PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Football (Soccer) Stories

Steve Austin
09-27-2011, 05:38 PM
After reading a few crazy stories (Including the Tevez one) I thought I'd post them here. Feel free to post some yourself :)

Steve Austin
09-27-2011, 05:39 PM
The BBC wins for best opening sentence of the day:

Bath City had five players sent off as an FA Youth Cup tie descended into farce following a row over underpants.

Bath manager Billy Clarke was also sent off for dissent after the first of his players was shown a red for the underwear violation 20 minutes into their eventual 6-0 loss to Newport County in the FA Youth Cup qualifying match. The BBC explains:

Underwear must be the same colour as the shorts but Bath's white pants were visible below their black shorts.

"It was all very surreal. I was angry with the officials," said Bath managing director Paul Williams.

"Rules are rules but the officiating wasn't what it should have been for a youth cup tie.

"Why didn't the officials check the colours before the start?

Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben and his spandex leggings have fallen afoul of this rule in recent years, so it's not unheard of. Plus, our friends at Eurosport point out that the FA has a rule that states, "if thermal undershorts are worn, they are of the same main colour as the shorts." Still, Bath City have reason to be upset -- whether it be with themselves or the iron-fisted official -- because Newport's first goal in what I'm going to call The Underpants Thrashing was scored while two of Bath's players were changing.

Failing to qualify for the FA Youth Cup made it a costly lesson, but Bath City will certainly be sure to better co-ordinate their shorts with their underwear from now on.

Steve Austin
09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Kettering 3 - 5 Hayes & Yeading
Kettering strikers Moses Ashikodi and Jean-Paul Marna were sent-off for fighting each other as Hayes & Yeading won an eight-goal thriller.

Marna had made it 5-3 in stoppage time when the duo came to blows.

Hayes raced into a 3-0 lead through Tom Collins' drilled shot, a Louie Soares penalty and Pierre Joseph Dubois' header.

Ashikodi and Adam Cunnington replied for Kettering but Hector Mackie and a second from Soares kept Hayes ahead.

The game desceded into farce in the closing minutes. First, Ashikodi saw his penalty saved by Delroy Preddie.

Then Marna grabbed a consolation goal before the two forwards were red carded for scrapping to complete a miserable evening for struggling Kettering.

pauadrian
09-29-2011, 12:17 AM
how the hell did you find these

VanHooliganX
09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh hell yeah! I'm loaded with stupid knowledge.

Man City hold the best FA Cup comeback in history. In 2004 they came back from 3-0 down against spurs to win 4-3 in the last minute. Not the best comeback. Until you realise Man City were down to 10 men at the end of half time.

Man City have "TypicalCitySyndrome" this illness causes them to do amazing things that they shouldn't be able to do, and also fuck up stupidly bad.
Examples:
Man City won their first english 1st division cup in the 30's. Which is great right? Well the very next season they got relagated. Even though they scored the most goals in every league in england.
Once in the FA Cup. Man City got a team (no clue who now, sorry) who were weaker than them. Man City were winning 6-0 after 85 minutes. But because of bad weather, it was abandoned. In the replay, they lost 3-1.
Man City were the only team to beat Jose Mourinhos Chelsea in the league. Problem is, they lost both games against the 3 relagated sides that year.

Non-city stats:
Newcastle hold the best comebacks in the champions league, the only team to come back and qualify for the enxt round after losing the first 3 games, and the best game comeback vs. Arsenal, 4-0 down (3-0 down after 20 mins) and came back to 4-4
Preston North End were the first sports team ever to have an undefeated season.
Cambridge United or Sheffield FC is the oldest team in football (although its debated which 1 is older)
If you excluding tied records or teams they've only played once and drawn (example, algeria)
England have only 4 teams that have a better head to head than them.
These are:
Uruguary
Brazil
Italy (But we have better GD, how that works out I dunno but its true)
and someone else (sorry :S)
Frances last 4 world cups.
1998 - Won it
2002 - In the same group against Uruguay, finished 0-0 and lost to Senegal of Africa, didn't score 1 goal.
2006 - Finalists
2010 - In the same group against Uruguay, finished 0-0 and lost to South Africa of...Africa.
Gelforth Town, who played in tier 8 (and possibly still do) believe they would win the 2018 premier league title. Thats nearly getting promoted every year.
Blackpool are nicknamed the seasiders. But Bridlington Town are also nicknamed the seasiders. The older club? Bridlington. They should get the lawyers!

non-serious:
Although the chinese dominate in the sport of diving. Christiano Ronaldo is favourite to win gold at the 2012 Olympics. Tom Daily is now 2nd best hope the UK has behind Theo Walcott.
Wayne Rooney = White pele? Well with that logic. Torres = White Heskey.

Automatic
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Don't know where to put it.
Keep skipping by the minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhFXb6OJh_w&feature=player_embedded#!

Steve Austin
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
how the hell did you find these

They were on the BBC website and MSN after you sign out of Hotmail.

Steve Austin
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Oh hell yeah! I'm loaded with stupid knowledge.

Man City hold the best FA Cup comeback in history. In 2004 they came back from 3-0 down against spurs to win 4-3 in the last minute. Not the best comeback. Until you realise Man City were down to 10 men at the end of half time.

Man City have "TypicalCitySyndrome" this illness causes them to do amazing things that they shouldn't be able to do, and also fuck up stupidly bad.
Examples:
Man City won their first english 1st division cup in the 30's. Which is great right? Well the very next season they got relagated. Even though they scored the most goals in every league in england.
Once in the FA Cup. Man City got a team (no clue who now, sorry) who were weaker than them. Man City were winning 6-0 after 85 minutes. But because of bad weather, it was abandoned. In the replay, they lost 3-1.
Man City were the only team to beat Jose Mourinhos Chelsea in the league. Problem is, they lost both games against the 3 relagated sides that year.

Non-city stats:
Newcastle hold the best comebacks in the champions league, the only team to come back and qualify for the enxt round after losing the first 3 games, and the best game comeback vs. Arsenal, 4-0 down (3-0 down after 20 mins) and came back to 4-4
Preston North End were the first sports team ever to have an undefeated season.
Cambridge United or Sheffield FC is the oldest team in football (although its debated which 1 is older)
If you excluding tied records or teams they've only played once and drawn (example, algeria)
England have only 4 teams that have a better head to head than them.
These are:
Uruguary
Brazil
Italy (But we have better GD, how that works out I dunno but its true)
and someone else (sorry :S)
Frances last 4 world cups.
1998 - Won it
2002 - In the same group against Uruguay, finished 0-0 and lost to Senegal of Africa, didn't score 1 goal.
2006 - Finalists
2010 - In the same group against Uruguay, finished 0-0 and lost to South Africa of...Africa.
Gelforth Town, who played in tier 8 (and possibly still do) believe they would win the 2018 premier league title. Thats nearly getting promoted every year.
Blackpool are nicknamed the seasiders. But Bridlington Town are also nicknamed the seasiders. The older club? Bridlington. They should get the lawyers!

non-serious:
Although the chinese dominate in the sport of diving. Christiano Ronaldo is favourite to win gold at the 2012 Olympics. Tom Daily is now 2nd best hope the UK has behind Theo Walcott.
Wayne Rooney = White pele? Well with that logic. Torres = White Heskey.

Haha some good ones in there. I like the City ones. I remember watching that cup game against Spurs, great game. Oh and I'm pretty sure Boro beat Mourinho's Chelsea 3-0 and surely Man Utd beat them! Nice stuff though ;)

Steve Austin
09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Don't know where to put it.
Keep skipping by the minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhFXb6OJh_w&feature=player_embedded#!

Haha that is genius! I didn't notice the first time I was wondering what was going on haha.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:23 PM
It was 1991 and the derby between Uruguay's two biggest teams was taking place: Penarol-Nacional. The incident involved Panamean international Dely Valdez (now in PSG, France) and Penarol defender Goncalves. Valdez was Nacional's striker and he was known for wearing gold chains and other jewelry on the pitch. Both players were struggling as a corner kick was about to take place for Nacional, Goncalves ripped off one of Valdez's gold-chains and hid it in his sock. Nobody in the stadium saw it but the TV cameras caught the moment, and after the game Valdez and the police were waiting for Goncalvez outside the dressing rooms. Goncalvez was arrested but the charges were later dropped as he had returned the chain.
Why did he do it? Goncalvez reply is clear and simple:
"I don't know what I was thinking"

This derby became known simply as the "golden-chain derby"

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:24 PM
This happened on June 1996 and it was during a Penarol-Danubio game. Penarol fans were upset at the fact that their team was down 1-0 and with few minutes remaining the fans began throwing all sorts of objects into the pitch (rocks,bottles) but what finally caused the ref to suspend the game was the sight of the linesman down, a motorcycle helmet next to him: it had just hit him.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
A couple of years ago there was a story in a paper about a Cambridgeshire league match that was played one winter in typically murky fenland conditions. After about 10 minutes, the fog came down so thickly that visibilty was reduced to about half the length of the pitch, so the referee decided to abandon the game. It was only after the players had been enjoying the warmth of the changing rooms for about 20 minutes that a player on one of the teams noticed that their goalkeeper had not come in. When they went out to look for him they discovered him still faithfully guarding his goal, oblivious to the fact that the match had been abandoned. Apparently, he thought his team had been playing particularly well and had managed to keep the play at the other end of the pitch...

