PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Speaks out - persons stealing his moves, etc.

steveorton
09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
This is from the main news board:

Chris Jericho was the guest on this week's Wrestling Voice Radio Show he spoke about his band Fozzy, the progress on their next album, their upcoming European tour and much more. Highlights are below.

On wrestlers stealing his moves and gimmicks in WWE today and lashing out at CM Punk​ for doing so: "There seems to be a lack of respect for the forefathers who came in and did it first and it's not just [CM] Punk, it's a whole litany of guys from Miz to Cody Rhodes to Mason Ryan to Sin Cara to Kelly Kelly, everybody is stealing moves, looks, ideas. Brian Pillman​ once told me if you want to make it in wrestling you have to do something that nobody has done before and nobody is doing that and they are coming off as second rate copies of Chris Jericho and that's maybe why these guys aren't striking and I watch it and think, "Seriously, again?"

"A couple of years ago you had 'Miz 4, John Cena 0", where did that come from? Conspiracy Theory, where did that come from? Best in the World, where did that come from? Wearing suits, talking slow, using big words, using certain moves, you know Miz used the word "troglodyte" a few weeks ago and I'm like seriously? If there ever was a word associated with Chris Jericho that would be it. These guys have to start thinking of their own stuff and some times I see some of them and I'm like oh come on. It's not like it's influenced. At least give credit where credit is due."

In response to Vampiro calling him out and labeling him a liar in a recent video: "It's funny because I just recently complimenting him on the documentary they put out about him, but Vampiro joins the long list of guys like Superstar Billy Graham, Larry Zbyszko, Scott Hall​ who don't like it when they are called out for being dicks at certain point in time and everything I've written in each one of my books is true.

Chris also talks about his ideal wrestling match, his ultimate tour line-up, if he would wrestle in Japan again, his favorite lyrics and more.

I think this shows why Jericho is the best in the world at what he does.

Thoughts, suggestions and comments?

THE_CRIPPLER
09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
upcoming European tour and much more. Highlights are below.

On wrestlers stealing his moves and gimmicks in WWE today and lashing out at CM Punk​ for doing so: "There seems to be a lack of respect for the forefathers who came in and did it first and it's not just [CM] Punk, it's a whole litany of guys from Miz to Cody Rhodes to Mason Ryan to Sin Cara to Kelly Kelly, everybody is stealing moves, looks, ideas. Brian Pillman​ once told me if you want to make it in wrestling you have to do something that nobody has done before and nobody is doing that and they are coming off as second rate copies of Chris Jericho and that's maybe why these guys aren't striking and I watch it and think, "Seriously, again?"

"A couple of years ago you had 'Miz 4, John Cena 0", where did that come from? Conspiracy Theory, where did that come from? Best in the World, where did that come from? Wearing suits, talking slow, using big words, using certain moves, you know Miz used the word "troglodyte" a few weeks ago and I'm like seriously? If there ever was a word associated with Chris Jericho that would be it. These guys have to start thinking of their own stuff and some times I see some of them and I'm like oh come on. It's not like it's influenced. At least give credit where credit is due."

In response to Vampiro calling him out and labeling him a liar in a recent video: "It's funny because I just recently complimenting him on the documentary they put out about him, but Vampiro joins the long list of guys like Superstar Billy Graham, Larry Zbyszko, Scott Hall​ who don't like it when they are called out for being dicks at certain point in time and everything I've written in each one of my books is true.

Chris also talks about his ideal wrestling match, his ultimate tour line-up, if he would wrestle in Japan again, his favorite lyrics and more.

Yeah Nick Bockwnkle called and said your a fucking idiot.

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Shouldn't he be honored that newer guys are using his stuff? So when did he invent the boston crab?

THE_CRIPPLER
09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Also, Not to mention Best in the World Was Daniel Bryans (Then Bryan Dainelsons) Gimmick. I cant count how many people had that before Jericho..... Mason Ryan lifts his arms to the side when he walks out and he is ripping you off? haha pleaseeeee. I think Raven was doing that before you.

