Blog Comments

Sorry?

OK, as far as you trying to, like, educate folk with how they should view wrestling, cool. Whatever. KYO. As for the rest of all that jargon you just typed. Jog the fuck on, mate.

Try not to take things typed on the Interwebs so fucking literal, and, please, avoid giving out lessons in life. I don't think it suits you. Or to put it another way, you fucking suck at it.

"Deeply disappointed" as far as wrestling goes. No slitting of wrists, or reaching for a bottle of pills were ever considered. If I wanted to reiterate a point, in-case I felt that there a cerain part of the point I wanted to get across/stress, there's absolutely no reason I shouldn't. For you to knock me for doing so after pouring your heart and soul into a blog/rant is quite frankly hypocritical. Just because you posted a blog it doesn't make you lord and ruler of the comments section below it. Do yourself a favour; slither back into whatever hole it was that you've been hiding in for the past couple of years, because your attitude is far too fickle for you to have any credibility in what you're posting.

How's that for overkill? Twat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero
    I just want to add that I was deeply disappointed with Matt Blooms return. After watching the guy improve beyond anything anyone ever thought he could, I was hoping for a lot more than what he turned out to be in the end. Such a shame/waste.

I also wouldn't have minded having Ryback stay in the main event picture for longer than he did. The way they built him up and demoted him in almost record trims was embarrassing for all involved. Another shame/waste.
    You were "deeply disappointed"? You already made your point. How can you be "deeply disappointed"? Fuck mate, this is only wrestling, you backed up your points and I respected that but now you're trying to reinforce that this was "deeply disappointing"? The fuck like? You have a lot more to be deeply disappointed on than using it on a wrestler. When you go on like this, you're limiting yourself to a shit life. People don't get this, but don't be aiming your negativity at wrestling, you backed up your points very well but now it's just overkill, take the high road. You should be "deeply disappointed" at the injustices that are happening in the world be it your own personal life or just in general, not at fucking wrestling. It's not a shame or a waste either. It's just something that fucking happened. That's it. No need for overkill.
    I just want to add that I was deeply disappointed with Matt Blooms return. After watching the guy improve beyond anything anyone ever thought he could, I was hoping for a lot more than what he turned out to be in the end. Such a shame/waste.

I also wouldn't have minded having Ryback stay in the main event picture for longer than he did. The way they built him up and demoted him in almost record trims was embarrassing for all involved. Another shame/waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsonlyleggy
    I feel you made some good points, but I want to mention someone that you forgot: Bray Wyatt. Anyone remember when he first showed up, and the "Husky Harris" chants echoed around raw?

Now, no-one chants for Husky. And two reasons behind that are that Bray MAKES the gimmick work, he's just that good, and also that it's a compelling NEW character who does things we haven't seen before.

Ryback acts like Goldberg, looks like Goldberg, and even wrestles like Goldberg. Which is why fans chant Goldberg, as opposed to Skip.

Tensai.... you CAN'T take a guy as memorable as Albert, but him in bright red undies and pretend he's a brand new destructive force. I can suspend my disbelief (Undertaker abducts Stephanie and puts her on a giant cross) but I can't stretch it that far.

Lastly, fans paid for their seat, IMO they can chant whatever they like. Fans boo Cena every night, and even though that's not part of Vince's WWE's fairytale, no-one ever calls THEM dumb.

Wrestling - watch it love it, cheer it. Call them out on mistakes they make and mark out when they get it really, really right :-)
    Yeah I know about Bray/Husky chants, but the thing is "they wanted to". You should never try and ruin a gimmick because someone once had another gimmick. Brilliant character though, talent overcomes all.

And yeah, everything you say about fans paying for their seats, absolutely their call, the raw after mania those guys made their own fun and were a credit to that show (and got Fandango over briefly).

"Call them out on mistakes they make and mark out when they get it really, really right" - Fucking poetic man You're good at this wrestling thing haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero
    It got ruined by the fans because they never accepted this big Caucasian fella using a Japanese gimmick. If Matt had come back under a different gimmick other than Tensai; one that the fans could relate to a bit easier, things might have worked. I don't really mind when a guy is repackaged, this has been happening since I began watching wrestling back in 1990. I mean, Bray Wyatt got the "Husky Harris" chants, but it hasn't really hurt his push has it? Ryback got the "Goldberg" chants because no matter what anyone says, the Ryback gimmick was almost identical to the one that Big Bill used to great effect in his WCW days.

Back to Matt Bloom. His A-Train gimmick was the best he's ever had IMO, and I wholeheartedly feel it could have worked in this day and age. Having him return after 9 or so years and saying he's been plying his trade in Japan, where he dominated the competition, would have worked better than having A-Train return as a guy who spent some years in Japan and now wants to act like a Japanese guy. To me, and a lot of my friends, it was a joke. There's also the fact that if the gimmick was any cop, it would have been demoted after being rejected by the fans, but stayed the same until he worked his way back up the card. But it didn't stick and now he's Sweet freaking T.

I definitely stand by my statement that that particular gimmick was doomed from the start, and that has nothing to do with the fact that it was a gimmick. I love gimmicks for wrestlers. Having a guy wrestle under his "real name" should almost be a gimmick in itself, not the norm as its become.
    Well you've certainly argued your viewpoint and I respect that greatly. Nothing to really say, great points, I'm not even going to say "agree to disagree" I totally get what you're saying, I think I was just having a poopy moment when I brought up Albert. I liked the gimmick, and I think people should just accept some things, but it is what it is, just don't like how people jump on the bandwagon, which you can't deny alot of people definitely did. As for Ryback, would another Goldberg really have been THAT bad? Well, didn't happen anyway, and it's better the way he is, c'est la vie c'est la vie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsonlyleggy
    I want to mention someone that you forgot: Bray Wyatt. Anyone remember when he first showed up, and the "Husky Harris" chants echoed around raw?
    Post before yours, 1st paragraph.
    I feel you made some good points, but I want to mention someone that you forgot: Bray Wyatt. Anyone remember when he first showed up, and the "Husky Harris" chants echoed around raw?

Now, no-one chants for Husky. And two reasons behind that are that Bray MAKES the gimmick work, he's just that good, and also that it's a compelling NEW character who does things we haven't seen before.

Ryback acts like Goldberg, looks like Goldberg, and even wrestles like Goldberg. Which is why fans chant Goldberg, as opposed to Skip.

Tensai.... you CAN'T take a guy as memorable as Albert, but him in bright red undies and pretend he's a brand new destructive force. I can suspend my disbelief (Undertaker abducts Stephanie and puts her on a giant cross) but I can't stretch it that far.

Lastly, fans paid for their seat, IMO they can chant whatever they like. Fans boo Cena every night, and even though that's not part of Vince's WWE's fairytale, no-one ever calls THEM dumb.

Wrestling - watch it love it, cheer it. Call them out on mistakes they make and mark out when they get it really, really right :-)
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.