Blog Comments

People will never let it go. The funny thing is most of those who keep harping on are actually too young to have seen it. It's mostly what they've read on sites like this or videos they've seen on Youtube.

Most things seem better in hindsight.

For me, being old enough to remember Wrestlemania I, the 80's were the finest wrestling period but I'm sure those old enough to remember would extoll the virtues of 60's and 70's wrestling as being far superior.
    "Hart decides to go to WCW, Vince screws him in his hometown royally"
    Bret Hart is from Calgary, Alberta, Survivor Series was in Montreal, Quebec. Hometown? No, home country, yes.
    Couldn't agree more! It was the best era in WWE/F but like all good things they end and we move on. Well said!
    I agree and disagree that the majority of Nexus were not "big successes". Yes Daniel Bryan is a former World Heavyweight Champion. But Wade Barret is a former Intercontinental Champion and is receiving a moderate push after coming back from injury. Personally I like this version of Barret better than the first incarnation. It's more real to his personality. Justin Gabriel has formed a strong and exciting tag team with Tyson Kidd. Before this team formed, both were flops and I will agree, but they were thrown together cuz they are labeled as "high flyers" and the chemistry they have makes them a good team. I just wish WWE pushed them more. And speaking of tag teams, Darren Young and Titus O'Neil (yes I know he is not an original Nexus member, but he's still NXT) were thrown together and given a stereotypical gimmick that seems to be working. And Darren Young was originally kicked out of Nexus. But the bad side of the original Nexus, David Otunga is still on tv. Heath Slater is in a faction with two struggling or wasted talents. I don't see Slater going any further than comic relief, but still not even that will be successful. And another note, Gabriel and Slater are former Tag Team Champions.

As for Spirit Squad, Ziggler was actually the only one who had potential. They all had talent, but he had the most potential. Maybe they should place him and his brother in a tag team and/or feud if they ever bring Briley Pierce up to the main roster? And please do not say thet Kenny Dykstra was successful. He was in the same boat as Slater, but in a jobber mentality.
    Yeah it was a short, I was expecting a firestorm of comments and get into good conversations.

I agree, bringing them up together doesn't help. I guess continuing on more trends, if you look at guys who have come out in stables, trios, anything other than tag team or singles, they really don't have too much sustained success either.

Spirit Squad, 5 guys, only 1 made it (Ziggler). Nexus, 10 guys, 7 made it, 1 has only had only big success (D Bryan). I'm not liking the chances here.
    Well your blog was a little short, but I'm not gonna say bad. The thing with all of these guys is that the wwe uses them like a child does toys. New and they have so much planned for them then they get bored with them because they don't get over with the fans fast enough. Heck drew was chosen by Vince himself to be a champion and look what happen there, I think it was bad to bring them up only because they were all great on their own and could've came in better ways with bigger impacts. Ambrose was and is expected to be a great heel, and Rollins connects greatly with the fans, and Reigns was a great athlete in fcw, but like you said we'll see where this goes.
    You're right, a lot of these guys are lacking character, charisma. And the matches aren't long enough sustain a good amount of wrestling, so a lot rides on character. Right now, the 3 rookies on the show are henchmen. How well that bodes for their character and connection with the fans? We'll see.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.