Blog Comments

Also, I don't really think his last runs in WCW and WWE count in that regard. In WCW, I think they repeated the finger poke incident in his last match or Russo just vacated his title, it was a big blow up backstage and Hogan just refused to come back for "one last match". I don't think it was intended to be his last match and if WCW wasn't sold to Vince,I think he would have come back. Still the tradition you spoke of really didnt matter anymore in the 90s. Regarding his WWE run, he butted heads with McMahon over the Mr. America character and that was his last big run,again his ego got the better of him, so no bowing out tradition there either. His last "official" match was with Sting,dunno if he's retired or not,but as it stands, he kinda followed tradition in that regard. The off-camera 6man tag really doesn't count,it was a special appearance really.
    The old tradition you speak of died with Vince McMahon sr. Hogan was working for the AWA up until a few days before becoming WWF Champion. If you remember the 80's, remember that Bobby Heenan always said Hogan was a worthless human being. Hogan's continueing career is because of his ego & the fact that the ex cleaned him all the way out. In the 90's into 2000 i hated Hulk(as a fan) but now I just pity him & Ric. They sold out arenas around the world and are now just about on welfare.
    The worst of his infractions was leaving the AWA for WWF without finishing up the programme he was in.

Hogan has always been good at keeping himself strong and keeping the perception of being a draw strong (why do you think he flew over for the Impact dates in the UK?)

There are two ways to look at it, either he is selfish and ignores tradition or he is a very sensible guy looking out for himself as an 'independent contractor'.

There is truth to both out looks. The simple fact is Hogan's drawing ability has enabled him to do what he wants, promoters have let him.
    Yeah loving Kevin Steen, I do enjoy discovering indy wrestlers ever since randomly found Teddy Hart on Youtube years ago, I had great hopes for that boy... Thanks for the list anyway I will check out Ricochet.
    Agree 110% on Kevin Steen. Truly lives up to the name Mr. Wrestling. I always loved the bit where he had his son who was only a few months old at the time pin Ricochet (i think) after 3 Package Piledrivers
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.