Blog Comments

Interesting blog about your feelings & thoughts on The Rock. Let me lay somethings out as first off, I think people have never gotten over the fact that The Rock was suppose to be the long term face of the WWE but chose a film career instead in which left the WWE with John Cena as their face. In all honesty, who wouldn't chose a film career over being a wrestler. I think many in the wrestling industry are simply jealous because The Rock has done something that no wrestler or athlete for that matter has done. Now throughout your blog you make some seriously valid points like The Rock saying "He would never leave again" as I think people truly took that line way out of content. When The Rock returned he never intended to be a full-timer wrestler again. Hell, why should he? He's a proven bona-fide A-List actor who has a long career in film (& television) then he does in the WWE. The simple truth of the matter is...The Rock doesn't need WWE & hasn't needed the WWE in the past 7 years he was gone. The Rock came back because he wanted to comeback because wrestling is in his blood & he loves the live crowd interaction experience (in all truthfulness). The Rock coming back was a HUGE benefit to the WWE from all aspects from business to marketing to fan appeal (that's a fact). As for the "walkout" situation? The Rock DIDN'T technically walkout on the company & people who say that are either ignorant or misguided. Truth be told, The Rock was significantly injuried with torn tendons ripped from his pelvis & 3 hernias near the groin area according to The Rock (hell, the man had surgery because of it). Sorry but he was in the right to leave let alone with 3 hernias, I'm suprised the guy could walk out of the ring after his match. Him not appearing at the post-Wrestlemania Raw had more to do with the long term then the short term in terms of his health & career. I don't blame The Rock in putting himself first in the matter. He's been risking his acting career everytime he steps foot into a match. Now, do I think The Rock is done with the WWE or had his last match? No! Acutally, he is scheduled to return in the fall to promote the new WWE video game as he's on the cover & it was part of his WWE deal. I think The Rock will be back for at least one more match as well whether it's with WWE's choice of Lesnar or The Rock's choice of Taker...that's to be determined. Personally, I would like a Rock vs. Brock match as I would like to see Rock get a win over Lesnar as their first match was a "push-over match" for Lesnar let alone WWE could create a intriguing storyline with the match very easily. The marketing appeal of the match would be a major attraction on various levels alone. There are only two men The Rock has never beaten & that's Lesnar & Goldberg (which was joke to begin with.) As for your dream match scenarios you mentioned, HBK & Rock will never happen because of personal matters between the two as HBK & HHH tried over the years to bury The Rock behind-the-scenes & Rock & HHH's relationship have been on uneasy grounds for years & from reports that is part of the problematic tension between the WWE & The Rock now. You won't see either Orton & Rock be in a match because of personal differences mainly because neither man wants to take the fall & Orton is one of the individuals displeased with Rock's return from the start. No, you can't compare Cena & Rock's relationship to those two other relationships as their differences stem from mainly ego but their is a mutual respect between the two & they are cordial behind-the-scenes even Cena has stood up for The Rock's return & has degraded the locker room talent in the process on various levels. In the end, The Rock will return & "Bring It" for his final farewell in the wrestling world with his retirement match & will get the proper send off like he should. Following The Rock will without question be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the very near future.
    All i gotta say is....LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    Sheamus didn't end Triple H's career? The Game still wrestles a few matches a year. This will be his second in a month come Extreme Rules 2013. Hell, I even think he has at least ONE more World Title run in him.

But a great list none the less. I wouldn't exactly put Punk's cash in on the list though. I would put Punk vs. Jericho from last year instead.
    The only other change I would do to the list is 'The Announcement' from John Cena. I would make that No. 1.

A day that changed U.S. history
    God bless America.
    Love from Australia. We salute you.
    I was thinking about it, but when you think about wrestling events history and moments.....you think wrestling first. That is why I didn't have it at the top.

I know HHHs career didn't end. I put "So we thought" when addressing why it was in the top 10 list.

Punk's cash in is instantly on my mind when I think Extreme Rules. Huge heel moment by a babyface at the time. HM certainly would have Jericho/Punk.
    Sheamus didn't end Triple H's career? The Game still wrestles a few matches a year. This will be his second in a month come Extreme Rules 2013. Hell, I even think he has at least ONE more World Title run in him.

But a great list none the less. I wouldn't exactly put Punk's cash in on the list though. I would put Punk vs. Jericho from last year instead.
    The only other change I would do to the list is 'The Announcement' from John Cena. I would make that No. 1.

A day that changed U.S. history
    God bless America.
    Love from Australia. We salute you.
    I love this blog but i would prefer it if it mentioned Zak Ryder interfering in Orton vs Kane 12, i believe that was a great technical match and gave the viper a real boost.
    This is a great list! I couldn't agree more with the top three spots.
    Sorry, i Forgot Kurt Angle. So TNA Goes,
    5. James Storm
    4. Alex Shelly
    3. Kurt Angle
    2. Austin Aries
    1. AJ Styles

and this puts all time and company as,
    5. Kurt Angle
    4. Austin Aries
    3. AJ Styles
    2. Randy Orton
    1. Justin Gabriel

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.