CM Punk using a back breaker you used? thats so dumb, you rarely use it and Punk has been using it for ever... and Jericho using Ultimo Dragons Asai MoonSault is ok right?

and Jericho owns the word conspircy? the whole Miz and Truth thing has nothing to do wth Jerichos conspircy storyline.

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Also, Not to mention Best in the World Was Daniel Bryans (Then Bryan Dainelsons) Gimmick. I cant count how many people had that before Jericho..... Mason Ryan lifts his arms to the side when he walks out and he is ripping you off? haha pleaseeeee. I think Raven was doing that before you.

CM Punk using a back breaker you used? thats so dumb, you rarely use it and Punk has been using it for ever... and Jericho using Ultimo Dragons Asai MoonSault is ok right?

and Jericho owns the word conspircy? the whole Miz and Truth thing has nothing to do wth Jerichos conspircy storyline.

BUT! But he invented 1,034 variations of the armbar! He said so on Nitro! Like the knuckleball armbar and the PB&J armbar!

steveorton
09-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I think Y2J is trying to say inorder for you to stand out, be truly great you have to create a new gimmick. Something innovative something someone hasn't seen in WRESTLING already.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-26-2011, 02:48 PM
BUT! But he invented 1,034 variations of the armbar! He said so on Nitro! Like the knuckleball armbar and the PB&J armbar!

Yeah it was funny and all, but i dont know if Jericho is doing these rants online to play with the internet or did he really become this insane.... Cause Punk says he is the best in the world he copies Jericho, But Jericho says he is a living legend and That was Stupid ass Larry Zbyszko gimmick for years and Jericho says Larry is a idiot to complain about it? come on fucking stupid, Jericho is working the internet I hope.

steveorton
To add to my last post watch some of The Rock and SCSA gimmicks something new imo and watch how great they turned out.

Bodom
I like Jericho a lot, but he doesn't come off very well out of this. It's not like he holds the copyright for wearing clothes, talking into a microphone, holding his arms out at a 90 degree angle to his body and knee-based offense.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
To add to my last post watch some of The Rock and SCSA gimmicks something new imo and watch how great they turned out.

Stone Cold got his beer drinking idea from the Sandman, I wont say he copied but he did get a idea, and He used the Stunner cause of Mikey Whipwreck. People get certain ideas from other people, No Big deal..... Look t Jerichos Code Breaker, Its a reverse Back stabber

thejman93
09-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I lost some respect for Jericho after reading that.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-26-2011, 02:56 PM
I like Jericho a lot, but he doesn't come off very well out of this. It's not like he holds the copyright for wearing clothes, talking into a microphone, holding his arms out at a 90 degree angle to his body and knee-based offense.

Wrestlers best learn to keep their hands down to their hips. and they better not even attempt to clothesline, Cause that be stealing half of Jerichos Gimmick.

and all Wrestlers should be nude and speak very fast. If they wear any clothing or speak at a normal pace then Jerichos lawyer shall contact them.

Wrestlers also need to keep their knees away from wrestlers face and body parts cause Jericho invented that, as a matter of fact Wrestlers should just remove their legs all together.

steveorton
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Stone Cold got his beer drinking idea from the Sandman, I wont say he copied but he did get a idea, and He used the Stunner cause of Mikey Whipwreck. People get certain ideas from other people, No Big deal..... Look t Jerichos Code Breaker, Its a reverse Back stabber

And thats my point although I am not sure if SCSA got it from Sandman but SCSA improved on it. In wrestling if you think beer drinking your mind immediately thinks of SCSA. My point is you can devlop/improve and sometimes create existing gimmicks/new gimmicks.

I am a Mizfit but what does he do differently from Y2J. I think he needs that something to separate him from Y2J so he can truly be over imo.

THE_CRIPPLER
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
And thats my point although I am not sure if SCSA got it from Sandman but SCSA improved on it. In wrestling if you think beer drinking your mind immediately thinks of SCSA. My point is you can devlop/improve and sometimes create existing gimmicks/new gimmicks.