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:27 PM
In a friendly practice match in Mexico during the seventies, a goalie was hassling the goalie about something or other. The player left the pitch and returned with a gun, shot the ref a point blank range killing him instantly.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Once, Newtownards football club were playing a match against Ballycastle junior farmers, in the bass Irish cup. The crowd was about 100 in total. Nearby, a pie baking competition was taking place. A man named Douglas Saulters had taken surprise first place, with a beef and apricot pie, his rival, Bernie Botmann, was irate at the judges decision, and stormed out of the contest. He drove to the football ground to calm down. However, he decided to get rid of the pies, and, in a rage, threw at the footballers. Johnny Mccreadie, the Ballycastle forward, who was a bit fat, halted an attack to bend over to sample the pieman's wares. suddenly, the crowd began to sing "who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, you fat bas****, you fat bas****, who ate all the pies? and this was how that famous song was begun!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Ronnie Whealen playing for Liverpool against Southampton 1987..The game was going Liverpools way so they decided to calm it down a bit and pass the ball around the defence, In his wisdom, Ronnie decided to pass the ball back to Brucey in goals, but instead of a simple pass the guy goes and lobs him from over 60 yards out. Liverpool drew the game 2-2.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
It concerns a match played around Dec '93-Feb '94 between Barbados and Grenada in some cup competition. Barbados needed to win the game by two clear goals in order to progress to the next round. Now the trouble was caused by a daft rule in the competition which stated that in the event of a game going to penalty kicks, the winner would be awarded a 2-0 victory.
With 5 minutes to go, Barbados were leading 2-1, and going out of the tournament. Then, when they realised they were probably not going to score against Grenada's massed defence, they turned round, and deliberately scored an own goal, to level the scores. Grenada, themselves not being stupid, realised what was going on, and then attempted to score an own goal themselves. However, the Barbados players started defending their opponents goal to prevent this. In the last five minutes, therefore, spectators were treated to the incredible sight of a team defending their opponents goal against attackers desperately trying to score an own goal!

Eventually, the game did go to penalties, which Barbados won... Apparently it was televised live.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
I've got tons of these! I'll keep posting them periodically!

Automatic
09-29-2011, 04:41 PM
It concerns a match played around Dec '93-Feb '94 between Barbados and Grenada in some cup competition. Barbados needed to win the game by two clear goals in order to progress to the next round. Now the trouble was caused by a daft rule in the competition which stated that in the event of a game going to penalty kicks, the winner would be awarded a 2-0 victory.
With 5 minutes to go, Barbados were leading 2-1, and going out of the tournament. Then, when they realised they were probably not going to score against Grenada's massed defence, they turned round, and deliberately scored an own goal, to level the scores. Grenada, themselves not being stupid, realised what was going on, and then attempted to score an own goal themselves. However, the Barbados players started defending their opponents goal to prevent this. In the last five minutes, therefore, spectators were treated to the incredible sight of a team defending their opponents goal against attackers desperately trying to score an own goal!

Eventually, the game did go to penalties, which Barbados won... Apparently it was televised live.

This is just amazing.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:45 PM
This is just amazing.

Class isn't it!! Football's a crazy game, that's why I love it!!

pauadrian
09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
In a friendly practice match in Mexico during the seventies, a goalie was hassling the goalie about something or other. The player left the pitch and returned with a gun, shot the ref a point blank range killing him instantly.

we are crazy sobs

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 04:51 PM
we are crazy sobs

Hey, the Colombians shoot their own National Team players!!

pauadrian
09-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey, the Colombians shoot their own National Team players!!

really wow

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
really wow

Yup Andres Escobar! He scored an own goal in the '94 World Cup, that knocked Colombia out of the tournament! Apparently he cost a lot of drug dealers a lot of money! He was shot in a nightclub car park, the shooter was heard shouting, 'Thanks for the own goal' for each of the 12 times he shot him!! That's crazy!

Steve Austin
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Haha some genius and crazy ones in there, great finds! :)

Wade Barrett 1979
09-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Haha some genius and crazy ones in there, great finds! :)

As I say mate, I have plenty more! I'll keep posting them over the coming days! Good thread topic chief!

VanHooliganX
09-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Haha some good ones in there. I like the City ones. I remember watching that cup game against Spurs, great game. Oh and I'm pretty sure Boro beat Mourinho's Chelsea 3-0 and surely Man Utd beat them! Nice stuff though ;)

Different season :) The match we won was Joses first with Chelsea. But that was an awesome 3-0 :)

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I have a few more coming up for ya::

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
At a recent match in Cork Ireland,the away team scored a late equaliser to deprive the home team of a much needed 3 points. The goalie who conceeded the goal was so aggrieved at the ref`s decision not to award a free out that he nicked a cornetto of a kid standing by the goal and threw it at the referee. When the ref looked around to find the culprit,he saw the kid and his mate laughing hysterically and proceeded to send the two kids out of the field and,for some strange reason, book the striker who`d just scored.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:15 PM
An international in 1967 between Sweden and Norway. Sweden were 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go. There sriker Heinrickson was clean through on goal with metres of space. Instead of scoring, he cheekily dribbled the ball to the corner flag. The furious Norwejien defender charged at him, landing a fist right in his face. Our Hero walked to the changing room without even looking at the ref!! The sweden attacker had to have stiches and Sweden had made both substitutions so it was 10 verses 10!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:17 PM
At Maine Road in a 3rd round cup tie in the 67/68 season, Manchester City were playing Reading. In their time-honoured fashion, City were making a meal of lower division opposition, but finally won a penalty. As these were the days of 'One Pen Lee', the might penalty taker, he put the ball and the spot, and walked back to take his customary enormous run up.
However, unknow to him Tony Coleman, the left wing at that time, decided HE was going to go for glory; as Franny Lee walked back, he ran up and proceeded to belt the ball miles over the bar. Cue collapse of Kippax Stand occupants.

City went on to win the replay 7-0

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
A Manchester City fan was banned in 1995 from bringing dead chickens into City’s Maine Road ground. He used to celebrate City goals by swinging the birds around his head.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Stopping off en route to Iceland , the Albanian national team were thrown out of England in 1990 after going on a shopping spree at Heathrow. They had thought “duty free” meant help yourself.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:22 PM
The Liberia team escaped imprisonment by holding Gambia to a goalless draw in 1980. The Liberian Head of State, Master Sergeant Samuel Doe, had threatened to jail them it they lost.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
West Ham defender Alvin Martin scored a hat-trick against three different goalkeepers in the 8-1 win over Newcastle in 1986. The injured Martin Thomas was replaced in the Newcastle goal first by Chris Hedworth, then by Peter Beardsley.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
A referee at a friendly match in Brazil drew a revolver and shot dead a player who disputed a penalty decision. The referee escaped in horseback.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Hollingsworth Juniors football team from Manchester fell victim to an own gull in a match with Stalybridge Celtic Colts in 1999. Colts were leading 2-1 when 13-year-old striker Danny Worthington tried a speculative shot from 25 yards. The ball was sailing way over the bar until it hit a passing seagull on the head, spun over the Hollingsworth goalkeeper and landed in the net. Despite protests, the goal was allowed to stand. Realizing they were up against 12 men, demoralized Hollingsworth went on to lose 7-1.

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
A Manchester City fan was banned in 1995 from bringing dead chickens into City’s Maine Road ground. He used to celebrate City goals by swinging the birds around his head.

Sadly before my time but i've heard stories he tried giving other fans a few heads. Didn't catch on.

Also thank you Mr. 1979! Your stories have been greatly entertaining, especially the barbados 1 and the fa cup man city story that proves we have TypicalCity Syndrome lol. I'll have to get my act in gear if I want to rival your stories.

A few Manchester City stories:
True, there are quite a few already in this, but thats because we have great fun we have whilst watching :)

Manchester United chant "We shall not, we shall not be moved!"
Manchester City chant (Recently stopped since we've become a powerhouse but we did it vs Bolton this season) "We shall not, we won't win the league!"

Man City once had a brazilian striker with the surname: Alan. He was usually on the subs bench and always an unused sub. Eventually on the last game of the season he came on for 5-10 minutes. Every Man City fan went stupidly loud with cheers and continued everytime he touched the ball. We were louder than when we actually scored in the match.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86234651358&v=wall&viewas=0
On the last game of the season in 08/09 (I think) we played a new wingback. Pidgeiniho. He didn't score but he got a chant of his own and was sang through blue moon.

