PDA

View Full Version : TNA/Spike Raw deal for people in the UK

paul.lima34
10-09-2010, 09:37 PM
If TNA/SPike Value the Fans in the UK
they will STOP letting Impact running into
Reaction as WE DO NOT GET REACTION !
an we dont know the Final result or what happenes.

Its Bad enough be have to wait 3 days before
it is originally aired an we have to wait for for PPV's
with no option to buy it LIVE!

only way for someone in the UK to watch
Impact/Reaction/BFG like everyone else is by
Watching an Illegal Stream.. Is that what they want??

in the uk i get :-

Wwe NXT LIVE! (but do not watch)
Wwe Smack down LIVE! (but do not watch)
Wwe Raw LIVE! (but do not watch)
Wwe Superstars LIVE! (but do not watch)
Wwe PPV's LIVE! (but do not watch)

TNA impact 3 days late
Reaction we Got 1 once that was a 3 weeks old and out of sequence with Impact
Xplosion 1 day after originally aired out of sequence with Impact or its the one from the previous week.
PPV's 3 days/wwek late on Extreme Sports (didnt even know i had this channel)

its complete rubbish, how is this trying to improve ratings or build the company?

what does everyone else think?

“Bound For Glory 2010” will NOT be available to watch online in the United Kingdom
but tnaondemand.com will be available for Spain, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Russia, South Korea, Greece .... Beyond a joke now!

merhardt03
10-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Thats kinda sucky. I would be unhappy with that. Im in America n I still find Impact running into Reaction kinda lame. Lol.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, take a big deep breath and exhale. READY????? Don't think of this as a problem think of it as an opportunity to save money. What you call illegal streams i call accessibility streams. The internet rasslin community is so small and the ppv streams are so limited even though some people are not paying for them in the large scope of making money on ppv buy's its a drop in the bucket for the few hundred/thousand people not paying. The internets is a wonderful thing and my advice is to take full advantage of it. U MAD???

dave-flames
10-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Worst of all Paul is that unless someone else picks up TNA we may lose it all together. Sky recently brought Bravo & are thinking of losing the channel as its to close to sky1.

brad9993
10-10-2010, 12:38 AM
same boat in australia, im not sure if we get reaction but still lame and stupid ending impact where they did...espicially after tenay said impact would be staying with this untill the end.

Splattered-Dreams
10-10-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm from the UK as well and the same thing is driving me nuts! Mick Foley is saying "I really don't know what TNA can do to match WWE's viewing figures." Erm, well? Broadcasting live in more than one country should help, for starters. By the time iMpact or any TNA PPV airs, most people have already read the spoilers. It's a shame. And it's the same with reaction reAction - why plug a show that's only aired exclusively to America, if your product is televised internationally?

Is it true that we can't watch BFG online in the UK? Surely there's a way. If anyone has anything, feel free to post it :p

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Splatter-dreams check your inbox. U MAD???

TLK
10-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm from the UK as well and the same thing is driving me nuts! Mick Foley is saying "I really don't know what TNA can do to match WWE's viewing figures." Erm, well? Broadcasting live in more than one country should help, for starters. By the time iMpact or any TNA PPV airs, most people have already read the spoilers. It's a shame. And it's the same with reaction reAction - why plug a show that's only aired exclusively to America, if your product is televised internationally?

Is it true that we can't watch BFG online in the UK? Surely there's a way. If anyone has anything, feel free to post it :p

A few years back Sky (BSKYB) had an issue with the WWE when it started making it's subcribers pay for the Premuim PPV's and the WWE was doing live paid for viewing on it's own website for the PPV's and probably at a cheaper price and, Naturally sky threw it's toys out of their pram when this was happening, so the contacted the WWE and consulted them on blocking any ISPs from the UK from viewing live streams from their website and also before RAW was live in the UK that was blocked too. So TNA have probably followed suit in a similar fashion to Bravo stating that we want to show Impact on Our Channel and not live on your website. This was all done to protect their revenue they make from the shows and the exclusive rights to show TNA content.

