PDA

View Full Version : Another CM Punk Thread, With An Austin Twist!

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-27-2011, 03:10 AM
For months people have been looking at me like a raving lunatic. Like a dishoveled madman bent on World domination. In fact, all I was ravng about was the fact that at WrestleMania XXVIII, we will see:

CM PUNK VS. "STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN"

I've been told by many that it'll never happen, that they couldn't do anything about this, that, it'll be a waste of time, blah, blah, blah. Well, more and more it seems like it's going down. There's so many news outlets interviewing SCSA and Punk and both of them are plugging the hell out of each other. Recently Austin stated (yet again.) that "If there's one man that can get a match out of this old carcass, it's him" He's been saying variations of that since he appeared on RAW that one time.

It appears to be coming true. My question is, how many would want to see it and would you pay for WMXVIII just for Cena VS. The Rock and CM Punk VS. Austin as a duel main event? At that point, who cares about the rest of the card IMO lol.

What about you?

The Brown One
09-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Damn you Rob! Another thread about Punk! I'm a Punk mark just as much as the next guy, but we get dozens of these a week. Nevertheless, since I've got a moment to spare, lets chat.
The coming Wrestlemania already looks to be better than this years one. And I don't just mean the great main events:
*There is a decent change that there will be a tagteam match involving the KOW
*Dolph Ziggler and the other mid-carders having matches that could steal the show, like Cody and Rey did at this year's Wrestlemania
*We will likely see a good Divas match this year*shivers thinking about a Divas match thats actually good* involving Natty and Beth. No Kharma due to pregnancy
*The Rock vs John Cena (this will be the entertainment part of the main events and the biggest reason people will buy Wrestlemania
*The Undertaker's final match (this will be a history making match, and will be a great match too)
*CM Punk vs Chris Jericho. Sorry Rob, but I just can't see Stone Cold returning for a match at the grandest stage of them all. But theres a couple of months till WM, so we never know :D
But I have a feeling Jerichos return will be within a few months of Wrestlemania, since theres been rumors of Jericho pushing for a match with Punk at next year's WM..hence why hes posting negative messages about Punk on Twitter. I honestly hope its Jericho, because this match will be the best wrestling match on the card. Thats what I want to see!

Thoughts?

zapphoman
09-27-2011, 03:57 AM
TBH I really want to see Jericho vs Punk. That would be an amazing match and not to mention a great build up to the match.

But I want everybody's thoughts on this...what would be so bad about a Triple Threat match between Bryan, Jericho, and Punk? I brought this up once and somebody just totally destroyed it. Personally I think it would be an amazing match and would be good for Wrestlemania. What are your thoughts?

The Brown One
09-27-2011, 04:01 AM
TBH I really want to see Jericho vs Punk. That would be an amazing match and not to mention a great build up to the match.

But I want everybody's thoughts on this...what would be so bad about a Triple Threat match between Bryan, Jericho, and Punk? I brought this up once and somebody just totally destroyed it. Personally I think it would be an amazing match and would be good for Wrestlemania. What are your thoughts?

That would have amazing build up and perhaps an even better match. But it can't happen, because Bryan is on Smackdown and can ONLY cash in on a Smackdown champion. I don't see Punk leaving Raw with how much attention hes been getting as of late, and Jericho isn't around right now to do anything.

zapphoman
09-27-2011, 04:07 AM
That would have amazing build up and perhaps an even better match. But it can't happen, because Bryan is on Smackdown and can ONLY cash in on a Smackdown champion. I don't see Punk leaving Raw with how much attention hes been getting as of late, and Jericho isn't around right now to do anything.

Yeah that's true. Damn money in the bank briefcases. Yeah, I would mark the f out if that match ever happened.

While I would like to see Jericho and Punk happen at Wrestlemania 28, if there was anyway possible that Punk and Austin could happen, that would be an amazing match as well. I just don't think Austins neck is going to allow him to.

The Brown One
09-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Yeah that's true. Damn money in the bank briefcases. Yeah, I would mark the f out if that match ever happened.

While I would like to see Jericho and Punk happen at Wrestlemania 28, if there was anyway possible that Punk and Austin could happen, that would be an amazing match as well. I just don't think Austins neck is going to allow him to.