A Van story:
We all have a friend who isn't into the sport, thats fine because we can use this to our advantage. A good pub game I made is for who should get the last round in. Simply say to your non-footy liking friend. "Name 4 teams who have won the premier league" Most people, including my friend will say "Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool" and sadly Liverpool don't look like getting on that list, its Blackburn Rovers. He had to get the round in, plus you feel smarter and stay alittle richer :)

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Sorry for a double post. But the other was alittle glitchy when editing and refused to move down or scroll down. Ah well. Who cares really.

I'm about to post a few jokes that you could use yourself. I'm picking rivaled teams at random just because you know how you could use them, or even switch them :) I hope you enjoy what I found.

A primary teacher starts a new job at a school in West Hampshire and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Southampton fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Saints fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand expect one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: 'Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?'

'Because I'm not a Southampton fan', she replied.
The teacher, still shocked, asked: 'Well if you're not a Saints fan, then who are you a fan of?'

'I'm a Portsmouth fan, and proud of it', Mary replied.
The teacher could not believe her ears.

'Mary, why, pray tell, are you a Pompey fan?'

'Because my mum and dad are from Portsmouth, and my mum is a Pompey fan and my dad is a Pompey fan, so I'm a Pompey fan too!'

'Well, 'said the teacher, in a obviously annoyed tone, 'that's no reason for you to be a Portsmouth fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all the time. What if your mum was a prostitute and you dad was a drug dealer and car thief, what what you be then?'

'Then', Mary smiled, 'I'd be a Southampton fan.'

My personal favourite:
A Manchester City van driver used to amuse himself by running over every Manchester United fan he would see strutting down the side of the road in their ubiquitous red and white or green and yellow colours they now wear. He would swerve to hit them, there would be a loud 'thud' and then he would swerve back on the road.

One day, as the driver was driving along, he saw a priest hitchhiking. He thought he would do a good turn and pulled the van over. He asked the Priest, 'Where are you going, Father?' I'm going to say mass at St. Joseph's church, about 2 miles down the road' replied the priest. 'No problem Father! I'll give you a lift! climb in!'

The happy priest climbed into the passenger seat and the van continued down the road.

Suddenly the driver saw a United fan walking down the road and instinctively swerved to hit him. But, just in time, he remembered the priest, so at the last minute he swerved back to the road, narrowly missing the United fan. However even though he was certain he missed the United fan, he still heard a loud 'thud'. Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors and when he didn't see anything he turned to the priest and said, 'I'm sorry Father, I almost hit that United fan, ' That's okay' replied the priest. 'I got him with the door!'

Steve Austin
09-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I've used that pub trick haha, I am a Liverpool fan but a free drink for 5 seconds of "Liverpool haven't won the prem" is well worth it ;)

Great stories guys, some of these are crazy, I'm gonna have to try and find some that are gonna beat these, it will be difficult :)

Tomsta666
09-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Different season :) The match we won was Joses first with Chelsea. But that was an awesome 3-0 :)

Hell yeah it was an AWESOME 3-0!!

Another AWESOME BORO result was when we beat Man City 8-1 in 2008. Remember that one!! haha ;)

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Torquay hold the record for shortest managerial reign in sporting history.

The said manager (Sorry, don't know the name) was employed at 3:30 and terminated at 3:40 when the chairman sold the club.
He said he was doing to muhc of a fantastic job there lol
He would later become manager again in 2002-2006.

VanHooliganX
09-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Look thread. If I want to scroll down when editing you bloody well let m-fuck it...I'll just do this and quit whining.

Many teams have statues of people outside that once played or managed them in the better or golden years.
For example: Brian Clough is outside Derbys and United have the 3 Georges.

Luton Town however, have there greatest and biggest fan they ever had. Eric Morecombe (1 half of Morecombe and Wise, the greatest duo in comedy history)

Since we're on a wrestling forum. How about some interesting wrestling related stats lads!

Wade Barrett isn't from Manchester as billed. He is from Preston, which is just near Manchester I believe. (It's a bit like the billing of Mason Ryan from Cardiff because his hometown is unheard of) Wade is a lifelong Preston North End fan.
MVP. He supports Manchester United and has been to see them a few times (Unlike 90% of their fans *cough*) and doesn't brag about every little thing they've done. But he had an interesting bet over twitter with a friend. That if Barcalona won the champions league, his picture would be the Barcalona badge and if United won, his friend would put the United badge on his twitter. Obviously Barca won (Easily might I add) and he changed his picture. So MVP changed his picture. Unfortunatly the people on the internet are idiots and started calling him a glory supporter for changing his picture to Barcas.

Les Ferdinand got the 10,000th goal in premier league history.

Peter Crouch recently joined the club of scoring for 6 different clubs when he scored against United for Stoke City. He joins people like Craig Bellamy and Marcus Bent in this club. I say congrats to Mr. Crouch and he should make room for Tevez...VERY soon ;)

I'm sure we all know this stat: Glasgow Rangers are the most successful football team in the wo-WRONG!
Van you trickster! Everyone knows they've won like 50+ domestic leagues.
True, they're the most successful league team. But not overall. Al-Ahly of Egypt have won the Eqyptian league 36 times, Egyptian cup (our FA Cup) 35 times and won the African champions league more than anyone else. Along with other african and Egyptian cups. Which makes them the most successful club in the world to date, sorry Rangers. So next time someone calls you a glory fan of any kind. Say you don't support Al-Ahly :P

Speaking of Al-Ahly. They're recently most famous sadly, for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-psa7Utw4JM
Still won 4-0 but I bet even Torres could've scored th-Nevermind ;)

Fun fact: I recently said about the Blackpool/Bridlington nickname being the same.
Well! Crawley Town, Man Utd, Liverpool and nottingham Forest are all nicknamed the Red (or have the word red in there nickname)
Think thats bad?!
Birmingham City, Chester, Chelsea, Grays Athletic, Southend, Shrewsbury, Everton(also have the toffees as a nickname) and Ipswich Town are all nicknamed the Blues. Great originality there guys...

If MK Dons move down a league (Not looking likely) or if AFC Wimbledon get promoted. Old Wimbledon will face new Wimbledon.

42 teams have Hooligan firms. Also, before you ask. I am not a Guvnor (Man Citys firm) but I am a proud member. Of the Barmby Army ;D

Ronaldos real name is Ronaldo LuÃ*s Nazário de Lima (Why yes I did use Wikipedia ;D) Of course I am talking about the brazilian Ronaldo from the 90's and early 00's. Now I hear a few people crying Diving portugese Ronaldo is better. Really? Really? Don't make me turn into Miz and scream AWESOME!
European Football of the year aged 21 in 1997 and in 2002. Destroyed any defense put against him in world cup 1998 (which he didn't play in the final for) 1 of 2 men to win FIFA player of the year award 3 times along is Zidane. 97 appearences and 62 goals. Not Pele like. But better than 99.9% of everyone else in football. So tell me he isn't AWEEEEEESOOOOOOME! ...damn, I turned into Miz afterall lol

My mind has now gone blank and my hatred for diving Ronaldo has set in, this'll do. Hope these stats and stories are enjoyable :)

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Brilliant, some good stories and facts there, Mr. HooliganX!
Yeah, I'm the same, I can take advantage of the Liverpool fact, the free beer only takes away a little of the pain :(
I'll drop some more later

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:30 AM
The Scottish Cup tie between Falkirk and Inverness Thistle in 1979 was postponed no fewer than 29 times because of bad weather.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:31 AM
In 1990, the Football League banned Scarborough from wearing shirts advertising Black Death vodka on the grounds of bad taste.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Cash-strapped Portsmouth cancelled their weekly order of new jockstraps in 1999, a move which would save £112. Administrator Tom Burton ordered the club to wash them instead of buying new ones.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Bury players refused to do any more promotional work for the club in 1997 as a protest at the lack of nappy-changing facilities at Gigg Lane for their wives.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:33 AM
In an attempt to boost gates, Bristol City staged a chimps’ tea-party before the 1976 game with West Ham.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:34 AM
In 1993, HFS Loans League team Congleton were forced to call off a minute’s silence to mourn the death of the club’s oldest fan...when he walked into the ground.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Referee Henning Erikstrup was about to blow full-time with Norager leading Ebeltoft 4-3 in a Danish league match when his dentures suddenly fell out. While he scrambled around looking for them, Ebeltoft equalised. Despite vehement protests from Ebeltoft, Mr Erikstup disallowed the goal, replaced his false teeth and promptly blew the final whistle.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:35 AM
In the space of five minutes at Sunderland in November 1998, Barnsley striker Ashley Ward scored, missed a penalty and was sent off.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Leicester City went through an entire FA Cup tie with Northampton Town in 1997 without committing a single foul. Leicester won 4-0.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:37 AM
At the age of 52, Pedro Gatica cycled from his home in Argentina to Mexico for the 1986 World Cup, only to find on arrival that he couldn’t afford to get in. While he was trying to haggle for a ticket, thieves stole his bike.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Romanian midfielder Ion Radu was sold by Second Division Jiul Petrosani to Valcea in 1998 for 500kg of pork (Worth about £1750).

