Blog Comments

You mentioned a great time period of 84-90 and I remember watching the '87 Survivor Series and the tag team portion was awesome. Every tag team in that match (excluding the conquistadors) was excellent. Tag team wrestling was fine in '00 but for real tag team wrestling you gotta go back
    also the stables were better during that time
    I also would love to see WWE create a television championship. But it should come from the mergeing of th useless I.C. & US titles. Neither of those belts have the prestige or meaning that they used to. And nothing will compare with the tag team action of the 80's. Sometimes when I think about the garbage we're forced to watch in the "sports entertainment" era of wrestling it makes me sick to my stomach. Man, I remember alot of those great teams. The Fantastics, The Rock'N'Roll Express, The Midnight Express, The Road Warriors, The Sheepherders(I Hated the Bushwhackers), Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson & The Kolloffs. Some great action from back in the day.
    So your idea is by putting a time limit to the match, it will make the action fast paced and will show the technical side? Doesn't make sense to me. If you want to have a title that helps wrestlers build the stepping stones to the IC or US title, then give them their time. However long it takes. Let them go out there as the first match, and it last 20 minutes, and they just tare down the house. I like the idea of a tv title, dislike the idea of a time limit
    I agree with you about the 80s tag teams being the greatest including The Freebirds, Tully and Gino, The Koloffs, The Sheepherders. But what I miss now, no disrespect to the Luchadores or the Japanese, but the masked wrestler. Mr Wresting 2, The Spoiler, The Assassins, The Masked Superstar. I know Kane and Mankind and Vader wore masks but the others I listed never, that I am aware of, gave up their identity from promotion to promotion.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.