Yeah I think this is whats holding him back from competing in that match. Hes stated before that would like to work a match with Punk, so his hearts on it..its just that his injuries prevent him from doing so.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-27-2011, 04:20 AM
My only problem with Punk VS. Jericho is that it's been done before. Four times infact. I'd love for something to come out of it but in all honesty, Jericho has stated he's going on tour again, he's got a couple shows in the works and even more projects. In all honesty, Jericho is a "November Return" guy. Every time he's come back, it's been in November. If he doesn't come back within the next two months, don't expect him to enter. (Unless they do a surprise Rumble entrant and have Punk Champion going into WM.)

When it comes to the other matches on the card I can honestly see this unfolding:

Sheamus VS. Daniel Bryan (World Heavyweight Championship) -- Compensation for them being bumped this year.

John Cena VS. The Rock (WWE Championship) -- Already booked. Bagged and tagged.

CM Punk VS. Steve Austin -- My all-time pick.

Randy Orton VS. Chris Jericho -- WAY Unfinished business. This would be Jericho's first opponent coming back.

Dolph Ziggler VS. Zack Ryder (US Championship) -- I honestly threw a name in there. I believe we'll see Ryder with a strap soon enough.

Cody Rhodes VS. John Morrison (Intercontinental Championship) -- I could definitely see this happening.

KOW VS. Awesome Truth (Tag-Team Championship) -- Again. I see Air Boom holding on to the Tag-Team Championships for a few more months and then Awesome Truth takes them to be taken down by KOW.

Beth Phoenix VS. Natalia Neidhart (Divas Championship) -- THere is already a fantastic build up for this one engrained within.

Rey Mysterio VS. Sin Cara -- Ditto from Natty/Phoenix... there's something brewing on this scene I believe as well.

Battle Royal - For the first time it'll be seen on PPV... WWE Network? and Jerry Lawler will finally win it.

Those are my logical match picks at this point in the game. I don't think we'll see anything outlandish this year due to a couple old favorites returning. I think the WrestleMania Battle Royal will start the show this year though and King will sneak in and win it somehow giving him his WM victory. Of course I am of the belief that Jericho will return at Rumble but he'll be gunning for Orton since Orton was the one who "put him out". Everything else to me seems like it could feesably happen.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Also, Austin's neck is fine. He's stated that a bunch of times as well. He's said he can go a "few" more matches.

The Brown One
09-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Also, Austin's neck is fine. He's stated that a bunch of times as well. He's said he can go a "few" more matches.

Good to hear.

My only problem with Punk VS. Jericho is that it's been done before. Four times infact. I'd love for something to come out of it but in all honesty, Jericho has stated he's going on tour again, he's got a couple shows in the works and even more projects. In all honesty, Jericho is a "November Return" guy. Every time he's come back, it's been in November. If he doesn't come back within the next two months, don't expect him to enter. (Unless they do a surprise Rumble entrant and have Punk Champion going into WM.)

When it comes to the other matches on the card I can honestly see this unfolding:

Sheamus VS. Daniel Bryan (World Heavyweight Championship) -- Compensation for them being bumped this year.

John Cena VS. The Rock (WWE Championship) -- Already booked. Bagged and tagged.

CM Punk VS. Steve Austin -- My all-time pick.

Randy Orton VS. Chris Jericho -- WAY Unfinished business. This would be Jericho's first opponent coming back.

Dolph Ziggler VS. Zack Ryder (US Championship) -- I honestly threw a name in there. I believe we'll see Ryder with a strap soon enough.

Cody Rhodes VS. John Morrison (Intercontinental Championship) -- I could definitely see this happening.

KOW VS. Awesome Truth (Tag-Team Championship) -- Again. I see Air Boom holding on to the Tag-Team Championships for a few more months and then Awesome Truth takes them to be taken down by KOW.

Beth Phoenix VS. Natalia Neidhart (Divas Championship) -- THere is already a fantastic build up for this one engrained within.

Rey Mysterio VS. Sin Cara -- Ditto from Natty/Phoenix... there's something brewing on this scene I believe as well.

Battle Royal - For the first time it'll be seen on PPV... WWE Network? and Jerry Lawler will finally win it.

Those are my logical match picks at this point in the game. I don't think we'll see anything outlandish this year due to a couple old favorites returning. I think the WrestleMania Battle Royal will start the show this year though and King will sneak in and win it somehow giving him his WM victory. Of course I am of the belief that Jericho will return at Rumble but he'll be gunning for Orton since Orton was the one who "put him out". Everything else to me seems like it could feesably happen.

1) Cody Rhodes is a Smackdown wrestler and thus the IC title is exclusive to Smackdown until the champion is drafted. So I don't see how this match can happen
2) Didn't it say a few days ago that Mysterio is in bad shape, and may be needing another surgery? If thats the case, then I'd rather have the two Sin Caras go at it, if they feud right now, take a break, and then feud again come WM

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Good to hear.

