PDA

View Full Version : Alright I'm tired of Battle Royals!

Yano88
09-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Over the top rope battle royals are the stupidiest match I've ever seen!

Not the match itself but the ruling and the referees!

the first guy or the champion that competes only needs o get out from the ring as soon as the match starts from the bottom rope!

Then he can go to the backstage having a pizza or a coffee while the other fights.
Once the field is pretty much cleared he comes back and wins the match.
Really?? I mean c'mon!!! What are the referees doing there anyways??? If someone gets out they don't tell anything!

How many Battle royals had this ending? How many battle royals Edge won this way? And Monday Cody Rhodes too escaped early from the ring only to return at the ending...
This is RIDICULUS.

Either WWE implements a time limit of don't know lets say 30 seconds outside the ring OR eliminate the "over the top" rule and say that anyone who touch the outside floor is eliminated...

This way both Battle Royals and Royal Rumble will be so much more entertaining and fun and heel characters will have to think other plots to win... (not limiting themselves to just leave the ring.. -.-)

URATOOL
09-28-2011, 06:50 AM

the first guy or the champion that competes only needs o get out from the ring as soon as the match starts from the bottom rope!

Then he can go to the backstage having a pizza or a coffee while the other fights.
Really?? I mean c'mon!!! What are the referees doing there anyways??? If someone gets out they don't tell anything!

How many Battle royals had this ending? How many battle royals Edge won this way? And Monday Cody Rhodes too escaped early from the ring only to return at the ending...
This is RIDICULUS.

Either WWE implements a time limit of don't know lets say 30 seconds outside the ring OR eliminate the "over the top" rule and say that anyone who touch the outside floor is eliminated...

This way both Battle Royals and Royal Rumble will be so much more entertaining and fun and heel characters will have to think other plots to win... (not limiting themselves to just leave the ring.. -.-)

The chaos, cheating and interfering have always been part of this type of match. If you want to make all matches 'fair' then you need two refs plus video replays for tag matches. Have you ever seen one that doesn't involve cheating behind the refs back.

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 06:55 AM

This is RIDICULUS.

I agree, it should be where if your feet touch the ground....period. No matter if you went under the rope, through the middle or over the top.

Y2Jryder
09-28-2011, 06:59 AM
It's just a heel thing

Yano88
09-28-2011, 07:02 AM
The chaos, cheating and interfering have always been part of this type of match. If you want to make all matches 'fair' then you need two refs plus video replays for tag matches. Have you ever seen one that doesn't involve cheating behind the refs back.

Maybe you don't get the point... Cheating it's ok with me... Acting behing the back of a referee is cool.

But leaving the ring in COMPLETE sight of the referee that does ABSOLUTELY nothing to the guy who leaves the ring is just plain STUPID.

Referees should act as Lumberjacks and forcefully put back a guy into the ring... We cannot have battle royals where a guy leaves the ring and comes back at the end.

Why?? It's not credible!

If I pick the number 1 at the Royal Rumble I've nothing to fear: I can either stay on backstage having dinner OR enter the ring and leaving it as soon as the match starts via bottom rope.

Just like Reichwlf said the rule should be that you are eliminated as soos as your feet touch the ground... no question asked.

CMhuw24
09-28-2011, 07:23 AM
I hate the logic behind the match, but i generally find battle royals amusing

Enforcer23
09-28-2011, 07:27 AM
wwe put on shows not wrestling matches

Samuel L. Jackson
09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
... & I'm gettin tired of these muthaf'n threads on this muthaf'n forum!

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Classic. I lul'd hard on that one.

Yano88
09-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Then why you post on these muthaf'n threads?

Go away if you don't like it...

@enforcer 23: true, wwe does show not wreslting mathes... But gosh, these show must be credible!

Samuel L. Jackson
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Then why you post on these muthaf'n threads?

Go away if you don't like it...

@enforcer 23: true, wwe does show not wreslting mathes... But gosh, these show must be credible!

English Muthf*cka! Do you speak it?!

monctonvike
09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
I hate the logic behind the match, but i generally find battle royals amusing

I grew loving cage matches but they are very silly if you think about it. The only way you can win is by pin fall or submission or by escaping the cage by climbing over the top or simply exiting the by way of the door you came in from (although no one ever wins by going out the door)

shambo2k9
09-28-2011, 08:42 AM
I grew loving cage matches but they are very silly if you think about it. The only way you can win is by pin fall or submission or by escaping the cage by climbing over the top or simply exiting the by way of the door you came in from (although no one ever wins by going out the door)

Stone Cold Steve Austin would have to disagree this point. EH EH !

