Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by K-O-W KINGS!
    -Edgier storylines could work, but I still don't think they have the personnel for it. They've got Punk......but that's really it. I don't think Orton, Cena, Ryback, Ziggler, Sheamus, Show, Rhodes, Cesaro and etc. could fit into edgier storylines and it being believable.
    I think they do.

I believe if allowed a little more breathing room, the current Ziggler/Cena situation can get a bit edgy.

Stop having Sheamus say "Fella" so much. If he's having issues with the Big Show, bring in a bat or a Kendo Stick. Juice the Big guy.

Ryback is a very VERY limited guy and will not be around long. If all the guy can say on the stick is "Feed Me More" he won't be around much longer.

Part of having that attitude is being able to convey that to the masses. You look at the biggest names during the AE and they were all masters on the Mic. The Rock, SCSA, HBK, HHH, Mick Foley/Dude Love, Edge, Christian, Undertaker, Vince-Shane-Stephanie, Road Dogg. All of these guys could work the stick. Wrestling ability is one aspect and that can get overlooked if you can talk. Hulk Hogan was a master of that. The Rock was also pretty limited in the ring yet he got over. Geez, even Cena today is a horrible worker, but the man can work the mic and because of that it's alot easier to overlook the in ring limitations.

It can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Sponsors....And having to fall in line with the new, image-friendly, over-sensitive society we now live in.
    Gradual process implemented in segments starting on Smackdown.

Sponsors will be there. They were back in the day, see no reason they won't going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by pld459666
    there's no reason to be so toned down in your on air programming. There's no reason that the WWE should be placating to the child demographic.
    Sponsors....And having to fall in line with the new, image-friendly, over-sensitive society we now live in.
    -Sorry about the Hart mistake, home country* not town.

-Not having enough money for one of your bigger stars is still not acceptable, so you can't fully blame Bret for jumping.

-Edgier storylines could work, but I still don't think they have the personnel for it. They've got Punk......but that's really it. I don't think Orton, Cena, Ryback, Ziggler, Sheamus, Show, Rhodes, Cesaro and etc. could fit into edgier storylines and it being believable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzaa
    "Hart decides to go to WCW, Vince screws him in his hometown royally"
    Bret Hart is from Calgary, Alberta, Survivor Series was in Montreal, Quebec. Hometown? No, home country, yes.
    Plus always heard Vince suggested Bret take the contract WCW offered him as they realized they couldn't really afford the 20 yr one they signed him to to keep him.
    While I agree with the general premise thatt eh Attitude Era cannot be duplicated, I do believe that the WWE CAN and SHOULD get back to edgier storylines, allow for a little more risque angle's involving some of the Diva's, let the inuendo fly, let guys juice on TV. With Linda McMahon no longer involved in politics, there's no reason to be so toned down in your on air programming. There's no reason that the WWE should be placating to the child demographic. Monday Night wars was fun. Until another billionaire buys TNA and can invest in the product, we will never experience that, but ECW wasn't directly part of that war and they were the edgiest promotion running at the time. Attitude is used way to often, allow guys a bit more freedom to get a little dark with their charachters. I want less refinement from guys and gals.

It can be done, but it has to be a gradual process.
    I don't think it's so much the Attitude Era, as it is, the Monday Night Wars. With WWE being the only game in town, interest in wrestling has gone away. the Attitude Era helped WWE beat WCW because it was new and edgy. That's what everyone wanted. But to have an Attitude Era now makes no sense. *And I'm a huge Attitude Era guy*. With no one putting pressure on you, why risk losing your audience, your sponsors, etc. The Attitude Era would work again, but it would have to be someone else doing it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.