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Fans at Gillingham were subjected to celery searches in 1996. a craze had started for waving sticks of celery while chanting an obscene song. So anyone caught in possession of the vegetable was threatened with a life ban.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2011, 07:40 AM
That's it for today lads! Look forward to reading more of yours!

pauadrian
10-01-2011, 11:09 PM
That's it for today lads! Look forward to reading more of yours!

but your god at this

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 12:17 AM
I regret to inform you all but that is it. There aren't any more stories anymore in this spo-WROOONG!
Lets do this! (Great stats again pal)

Manchester City stories:
The season of 1957/58 for man city is a special 1. Because they became the first (and still the only) team to ever score AND concede over 100 goals in a season.
In 2006, City became the first Gay friendly employer sports team and no you cannot laugh, since most football teams followed City there footsteps which is a good thing :D
Manchester United. 19 first division championships, impressive? I guess. But what really counts is how you bounce back from relagation like West Brom used to do. So who has the most second division titles? Manchester City with 7 titles. Don't worry, if you think thats to many, we've been runners-up 4 times as well :D
If you have watched Aguero recently, you should notice he has Kun Aguero on the back of his shirt. Kun is his nickname given to him by his grandparents. Its origin is from a cartoon character called kum-kum from his favourite show as a child

Non-Citizen Football stories:
Qatar, the host of the 2022 world cup, have just 1 stadium. Thats right, 1 stadium, it holds 16k but it is an athletics based stadium and not an all seater stadium. Good choice FIFA :) It's not like USA has over 100 stadiums that can hold over 75k and Australia has a good handful themselves.
Leicester City can hold the stat that they're 1 of the most unluckiest teams never to win the FA Cup, they have made 4 finals and never won.
Stephen Fry was at the Man Utd - Norwich game yesterday
Forest Green Rovers are the luckiest side in the world. Whilst in the Conference they should of gone down nearly every single year for 6 years running but didn't? How did they survive? The FA kept changing how many went down every year.
When Hull City went up into the premier league they at 1 point were 3rd early on. Drawing Yorkshires best position in the league since Leeds United went down. However, in that same season their luck ran out half way through and went on a 19 game losing streak (thats half a premier league season) and survived on the last day. All they had to do was do better than Newcastle United (who faced Villa) whilst they faced Man Utd, at Old Trafford. Hull Lost which means Newcastle only needed to draw! Sadly, they lost 1-0...to an own goal. My diehard Toon fan cried lol

England FC. Always seem to be 1 of the favs to go all the way, but hold on before you bet for them lads, because its not all great news for us. Out of 19 world cups we have qualified for 13, we didn't enter the first 3 and have failed to qualify 3 times. For the Euro Champs, we have made 7/13. With only 1 tournament we didn't enter, the rest we failed to qualify.
Of these 20 tournaments we have only made the semis 4 times, with only 1 of these being a win in '66. We aren't exactly the behemoths we think we are on paper.
Having said this, excluding Brazil, we're the highest ranked team in the world the most number of times. At 4. We also hold the record for longest spot as number 1. So nyeh to Brazil! lol

The first proper international match was Scotland vs. England in 30th november 1872. Who won? All of us did, a great sport was finally up and running (incidentally, it was 0-0)

Blind Chelsea fans look away now. Its hatred-section for me meaning I bash or praise someone who deserves it. This post is Frank Lampard. You blame Gerrard for Lampard not being so good hmm? Explain this then.
Gerrard - played 89 - scored 19
Lampard - played 88 - scored 22
Then remember Lampard takes all our pens. So take 3/4 away from Lampard. I don't give me that rubbish of he's better than Barry, Milner or Scott Parker. These guys are assisters and don't go for a lot of shots. Goals do not make a midfielder.

I'll just post stories from now on if you guys don't want the Van-BS included :) Also sorry that these are more stats than stories, but I think interesting stats are just as good as some stories can be. Hope you enjoy.

pauadrian
10-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I regret to inform you all but that is it. There aren't any more stories anymore in this spo-WROOONG!
Lets do this! (Great stats again pal)

Manchester City stories:
The season of 1957/58 for man city is a special 1. Because they became the first (and still the only) team to ever score AND concede over 100 goals in a season.
In 2006, City became the first Gay friendly employer sports team and no you cannot laugh, since most football teams followed City there footsteps which is a good thing :D
Manchester United. 19 first division championships, impressive? I guess. But what really counts is how you bounce back from relagation like West Brom used to do. So who has the most second division titles? Manchester City with 7 titles. Don't worry, if you think thats to many, we've been runners-up 4 times as well :D
If you have watched Aguero recently, you should notice he has Kun Aguero on the back of his shirt. Kun is his nickname given to him by his grandparents. Its origin is from a cartoon character called kum-kum from his favourite show as a child

Non-Citizen Football stories:
Qatar, the host of the 2022 world cup, have just 1 stadium. Thats right, 1 stadium, it holds 16k but it is an athletics based stadium and not an all seater stadium. Good choice FIFA :) It's not like USA has over 100 stadiums that can hold over 75k and Australia has a good handful themselves.
Leicester City can hold the stat that they're 1 of the most unluckiest teams never to win the FA Cup, they have made 4 finals and never won.
Stephen Fry was at the Man Utd - Norwich game yesterday
Forest Green Rovers are the luckiest side in the world. Whilst in the Conference they should of gone down nearly every single year for 6 years running but didn't? How did they survive? The FA kept changing how many went down every year.
When Hull City went up into the premier league they at 1 point were 3rd early on. Drawing Yorkshires best position in the league since Leeds United went down. However, in that same season their luck ran out half way through and went on a 19 game losing streak (thats half a premier league season) and survived on the last day. All they had to do was do better than Newcastle United (who faced Villa) whilst they faced Man Utd, at Old Trafford. Hull Lost which means Newcastle only needed to draw! Sadly, they lost 1-0...to an own goal. My diehard Toon fan cried lol

England FC. Always seem to be 1 of the favs to go all the way, but hold on before you bet for them lads, because its not all great news for us. Out of 19 world cups we have qualified for 13, we didn't enter the first 3 and have failed to qualify 3 times. For the Euro Champs, we have made 7/13. With only 1 tournament we didn't enter, the rest we failed to qualify.
Of these 20 tournaments we have only made the semis 4 times, with only 1 of these being a win in '66. We aren't exactly the behemoths we think we are on paper.
Having said this, excluding Brazil, we're the highest ranked team in the world the most number of times. At 4. We also hold the record for longest spot as number 1. So nyeh to Brazil! lol

The first proper international match was Scotland vs. England in 30th november 1872. Who won? All of us did, a great sport was finally up and running (incidentally, it was 0-0)

Blind Chelsea fans look away now. Its hatred-section for me meaning I bash or praise someone who deserves it. This post is Frank Lampard. You blame Gerrard for Lampard not being so good hmm? Explain this then.
Gerrard - played 89 - scored 19
Lampard - played 88 - scored 22
Then remember Lampard takes all our pens. So take 3/4 away from Lampard. I don't give me that rubbish of he's better than Barry, Milner or Scott Parker. These guys are assisters and don't go for a lot of shots. Goals do not make a midfielder.

I'll just post stories from now on if you guys don't want the Van-BS included :) Also sorry that these are more stats than stories, but I think interesting stats are just as good as some stories can be. Hope you enjoy.

i like you

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 07:22 AM
i like you

Well thank you :)

A few more to throw in:
Mexicos last 5 world cup appearences:
1994: Round of 16: Lost to Bulgaria on pens
1998: Round of 16: Lost 2-1 to Germany
2002: Round of 16: Lost to USA 2-0
2006: Round of 16: Lost to Argentina 2-1 after extra time
2010: Round of 16: Lost to Argentina 3-1, although 1 goal should never of counted and the ref knew, and did fuck all about it. So basically 2-1.
C'mon Mexico! You can get further!