Yano88
09-28-2011, 09:00 AM
English Muthf*cka! Do you speak it?!

You are still here??? On a thread that you said was a "muthaf'n thread"?

You either like this thread OR you're stupid if you continue to post here...

The choice is up to you... lol

Sully
09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't think I ever recall a champion ever leaving the ring and having...a pizza backstage. There are barely any battle royals, let alone battle royals for championships. Plus, they'd have to be a heel champion in order for them to leave the ring anyways.

Battle Royals for the mid card are a great way to get those people who are never used, in a match one way or another.

Yano88
09-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Im not saying that the battle royal is a bad match.

Only its ruling... I don't like one bit the fact that someone can leave the ring and come back whenever he wants to.

Even at the last Royal Rumble Santino Marella was about to win it using this method...

Blinker
09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
So you would rather have a Battle Royal Lumberjack match? They can't exit the ring peacefully = win. You get to have even more wrestlers onscreen = win. Win/Win. :)

I get your point about the rules. They can just go out and hide which makes it dumb because they can just come back. Well, it works for getting heels extra heat. Look how much you dislike it. Yes it's dumb, but oh well. I do like the "30 seconds outside" thought, but it won't happen. I have gripes about a number of match types, but I just accept them.

Look on the bright side, we were able to see Drew for a minute or two. BONUS!!

Yano88
09-28-2011, 09:22 AM
So you would rather have a Battle Royal Lumberjack match? They can't exit the ring peacefully = win. You get to have even more wrestlers onscreen = win. Win/Win. :)

I get your point about the rules. They can just go out and hide which makes it dumb because they can just come back. Well, it works for getting heels extra heat. Look how much you dislike it. Yes it's dumb, but oh well. I do like the "30 seconds outside" thought, but it won't happen. I have gripes about a number of match types, but I just accept them.

Look on the bright side, we were able to see Drew for a minute or two. BONUS!!

I agree with you.

And yes, the best thing about the last battle royal was to see Drew McIntire back on TV...

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Just think if every person in one went under the ropes and all ganged up on cody "after" the match started. It could go on forever.

Samuel L. Jackson
09-28-2011, 09:29 AM
You are still here??? On a thread that you said was a "muthaf'n thread"?

You either like this thread OR you're stupid if you continue to post here...

The choice is up to you... lol

I dont always use old memes
But when I do -
I'm Winning...

Yano88
09-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Just think if every person in one went under the ropes and all ganged up on cody "after" the match started. It could go on forever.

That's why Im here complaining... It's just that battle royals are not crediblle anymore...

I was watching Raw with my mom the other day and, with her ignorance, she asked me (after having seen Cody leaving the ring):

"Why the others just don't do the same? Why do you even watch this? It's all fake and I can clearly see that the one with the mask is going to win." <-----she was talking about Cody, not Sin Cara XD

I was owned by mom XD

Kerrastone
09-28-2011, 11:02 AM
That's why Im here complaining... It's just that battle royals are not crediblle anymore...

I was watching Raw with my mom the other day and, with her ignorance, she asked me (after having seen Cody leaving the ring):

"Why the others just don't do the same? Why do you even watch this? It's all fake and I can clearly see that the one with the mask is going to win." <-----she was talking about Cody, not Sin Cara XD

I was owned by mom XD

You had me in stitches with "watching Raw with my mom"
Really?

on topic: Who cares? Im an asshole.

Y2J___Y2J
09-28-2011, 11:47 AM
It's just a cheap way to get guys heat.
"This way both Battle Royals and Royal Rumble will be so much more entertaining and fun and heel characters will have to think other plots to win"...
Yeaaaaahhh because the wrestlers get to decide what they do for the entire finish of the match.... LOL

Yano88
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
It's just a cheap way to get guys heat.
"This way both Battle Royals and Royal Rumble will be so much more entertaining and fun and heel characters will have to think other plots to win"...
Yeaaaaahhh because the wrestlers get to decide what they do for the entire finish of the match.... LOL

What I wanted to say is that should be more entertaining for us to see a heel character come up with something different to make a win.
Let's say that for example an extremely heel character (Christian) wins the world title and has to defend it in a 20 battle royal.

If he cannot leave the ring ven from the bottom rope it should be very fun to see how he tries to win the match (which is still possible for a heel).

Otherwise we both know that he would just leave the ring and try to steal the win at the end.

That's what I meant... I hope that now you can understand what my point is...

