PDA

View Full Version : The KISS Appreciation Thread

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Yes they may be old and yes they have replacement musicians that dress up as the original characters but who can say that they`re in their 60`s (for Gene-who`s 62 and Paul-who`s 59) and they`re still selling out big arenas and garnering half a million smack a roonies every tour. What makes me appreciate them is the fact that their songs have helped me go through tough things in life. I`m sure everyone has a band like that, but I wanted to show my appreciation to the Hottest Band in the World!

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
They are not that old compared to the Rolling Stones! :)

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 12:55 PM
They are not that old compared to the Rolling Stones! :)

and yet the Stones barely tour, KISS is releasing a new album in January

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Are any of their kids following in their footsteps?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Are any of their kids following in their footsteps?

Nick Simmons actually appeared in former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick`s solo album in 2010, Paul`s oldest son plays the guitar but I have no clue if he`ll play in a band, and as for Paul`s other kids they`re abit young to play (one`s 5, the other`s 2 and the last one is a month old)

Sully
09-26-2011, 04:05 PM
My Dad loves Kiss, which is what led me to love Kiss as well. I'm a huge Kiss fan here...

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
My Dad loves Kiss, which is what led me to love Kiss as well. I'm a huge Kiss fan here...

I was Paul Stanley for Halloween when I was 6 or 7 years old. I didn't know KISS but I couldn't decide who I wanted to be so my dad made the final decision. My friend were confused with it but not the adults as I got the most candy in my neighborhood! :)

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 04:40 PM
In the words of The Miz: AWESOME!!!

I was Paul Stanley for Halloween when I was 6 or 7 years old. I didn't know KISS but I couldn't decide who I wanted to be so my dad made the final decision. My friend were confused with it but not the adults as I got the most candy in my neighborhood! :)
I guess your neighborhood was a huge KISS community lol

Grind_Bastard
09-26-2011, 06:26 PM

I was a bit older when I dressed up as Paul, about 10/11, it wasn't Halloween though. Now I think I won't do it, and just in case, I'll choose Gene.

Not my fav band, but since it is appreciation thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYjlisHj6EM

helmsley
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Env5iMrBjws&feature=fvst

EPIC!!

i will really love to see them live, its certainly on my bucket list lol

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Env5iMrBjws&feature=fvst

EPIC!!

i will really love to see them live, its certainly on my bucket list lol

Please do see them live it's a helluva spectacle live and don't be jumpy cuz they will release fireworks at any given time

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
I saw Gene has a Kiss souvenir store that has almost anything you can think of.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I saw Gene has a Kiss souvenir store that has almost anything you can think of.

Yup the KISS Coffeehouse in Myrtle Beach, SC

http://www.kisscoffeehouse.com/index.htm

broc808
09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Yup the KISS Coffeehouse in Myrtle Beach, SC

http://www.kisscoffeehouse.com/index.htm

wow I live there and I've never seen it lol

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
wow I live there and I've never seen it lol

KISS COFFEEHOUSE
Broadway at the Beach
1320 Celebrity Circle #CS7
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Phone: (843) 626-KISS

broc808
09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
KISS COFFEEHOUSE
Broadway at the Beach
1320 Celebrity Circle #CS7
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Phone: (843) 626-KISS

ya I think I'm about 30 minutes from there maybe I'll check it out sometime

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 12:33 AM
ya I think I'm about 30 minutes from there maybe I'll check it out sometime

one day i'll go!

HeelTurn
09-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Big KISS fan, even got dressed up as them a few years back with my mates, I was Starchild lol

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Big KISS fan, even got dressed up as them a few years back with my mates, I was Starchild lol

http://www.nationalimporters.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/facebook_like_button1.png

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
So, KISS was left out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame again. Will they ever get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? What do they have to do? What did they do wrong?
The nominees are:
Joan Jett and The Blackhearts
Heart
Freddie King
The Small Faces/The Faces
The Spinners
Beastie Boys
Donovan
Laura Nyro
Red Hot Chili Peppers
War
Eric B. & Rakim
Guns N’ Roses
Rufus with Chaka Khan
Donna Summer
The Cure

It pisses me of!!!!

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
So, KISS was left out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame again. Will they ever get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? What do they have to do? What did they do wrong?
The nominees are:
Heart
Freddie King
The Spinners
Beastie Boys
Donovan
Laura Nyro
Red Hot Chili Peppers
War
Eric B. & Rakim
Guns N’ Roses
Rufus with Chaka Khan
Donna Summer
The Cure

It pisses me of!!!!