I am a Mizfit but what does he do differently from Y2J. I think he needs that something to separate him from Y2J so he can truly be over imo.

Jericho and Miz is gimick is very different... Jericho is a Super Serious Nick Bockwinkle like guy, That prides himself on being the best Wrestler in the world.

Miz is a guy who prides himself on being a huge star, Talking about how he is a must see champion. He is annoying, silly, Never really serious and is obsessed with fame and being on top. He uses catchphrases, and will do anything to make it in the main event and be the WWE poster boy.

Jericho is more like the Rock than Jericho actually, with the whole Awesome bit, its very much like like "If You Smell What the Rock Is Cooking"

DonzelDomination
09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
IM not sure if he's actually pissed or what
But regardless it makes him seem do douchey
in my mind

SESAfro
09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
It didn't come off to be douche-like to me. To me he's pretty much saying "Don't make it so noticeable when using other stuff as inspiration." Everyone takes what they like as a sign of respect, but sometimes something else in order.

Y2Jryder
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Jericho is always right

BlazersDozen
09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
I think this could be a work. Idk...I think everything he's been doing lately is a work because he'll praise those same people on Twitter after RAW & PPVs

AOF666
09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I think it is funny how quickly everyone is getting upset because he called out Punk!

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I think this could be a work. Idk...I think everything he's been doing lately is a work because he'll praise those same people on Twitter after RAW & PPVs

If so, then it is working.

I think it is funny how quickly everyone is getting upset because he called out Punk!

Did you read this thread at all? It's about him holding self imposed copyrights over which direction he pisses in.

Blinker
09-26-2011, 03:57 PM

I concur.

I think he's just playing it off so when he comes back he can be the heel that's angry about not getting respect. If it's not a work then he's coming off as very hypocritical. Most of his stuff was taken from various other people. Just to clarify, I'm a HUGE Jericho fan. I think he pulled off many of the things better than the people he took inspiration from. I don't really see him getting upset at the fact someone uses one or two moves that he's used or using a phrase that he (and many before and I'm sure after) has used.

therockiswwf
09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
I wonder if the guy who invented the punch is mad at everyone for using his move.

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I wonder if the guy who invented the punch is mad at everyone for using his move.

Mike Tyson invented that and the facial tattoo.

SESAfro
09-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Mike Tyson invented that and the facial tattoo.
No. I'm pretty sure it was the Cavemen when they lost their clubs.

Jags
09-26-2011, 04:18 PM
I see Jericho's point, sometimes it's to much alike. But when people give it their own twist to it and it's entertaining it's alright, what hasn't been done these days?

Viperfish
09-26-2011, 04:42 PM
I see Jericho's point, sometimes it's to much alike. But when people give it their own twist to it and it's entertaining it's alright, what hasn't been done these days?

I haven't seen everything there possibly is to see in wrestling but MVP came up with a really good one with his early stuff, the overpaid and highly ass-y athlete. Not -everything- has been done.

therockiswwf
09-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen everything there possibly is to see in wrestling but MVP came up with a really good one with his early stuff, the overpaid and highly ass-y athlete. Not -everything- has been done.

So he was Mr. Perfect with money.

Viperfish
09-26-2011, 05:14 PM
So he was Mr. Perfect with money.

I'm not sure who was relevant in athletics when Mr. Perfect did it but when MVP came out with it, it was at a time where athletes were having an obnoxious amount of exposure in the media. The timing made it very relevant at the time and he put his own spin on it in the process. Mr. Perfect claimed to be perfect at everything, even outside athletics, MVP was a little more focused as a character.