Since the Liverpool free beer thing is quite popular. I thought of 1 (unless someone thought ahead) that could get us another free beer!
List 3 teams that have won the Champions League that are British. I'm thinking of also adding 3 lifelines since that could turn out harder for a person who doesn't follow football but chances are they will say the ex-big 4 of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United. But only Liverpool and United are correct. The tricking 1s that you could have is Celtic (I did say British ;D) Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest. All is well. :)

Tommy Thunder
10-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Here's a ridiculous football story.
Owen Hargreaves slated the Manchester United medical team a week or so ago.
I could not believe my eyes when I read this. We paid his wages (all £80,000 of it) for the length of his contract, only for him to play half a season's worth of games. We supported him, and gave him everything during that time, and then he comes out with this?!
I was happy when City picked him up, but after he said those things, I was pissed, and my respect for him went down.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Nice one again Mr. HooliganX. I like the stats just as much, being a bit of a 'Statto' myself! Good stuff, I'll have more for you all again later!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Here's a ridiculous football story.
Owen Hargreaves slated the Manchester United medical team a week or so ago.
I could not believe my eyes when I read this. We paid his wages (all £80,000 of it) for the length of his contract, only for him to play half a season's worth of games. We supported him, and gave him everything during that time, and then he comes out with this?!
I was happy when City picked him up, but after he said those things, I was pissed, and my respect for him went down.

That's gratitude for ya!! Some players really do take the piss!

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 07:55 AM
That's gratitude for ya!! Some players really do take the piss!

*Cough*CarlosFuckYouManciniIAintPlayingTonightCaus eOneOfTheMunichPlayersCalledMeSmellyTevez*cough* lol
Glad you like me stats pal.

Last season, Crawley Town did pretty well in the FA Cup. Before running into the other Red Devils. By this point, The Sun start sponsporing them. Little known fact is that if The Sun sponsor you, you lose you next FA Cup match. Happened to them, happened to Scarborough and I believe Havant and Waterlooville had this curse too.
Swansea City this year became the 1st non-English team (out of the 3 welsh teams playing in england) to join the premier league. They're also the 45th team to be apart of the Premier League. Makes you wonder who will be the 50th.
New Wembley cost £900 million to create.
Tottenham Hotspur are the only non-league club ever to win the FA Cup. Obviously they got promoted but at the time they weren't.
As I write this. Chelsea are beating Bolton 2-0 after 20 minutes. Oh Bolton, you silly gooses. Its not been a good start excluding your 1st game.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 08:06 AM
It's now 4-0 after 27 mins!!
I didn't know that about Spurs!!
Being a Liverpool fan, I can't even type that 3 letter word beginning with S!!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 08:07 AM
but your god at this

Cheers for that mate! :)

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Birmingham Citys biggest rivals is Aston Villa and vice versa.

Last season, Birmingham did the impossible and beat Arsenal in the League Cup. Sadly, this would semi be there downfall in the league as they would end up having bad performances in the 2nd half of the season and end up getting relagated. Alex McLeish was there manager.
Whats happened since? Well Birmingham City are now retrying again to get their Premier League position and Alex McLeish? Well, he did well for himself. He is now Aston Villa manager.
Can you imagine if Fergie became Man City manager or Arsene Wenger became Spurs manager? A bit like that but its happened. Good luck with that loyal manager Villa.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 08:28 AM
Birmingham Citys biggest rivals is Aston Villa and vice versa.

Last season, Birmingham did the impossible and beat Arsenal in the League Cup. Sadly, this would semi be there downfall in the league as they would end up having bad performances in the 2nd half of the season and end up getting relagated. Alex McLeish was there manager.
Whats happened since? Well Birmingham City are now retrying again to get their Premier League position and Alex McLeish? Well, he did well for himself. He is now Aston Villa manager.
Can you imagine if Fergie became Man City manager or Arsene Wenger became Spurs manager? A bit like that but its happened. Good luck with that loyal manager Villa.

The funniest thing about this, was all the Villa fans! I know tons of Villa fans and when McLeish's name was first linked to Villa they were all shooting it down! I even had one mate who went to Villa to protest and he even joined a Facebook page, petitioning to keep him out of Villa!! After their most recent win he was on Facebook again, saying how great McLeish is and how they should all get behind him after O'Neil nearly destroyed them before last season!!! I love people sticking to their principles! :p

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 08:59 AM
The funniest thing about this, was all the Villa fans! I know tons of Villa fans and when McLeish's name was first linked to Villa they were all shooting it down! I even had one mate who went to Villa to protest and he even joined a Facebook page, petitioning to keep him out of Villa!! After their most recent win he was on Facebook again, saying how great McLeish is and how they should all get behind him after O'Neil nearly destroyed them before last season!!! I love people sticking to their principles! :p

Wow. Pretty bad.
I go on Citys FB page sometimes to read whats being said. (Also, fun fact guys, Man City has over 1 million FB fans...who fucking knew! Thats more than England FCs FB page! To be fair we have a lot of international support but christ, how many have bought a shirt or merchandise to support the club!)
A lot of people post how they're behind Tevez now because Mancini sucks and its his fault we lost to Bayern Munich.
Why? Because its to go against the majority. Although I can say he was a factor in losing the Munich match and can say this with a straight face:

A DUUUUUUH!!! Its fucking Bayern Munich! Vets of this tournament! Best german team. Someone has to lose a match, it does happen in football.
It really annoys me when people take a couple of losses and say its over. Does that mean Newcastle United are going to be title contenders this year because they haven't lost yet? [/rant]

Wembley holds concerts as well, such as Live Earth or Green Day concerts. MUSE became the first to sell it out with 115k (15k were standing)
The Birds Nest, (Beijings olympic stadium) sometimes hosts football matches now and is the national stadium for China FC.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Some fans support their team with great gusto, others take it a step too far. One such man, who showed dedication beyond the normal fan, was a Mr O’Sullivan who was a staunch Liverpool supporter. When Liverpool won the FA Cup in 1965, Mr O’Sullivan decided to christen his newly born daughter with the names of all the Liverpool players. The poor girl was christened: Paula, St John, Lawrence, Lawler, Byrne, Strong, Yates, Stevenson, Callaghan, Hunt, Milne, Smith, Thompson,*Shankley, Bennett, Paisley, O’Sullivan. Rumors that she grew up to be a Everton fan are as yet unconfirmed!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 09:42 AM
In days gone by, it was not unknown for football matches to be played on Christmas day. The players in those days were probably not too happy about having to ‘work’ on such a holiday - all apart from Tommy Lawton and Len Shackleton! On Christmas day, 1940, both Lawton and Shackleton managed to cram in two games of football before the turkey was stuffed. Shackleton appeared for Bradford Park Avenue in the morning, before playing for Bradford City in the afternoon. Lawton played for Everton against Liverpool in the morning, before turning out for Tranmere in the afternoon.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 09:43 AM
They say that one man does not maketh a team. Try telling that to the money-makers of Stoke. Stanley Matthews had played for Blackpool for 15 years before re-signing to previous club Stoke for a fee of £2,800 (a lot of money back then!). Stoke made that money back, and some, from Matthew’s first game back whn a total of 35,975 fans passed through the turnstiles to see the return of their hero. In the previous home game, Stoke had a crowd of only 8,000. Just from having Matthews in the team, an extra 27, 565 fans paid money.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
What defines a dirty game? Number of players booked may be a good indication. Things may have got a bit out of hand though in November 1969 when Tongham Youth Club lined up to play Hawley. All 22 players were booked by the referee, but the madness didn’t stop there. One of the linesmen was also shown the yellow card!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 09:46 AM
In years gone by, FA Cup ties were played over two legs. Such was the case in season 1945-46 when Barnsley had to play Newcastle at home after losing 4-2 away from home. The match ws scheduled as a mid-week fixture, which usually meant low crowds. Because it was such a big match for Barnsley, local employers anticipated a lot of people might ‘call in sick’. With that in mind, local collieries posted notices informing employees: "In order that the management may have knowledge of numbers to be absent on Wednesday afternoon, will thoe whose relatives are to be buried on the day please apply by Tuesday for permission to attend." It was a clever attempt to try and get round the problem - too clever by far, as it appeared that there was going to be somewhere in the region of 27,000 funerals that day! The game itself was certainly not a ‘funeral’ as Barnsley overturned the deficit with a 3-0 victory - happiest ‘funeral’ any of those people ever attended.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 10:12 AM
At the 1982 World Cup. Kuwait, trailing 3-1 to Michel Platini’s France, conceded a fourth goal late on to Alain Giresse, but were convinced they had heard a referee’s whistle in the build up, causing several of their players to stop.
Ignoring the age-old cries of “Playing to the whistle”, Sheikh Fahid Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, at the time the President of the Kuwait FA, emerged almost god-like from the stands, marched onto the field of play, and began to remonstrate with the referee. He then urged his team to leave the field, unless the goal was chalked off. Incredibly, and probably sensibly, the referee relented, and the goal was ruled out. France did go on to add a fourth anyway, and the referee would lose his International status in the aftermath.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Zaire were a surprise qualifier for the 1974 World Cup in West Germany, the first black African nation to qualify for a World Cup finals, and there was enormous pressure on their shoulders, with the country’s leader, Mobutu Sese Seko informing the players- via his armed guards- that should they lose by four goals or more to holders Brazil in their final group match, there would be dire consequences.
Perhaps understandable then, the way Zairian defender Mwepu Ilunga carried on when faced with a free kick 25 yards from his goal. As the Brazilians, including Jairzinho, lined up to send the ball goalwards, Mwepu burst from the defensive wall, and simply lamped the ball upfield. The Brazilians were gobsmacked, the commentator was almost laughing, the referee issued a yellow card.
Mwepu had the last laugh though, his side only lost by three goals, and the team were allowed to return home. Not so much with their heads held high, but at least they still had them.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 10:16 AM
It’s a dream job for a young lad, to be ball boy for his local side. Free tickets to the games? Check. Rubbing shoulders with the stars? Check. Scoring a last minute equaliser? What?