I'm suprised they aren't in the R n R hof, but they have to get in some day!

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm suprised they aren't in the R n R hof, but they have to get in some day!

Well they've been eligbile for at least like 12 years now (after 25 years existence)

Sully
09-27-2011, 05:33 PM
It's a complete joke that Kiss isn't in the Rock N' Roll HOF yet though.

HolyJose2391
09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
The nominees are:
Heart
Freddie King
The Spinners
Beastie Boys
Donovan
Laura Nyro
Red Hot Chili Peppers
War
Eric B. & Rakim
Guns N’ Roses
Rufus with Chaka Khan
Donna Summer
The Cure

It pisses me of!!!!

As Eddie Trunk would say "Rock n roll hall of fame, FUCK YOU!" they don't need the RNR HOF KISS are legends in their own rights and the RNR Hall of Fame is just a joke. I mean they left out fucking RUSH and put in Madonna!

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
As Eddie Trunk would say "Rock n roll hall of fame, FUCK YOU!" they don't need the RNR HOF KISS are legends in their own rights and the RNR Hall of Fame is just a joke. I mean they left out fucking RUSH and put in Madonna!

Believe me the HOF has done worse!

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Well they've been eligbile for at least like 12 years now (after 25 years existence)

Damn 25 years, now I feel old when I see bands on there like Guns n Roses, Beastie Boys, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Rich Cranium
09-27-2011, 07:21 PM
The nominees are:
Freddie King
The Spinners
Laura Nyro
Rufus
It pisses me of!!!!

Who are these people?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Who are these people?

good question, I have no fucking idea who or what they are and their accomplishments, and yet KISS's Destroyer went Double Platinum just this month!

Necroyeti
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
The RnR-HOF is an utter joke, I'm surprised people actually still give a toss about it.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 09:55 PM
The RnR-HOF is an utter joke, I'm surprised people actually still give a toss about it.

it's become a joke since the day Madonna, LL Cool J and Michael Jackson entered that HOF

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
How many bands do you know do this:

KISS Kruise: Wet, Wild, & Rockin’, your BEST vacation yet! Check out EVERYTHING that is included in the price of a cabin: A KISS indoor rock show, an acoustic show on the Lido Deck (no makeup!), a Q&A with all 4 guys, a photo with the band (in small groups), exclusive KISS Kruise merchandise, and so much more!

Visit www.theKISSKruise.com for more info on the first-ever KISS Kruise.
http://cdn.kissonline.com/non_secure/images/20110712/news/kisskruise/medium.jpg

HeelTurn
09-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Did you by any chance own KISS Pinball for the PS1?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Did you by any chance own KISS Pinball for the PS1?

No I didn't, nor did I ever know the existence of such game

HeelTurn
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
http://www.cjshoppingmall.com/images/kiss_pinball.jpg

No I didn't, nor did I ever know the existence of such game

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.cjshoppingmall.com/images/kiss_pinball.jpg

just found it online they're selling for pretty expensive price

HeelTurn
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
just found it online they're selling for pretty expensive price

Yeah quite ironic, it was dirt cheap when it came out.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah quite ironic, it was dirt cheap when it came out.

i'd buy it for collection purposes... this is what i wanna buy but these suckers go for like $80

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!iQE5fbSLsPfBOfozvuYQg~~60_12.JPG

HeelTurn
09-28-2011, 01:32 PM
i'd buy it for collection purposes... this is what i wanna buy but these suckers go for like $80

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!iQE5fbSLsPfBOfozvuYQg~~60_12.JPG

Holy crap is that a KISS version of Monopoly?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Holy crap is that a KISS version of Monopoly?

yes it is and it's legit

HeelTurn
09-28-2011, 01:35 PM
yes it is and it's legit

Thats pretty epic, never seen it before.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Thats pretty epic, never seen it before.

KISS has everything from KISS Condoms to KISS Caskets they'll have you coming and they'll have you going!

THEKEVINBRAND
09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
IRATE TRUCK OWNER CHASES DOWN THEFT SUSPECT, RECOVERS KISS TAPE

By Julie Manganis

A Salem man who may have planned to "rock and roll all night and party every day" instead settled in at the Salem police lockup Wednesday night, charged with breaking into a pickup truck and stealing several items, including a Kiss tape.

It was the truck's irate owner, Matthew Jenkins, 24, who chased suspect Raymond Garland, 40, from Pond Street to the intersection of Washington and Lafayette streets, then grabbed him and flagged down a passing police car early Wednesday evening.