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 12:18 PM

then why in the hell are you here?

jordan1995
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM

but this wouldn't happen because the wrestlers arnt booked to do that ..the wrestlers don't chose to leave the ring they are told to leave the ring.so your complaints should be a the creative staff booking not the rules of the match ...

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 01:52 PM
but this wouldn't happen because the wrestlers arnt booked to do that ..the wrestlers don't chose to leave the ring they are told to leave the ring.so your complaints should be a the creative staff booking not the rules of the match ...

I know, i was just proving the point of the flaw of the match itself. It would be a lot more realistic if the rule itself was:

If you touch the ground at all, you are eliminated from the match.

It would also make a lot more sense.

jordan1995
09-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I know, i was just proving the point of the flaw of the match itself. It would be a lot more realistic if the rule itself was:

If you touch the ground at all, you are eliminated from the match.

It would also make a lot more sense.

yeah it would make more sense but it creates heat for the heels ... wasn't having a dig at you though pal :)

Rich Cranium
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM
To add, it is annoying when a wrestler who has been eliminated hangs around to pull someone else over the top! Shouldn't the person pulled out by an eliminated person still be in the match?

johnnydropkicks
09-28-2011, 02:30 PM

This is RIDICULUS.

you gona be god damn tired of battle royales when I say you god damn tired of battle royales. and that's just the way it's gonna be playa. holla

Reichwulf
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
To add, it is annoying when a wrestler who has been eliminated hangs around to pull someone else over the top! Shouldn't the person pulled out by an eliminated person still be in the match?

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/7400/13angle1at1.jpg

SteveButabi
09-28-2011, 03:06 PM
I was watching Raw with my mom the other day

I stopped there.

Yano88
09-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I stopped there.

weesh... I must explain everything here...

Ok kids... I was in the kitchen where is the TV and where I usually eat.

In that place my mom eats too. Are you with me??

While we were eating I was watching Raw... The next step is complicated... try to stay focus.

Since I was in the same room as my mom and there was only 1 TV she watched RAW too...

That doesn't mean she is a WWE fan or anything like that...

She just watched it because I was watchin it...

Do YOU understand what I'm saying to you right now??? lol

Jags
09-28-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree partially to what you're saying, it isn't always fun to see someone just leave the ring and just wait to come back in but on the other hand the other participants just started fighting when Cody Rhodes left the ring before it even started. Dibiase should of went right after it, what else had he to do?

In the middle of a match I'm fine with it though, sometimes just leaving the ring and letting the others fight builds some great heat or when knocked through the middle/bottom rope it comes as a nice surprise when that person gets back in. I completely forgot about Santino at this years Royal Rumble.

I guess it's all about timing.

therockiswwf
09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Well what would you want the refs to do? When they get a pat on the back they are out for ten years. Also, why doesn't every champ win a match by dq? Because that would make sense, which is something ALL wrestlers don't have.

See wrestling and logic just don't mix.

Yano88
09-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Well what would you want the refs to do? When they get a pat on the back they are out for ten years. Also, why doesn't every champ win a match by dq? Because that would make sense, which is something ALL wrestlers don't have.

See wrestling and logic just don't mix.

Several champions have used the DQ method to mantain the championship. But what you gain from this kind of victory? Logically your opponent gets a rematch where anything goes or if you get DQ again you lose the championship.

Logically a champion should use the DQ technique as a last resort AND IF he manages to do that.

Of course I'm speaking about heel champions. It would be very illogical for a guy like Cena to DQ himself in order to retain the belt.

OldSchoolHeel
09-29-2011, 03:31 AM
have some cheese with your whine.

after you eat it perhaps you can compile a list of battle royals that were for championships.

URATOOL
09-29-2011, 03:53 AM
weesh... I must explain everything here...

Ok kids... I was in the kitchen where is the TV and where I usually eat.

In that place my mom eats too. Are you with me??

While we were eating I was watching Raw... The next step is complicated... try to stay focus.

Since I was in the same room as my mom and there was only 1 TV she watched RAW too...

That doesn't mean she is a WWE fan or anything like that...

She just watched it because I was watchin it...

Do YOU understand what I'm saying to you right now??? lol

He doth protest too much methinks........

Admit it. Your mum has Hulk Hogan's face tattooed on her butt!

Yano88
09-29-2011, 05:11 AM
He doth protest too much methinks........

Admit it. Your mum has Hulk Hogan's face tattooed on her butt!

You got me there!

She also has the blonde mustache XD