But that is exactly what happened in Brazil in September 2006, in a game between Atletico Sorocaba & Santacruzense. With Sorocaba leading by a single goal in the dying minutes, they were mightily relieved to see Santacruzense striker Samuel’s shot zip wide of the post. However, when a cheeky ball boy decided to bring the ball onto the pitch, and sidefoot it impishly into the goal, the referee- Silvia Regina de Oliveira (the first female to referee in the Brazilian National Championship)- had turned her back, and when she saw the ball nestling in the back of the net, simply assumed that the shot that everyone- including her- had seen go wide, had….erm….actually gone in. The game finished 1-1, and the Brazilian FA were forced to uphold the result, but the referee and her linesman (who was really to blame of course) were suspended. Not unreasonably…

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 10:17 AM
That's your lot for today guys, more for tomorrow!!

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm going to post stats from my world cup book are in for 1 full post:
A few are pretty interesting, Enjoy.

Brazil have always qualified for the world cup. They have always made it to the Round of 16 as well.
Its true Brazil are the most successful. But Germany have more top 3 and semi final appearences than them. But Germany also have the most loses in the final. England have the record for 5th-8th I believe and Mexico have the most round of 16 finishes, but I don't know the years of there earlier round of 16s.
Italy have the longest gap between winning the world cup at 44 years. England and Uruguay do have the ability to beat this record if they do win. Argentina are soon able as well.
South Africa are the only hosts never to qualify from the groups, whilst 6 hosts have gone on to win it all.
The worth finishing world cup winner, was Uruguay. They didn't qualify, imagine if Brazil or Spain did that these days.
Croatia hold the best debut to a world cup, they got to the semis in 1998
Scotland hold the record for most appearences in a world cup, but never advancing at 8 times
Should Germany qualify for the next world cup, there first match will be there 100th world cup match (Includes east and west germany) which is a record but a catch 22 because they have conceded the most goals
Italy having the longest record of never letting a goal in, which lasted over 500 minutes
Luxemborg have tried to qualify for the world cup 18 times, and failed every time
Germany have the best record in penalties with a 4-0 record. England have the worst record with 0-3 record (Yes, we beat Spain in a PKO but that was in euroe champs)

All i've got for now, eyes are pretty tired too. Hope you liked. I'll think of some more instead of stealing from a book lol

pauadrian
10-02-2011, 02:50 PM

A few more to throw in:
2010: Round of 16: Lost to Argentina 3-1, although 1 goal should never of counted and the ref knew, and did fuck all about it. So basically 2-1.

Since the Liverpool free beer thing is quite popular. I thought of 1 (unless someone thought ahead) that could get us another free beer!
List 3 teams that have won the Champions League that are British. I'm thinking of also adding 3 lifelines since that could turn out harder for a person who doesn't follow football but chances are they will say the ex-big 4 of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United. But only Liverpool and United are correct. The tricking 1s that you could have is Celtic (I did say British ;D) Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest. All is well. :)

yes i know we got screwed in the game against argentina in both 2006 and 2010 world cups
2006 our own manager got the players drunk (the manager was argentinian)
and this year the stupid refs screwed us

i think we get screwed evry year
thats what happens in the libertadores

Subject Zero
10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
This is a hilarious fact.

Arsenal use to be a decent football team. The Man City came along brought half of Arsenals team and became the new Arsenal.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Arsenal use to be a decent football team. The Man City came along brought half of Arsenals team and became the new Arsenal.

Yup, this is the funniest fact in a long long time!! :D

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 09:23 PM

At least you realise that Clichy and Nasri is half of your whole decent team :)

Also, we aren't the new Arsenal, we won our final last year without this years signings. I'd like to think we're the new Chelsea. Soon to be the new United once Sausage face retires.

VanHooliganX
10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
As of writing. Xbox 360 avatars can now have certain shirts from certain clubs in Europe.
Only 2 english teams are available currently though. Those being Liverpool (who get the full kit) and Manchester City.

You can however get every 08/09 premier league badge as a gamer pic.
The most 3 used football badges (according to 360voice)
is:
1st - Aston Villa
2nd - Wigan Athletic
3rd - Manchester United

pauadrian
10-02-2011, 11:36 PM
As of writing. Xbox 360 avatars can now have certain shirts from certain clubs in Europe.
Only 2 english teams are available currently though. Those being Liverpool (who get the full kit) and Manchester City.

is:
1st - Aston Villa
2nd - Wigan Athletic
3rd - Manchester United

you know that cus you have one

wait wtf i do too

VanHooliganX
10-03-2011, 02:00 AM
you know that cus you have one

wait wtf i do too

Yup. Thought i'd share it though. I would be wearing it as well but Brewers are finishing there season currently.

CGBigMan
10-03-2011, 03:37 AM

A few more to throw in:

Techinically the then European cup and the Champions Legue are different things
Lol im just biased to the fact Celtic have won it

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Freak weather can often hit football hard. December & January often sees mountains of fixtures postponed due to frozen or waterlogged pitches. But those elements pale into insignificance when compared to this. They say lightning never strikes twice, well once is more than enough thank you.

Its 1998, and a game in South Africa between Moroko Swallows & Jomo Cosmos. Suddenly, a blast of lightning strikes the pitch, sending players and supporters from both sides scattering. Two Swallows players were kept in hospital with their injuries, whilst the game was understandably abandoned.

They were lucky, later in the same year a match in the Democratic Republic of Congo between Bena Tshadi & Basanga in the Eastern Province of Kasai ended in tragedy when a lightning strike killed eleven players, leaving thirty others seriously injured. Football really does not seem so important when compared to life and death.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
They really don’t make football like they did in the 1970s, do they? Could you picture this scene in today’s game?

It involves a game between Arsenal & Liverpool from September 1972. In it, the linesman, Dennis Drewitt (they don’t make names like they did in the 70s either), pulled a calf muscle and was unable to continue. Rather than abandon the game, and in the days before fourth officials and so-forth, the matchday announcer at Highbury simply asked over the tannoy whether there was a qualified referee in the crowd.

Step forward prominent-chinned TV pundit Jimmy Hill, watching from the stands as a spectator. Ditching his civvies for an ill-fitting tracksuit, Hill proceeded to run the line to howls of laughter (and probably abuse too), as the game finished in a 0-0 draw. Hard to imagine Alan Hansen or Andy Gray doing something similar, isn’t it?

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Celebrities and football have had an undeniable link since the halcyon days of the late 1960s when George Best opened the floodgates. Who can forget Raquel Welch’s cringeworthy appearance at Stamford Bridge? Or Ian Botham’s less-than-glorious run outs for Scunthorpe? But for sheer hide-behind-the-pillow cringeworthy-ness, there can only be one winner. Step forward, Miss Diana Ross.

The 1994 World Cup, being held in the USA, was always going to be viewed with suspicion. The MLS was still two years away from formation, and there was global doubt as to whether America really “got” football. But they were determined to put on a show, and as part of their outlandishly glitzy opening ceremony, had drafted in the Supremes singer to glam up proceedings even more. All she had to do was mime through a few songs, look happy, and bury a close range penalty past a paid-off keeper to trigger the ticker-tape parade. Unfortunately, Ross had not kicked a ball in anger since the Tamala Motown 5 a side bonanza of 1965, and shanked her shot horribly wide of the target. Not to worry, the goal still snapped in two, releasing a thousand white balloons and enough glitter to outshine even Girls Aloud at an awards do. We salute you America.

Tomsta666
10-03-2011, 09:40 AM

is:
1st - Aston Villa
2nd - Wigan Athletic
3rd - Manchester United

Can you?? Where? Link me, show me!!
That means that i'll be able to get a BORO badge then?
sadface... that's the season we got relegated :(

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
It is not uncommon, after a series of dubious refereeing decisions, for fans across the world to ask the following question- “is the ref pissed?” But who would have believed that one day the answer to that particular poser would be- “Actually, yes he is. He is hammered!”