Jenkins told police he was inside his house and heard the door to his 1993 Chevy pickup closing. He ran out to the truck and immediately noticed it had been gone through, the glove box left open. Then he noticed a man with a trash bag pedaling away on a bike, Patrolman Deni Gaito said in his report.

Jenkins, carrying a small baseball bat, was holding onto Garland as Gaito and fellow Patrolman Rafael Gonzales passed by. Jenkins waved down the officers.

The officers did a pat-frisk of Garland, turning up a knife and a cassette tape.

Jenkins, who at that point was waiting a few feet away, saw the cassette and called out, "Is that a Kiss tape?"

The officers confirmed that it was and, after learning that it had also been in the truck, arrested Garland, of 298 Washington St., Salem.

They also found a number of tile-cutting tools that belong to Jenkins' father in the trash bag, as well as a small air compressor.

Garland said the compressor was a gift from a girlfriend, and he was on his way to a store to return it — a story that police found suspicious.

Jenkins said another item, a Duralast battery that had been in his truck, was found on the ground next to his house.

Garland pleaded not guilty yesterday at his arraignment in Salem District Court to charges of breaking and entering to a motor vehicle, felony larceny, and violating the city's knife ordinance.

Judge Michael Lauranzano ordered Garland held on $2,500 cash bail.

He's due back in court on Oct. 6.

There you have it folks, don't fuck with the KISS Army!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 12:29 AM
KISS gets snubbed from the Hall of Fame but lets this guy and his messed up band in?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NSK1EoC7Y

pauadrian
10-05-2011, 12:31 AM
KISS gets snubbed from the Hall of Fame but lets this guy and his messed up band in?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NSK1EoC7Y

tbh this is not the original band
i like the original gnr with slash and stuff

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 12:54 AM
tbh this is not the original band
i like the original gnr with slash and stuff

you will never see a reunited GNR in a billion years, Axl is too stupid to forgive Slash

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 01:16 AM
I heard somewhere that Gene Simmons is and always has been straight edge? Is this true?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 01:24 AM
I heard somewhere that Gene Simmons is and always has been straight edge? Is this true?

apparently, he tried wine on tonight's Family Jewels and hated it

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 12:18 PM
apparently, he tried wine on tonight's Family Jewels and hated it

That's amazing being Kiss were around during the whole sex, drugs, and rock n roll era. I mean look at the 70's itself. Everyone was doing at least weed.

Are and were the other members straight edge too?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
That's amazing being Kiss were around during the whole sex, drugs, and rock n roll era. I mean look at the 70's itself. Everyone was doing at least weed.

Are and were the other members straight edge too?

God no! The other members were partying like there was no tomorrow, Gene said screw drugs and went straight to sex and rock & roll! Apparently during the photography session with the band for their cover of their second 1974 album Hotter Than Hell, you can see Paul Stanley hold Peter Criss that's how bad they were wasted. This is what wikipedia says from this:

Photography session
The album is also known for its striking cover: the front featured Japanese manga-influenced artwork, and the back cover showed individual band shots taken by Norman Seeff at a wild party, and a composite of all four band members' makeup designs. Everyone present at the session (with the exception of Simmons) was drunk for the entire photography session.[citation needed] Stanley was so drunk he had to be locked in his car.

The Japanese character on the bottom of the album cover (力) is chikara, which means "power". It would later be used on various forms of Kiss material during the 1970s and 1980s, most prominently on Eric Carr's drum kit.

The Japanese on the top-right corner of the album cover (地獄 の さけび) is jigoku no sakebi, which means "Hell's shout" or "The shout of hell".

Frehley's image on the front cover is actually airbrushed, as a side of his face was injured in a car accident and was without makeup on the afflicted area at the time of the photo shoot. Also, the Japanese characters used for Ace's name pronounces it wrong. The characters are エイス フューリ (eisu fyuuri), which would translate to "Ace Fury". The characters should have been エースフレーリム(esu fureri).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/Cover_hth_large.jpg

