Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIcon
    How often do these spoilers actually happen, except in the case of taped show coverage? I'd say a vast majority of the things I've read as spoiler reports have turned out to be false.
    That is the problem. When their original plans get leaked, they move to plan B, and on occasions, plan C. That is why it isn't as good as it could have been
    Excellent blog. You enhanced my point with logical points of your own, and I thank you. I agree with everything you said. Keep blogging.
    How often do these spoilers actually happen, except in the case of taped show coverage? I'd say a vast majority of the things I've read as spoiler reports have turned out to be false. This is mainly due to the fact they they keep several branching revisions of scripts ready to go and once something has been reported, usually long-term plans, they will generally change script to negate that.

I believe that last bit all goes back to the Tony Schiavone world title incident. Where WWF had the title changing hands on a "canned goods" RAW while Nitro was live that night. Vince should've known better than to do a major title change on a taped show. He learned his lesson and it's part of the reason WWE does business as they do now. For example, Smackdown won't have any major events occur unless it's a live show. Superstars never has anything "good" happen, because it's always taped.

If TNA ever became a real fly in WWE's ointment, they would Schiavone them. Hard to protect against when you don't do live shows and even go so far as to tape your shows 2 weeks out. Though as it said on the front page they're going live weekly. This is probably one of the major reasons for them moving forward on such a thing. And to counter? WWE is putting a third hour on RAW, their already live show. (Side note: Nice to finally see them doing business against each other rather than simply stealing gimmicks.)

As for the taped shows, it's your choice to look at the coverage/spoilers or not. If you do and don't like the show afterward, that's your own fault. Though I use the spoilers to simply skip over the parts in the now 3 hour show that doesn't interest me when I watch it on Tuesday.
    excellent blog! couldnt agree with you more -i've been saying this for a few years. I too avoid the spoilers and news as much as I can.
    I couldn't agree more. You nailed it right on the head...which is why most of the time, I don't read those reports, and I NEVER take them as fact. It drives me nuts when I blog about something, and then I get hardcore IWC'ers trying to invalidate my opinions because of reports of why this or that happened. Drives me insane.

Great Blog.
    Thanks A.J. I feel putting Cena over won't do the WWE any favors because it won't solve anything after WM. If the WWE did it the way I mentioned, they can build it up that CM Punk and The Rock had conspired all along. Then, next years WM could be featured as the past, Stone Cold, vs. the present, CM Punk, with John Cena seething in eventually leading to his heel change.
    @illmat that would b perfect lol. While the rock is my all-time fave, cm punl is my fave today. I would not mind that occuring.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.