PDA

View Full Version : WWE Titles and WWE should do with them

BIGZrudypoo812
09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
I think the WWE needs to retire the WHC and just use the WWE title as the one and only true championship.

Then after they do that, go back to what they use to do and have every superstar on both Raw and Smackdown.

to me this will bring more importance to the WWE title and more importanly every other title because there will be to many main eventers so those guys that dont get a chance at the champ they can then go off and fight for the U.S., Intercontinental or Tag team titles.

your thoughts......

lewism173
09-28-2011, 05:35 PM
na world title is so much better man it is a great classic belt

ihearvoices
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
I think the WWE needs to retire the WHC and just use the WWE title as the one and only true championship.

Then after they do that, go back to what they use to do and have every superstar on both Raw and Smackdown.

to me this will bring more importance to the WWE title and more importanly every other title because there will be to many main eventers so those guys that dont get a chance at the champ they can then go off and fight for the U.S., Intercontinental or Tag team titles.

your thoughts......

The only way this will work is if the whole brand idea is ended and then WWE releases alot of people which would cause more problems than it would solve.

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-28-2011, 05:49 PM

your thoughts......

I was thinking this same thing when the Smackdown and Raw started the super shows with wrestlers performing on both shows only 1 title is needed. But they would need to bring back another title like the light-heavyweight.

Also this has nothing to do with the topic but WWE needs to bring back the cruiserweight title they have enough guys to start a division right now. Maybe they could even have there own 1 hour show!!!

daniel bryan mark
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
No. If you think John Cena and Randy Orton are hogging the title scene with 2 world titles, imagine it with only 1! 4 PPVs in a row, Cena vs Orton, WWE Championship. That'd be amazing! *sarcasm* -_-

Krysys
09-28-2011, 06:02 PM

your thoughts......

No to the bolded part. WWE has to many wrestlers to do this.

wrestlingfan66513
09-28-2011, 06:03 PM
I like the World Title (except that red backing) the WWE belt looks like a toy and the TNA title is fine.

Krysys
09-28-2011, 06:04 PM
No. If you think John Cena and Randy Orton are hogging the title scene with 2 world titles, imagine it with only 1! 4 PPVs in a row, Cena vs Orton, WWE Championship. That'd be amazing! *sarcasm* -_-

I agree with this ^^^^ Nobody wants to see Cena VS Orton 14 times in a row

URATOOL
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM
I'd rather have more titles than less. Pick the ones you like.

(in no real order)
WWE
WHC
World Tag title
Cruiserweight Tag
Cruiserweight
US
European
IC
Divas
Divas tag
Vets (only wrestlers who've been with the E 5 years or more)
Rookies (only for people in their first year)

And if you are gonna mess with the shows then let one show be like Raw is now and the other be every match is a title match. Obviously you have to have the majority of those matches being the lower tier titles, but every match is for a title.

DonzelDomination
09-28-2011, 06:27 PM
na world title is so much better man it is a great classic belt

exactly what i was about to say

DonzelDomination
09-28-2011, 06:29 PM

(in no real order)
WWE
WHC
World Tag title
Cruiserweight Tag
Cruiserweight
US
European
IC
Divas
Divas tag
And if you are gonna mess with the shows then let one show be like Raw is now and the other be every match is a title match. Obviously you have to have the majority of those matches being the lower tier titles, but every match is for a title.

the bolded section will likely confuse the samall chilrens

URATOOL
09-28-2011, 06:36 PM
the bolded section will likely confuse the samall chilrens

How would it be any harder to explain then what a cruiserweight is?

ihearvoices
09-28-2011, 06:36 PM

WWE-Raw
WHC- Smackdown
World Tag title -Both
Cruiserweight- Both
US- smackdown
IC - Raw
Divas- Both
Divas tag ( only if WWE decides to use NXT Divas also sign a few from the indy scene and also FCW) - Both

I like these title and WWE could even Cancel NXT and Superstar and make a new show only showcasing Divas/Cruiserweights & Midcards. This way they will have enough time between the little time they get on raw and smackdown if any plus the time they would get on their own new brand to build up strong feuds for the next PPv. Leaving Raw/Smackdown to have more time for the main eventers and high mid cards and over tag teams
and they can throw in 1 divas match and 1 crusierweight match.

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 07:41 PM

(in no real order)
WWE
WHC
World Tag title
Hardcore
Cruiserweight
US
European
IC
Divas
Divas tag

^ that should be the title picture but i tossed in hardcore title as well, as i was a huggggggggggggge fan of it.

CrowOfMurders
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
The only way this will work is if the whole brand idea is ended and then WWE releases alot of people which would cause more problems than it would solve.