Around 1979, Ace (the guitarist) and Peter (the drummer) were in tension with Gene and Paul, one of them battling major alcohol issues while the other was battling drug issues. Peter was the first to leave at the end of 1979 (not even playing in their album prior to his departure and was still credited). Ace left in 1982 (after not playing for several albums). The original band reunited in 1996 in full makeup. By 1998, the band's creative differences came into play ommitting Ace and Peter from playing on the album and hiring un-credited session musicians (despite having them sing a song as a band and one individual song, they were still fully credited). By 2000, the band started to crumble once again. Criss left in 2000 after tensions arose again regarding monetary and contract issues (he showed his dissapointment by destroying his kit onstage). After the farewell tour in ended in late 2001, the band took a break and decided not to retire, but instead decided that the farewell tour was from the original members, Ace left in 2002 and was replaced by current guitarist Tommy Thayer. Peter came back in 2003 to drum for a short time before leaving for good in 2004. Since then, on again, off again drummer Eric Singer has assumed the spot (1991-1996; 2001-2002; 2004-present). Ace Frehley has been sober from alcoholism since 2006, and has been touring successfully in a solo band. Peter Criss has been low-key these past few years, only making sporadic appearances because of his breast cancer and successful treatment. And Gene and Paul have continued to rock KISS and are working on releasing another album for January 2012.

EDIT: You can clearly see the tensions within the band here (mind you Ace Frehley was wasted):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jzve-Tmd70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvFNs3_uaUg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I watched a little of Family Jewels and I believe Gene is like 6'2 tall. Anyway, he was standing next to his son who made him look short! How tall is Nick?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I watched a little of Family Jewels and I believe Gene is like 6'2 tall. Anyway, he was standing next to his son who made him look short! How tall is Nick?

I believe Nick is around 6'7 or 6'8. He usually ducks to get through doors

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I believe Nick is around 6'7 or 6'8. He usually ducks to get through doors

Send him to the gym! He could be the next Kevin Nash!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Send him to the gym! He could be the next Kevin Nash!

LOL but chances are he'll be buried like his dad's WCW character

Rich Cranium
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
LOL but chances are he'll be buried like his dad's WCW character

True, so I guess instead partaking in drugs and alcohol, Gene was sort of the businessman in the band? So is he the richest?

pauadrian
10-05-2011, 09:41 PM
you will never see a reunited GNR in a billion years, Axl is too stupid to forgive Slash

i hate that sob for not forgiving slash
didnt evryone leave becus they liked slash better than axl

Sully
10-05-2011, 09:46 PM
I made a KISS football team for NCAA Football once...Peter Criss was the kicker.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-05-2011, 10:00 PM
True, so I guess instead partaking in drugs and alcohol, Gene was sort of the businessman in the band? So is he the richest?
Gene is the one who is the most business oriented, Paul is now into painting abstract art that's selling for like $20,000 to $1 million a pop
http://cdn.kissonline.com/non_secure/images/20100317/news/crossroads/large.jpg

i hate that sob for not forgiving slash
didnt evryone leave becus they liked slash better than axl
from wiki
Hiatus (1994–1998)
Interviews with Guns N' Roses band members suggest that between 1994 and 1996, the band sporadically began to write and record new material, most of which, according to Slash, had been written by Rose. Rose has stated the exact opposite in the open letter on the official Guns N' Roses website, that the album was mostly a "Slash album" and Rose was allowed very little input into the album. At the time, the band had intended to release a single album with 10 or 12 songs.

Regarding the dysfunction of the band's recording at that time, Rose is quoted as saying, "We still needed the collaboration of the band as a whole to write the best songs. Since none of that happened, that's the reason why that material got scrapped."

In December 1994, Guns N' Roses released a cover recording of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil". The song appeared in the film Interview with the Vampire, on the movie's soundtrack and was also released separately as a single. It is the final Guns N' Roses single to feature Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, and Matt Sorum on the drums. It also featured Paul Huge on rhythm guitar, whose presence on the track and in the band created great tension between Rose and Slash, as Slash disliked Huge and felt he had no place nor the 'chops' to fit in G N' R.

The recording of "Sympathy for the Devil", as well as tension between him and Rose, led Slash to quit the band officially in October 1996. He was replaced by Nine Inch Nails touring guitarist Robin Finck in January 1997, who signed a two-year contract with the band in August 1997, making him an official member. Slash's departure was followed shortly thereafter by Matt Sorum, who was fired in April 1997 and then by bassist Duff McKagan, who resigned from the band in August 1997. As such, all of the members who had taken part in the recording of Appetite for Destruction (aside from Rose) had departed from the band. Multiple views have been presented on the departures by various band members (current and former). 1994 was the last year Rose held a press conference or performed until 2001 with his new cast. Rose's only performance in 1994 was a duet with Bruce Springsteen on a cover of The Beatles song "Come Together". An actual break-up of Guns N' Roses never occurred, as new players were brought in as the old ones left.

