Blog Comments

Sycho Sid winning WWF Championship in 1996 would be number 11?
    I liked this list , nice job !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra bites back
    Good blog, tbh it would prob be ray as the heel and sin cara as the face.
    Mainly because we all know that ray is not getting any younger, and sin cara is another of HHH's projects. Cara is going to be pushed as the next big Mexican style wrestler when ray decides to call it day in WWE and a win at mania against ray would get him over big time.
    I can see why vince wants to do this match at mania. Try to get bigger buy rates in the Latino demographic and a Lucha libre style match has never been done before (I may be wrong but I can't think of one right now) between the 2 would certainly get interest from that market and possibly die hard Lucha libre fans that would not normally buy ppv's.
    Ray is hard to buy as a heel. They tried it for a little while in WCW when he was mask-less. But if they were to make him the leader of a heel stable, where he had bigger guys doing his dirty work, that could work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToiletBowl
    Mexico features masked wrestlers v masked wrestlers on a weekly basis. WCW had several of those matches in the mid to late 90s during their lucha libre push / cruiser weight push. The matches were fun to watch, but they were simply filler for the main storylines.

I just dont think anyone would care about heel Sin Cara enough to make this a worth while match. Hunico is pretty good on the mic and plays a decent heel, but no one cares about him.
    I along with folks who don't get Mexican wrestling on a weekly basis hasn't saw a masked wrestler vs masked wrestler in years literally years.....
    As soon as Sin Cara debuted I was thinking... "I gotta see Cara vs Rey" and tbh I am pretty much thinking the same way although it has lost some steam. Sin Cara has been improving a lot since tagging with Rey but he still just doesn't seem as fluid as he used to be. I think if he lost some weight and got close to the size he was in Mexico that it would help him with his quickness and execution in the ring.
    Good blog, tbh it would prob be ray as the heel and sin cara as the face.
    Mainly because we all know that ray is not getting any younger, and sin cara is another of HHH's projects. Cara is going to be pushed as the next big Mexican style wrestler when ray decides to call it day in WWE and a win at mania against ray would get him over big time.
    I can see why vince wants to do this match at mania. Try to get bigger buy rates in the Latino demographic and a Lucha libre style match has never been done before (I may be wrong but I can't think of one right now) between the 2 would certainly get interest from that market and possibly die hard Lucha libre fans that would not normally buy ppv's.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    I was over-exaggerating a bit, but I was trying to get you hyped for the blog. LOL! I think one of the main reasons people would like to see these guys face is because how often do you get to see a masked wrestler vs another masked wrestler. Does anyone expect a 5 star match? I dont believe anyone would be crazy enough to say that.
    Mexico features masked wrestlers v masked wrestlers on a weekly basis. WCW had several of those matches in the mid to late 90s during their lucha libre push / cruiser weight push. The matches were fun to watch, but they were simply filler for the main storylines.

I just dont think anyone would care about heel Sin Cara enough to make this a worth while match. Hunico is pretty good on the mic and plays a decent heel, but no one cares about him.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.