It is like the cliche, You buy a DVD movie at full price from a retailer and you get quality and buying a pirated DVD from a chinese man you get crap quality but at the same time you see what you want and the retailers/movie companies get hacked off when they lose profits. So SKY decided to make it's voice heard loud and clear and protect it's revenues. So thats the reason probably why you wont be able to view Live TNA PPV's online from their website in the UK, as it will be blocked as Extreme sports have paid a premium so they probably also done the same.

Also as to Impact and Bravo. I will speculate that Impact will find a new home, and TNA are probably negotiating a deal with other Channels. As Eurosport has a HD channel, They could be in line to snap up the rights as TNA do show content in HD so who knows. But I will guess a new home will be found soon and us Brits will get our fix of TNA. Andl also agree it was damm annoying when the battle royal was cut short yesterday.

Splattered-Dreams
10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Interesting points. Any ideas when something like Sky Box Office will show TNA PPVs live? Surely it has to happen soon, if they're serious about matching WWE's viewing figures...

TLK
10-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Interesting points. Any ideas when something like Sky Box Office will show TNA PPVs live? Surely it has to happen soon, if they're serious about matching WWE's viewing figures...

I would doubt very much that any TNA live PPV would be on Sky Box Office without majorly ruffling Vince's feathers as Sky and the WWE have a very cosy relationship. I think if my info is correct besides the Illegal streams, is that BT vision have rights to the PPV's and have earlier showing rights before Extreme sports shows it on friday evening.

Shame the (TWC) The Wrestling Channel ceased a few years back as at least you could watch a full TNA PPV and still had a chance to watch it as they played it quite a lot when it was running. I also think that ROH should pull their fingers out and start giving us Brits some more wrestling instead of showing their content in France.

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I miss TWC immensely, I posted a thread about it in another boad but no one posted there. I could sit and watch that channel all day. We got classic wrestling and loads of new TV from indies from ireland, Japan and the US by day. And by night we got shoot interviews and various other goodies. Its a shame it has such low ratings, it really was a great channel

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 03:18 AM
It was fantastic when it first started. Wrestling from all over the world, without having to buy grainy, 3rd (or worse) generation tapes from traders then waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive lol. It was depressing to see what it became at the end.

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 10:01 AM
It was fantastic when it first started. Wrestling from all over the world, without having to buy grainy, 3rd (or worse) generation tapes from traders then waiting 3 weeks for them to arrive lol. It was depressing to see what it became at the end.

"The Fight! Network" or something, am I right? Just MMA and boxing all day. But they'd occasionally show the shoot interviews still :D

The Watcher
10-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Is nobody going to mention that the actual picture quality of TNA ppvs on Xtreme Sports (the channel that contracted them from TNA) is actually WORSE than an illegal download of the same event?

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Is nobody going to mention that the actual picture quality of TNA ppvs on Xtreme Sports (the channel that contracted them from TNA) is actually WORSE than an illegal download of the same event?

The quality for No Surrender and Hard Justice was fine, if I remember correctly. Its just a shame they come a week late.

BOUND FOR GLORY - EXCLUSIVE TO THE UK, FRIDAY THE 15TH OF OCTOBER

:(

The Watcher
10-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Then we must have been watching a different channel then because the shows I saw suffered from the horrible breakup and pixelization that you get on bad youtube videos!

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 02:41 PM
The quality for No Surrender and Hard Justice was fine, if I remember correctly. Its just a shame they come a week late.

BOUND FOR GLORY - EXCLUSIVE TO THE UK, FRIDAY THE 15TH OF OCTOBER

:(

BFG at Friday 15th?

Dude stream man! Waiting that long isn't worth it. (BFG isn't worth it either....-.-)

Splattered-Dreams
10-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Oh, I've already watched it! I just prefer watching things on TV xD