McKagan was the last of the Appetite lineup to leave, resigning as bassist in August 1997, being replaced later that year by Tommy Stinson (formerly of The Replacements.) Sorum was replaced by Chris Vrenna for a short time in April to May 1997, followed briefly by Pod, and finally by Josh Freese in the summer of 1997. By the end of 1998, a new version of Guns N' Roses had emerged: many musicians have come and gone from the new band, but the core group has included Rose, Stinson, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

I made a KISS football team for NCAA Football once...Peter Criss was the kicker.

LOL Sweet!

pauadrian
10-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Gene is the one who is the most business oriented, Paul is now into painting abstract art that's selling for like $20,000 to $1 million a pop
http://cdn.kissonline.com/non_secure/images/20100317/news/crossroads/large.jpg

from wiki
Hiatus (1994–1998)
Interviews with Guns N' Roses band members suggest that between 1994 and 1996, the band sporadically began to write and record new material, most of which, according to Slash, had been written by Rose. Rose has stated the exact opposite in the open letter on the official Guns N' Roses website, that the album was mostly a "Slash album" and Rose was allowed very little input into the album. At the time, the band had intended to release a single album with 10 or 12 songs.

Regarding the dysfunction of the band's recording at that time, Rose is quoted as saying, "We still needed the collaboration of the band as a whole to write the best songs. Since none of that happened, that's the reason why that material got scrapped."

In December 1994, Guns N' Roses released a cover recording of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil". The song appeared in the film Interview with the Vampire, on the movie's soundtrack and was also released separately as a single. It is the final Guns N' Roses single to feature Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass, and Matt Sorum on the drums. It also featured Paul Huge on rhythm guitar, whose presence on the track and in the band created great tension between Rose and Slash, as Slash disliked Huge and felt he had no place nor the 'chops' to fit in G N' R.

The recording of "Sympathy for the Devil", as well as tension between him and Rose, led Slash to quit the band officially in October 1996. He was replaced by Nine Inch Nails touring guitarist Robin Finck in January 1997, who signed a two-year contract with the band in August 1997, making him an official member. Slash's departure was followed shortly thereafter by Matt Sorum, who was fired in April 1997 and then by bassist Duff McKagan, who resigned from the band in August 1997. As such, all of the members who had taken part in the recording of Appetite for Destruction (aside from Rose) had departed from the band. Multiple views have been presented on the departures by various band members (current and former). 1994 was the last year Rose held a press conference or performed until 2001 with his new cast. Rose's only performance in 1994 was a duet with Bruce Springsteen on a cover of The Beatles song "Come Together". An actual break-up of Guns N' Roses never occurred, as new players were brought in as the old ones left.

McKagan was the last of the Appetite lineup to leave, resigning as bassist in August 1997, being replaced later that year by Tommy Stinson (formerly of The Replacements.) Sorum was replaced by Chris Vrenna for a short time in April to May 1997, followed briefly by Pod, and finally by Josh Freese in the summer of 1997. By the end of 1998, a new version of Guns N' Roses had emerged: many musicians have come and gone from the new band, but the core group has included Rose, Stinson, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

LOL Sweet!

i read dis a long time ago
and slash and axl hate thier guts

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 12:44 AM
i read dis a long time ago
and slash and axl hate thier guts

of course and yet they're going in the HOF

pauadrian
10-06-2011, 12:46 AM
of course and yet they're going in the HOF

i think it was 1 month ago kiss came to mexico i didnt go cus there was no publicity and i didnt even know it was happening
otherwise you would have seen me there

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 12:47 AM
i think it was 1 month ago kiss came to mexico i didnt go cus there was no publicity and i didnt even know it was happening
otherwise you would have seen me there

check kissonline.com often!

pauadrian
10-06-2011, 12:49 AM
check kissonline.com often!

worst part is evryone at school knows i like rock
and somebody knew kiss was coming
he didnt tell me till after they came

i check youtube for my local concerts dude

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 12:52 AM
worst part is evryone at school knows i like rock
and somebody knew kiss was coming
he didnt tell me till after they came

i check youtube for my local concerts dude

that's stupid that nobody told you

pauadrian
10-06-2011, 12:53 AM
that's stupid that nobody told you

worst thing is he was gonna go but forgot to
i smacked him in the face

chunkkynutzzz
10-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Kiss Demon Fan ,and I don't know whyy..and I do mean the wrestler