With the WWE network on the way and the likeliness of more shows exclusively on their network, I don't think many releases would happen,since they can utilize all the talent on their network shows. if Raw and Smackdown are kept on free tv like it is right now,then the brand extension can end,the cruiserweights and low card talent can go wrestle on the other shows and make sporadic appearances on the big 2.
The "WWE" title is a joke now, Cena needs to win it 5 more times,take the record from Flair and retire it(which should happen in the next year the way it seems to be going) I think the U.S. championship should stay(but since it's from WCW i don't think WWE would keep it around) and the IC title(intercontinental seems redundant next to world title) or vice versa can be defended on one of the network shows,along with the cruiserweight and divas title. Have appearances by the 3 champs(IC/US, Cruiser,Divas) on Raw and smackdown to highlight the division and champion,it also increases the appeal for fans who want to see more of them and they have an incentive to order the WWE channel.
Keep The World Heavyweight and the US(or IC) the number one and two titles on Raw,Smackdown and PPVs. IF the tag belts gain prestige again,you can treat them like the World and IC showcasing them on Raw,Smackdown and PPVs or make them network specific on a show while making occasional appearances on the big shows. Even if they don't retire the WWE title,maybe the WWE title can be exclusive to the WWE network?
This way you can end the brand extension and reduce some redundant titles while reintroducing and focusing on some better ones.Thoughts?

therockiswwf
09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
A show just for cruiserweights and the cruiserweight title or a show just to showcase the divas/mid-carders would be great...except for the fact that no one would care or watch.

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 09:52 PM
A show just for cruiserweights and the cruiserweight title or a show just to showcase the divas/mid-carders would be great...except for the fact that no one would care or watch.

i would watch it :p I loved the cruiserwieght division, it was filled with excitement, that's what makes the "x division" great on tna.

therockiswwf
09-28-2011, 09:59 PM
i would watch it :p I loved the cruiserwieght division, it was filled with excitement, that's what makes the "x division" great on tna.

Yeah but the WWE never reallyed care about that division. In fact, in the whole year of 1999, the cruiserweight title was on Raw and Smackdown a total of one or two times. I'm not kidding.

BIGZrudypoo812
09-29-2011, 12:57 AM
i agree with what yall are saying, at one point in the Evolution years the WWE made the WHC the major title (Because it was on RAW) and i liked it alot more. but i think one should get retired (it would have to be the WHC because its from WCW).i Agree they should add more Belts (Because that would add more storylines....or not because WWE forgot how to build a good storyline)

i just wish they would bring back the old WWF belt because as more years go by the more you see how much presige that belt had.in 6 years The Rock won the WWF title 7 times and WHC 2 times (9times). Steve austin 6 Times in 8 years. John Cena 12 times in 9 years. from 2006 to 2011 Edge won the belt 11times thats 5 years. HELL in 20 years in both WWE and WCW Hulk Hogan won the WWF title 6 times and the WHC 6 times so he didnt hold it all the time like these guys now are. you dont need to hold the title for 16 times to be great. and if you do then Someone is trying there ass off to make you look or seem great when all in all you are just alright.

HCollins-TNA1
09-29-2011, 01:06 AM
I would Unify the World and WWE title... keep the big Gold belt or bring a new version of the big Gold belt.... everytime i see the big gold belt, it says Ric Flair.......
Anyhow Unify the belts..... One World Champion for both shows..... keep the mid/under card stars separate with Us title on one show and IC title on one show, except for speical occasions...

The Phantom Menace
09-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Here's a ideal. Why not unify the Intercontinental & U.S. titles since they mean absolutely nothing anymore. Since wrestling would be nothing without television. WWE would be smart to capotalize and create they're verision of the WWE World television Championship. Since the Divas replaced the Women's tittle, we finally have one set of worthless Tag belts why not one mid-card championship.

Regal>Cena
09-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Whilst I agree that the WWE Title should be the only World Title, I would be sad to see the WHC be retired.

I would like to see a rebooted WCW that operates as an entirely different entity, although obviously the business side of things still being owned and run by WWE. The WHC could then go home, and maybe the US Championship too. Hell, seeing as this is my fantasy booking send over Zack Ryder with the internet championship to be defended in online exclusive matches. You could have them as under cards to PPV's as a way of drawing in buyrates.

I know none of this will happen ultimately. It would be nice though.

