Blog Comments

Oh jeez. BUY THE PPV. ITS WRESTLEMANIA.
    I hate Dragons Gate.... I dont like it, The matches are not even that Great, I prefer ROH to it any day but that Lowki vs PAC match sounds freaking interesting. That might be worth 1.99 it self.
    Quote Originally Posted by pld459666
    My recollection is that Vince Jr. brought him (Hogan) in after he purchased the promotion from his father. Vince Sr. respected the unwritten rule of not poaching other territories top guys and to only work with them after their "run was over at their previous promotion.

Vince Jr. bought the WWf and changed the way things were done. People look at what WCW and TNA did/try to do, yet if most of you guys were around bacj then, you would be ashamed to learn what Vince Jr. has done to professional wrestling as a whole.

You had AWA promotions in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee, Smokey Mountain Wrestling in GA, WCCW in Texas and Vince made it his business to take the top guys from all of those promotions.

The only thing that kept those promotions alive is that alot of the top guys in those promotions actually had their hand in the cookie jar of the revenue that was coming in. Leaving that kind of money was not something they were going to do, but eventually most of them jobbed out to Vince Jr.
    Yeah, Bischoff is a one trick pony. He can't develope talent so he rides the established guys until well after their drawing days were done.
    My recollection is that Vince Jr. brought him (Hogan) in after he purchased the promotion from his father. Vince Sr. respected the unwritten rule of not poaching other territories top guys and to only work with them after their "run was over at their previous promotion.

Vince Jr. bought the WWf and changed the way things were done. People look at what WCW and TNA did/try to do, yet if most of you guys were around bacj then, you would be ashamed to learn what Vince Jr. has done to professional wrestling as a whole.

You had AWA promotions in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee, Smokey Mountain Wrestling in GA, WCCW in Texas and Vince made it his business to take the top guys from all of those promotions.

The only thing that kept those promotions alive is that alot of the top guys in those promotions actually had their hand in the cookie jar of the revenue that was coming in. Leaving that kind of money was not something they were going to do, but eventually most of them jobbed out to Vince Jr.
    Another "old guy" storyline would've brought back an audience to WCW? That was what contributed to their downfall. They tried the new blood angle towards the end and even that didn't help. I really don't know what could've helped that promotion.
    @CrowOfMurders
    According to Bischoff, Bash At The Beach 2000 was suppose to be the beginning of a World Title Tournament that was suppose to bring more dignity back to the WHC. A tournament was suppose to take place with the finals being at Halloween Havoc. Hogan would then return as Hulk saying that "if you want the WHC, then you're going to have to go through me." To me, that would have brought an audience back to WCW.
    I dont know when I saw Hogan come out in England sure looked to me like the crowd gave him a pretty good pop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.