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 12:58 AM
worst thing is he was gonna go but forgot to
i smacked him in the face

i would've done the same! now i'm anxious to hear their new album "monster"

i found a concept cover, if only it were real

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313843_10150388133691285_632746284_10292114_160734 1470_n.jpg

pauadrian
10-06-2011, 01:00 AM
i would've done the same! now i'm anxious to hear their new album "monster"

i found a concept cover, if only it were real

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313843_10150388133691285_632746284_10292114_160734 1470_n.jpg

that is really nice
i heard a pretty new band the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANVBPVaf-g

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 01:05 AM
that is really nice
i heard a pretty new band the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANVBPVaf-g

they played Mr.Anderson's WWE theme, but it sounds like AC/DC on speed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibs0xQNXAk

Tomsta666
10-06-2011, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I

My introduction to KISS :cool:

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 01:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I

My introduction to KISS :cool:

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1yvQV7J47o&feature=fvsr

This music video gets to me every time cuz it was the last video to feature Eric Carr on the drums :( He sadly passed on November 24, 1991 the same day as Freddie Mercury of Queen

Rich Cranium
10-06-2011, 10:26 PM
EDIT: You can clearly see the tensions within the band here (mind you Ace Frehley was wasted):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jzve-Tmd70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvFNs3_uaUg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I noticed Gene said in the video that he was from New York when it is known he is from Israel. Was this at a time that he didn't want people to know this for some reason?

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I noticed Gene said in the video that he was from New York when it is known he is from Israel. Was this at a time that he didn't want people to know this for some reason?

i think for a long time he hid the fact that he was actually from anothe country. He probably was ashamed of his father and scared to dmit that his mother was a Holocaust survivor (although he hates to mention it)
It's funny how he beat around the bush in his first interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiscEsSompQ

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Gene's makeup through the years:
http://www.kissfanshop.de/GeneSimmons/make-upGene1.jpg
http://www.kissfanshop.de/GeneSimmons/make-upGene2.jpg
http://www.kissfanshop.de/GeneSimmons/make-upGene3.jpg

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Paul's makeup through the years
http://www.kissfanshop.de/PaulStanley/make-upPaul.jpg

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Ace through the years

http://www.kissfanshop.de/AceFrehley/make-upAce1.jpg
http://www.kissfanshop.de/AceFrehley/make-upAce2.jpg
http://www.kissfanshop.de/AceFrehley/make-upAce3.jpg

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Peter Criss
http://www.kissfanshop.de/PeterCriss/make-upPeter.jpg
http://www.kissfanshop.de/PeterCriss/make-upPeter2.jpg
http://www.kissfanshop.de/PeterCriss/make-upPeter3.jpg
Peter added a teardrop under his right eye (as you can see on picture 16, with a close-up of the tear on 17). Fans disagreed over the meaning of the tear, some thinking it signaled that the Catman were sad the tour (and KISS) was at an end, while other figured it signaled that Peter was sad that the band couldn't get to an agreement about the final part of the tour, a rumor that was going around at the time. This was only speculation, though... as usual KISS were tightlipped about what really went on behind the scenes!!

SLEEPY LOCO1
10-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Space Ace's face paint has changed the least through the the years.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Eric Singer

http://www.kissfanshop.de/PeterCriss/make-upEricSinger.jpg
http://www.kissarmysweden.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/eric_hd.jpg
The second Catman first came along when KISS and Peter couldn't reach an agreement about the last part of the Farewell tour in Japan and Australia. If rumors are correct, Peter was unhappy that he had been offered less money than Ace to do the tour and bowed out!
KISS then hired their old drummer Eric Singer to come in and play the drums for that part of the tour. The decision were met with rather unhappy responses from the fans, not so much because of Eric, but more the fact that poor Eric had to wear the Catman make-up/costume, instead of something original! But it seems the decision had something to do with the contracts signed with the promoters... something about KISS has to deliver a show with the four original characters!!
Picture A was the first published picture of Eric in the Catman get-up, which also were met with tons of hateful responses on the internet!
Picture B (in the middle) is Eric in full costume at the first show in Yokohama, Japan, March 9th 2001. As you can see, the costume is identical with Peter's... Eric is also wearing the platform boots, but probably only because he's taking a bow for the audience. I doubt he also played with them!! Two other things you'll notice on this picture is that Eric is wearing a sweat band around each wrist, and that Eric's tattoos has mysteriously disappeared!!! This confused a lot of fans... did Eric have them removed for the tour??? Not so... when Eric toured with Alice Cooper in Europe in May 2001, the tattoos were back where they had always been! They had simply been covered with skin toned tape for the KISS shows! WHY? Well, that is a very good question!!!
Picture C is not actually a photo, but a photomontage by talented artist Mike Rutherford, which shows what could have been: Eric Singer as The Hawk! The Hawk had originally been designed for Eric Carr in 1980, before The Fox came to be... but the original design were clumsy looking, and Eric Carr were extremely unhappy with it! Eric Singer had joked several times, that he would be The Hawk because of his nose, and Mike Rutherford's artwork really shows how this could have been done... it certainly looks far better than Eric as the Catman in my opinion... but what do I know??
The last picture is what Eric Singer looks like today still wearing the Catman makeup