1) Cody Rhodes is a Smackdown wrestler and thus the IC title is exclusive to Smackdown until the champion is drafted. So I don't see how this match can happen
2) Didn't it say a few days ago that Mysterio is in bad shape, and may be needing another surgery? If thats the case, then I'd rather have the two Sin Caras go at it, if they feud right now, take a break, and then feud again come WM

1.) We're in "Supershow" (end of draft) mode. Anything is possible to happen right now. They've been making it a point to have them on the show every week ad even on SD! he's not been defending it as of late. I see no problem here. All signs are pointing to the brand extension ending. Don't be surprised to see stuff moving and grooving here on out.

2.) Mysterio has been in bad shape. It's October (almost.)... and surgery he has, he'll be healed by April. Mark it.

alexrules01
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Cody vs JoMo might be the RAW vs Smackdown! match

HolyJose2391
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Punk vs. Austin would be great to see. Any speculation as to who Taker will face or are they gonna do HHH vs. Taker III?

KSTornado
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM
I'd love to see Austin vs Punk. Only thing that may get in the way would be the medical clearance by WWE doctors but we have seen him be able to be in the ring and give some stunners and take some punches. I think the only thing that could stop this would be the doctors though as I think WWE would know how big of a Mania this could be as the ppv buy rate would be huge if they were able to add this match to the card. Could end up being one of the best Mania's ever.

zapphoman
09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Of course I am of the belief that Jericho will return at Rumble but he'll be gunning for Orton since Orton was the one who "put him out".

I thought it was Cena who took Jericho out. I remember it because the commentators were like, "This is a side of Cena we have never seen before!" and they had to take Jericho out on a stretcher. I didn't see Jericho anymore after that.

daverende5
09-27-2011, 11:36 AM
If they are smart, and it would happen (Punk vs Austin), then they should do it wrestlemania 29.
Because then we have two big wrestlemania's, instead of one.
And business wise it would be the best. (more people would buy it again who saw it that year before)

jledwig
09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Me personally I can see Stone Cold maybe showing up and interferring or being guest referee for a match CM Punk would be involved in. One reason I dont see Punk vs Jericho not happening is because when Jericho returns he will be a FACE. Big returns usually come back as Face's. It would be a mistake to turn Punk Heel again.

zapphoman
09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought it was Cena who took Jericho out. I remember it because the commentators were like, "This is a side of Cena we have never seen before!" and they had to take Jericho out on a stretcher. I didn't see Jericho anymore after that.

Just looked it up nevermind. But now I have a new reason to hate Randy Orton.

thatdevilsblue
09-27-2011, 12:03 PM
i honestly think that it will happen more likely than not considering how talked about it is, how it's on everyone's wishlist, and considering Stone Cold himself picks Punk as his opponent if he does ever come back for a fight, and don't forget all the twitter arguments back and forth between the two...i mean, i Know Sting and Undertaker was a match heavily talked about earlier this year, but the reality of it was is that it wasn't really going to happen because Sting was not in talks with WWE to go over there, nor was he ever really interested....Stone Cold still works with WWE on various occasions/appearances and is the head trainer of Tough Enough, so him coming back for one more match and it being against Punk in my opinion seems like it will happen most likely, if not at Wrestlemania 28, then somewhere along the line!

Kincaid
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
When Jericho left this last time it was because of a Randy Orton punt (Storyline). It was in Indianapolis, I was there. Man, I was pissed.

thejman93
09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Maybe it's something in the water Rob, but I'm also convinced Punk-Austin will happen.

The Brown One
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
1.) We're in "Supershow" (end of draft) mode. Anything is possible to happen right now. They've been making it a point to have them on the show every week ad even on SD! he's not been defending it as of late. I see no problem here. All signs are pointing to the brand extension ending. Don't be surprised to see stuff moving and grooving here on out.

2.) Mysterio has been in bad shape. It's October (almost.)... and surgery he has, he'll be healed by April. Mark it.

1) Thats true. But apparently the Supershow is only in trials for the time being. With that said, they may or may not decide to make it permanent depending on the ratings. We'l have to wait and see.

2) Isn't Wrestlemania held in April? Reys gonna have to be medically cleared a LOT sooner than that, and he should wrestle a few matches before that.

HolyJose2391
09-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe it's something in the water Rob, but I'm also convinced Punk-Austin will happen.

is that a NJ joke?

on topic I see it happening and I'd rather see that than Cena vs. Rock