PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most respect?

Krysys
09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
In your opinion who in the WWE has the most respect in the back? Why do you think this?

Steve Austin
09-26-2011, 06:13 PM
The Undertaker, he's a legend and deserves his respect.
Triple H, same thing.
Christian, worked hard for his world titles and deserves to be respected.

Edit: And John Cena for everything he does for the WWE and the WWE fans inside and outside the ring.

bcfccalum
09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Undertaker, i remember seeing an interview with Kane on sky sports news and he said taker has most respect out of everyone. i imagine shawn michaels was well respected when he was around too

Rilla
09-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Taker. He was Wrestling court's /judge/. And is more or less the person to beat.

helmsley
09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
taker, cena, hhh,hbk and i dont know but i think also edge

Krysys
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Hmmm, seems everyone thinks Taker, I agree

cancron
09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Taker hands down, I doubt HBK is well respected since he had such a bad reputation back in the day. lots of sore wounds with ppl.

I actually doubt Cena has much respect, he's probably one of those guys that is liked just as much as he's hated back stage.

For Cena to be truly respected , he'd actually have to put someone over. For a guy that says he lives breaths and will do anything for this business, he sure neglects the part of helping out his fellow competitors. Especially since he won't let anyone get over him. Don't try the argument that it's VKM's call, cause do you really think VKM would fire him if he wanted to lose?

cancron
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Edge is a guy who I doubt has alot of backstage respect because of what he's done to Matt Hardy in real life and what he did to Val Venus's sister.

Krysys
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Taker hands down, I doubt HBK is well respected since he had such a bad reputation back in the day. lots of sore wounds with ppl.

I actually doubt Cena has much respect, he's probably one of those guys that is liked just as much as he's hated back stage.

For Cena to be truly respected , he'd actually have to put someone over. For a guy that says he lives breaths and will do anything for this business, he sure neglects the part of helping out his fellow competitors. Especially since he won't let anyone get over him. Don't try the argument that it's VKM's call, cause do you really think VKM would fire him if he wanted to lose?

Actually some of the last part is not true. Maybe he doesn't put others over (His choice? Think not) but he has gone to bat for people in the past

helmsley
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Edge is a guy who I doubt has alot of backstage respect because of what he's done to Matt Hardy in real life and what he did to Val Venus's sister.

and thats the part we know, im sure hhh, hbk and even taker himself have made some mistakes also

cancron
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Actually some of the last part is not true. Maybe he doesn't put others over (His choice? Think not) but he has gone to bat for people in the past

Oh I've heard him going to bat for wrestlers too, but the stories are always about how he wants certain wrestlers pushed (IE:ryder) but you never hear about how he wants a program with them, or how he'd want them to win over him.

cancron
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
and thats the part we know, im sure hhh, hbk and even taker himself have made some mistakes also

Completely agree, but when alot of their exploits become public knowledge, I'm sure it would cause a backstage reputation. Do you think the st*t sandwich story earned x-pac alot of respect backstage?

ihearvoices
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Oh I've heard him going to bat for wrestlers too, but the stories are always about how he wants certain wrestlers pushed (IE:ryder) but you never hear about how he wants a program with them, or how he'd want them to win over him.

Cena went to bat for Cm punk he wanted that work with punk i still believe that is one of the reason MITB happen. And who knows who else Cena has requested to work with sometimes it not his choice and no matter how high cena is in rankings it will always be what Vince wants. So if Vince doesn't want Cena to put anyone over that is what cena must do.

BTW I think the most respected guys in the back are Taker,Rey & Jim Ross. I believe guys like Cena,HHH & Randy Orton are more respected because of their position in the company rather than their work in and outside the ring.

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Probably a huge majority of the veterans like Taker, Kane, and even Mark Henry. Another guy that is but was fired is Fit Finlay. Hugely respected.

wrestlingfan66513
09-26-2011, 08:32 PM
I want to say Taker also. But I think someone most people are forgetting is Golddust.

VanHooliganX
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Taker easily.
But retired guys like Edge, Ron Simmons and Arn Anderson have a great amount of respect.

gato2437
09-27-2011, 01:22 AM
taker, and like it or not cena and orton they have a lot of respect form their peers i mean they eat out of them, not saying is right or wron but is the true

Samuel L. Jackson
09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
John Morrison.
Endo Storyeo.

jordan1995
09-27-2011, 10:04 AM
the undertaker for being a legend

rey mysterio been there a while done a lot of things wreslted in ecw wcw

jim ross...this guy must have the most respect of all

christian...the way he hasnt put on a bad match since his return in 2009 and how he performed since joining

and finaal william regal expreiance and can learn people a lot so i guess he will be respectd loads

Siracul
09-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Respected Wrestlers :
Number 1 would without a doubt be The Undertaker, the guy was not just a good wrestler, he was a locker room leader, he has always been from what I hear, hell he's the one who stood up to Vince after the Montreal Screwjob and told him to go apologize to Bret. I hope & pray to God that his side of what happens in the Montreal incident is told on the DVD highlighting the rivalry between Bret & Michaels.