Dr. Death
09-29-2011, 07:11 AM
WWE needs to unite the WWE and WHC championship belts to make 1 heavyweight champ. Have the US Title the top title for Raw and the Intercontinental title the top title for Smackdown. This would make the us and intercontinental champs the #1 contenders to the World Champ who must defend against each. Do the same for the Tag Teams by making a US Tag Title and Intercontinental Tag Title for Smackdown and Raw respectively. This will allow more ring and TV time for under used talent. Do the same for the Divas, except have 1 Diva Champ and 1 Divas Tag Champs that must defend on both shows. The PPV's could be alternating on who gets the World Title shot, and the build up would be good to see each respective shows locker rooms compete for the top spots on their brands to become the #1 contenders.

Y2Jryder
09-29-2011, 08:20 AM

(in no real order)
WWE
WHC
World Tag title
Cruiserweight Tag
Cruiserweight
US
European
IC
Divas
Divas tag

more titles?? you're crazy dude.
They US/IC/tag team/ champ barely defend their titles on a ppv (or just a random match with no build up). Not every wrestler on the roster needs a title lol

Sully
09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
No matter what, WWE should ALWAYS have at least two World titles. People already complain about certain people not getting chances with the belt, you know how much that would decrease if there was only one belt to go after? Unifying the belts, or retiring one of the belts, both of them are horrible, terrible ideas that should never happen.

The mid card titles aren't as important, and if the bland split is actually ended for a much longer period of time, we may see this happen. The Divas title is already unified. Both the Divas and Tag Team divisions are not nearly as important title wise (and "push" wise) and are in a perfect position being dual branded.

As for the other four titles, not only are they needed in the position they currently are in, but they are also classic too. Why get rid of two such classic belts, held by some of the legends like Honkey Tonk Man, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit.

Not only that...but they fucking look cool.

rss3004
09-29-2011, 09:40 AM
One brand, one title? And have Cena vs Orton 6 times a month? No, thank you. Atleast now you can see new faces in the main event.

Y2J___Y2J
09-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Only problem is there will be too many guys going for the gold..
And if they put the mid card title on one of the main event guys then where does it leave the lower ranked guys

Undertaker Mark
09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah but the WWE never reallyed care about that division. In fact, in the whole year of 1999, the cruiserweight title was on Raw and Smackdown a total of one or two times. I'm not kidding.

And they gave it to Hornswoggle that one time

chunkkynutzzz
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Its should be exactly how it is now, just change the tag titles to gold and that's it..defend the u.s.title and I.c. more on t.v. and that should bring recognition more to the title and the wrestler himself!

AOF666
09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
At this point non of the title means nothing any more. When you have the same 2 people winning the titles like a million times, it doesn't really matter anymore. The prestige is gone. So I don't even care anymore, it will always end up in Orton's and Cena's hands any ways!

HCollins-TNA1
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
At this point non of the title means nothing any more. When you have the same 2 people winning the titles like a million times, it doesn't really matter anymore. The prestige is gone. So I don't even care anymore, it will always end up in Orton's and Cena's hands any ways!

Esp with a title change every month or twice a month and on of the same guys getting the belt....

Matches
09-30-2011, 11:32 PM
I agree with alot of points in this thread. I don't think we need to bring back any titles but make the titles we do have mean something again.

Keep both the IC and U.S. titles and start to revitalize those divisions. Those belts have some huge history behind them with legends holding both those titles. Make them mean something again like it used to be when winning one of those titles puts you on the road to main event and world title status. Those belts used to be there to build and further careers, now they seem like a damn prop... which is a complete shame.

Only a few "Superstars" on today's roster actually came up the way, this was the old mentality of the then WWF. As much of you hate to hear it, both Ortan and Cena came up this way.

However lately i do like the direction the IC and U.S. titles are going. Cody is gaining huge steam, has gotten better and better, has had great feuds lately (Minus Ted which the wwe dropped the ball) and it seems as if they are grooming him to become a main event/world title contender into next year. This seems to reverting back to what the titles used to mean.

As for Ziggler, I used to hate him but not anymore. One thing I love about him is how he sells other wrestlers finishers and key moves....pure entertainment.

The only title you might wanna bring back is the Crusierweight....however i do agree the hardcore title was amazing in its time.

TempestH
10-02-2011, 03:15 AM
1. Unify the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. Have one World Champion be cross brand.

2. Make the Intercontinental Championship THE title for the upper midcard.

3. Make the U.S. Championship THE primary title for the lower midcard/

4. Bring back the Cruiserweight Championship and make it be used for all Superstars under 220 lbs (including those who are supposedly "above" competing for it).

5. Bring back the Hardcore Championship or make an equivalent title, but rather than putting the focus on "hardcore wrestling" have the new title be a "gimmick match" title. This title could be used for a midcarder OR be given to a main eventer, preferably one with a gimmick specialty (i.e. Christian with ladder matches), a reputation for brutality (i.e. Orton, Henry) or taking lots of bumps (Cena).