What sets Jericho apart from Rock/Austin is his thrive to still compete. Even at his age, I believe Jericho can out wrestle more than half of the E's current roster.

Should Jericho be placed in the same league as Austin or Rock?? You bet your ass HE SHOULD BE!!!! He may not have been a Top seller, or could draw as they did, BUT he certainly could out wrestle, and out talk both of them on any given night.
    THE ROCK IS MY ALL-TIME FAVE AND JERICHO IS UP THERE. WHATS IRONIC ABOUT YOUR BLOG IS THAT ROCK AND Y2J WERE GOLDEN WHEN THEY WORK TOGETHER ESPECIALLY ON THE MIC. Y2J DEBUT? GOLDEN. .ROCK AND JERICHO BACKSTAGE BEFORE THIER #1 CONTENDER MATCH? FUNNY AND GOLDEN...AND WHENEVER THEY TAG TEAMED ON STEPHANIE,(not in THAT way lol) IT WAS PRICELESS! PLUS JERICHO IS ONE OF THE VERY FEW THATS ENTERTAINING AS HEEL OR FACE. LASTLY, HE MAY NOT BE A TOP DRAW, BUT WHEN HE HAS THE MIC PPL LISTEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    There are so many idiotic statements in your comment here that I don't even know where to start and where to end.

First, EVERYBODY is on Twitter. You have no clue what you're talking about. And don't play it off like you don't Tout. You know you do, just like I"m sure you're right there to watch Saturday Morning Slam, NXT, Superstars, and all those webisodes on their youtube channel.

Second, yes, I did stop watching WWE. And yes, TNA is better. That is my opinion. Last time I checked, I was still allowed to have one of them.

Finally, putting people over has nothing to do with anything that this guy wrote in his blog. Jericho is not the type of person that can carry a company. He can main event and wrestle, yes, but draw and actually do what Rock, or Austin, or Cena has done....read it loud and clear....HE'S NOT IN THEIR LEAGUE.
    1st Bolded = I'm not on twitter, neither is my brothers, sons, daughters, wife, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc... So that means that not everybody is on twitter. I bet over half the world isn't on twitter. What about the homeless, the elderly in assisted living, new born babies, etc...? I don't think they are on twitter either. I don't think that the Queen of England is on twitter either, so your assumption that everybody is on twitter (or facebook) is ridiculous to say the least.

2nd Bolded = This is just your opinion, but not an undisputed fact. IMO Jericho is better than both Rock and SCSA, but hey - to each his own here.

Let's everybody try to discuss the difference of OPINIONS without shouting please.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDominate99
    Im saying that Y2J came back TO PUT... PEOPLE... OVER. Something that the Rock never did why ? he has a huge ego. I remember him saying that he came back home, you problably remember that. He was on 1 show after WM so your hero doesn't really like you I KNOW, cause if he did he would be here often to ELECTRIFY you wouldn't he ? DIE HARD fan ? Please STFU that comes from the guy that "I don't watch WWE anymore, TNA has gotten better, TNA is better." A DIE HARD FAN WOULD BE PART OF THE UNIVERSE FOR EVER not fuck it when it sucks.

I don't know why the hell you're talking about that no one is on twitter anymore except you and nobody uses tout.

GO FB that
    This blog ain't about who has the biggest heart and who is the biggest prick, I don't know why everyone keeps on going on about Jericho's noble peace prize efforts.

Its just simply about which is the bigger star and superstar with the highest caliber.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDominate99
    Im saying that Y2J came back TO PUT... PEOPLE... OVER. Something that the Rock never did why ? he has a huge ego. I remember him saying that he came back home, you problably remember that. He was on 1 show after WM so your hero doesn't really like you I KNOW, cause if he did he would be here often to ELECTRIFY you wouldn't he ? DIE HARD fan ? Please STFU that comes from the guy that "I don't watch WWE anymore, TNA has gotten better, TNA is better." A DIE HARD FAN WOULD BE PART OF THE UNIVERSE FOR EVER not fuck it when it sucks.

I don't know why the hell you're talking about that no one is on twitter anymore except you and nobody uses tout.

GO FB that
    There are so many idiotic statements in your comment here that I don't even know where to start and where to end.

First, EVERYBODY is on Twitter. You have no clue what you're talking about. And don't play it off like you don't Tout. You know you do, just like I"m sure you're right there to watch Saturday Morning Slam, NXT, Superstars, and all those webisodes on their youtube channel.

Second, yes, I did stop watching WWE. And yes, TNA is better. That is my opinion. Last time I checked, I was still allowed to have one of them.

Finally, putting people over has nothing to do with anything that this guy wrote in his blog. Jericho is not the type of person that can carry a company. He can main event and wrestle, yes, but draw and actually do what Rock, or Austin, or Cena has done....read it loud and clear....HE'S NOT IN THEIR LEAGUE.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I'm really not sure what your point is, in regards to the blog. Are you saying that, because Jericho is 1-6 in this most recent return, that he's better than Rock and Austin?

Now, I defend The Great One 100%.

But everyone else who are trying to be detractors, you just don't understand. You didn't live it. Sorry but youtube and wikipedia don't make you knowledgeable of things back then. If you didn't grow up and dedicated and die-hard fan during the Monday Night Wars, then you are not a fan who can make comparisons. Stop acting like you can. There's so much more to it than watching clips. It was an environment. An environment that was created by Austin and The Rock. An environment Jericho could never have created. He's not in their league. Not even close.

If you don't like what I wrote here. Too fucking bad. Go Tweet or Tout about it.

GO FB that

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.