To set the scene, it is a Belarusian Premier Division match between Vitebsk & Naftan. The official in question is Sergei Shmolik, the referee who officiated England’s 6-0 win over Luxembourg at Wembley back in 1999 and one who was voted as Belarus’ finest in 2007. A decent pedigree. But there was nothing decent about his behaviour here. According to reports, the referee spent much of the game staggering around the centre circle, failing to keep up with play, and refusing to issue any cards whatsoever, despite some tasty tackles.

At the end of the game, Shmolik was helped off the pitch by another official like a drunken uncle at a family wedding, waving to the crowd as he left. He was taken to hospital for tests, which revealed that he had huge levels of alcohol in his system. The Belarus FA acted quickly, suspending Shmolik, who claimed that his strange performance was due in part to “a bad back” rather than “a bad pint”

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Dogs and football rarely mix. Just ask Chic Brodie, the former Brentford keeper who suffered a career-ending injury after being attacked by an uninvited four legged guest. How many childhood games were ruined for you by the arrival of an over-eager, and less-than-friendly canine pitch invader?

But this particular dog/football story has a more comedic element to it. It takes place in the 1962 during the World Cup in Chile, as Jimmy Greaves’ England take on the holders Brazil. On rushes a small black dog, chasing after the ball with more energy than some of the England players could muster. Several players try to apprehend the dog, but none are as clever about it as Greaves, who gets down on all fours to beckon the dog towards him. It works as well, but there is always a twist with this kind of story, and so it comes as the terrified pooch proceeds to urinate all over Greavesie’s pristine white England jersey. A truly classic World Cup moment, one that legendary Brazil star Garrincha enjoyed so much, he took him home as a pet (the dog, not Greaves).

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:45 AM
As a Saturday league connoisseur, I am used to turning up at some ramshackle ground in the middle of nowhere at ten to three, only to find that either the game is off, the other team hasn’t turned up, or that the venue has changed. Sometimes all three.

But when the game in question is a World Cup qualifier, questions have to be asked. Scotland were due to play Estonia in Tallinn at 6.45pm on 9 October 1996. But Scots manager Craig Brown was concerned about the quality of Kadriorg Stadium’s floodlights, and FIFA shared those concerns. The game was switched to a 3 o’clock kick off, at 9 o’clock the same morning. Estonia protested that they were not given sufficient notice, or preparation for the game, and simply didn’t turn up.

In some of the most farcical scenes ever seen, Scotland’s players- including full debutants Billy Dodds & Jackie McNamara- were made to line up, stand on ceremony through both national anthems, and then kick off the game. Three seconds later, the referee blew his whistle and Scotland were on their way with a default 3-0 victory.

Or so they thought. FIFA later ordered the game to be replayed at a neutral venue and, typically for the Scots, they were held to a frustrating goalless draw in Monaco’s Stade Louis II stadium a couple of months later.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Those early World Cup finals really were a bit special weren’t they? What with girders and politics and the entire competition being hosted within one city. But nothing my friends, can beat this for downright farce.

Montevideo. The semi finals of the first ever World Cup. Argentina v the USA. July 1930. The Americans were growing increasingly displeased with what they perceived to be “rough-house tactics” from the Argentinean’s. So much so in fact that after one particularly heavy foul, the US trainer leapt from the bench and raced onto the field of play to remonstrate with the referee. In his anger, the sandwich-short-of-a-picnic fella threw his medical bag to the floor, cracking open a bottle of chloroform, and knocking himself spark out.

Galvanised by this incredible setback, the Americans proceeded to play with style, grace, panache and poise, losing 6-1.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:49 AM
When you need a win in the Maracana stadium to have any chance of qualifying for the World Cup, you know you are in trouble. And when you are down by a goal to nil with just twenty minutes remaining, desperation starts to kick in.

That was the situation facing Chile as they trailed Brazil in Rio back in September 1989. Fortunately their goalkeeper, Roberto Rojas, had a Baldrick-esque “cunning plan” up his sleeve. Literally.
Producing a razor blade he had stashed in his gloves pre-match, Rojas cut himself on the forehead, and fell to the floor with blood streaming from the wound. Nearby, a flare thrown from the stands was smouldering. Rojas’ concerned team-mates carried him from the field, and refused to go back out to play, citing “unsafe conditions”.

However, what Rojas had reckoned without was…..the fact that there were a million cameras inside the Maracana that night, and as luck would have it, a good few of them had seen the firework land nowhere near him, whilst a fair few had seen him cut his own bonce. Brazil were awarded a 2-0 win, and Chile were not only eliminated from the 1990 World Cup, but banned from the 1994 tournament as well. Rojas was banned for life by FIFA- although the ban was lifted in 2001 under appeal….when he was 44.

Some good did come of it all however, the fan who threw the flare- Rosemary de Mello- went on to pose for Playboy, and appeared in several adverts on Brazilian TV. Reality TV was born.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-03-2011, 09:51 AM
That's it for today folks, back tomorrow!!

VanHooliganX
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Can you?? Where? Link me, show me!!
That means that i'll be able to get a BORO badge then?
sadface... that's the season we got relegated :(

I don't know on the marketplace were. I have a friend who had Wigans so i'll message him.

pauadrian
10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
I don't know on the marketplace were. I have a friend who had Wigans so i'll message him.

wigan is not there anymore

VanHooliganX
10-04-2011, 12:13 AM
wigan is not there anymore

SuperDrew1 still has his :)
But probably taken down now. Xbox get rid of everything that barely sells. Such as Games on demand, avatar items and other stuff.

Stories:
Speaking of Wigan. They're usually 1 of the favs to go down. But they still have never been relegated, sometimes they do just enough to stay up but they're great escape artists.
Arsenal and QPR currently hold the biggest loses of this season. At 8-2 and 6-0. Whilst Newcastle have the most 0-0 at 2 currently. Against Arsenal and QPR.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
There are few things more nerve wracking in football than the penalty shootout. Standing in the way of Jan Molby when the tannoy announces half price burgers perhaps? But for sheer edge of your seat tension, the old shootout has to be the king.

Step forward then, Peter Devine. Not the most household of names, but for anyone familiar with Nick Hancock’s “Football Nightmares” series, the name will instantly resonate.

The setting is an FA Trophy match between Lancaster City & Whitley Bay, the scores are level at 4-4, with all eight previous penalty takers having scored emphatically. Up steps our hero, places the ball on the spot with poise and focus, takes a few steps back, begins his run up and……stumbles ridiculously towards the ball, stroking it a couple of yards forward, before doing the only dignified thing. Pretending he was injured. Note the sympathy from the keeper, who must have had to stick both gloves in his mouth to drown out the laughter. Lancaster lost by the way, and it was Devine’s fault.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Jamie Redknapp’s England career never really reached the heights it was supposed to did it? I mean yeah he did score that stunning goal against Belgium, but really he didn’t actually do that much in an England shirt. But he was involved in one of the most ridiculous footballing moments of all time, although in a way I’m pretty sure he wishes he wasn’t.

It is 1995, and an international friendly at Wembley between England & Colombia. The game is a pretty drab affair; the commentators are in danger of dozing off as Terry Venables’ side attempts to mould into their new fangled “Christmas Tree” formation. Alan Shearer is going through a dry spell in front of goal, Paul Ince is shaking his fist but not really getting much done, and David Seaman is contemplating growing a ponytail at the other end.
But then, the ball is pulled back to Redknapp 25 yards out. Here comes trouble, you think. But Redknapp’s effort is mistimed, the ball loops harmlessly towards the flamboyant (a.k.a. mental) Colombian keeper Rene Higuita. Easy catch, you think. Not with this guy. Higuita produces the now infamous “Scorpion Kick”, jumping forwards, but kicking his legs behind him to fire the ball out of the danger area, to the delight and bemusement of all concerned. Except Redknapp, who never fully recovered from the humiliation of seeing someone do that to one of his “shots”.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Look up the phrase “fiery Italian”, and chances are you will come across a picture of Paolo Di Canio. In Italian football, Di Canio fell out with coaches- Fabio Capello amongst them- team-mates, referees, presidents, the lot. In Scottish football he played well, but demanded a move after a couple of seasons.

But perhaps his most infamous moment came in September 1998, when playing for Sheffield Wednesday against Arsenal. Di Canio became embroiled in a scuffle with Gunners defender Martin Keown, aiming a kick as players from both sides got involved. The referee, Paul Alcock, saw this and beckoned the Italian over to him, before issuing (justifiably) the red card.

At this point, a fired up Di Canio pushed Alcock with both hands in the chest. Out of order of course, but the manner in which the referee stumbled theatrically to the ground following the push was not only bizarre, but utterly hilarious.

