Blog Comments

One more quick thing. The worst announcer recently is Booker T. He's just bad. Bad lines, bad play by play and sometimes you can't even understand him. I hate hearing "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" as a play by play quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisQ1
    Not ashamed to say I was partial to a bit of JBL and Michael Cole. God I miss JBL.
    I agree...JBL was a great heel announcer. Earlier in his broadcasting career, Michale Cole reminded of Vince McMahon...you know, over-excited lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetheme
    Ummmmmm, where the hell is Vince? Many of the face commentators are molded after him but can't hold a candle to him. It seemed like no matter who he was put with it was great. IMO he is the greatest to ever do it. How about Joey Styles. He could do commentary ALONE and make it great and interesting while calling the action.
    Sorry but Vince stunk...he was always over-excited. As a teen I used to hate listening to him at times. He only sounded good when paired with Jesse Ventura or Bobby Heenan.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFalcon
    To be perfectly honest, I liked Joey Styles and Tazz, they worked well together. Also, How could you miss William Regal? If you'd seen some of the newest episodes of NXT you'd know how hilarious and good he is.
    Tazz was a good announcer too. I thought when he was on with Michael Cole they were pretty decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Hughes35
    Shivoane stunk? What are you nuts?! Striker is 10 times worse than Shivoane is and ever was!
    The Top 5 Best Announcers In Wrestling History (In No Particular Order)
    01: Jim Ross
    02: Joey Styles
    03: Gorilla Monsoon
    04: Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
    05: Jesse Ventura
    Honorable Mention: Paul Heyman
    Yes Tony Schiavone stunk...he was as bad as Vince McMahon when he used to co-host Superstars of Wrestling and Saturday Night's Main Event. The only reason he ever sounded good on a mic was because Jesse Ventura was there. By the way, I see Schiavone didn't make your top five list of announcers.
    Updated 02-15-2012 at 11:42 AM by steviej893
    Quote Originally Posted by Renevious
    I really enjoyed this list. I agree with it totally. I don't agree with some of the comments, however. I don't understand what everyone had against Shiavone, and I don't understand what everyone still has against Matt Stryker. I actually like these guys. Granted, Shiavone towards the latter WCW days was a bit hard to endure, but for most of his career he was really good. I would also say that Heyman definitely deserves to be very high on any list as well. He has the natural ability to make any situation seem exciting. Also, no one was ever worse on the mic than Larry Zybysko. And one last thing, I think it's a bit unfair to hate on Mike Adamele like that. I'm pretty sure they made him sound stupid on purpose. It was all part of the storyline. The guy is actually really awesome on the mic, and WWE just had him playing a part. If they wanted him to do commentary for real, I'm confident that he would blow most of the guys today away.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. I can't believe I missed Paul Heyman on this list. I think he was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper
    Ross: Virgil is unconscious. Bobby: When Virgil's unconscious he's usually on his feet talking to you.
    Gorilla: You're supposed to be a broadcast journalist — be objective here. Bobby: I told you to shut up!
    Bobby
    : How long's he been in there now? Monsoon: 46 minutes and counting! Bobby: HOW COME YOU KNOW THIS STUFF AND NOT ME?
    Absolutely hilarious...that's why I loved listening to them.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.