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Eric Carr

http://www.kissfanshop.de/EricCarr/hawk80.jpg
Eric Carr joined in June 1980, and the first job was to find an image for him. At first they came up with The Hawk. Picture A is the original sketch of the make-up (probably by Paul Stanley), while picture B and C are the only known photos of the make-up. Sadly picture B is in black-and-white, while a color version can be seen in the "KISS My Ass" home video!
Picture C shows a slightly different variation of the make-up in full color. You'll have to look carefully to see the differences, but Eric has painted his nose like a beak and those tailfins down his chins are placed differently.
Picture C shows the prototype of the Hawk costume. It would have made Eric look somewhat like a certain character from Sesame Street. KISS: The Demon, The Starchild, The Spaceman, and... Big Bird? I don't think so!!
Thank God this never happened... Eric would have looked ridiculous.

http://www.kissfanshop.de/EricCarr/make-upEric.jpg
According to the legend Eric came up with The Fox in the last minute (to avoid being called Big Bird, presumably). Picture E and F shows two variations of the original make-up in close-up, which was only used for one show (the New York Palladium show in June 1980). Picture E is one of the earliest photos, which shows all details of the make-up. Picture F is almost the same make-up, this time in color. The only difference between the two is the way he painted the mouth (as far as I can see).
As you can see Eric had painted an area around each eye brown, and the tip of the nose were painted gold. The entire mask was outlined with silver.
By the time KISS arrived in Europe for their tour, in late August, the make-up had changed to the one seen in picture G. The silver outline was gone, and so was the golden nose tip. Instead the area around the nostrils were painted silver, and a large white area had appeared on the brink of the nose. Many of the photos in the tour book for that tour, was of Eric with the original version of the make-up, and had to be retouched to bring them "up-to-date"!
Another small change came in late 1982, when Eric dropped the little sneer at the edges of the mouth (picture H). This was just for a while though, as some picture with Vinnie had Eric in the "sneer" make-up!
It's difficult to find pictures that shows the full make-up, because of Eric's enormous hair do!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Vinnie vincent
http://www.kissfanshop.de/VinnieVincent/make-upVinnie.jpg
Vinnie's make-up was designed by Paul Stanley, and continued the mystic theme of the costume. It was a golden ankh (an ancient Egyptian cross) across Vinnie's forehead, and down the bridge of his nose. Black make-up around the eyes, and black lipstick completed the most short-lived make-up in the history of KISS (aside from Eric's Hawk and Paul's Bandit make-up, that is). In Kiss the last time he wore the make-up was at the Brazilian shows in 1983. He did put back on the make-up for 2 unofficial Kiss-Expos in March 1996 in Atlanta, GA (USA) and Stockholm, Sweden (see B/W-picture from Stockholm of him with a Tribute band on stage). As soon as Kiss found out, their lawyers stopped him to appear in make-up immediately.

pauadrian
10-07-2011, 10:21 PM
this is scaring the shit out of me i dont care if its kiss stop with the makeup lol

chunkkynutzzz
10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I have been bamboozled

THEKEVINBRAND
10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
this is scaring the shit out of me i dont care if its kiss stop with the makeup lol

you want KISS to stop with the makeup? Have you seen Paul Stanley? I'd rather see him with makeup on! His plastic surgery was a mess!
Here's Paul before and after
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bQ0SqifjNcg/SzJ_DY8zQcI/AAAAAAAALGU/-HmeF6KfK8c/s400/paul-stanley-nose-job.jpg

Here's Paul today, and you may notice that the plastic surgery is starting to sag

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ld/freedom_awards_081110/paul_stanley_3086220.jpg

pauadrian
10-07-2011, 10:47 PM
you want kiss to stop with the makeup? Have you seen paul stanley? I'd rather see him with makeup on! His plastic surgery was a mess!
Here's paul before and after
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bq0sqifjncg/szj_dy8zqci/aaaaaaaalgu/-hmef6kfk8c/s400/paul-stanley-nose-job.jpg

here's paul today, and you may notice that the plastic surgery is starting to sag

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ld/freedom_awards_081110/paul_stanley_3086220.jpg

put the makeup on

THEKEVINBRAND
10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
put the makeup on

told you you'd change your mind lol

THEKEVINBRAND
10-10-2011, 01:15 AM
KISS surpassed 5 million like on Facebook recently!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/KISS

THEKEVINBRAND
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm interested in seeing this!