If you asked me about Number 2 a few years back (previous to 2007) I'd say Chris Benoit and if you asked me about Number 2 a few months earlier I'd say Kurt Angle but both have lost a lot o respect over the last few years (for Benoit) & months (for Angle)
So my Number 2 goes to Jericho, a guy who's been there, a guy who's done just about everything in the business, he's the first ever Undisputed Champion for God's sake, he's the 9 time Intercontinental Champion, he was WWE's go to man for quite some time and most importantly he's the man who kicked Goldberg's ass :D
Also I read not so long ago that he is considered a locker room leader.

Number 3 would go to Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels I believe
Let's face it, Hart was not always as professional as we say he is and neither was Michaels.
Both had their issues back in the day with Hart taking creative matters way too seriously and Michaels being an asshole to just about everybody he wasn't buddies with.
I believe that the Montreal Screwjob may have ruined Hart's career, but it made him that much more popular and more loved by the fans.

Long reply I know but I hope it's worth reading ;)

Subject Zero
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Undertaker. End of. Whenever you hear anything about Undertaker backstage its about how much respect the veterans and rookies have for him. Especially Kane.

Triple H is a mixed bag, He seems to rub alot of people the wrong way. But normally these people have an ego themselves(Scott Stiener).

Jerry Lawler also has quite abit of respect so ive heard.

and id imagine that Rey Mysterio does also.

rss3004
09-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Taker for sure. Plus Cena, for what he does for the company outside the ring. Jericho.
And if including non-wrestlers, JR.

Mikeyboy7777777
09-27-2011, 03:08 PM

cena refused to put anybody over so bad that he lost to cm punk I think three or two times in a row weeklies included

benchch
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Mr. Regal :)

Kenny_Penfold
09-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I won't bang the Taker drum because everyone has but obviously he's a class act. HBK has said many times that he was hated back in the 90s because he was losing his mind and hating on everyone around him. He then got loads of respect when he came back, commited himself to the man upstairs and turned his life around. I think there was also a story of Miz coming into the locker room and disrespecting Shawn? (I'm sure I've heard this from somewhere).
After he disrespected Shawn, HHH told Miz that he needed to show more respect to a legend of the business. I think Miz apologised but the peeps in the locker room didn't like the way he acted towards HBK.
One thing that kind of surprised me was everyone's reaction to Edge quitting. He is clearly well liked but I think it said a lot when HHH came out after not been on tv for weeks to hug Edge when he announced his retirement after SmackDown went off air. :)

Siracul
09-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I won't bang the Taker drum because everyone has but obviously he's a class act. HBK has said many times that he was hated back in the 90s because he was losing his mind and hating on everyone around him. He then got loads of respect when he came back, commited himself to the man upstairs and turned his life around. I think there was also a story of Miz coming into the locker room and disrespecting Shawn? (I'm sure I've heard this from somewhere).
After he disrespected Shawn, HHH told Miz that he needed to show more respect to a legend of the business. I think Miz apologised but the peeps in the locker room didn't like the way he acted towards HBK.
One thing that kind of surprised me was everyone's reaction to Edge quitting. He is clearly well liked but I think it said a lot when HHH came out after not been on tv for weeks to hug Edge when he announced his retirement after SmackDown went off air. :)

The HBK disrespect thingy was Matt Striker
HHH talked about it in Hard Knocks the Chris Benoit Story
Matt had disrespected HBK and in HHH's words it was "nothing serious but Chris made it a big deal"
Benoit made him do 1000 or 500 squats not sure which and Striker came in the other day with aching legs so Benoit made him do another 500
That's what I remember not sure :D

Kenny_Penfold
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
The HBK disrespect thingy was Matt Striker
HHH talked about it in Hard Knocks the Chris Benoit Story
Matt had disrespected HBK and in HHH's words it was "nothing serious but Chris made it a big deal"
Benoit made him do 1000 or 500 squats not sure which and Striker came in the other day with aching legs so Benoit made him do another 500
That's what I remember not sure :D

Yeah I remember the stuff about Benoit and making him do the squats. I don't think it was Striker but maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was Miz because I'd read it but may have been a load of bull. Thanks for clearing it up though but whoever did it was a prick and at least that's one great trait of Beniot. Cheers dude. :D

AOF666
09-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Other than Taker, Owen Hart was another, I heard!

Y2Jryder
09-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Undertaker, no doubt about it

Tommy Thunder
09-27-2011, 04:12 PM
It's Taker no doubt.
A 20+ year veteran, he's achieved everything there is to achieve.
There's nothing more to it IMO.

AreYaSerious
09-27-2011, 10:54 PM
It's Taker no doubt.
A 20+ year veteran, he's achieved everything there is to achieve.
There's nothing more to it IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

Sully
09-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Undertaker
Vince McMahon
Triple H
John Cena
Randy Orton

All these guys have a pretty good influence in the locker room.

Tomsta666
09-30-2011, 10:10 PM
What about Good Ol' JR??? Dude has seen it all!

Murphdogg4
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Taker. He's been the locker room leader since at least 96. Ric flair before he went to TNA was also respected big time.

Keith_Stone
10-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd have to go with Undertaker. Haven't met the dude, but whenever I make an appearance for WWE, I chat with some of the guys, and they all say that he's the man.
And of course, they all have a lot of respect for Vince too. That man is God there.