Mr. Perfect came at a time when everyone pretty much had a character. I don't want to say it was a cheesy kind of a character, I didn't start watching my wrestling that far back but the 80s in general were cheesy. He was assigned the gimmick according to Legends of Wrestling, he did not come up with it himself. To his credit he made the gimmick work very well. MVP's character was created by MVP, and that combined with his ring work got him in the big leagues. MVP's character had a realistic feel to it while Mr. Perfect's may have been cheesed out like everything else in the 80s. I'm not too familiar with Curt to be honest. I know who he is and blah blah blah but I haven't watched a lot of his stuff.

evilgenius780
09-26-2011, 05:40 PM
I personally don't think Jericho is being completely serious here, but if he is, I second the previous thought that Jericho is always right

Breakthecode13
09-26-2011, 05:55 PM

In all likelihood it is a work!! It makes the most sense for a ready made gimmick....its all just a work. The point of him saying this is so people can say "awwww that Jericho is such a douche". This is all just him giving and interview in character. Proof of copying.....he aint the first canadian to say he is the best ¬¬

SOOOOOO dont overreact IWC its just one of the best wrestlers in the world (next to CM punk and Bryan Danielson) doing what he does best

Siracul
09-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Is Jericho pulling a Kurt Angle or a Matt Hardy on us ?
If so we should be on our guards and keep checking his twitter, it might not be long before we see "An impostor was at an interview and said things I never would've said"

luduca444
09-26-2011, 06:36 PM

my reply has nothing to do with the quote, i just wanted to say that i love your signature lol

Fan4Now
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm a Huge Jericho fan, but if he were to really be in this state of mind, I'd be pretty disgusted. I pay alot of attention to his twitter & after he dissed Punk for copying him, the other day, they were back talking again. I don't know why he's doing a work this early, if he won't be back soon, but Rock vs Cena was a yr in advance. Come on, when Miz was named # 1 wrestler of the yr, Jericho was all excited & happily tweeted about it several times, in approval of Miz being # 1. Why would he have praised a man & friend of his, if he thought the gimmick Miz is using, is ripped off of him? Whoever posted earlier that he often praises these same ppl after ppvs, is right. Why praise ppl that are "ripping him off", if he's upset about it? IT'S A WORK! I'm shocked to see the IWC jump so quickly about this, when mostly the IWC sees through these things.

LMPunker
09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
i respect jericho greatly but it annoys me for two reasons when he says peopleare stealing from him number1 he is hardly original himself as people have said daniel bryan used best in the world before him and bryan has said himself best in the world is so generic and basic its not like he called himself the winnipeg ratlesnake for example

and number 2 it annoys me because to be frank hes not there using the double arm backbreaker or saying the best in the world or wearing his suit which evolution did before him by the way and sticking his arms out for an enterance he hasnt done since 2008 even when he was last active think jericho would have more of an argument if he was there now instead of doing his fozzy thing(big fan of fozzy by the way)just dont leave and expect people not to do something cos "it belongs to jericho"

K2Jelly
09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Like he's one to bitch. Jedward had that hairstyle before Jericho did.

AreYaSerious
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Is Bret Hart crying when everyone uses the sharpshooter? Is Christian crying everytime Kofi uses the pendulum kick?

SilverGhost
09-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Wrestlers and "their" stuff makes me lol.

It isn't their stuff. Its just they made it popular at their time. Doesn't mean its theirs.

Reichwulf
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Really? I watched some ecw but never fully got into it, i thought the sandman got it from him to be honest.

rss3004
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing its a work. Jericho's working the internet, looking to build some heat before his return.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 12:44 PM

that segment never gets old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUcTHmZ9luY

every second move: ARMBAR!

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
oh and there's this one too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVfGS227bIo&feature=related

Enforcer23
09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
to me wrestling has gone threw everything that its easy to find something about a wrestler and say ow his copying a guy from the past...REALLY what more is out there that HASINT been done in the past

therockiswwf
09-28-2011, 09:33 PM
to me wrestling has gone threw everything that its easy to find something about a wrestler and say ow his copying a guy from the past...REALLY what more is out there that HASINT been done in the past

A wrestler with common sense has never been done to my knowledge.

Reloval
09-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Chris Jericho stole my hair cut!!!!!