Di Canio was banned by the FA for eleven games, and would never play for Sheffield Wednesday again. Never one to shirk a challenge, he was picked up by Harry Redknapp at West Ham, where he went on to gain cult status. All’s well that ends well I suppose.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Told you there was something special about 1970s football. OK, so the haircuts were awful, the shorts were short, and the pitches were….well, farmer’s fields.

But this game from April 1977, between Derby & Manchester City at the old Baseball Ground, takes the biscuit when it comes to footballing absurdity surely. In it, Derby are awarded a penalty for a foul on Archie Gemmill, but with the grass all gone from most of the pitch, there ensues a debate over where exactly the penalty should be taken from. City goalkeeper Joe Corrigan attempts to help the referee out by pacing out twelve yards. And receives a yellow card for his cheek!

In the end, the only sensible solution is called for. A man, County groundsman Bob Smith, with a tape measure and a bucket of white paint emerges from the stands, measures out 12 yards immaculately (whilst players and fans of both sides sit around patiently), before painting himself a nice white spot on the sandy Derby pitch. Once complete, the penalty is buried by Gerry Daly past a half-asleep Corrigan. Good times.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM
These days, fighting on the pitch is hardly the most shocking thing about football. But back in 1975, the thought of two players, England internationals no less, coming to blows in front of the TV cameras was unthinkable.

Francis Lee & Norman Hunter were room-mates at the 1970 World Cup, two seasoned professionals with just about every major honour to their names. But on 1 November 1975, in a game between Lee’s Derby County & Hunter’s Leeds United, the two stamped their names into the history books in indelible ink for all the wrong reasons.

First, a bit of background. Francis Lee had throughout his career earned a reputation as a bit of….how can I put this…..diver. So much so in fact that some football writers had dubbed him “Lee Won Pen”, for his fondness of hitting the deck in the penalty area. Norman Hunter on the other hand was a different breed; “Bite Yer Legs” rarely went to ground, unless it was to….er…bite yer legs.

So when Lee drew a soft penalty out of a nothing Hunter challenge in this game, Big Norm was busting for revenge. And he took it in the most cynical of fashions, a sharp punch whilst Lee’s, and the referee’s, back was turned left the Derby striker with a split lip and some seriously damaged pride. Players from both sides- the likes of Kevin Hector, Billy Bremner & Peter Lorimer- waded in, and the referee was left with no option but to send the pair off. Drama over.

Not quite. As the pair left the field side-by-side, Lee lost his patience with Hunter’s goading, swinging wildly and repeatedly from the ankle with such venom that he floored the much taller Leeds man. In the end it took Derby boss Dave Mackay to intervene and lead his man from the field, with John Motson bemoaning that “a side to football we really do not want to see has unfortunately reared its ugly head”. Not so sure about that John. Personally, I love watching it.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:45 PM
It is every football fan’s dream. To walk out in a big European stadium, on a big European night, side by side with some of the best players in the world.

For Karl Power, that was exactly what happened on the night of 18 April 2001. Power, an unemployed labourer from Greater Manchester, somehow managed to evade security at Bayern Munich’s Olympic Stadium to walk out with the Manchester Utd team, before cheekily posing alongside the likes of Dwight Yorke, Ryan Giggs & Fabian Barthez for the official team picture.

Eagle-eyed Gary Neville did actually spot the imposter, and pointed him out to the rest of the team. But Power, a big Eric Cantona fan, apparently replied “shut it, I’m doing this for Eric” Bravo, sneaking onto the pitch, and telling Gary Neville to shut it. Superb stuff.

Power also hit headlines when he emerged onto the field at Lords during an England test match, and played tennis at Wimbledon- beating Greg Rusedski with great ease. Boom boom.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:48 PM
20 red cards were shown during a 1993 game between Sportivo Ameliano and General Caballero in Paraguay.

ASEC Abidjan of Cote D'Ivoire went unbeaten for 108 games between 1989 and 1994.

Carlos Caszely of Chile was the first player red carded in a World Cup tournament on June 14, 1974.

European Teams have reached the final of every World Cup except in 1930 and 1950.

Goalkeeper Arthur Wharton was the first black professional soccer player. He was born in Ghana (then Gold Coast) and played for English League team Rotherham United in 1889.

In 1950 India withdrew form the World Cup because FIFA refused to let their team play barefoot.

In 1954 Turkey knocked out Spain from during a World Cup qualifier by drawing straws. Blindfolded Italian boy Luigi Franco Gemma picked the straws to decide the winner.

In 1957 with only 30 minutes remaining, Charlton Athletic game back from a 5-1 deficit to defeat Huddersfield Town 7-6.

In 1968, Penarol of Urugauy conceded only five goals in 18 games on the way to an unbeaten season.

In 1996 George Weah paid for his teammates uniforms and expenses so that Liberia could enter the African Nations Cup.

In 1997 Nigerian international Celestine Babayaro broke his leg while celebrating a goal in his Chelsea debut during a preseason game.

In 1998 English referee Martin Sylvester sent himself off after punching a player during a game in the Andover and District Sunday League.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:49 PM
In the 1938 World Cup semifinal, Guiseppe Meazza of Italy's shorts fell down as he was taking a penalty shot. He held his shorts up and calmly scored past Brazil's Valter.

In the 1970s legendary coaches Jock Stein and Brian Clough both had 44 day stints at Leeds United.

Jean Langenus of Belgium wore a suit jacket, golfing plus fours and a red striped tie when he refereed the 1930 World Cup final.

Luigi Riva once broke the arm of a spectator with one of his powerful shots.

Madagascan team Stade Olympique L'Emryne scored 149 own goals against champions AS Adema in 2002. They repeatedly scored own goals in protest of a refereeing decision in their previous game.

Michael Laudrup appeared for Real Madrid in a 5-0 win over Barcelona and also Barcelona when they beat Real Madrid 5-0.

Non flying Dutchman Dennis Bergkamp's fear of flying caused him to miss many international and European games for Arsenal.

Sir Alex Ferguson was fired by St. Mirren in 1978 for swearing at a lady.

Sir Stanley Matthews never received a booking in his 33 year long career.

Under Herbert Chapman, The Arsenal changed their name to simply Arsenal in order to appear at the top of the alphabetical list of old Division One clubs.

The first televised game was an Arsenal practice match at the Highbury ground in 1937.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
That'a all folks!!

Tomsta666
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Told you there was something special about 1970s football. OK, so the haircuts were awful, the shorts were short, and the pitches were….well, farmer’s fields.

But this game from April 1977, between Derby & Manchester City at the old Baseball Ground, takes the biscuit when it comes to footballing absurdity surely. In it, Derby are awarded a penalty for a foul on Archie Gemmill, but with the grass all gone from most of the pitch, there ensues a debate over where exactly the penalty should be taken from. City goalkeeper Joe Corrigan attempts to help the referee out by pacing out twelve yards. And receives a yellow card for his cheek!

In the end, the only sensible solution is called for. A man, County groundsman Bob Smith, with a tape measure and a bucket of white paint emerges from the stands, measures out 12 yards immaculately (whilst players and fans of both sides sit around patiently), before painting himself a nice white spot on the sandy Derby pitch. Once complete, the penalty is buried by Gerry Daly past a half-asleep Corrigan. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFwl11WUAg

lollocopters!!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFwl11WUAg

lollocopters!!

Ha! Nice one!!

Destruction
08-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Bloody hell Wade. You know quite a bit of random trivia, don't you?

magglis
08-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Bloody hell Wade. You know quite a bit of random trivia, don't you?
Why you are digging these threads from the graveyard

Destruction
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Why you are digging these threads from the graveyard

Hey! Don't insult my thread resurrectioness!

I got bored. I have nothing to do, until I go back to school in 3 weeks

magglis
08-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey! Don't insult my thread resurrectioness!

I got bored. I have nothing to do, until I go back to school in 3 weeks
Yeah i forgot that you are a minor

Karsten Langenfeld
11-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Ok, i remember a short but rather funny story. When i was a little boy, i used to play football too, and naturally, asked my dad to come watch me now and then. And so he did. And it was on one of those days that our favorite team, Borussia Dortmund, played in the Bundesliga against local rival Arminia Bielefeld.
We basically played nearly the exact same time they did. Around halftime, we were in the lead by 1:0, i went to my dad and asked him how Dortmund was doing, and he told me that they were behind 0:1. So i thought 'at least we didnt miss a good game'. While i played the second half we kind of lost our drive and caught 3 goals, and to my great surprise i saw my dad dancing around the side of the field like a madman basically the whole second half. I got really pissed at him and after the game was done i stormed to him and demanded an explanation why he was so happy that we lost 3:1. He said: ' Oh...you lost? sorry, didnt notice, we had the radio here listening to Dortmund vs Bielefeld.' So i got curious and asked for the result and nearly passed out when he told me they won....11:1.

Pumpkinhead
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
One time when I played football as a kid I tackled some guy and I got a red card at minute 1