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2011/10/10/harlow-kiss-inc-brand.cnn

Tomsta666
10-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Anyone remember this...

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1184364921-00.jpg

Or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zua0LWe99M

THEKEVINBRAND
10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Anyone remember this...

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1184364921-00.jpg

Or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zua0LWe99M

I remember playing this, and I remember when you collected the KISS letters you got a concert!! And the bonus videos come from KISS Symphony

pauadrian
10-15-2011, 06:42 PM
well kissmania and highway to hell are coming to my town
to give an
AC DC and KISS tribute concert

THEKEVINBRAND
10-15-2011, 09:42 PM
well kissmania and highway to hell are coming to my town
to give an
AC DC and KISS tribute concert

awesome!!!!!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM
those who are huge KISS fans, the Kruise featured a completely different setlist than what the fans are used to on tour:

I Stole Your Love
Getaway
Room Service
Two Timer
Comin' Home
Strutter
Nothin' to Lose
Love Her All I Can
All The Way
She
Take Me
Goin' Blind
Parasite
Rock Bottom
C'mon and Love Me
Got to Choose
Lick it Up
Shout it Out Loud
Hard Luck Woman
Beth
Detroit Rock City
Rock And Roll All Nite

THEKEVINBRAND
10-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Guess who else appreciates KISS like we do

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294367_285378978149344_127193600634550_1013418_869 802767_n.jpg

VanHooliganX
10-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Thought a few people with Xboxs would like to know.

You can dress your avatars as Kiss members now.

THEKEVINBRAND
10-21-2011, 02:49 PM

I saw that, it's so cool but i have PS3

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM

AWESOME!!! Do you have to pay for that or is it free?

pauadrian
10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
AWESOME!!! Do you have to pay for that or is it free?

you pay with microsoft points

Tomsta666
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM

lulz, I saw this today! I was like...

" I wanna rock'n'roll all night, and party every day!! "

But then I was like " I don't have any microsoft points, oh wells "

:p :cool:

Rich Cranium
10-21-2011, 04:29 PM
lulz, I saw this today! I was like...

" I wanna rock'n'roll all night, and party every day!! "

But then I was like " I don't have any microsoft points, oh wells "

:p :cool:

You can paypal me some money and I'll be happy to get you those points.

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 04:30 PM
You can paypal me some money and I'll be happy to get you those points.

You're not a Nigerian prince by any chance, are you?

Tomsta666
10-21-2011, 04:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTFauI8INY&feature=related

Necroyeti
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/umsN2.jpg

Tomsta666
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Lol necroyeti

king of the random jpeg!!!

K2Jelly
10-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Thank you, NY.

Now Paranormal Activity 3 won't look so scary anymore.

pauadrian
10-22-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVqGUicPQE&feature=related

Rich Cranium
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZVqGUicPQE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wujm7C3MBec&feature=related

pauadrian
10-22-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wujm7C3MBec&feature=related

wow he is good lmao

THEKEVINBRAND
10-24-2011, 10:46 AM
This thread has gone left people, Axl Rose is fat and that is all lol

THEKEVINBRAND
01-08-2012, 10:39 AM
There have been rumors going around that KISS and Mötley Crüe are going to tour together in support of KISS's new album Monster set to be released sometime this year

THEKEVINBRAND
03-03-2012, 12:48 AM
KISS is opening a new venture called KISS Monster Mini Golf in Las Vegas.
http://www.monsterminigolf.com/kiss/banner_files/slides/s3.jpg

Here are some pictures:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/421589_336309009745543_100000993409057_970181_3571 84905_n.jpg

General Opening Day Information and Itinerary:
we are adding to this daily. Please check back oftenhttp://www.monsterminigolf.com/kiss/images/marker.jpg 1:00pm ~ The party kick's off in our parking lot with a day of FREE events featuring the WINNER of the World's Best KISS Tribute Band Contest: "Mr. Speed" performing live throughout the day!Live Radio Broadcast from KOMP Vegas Rock Radio where you can win FREE tickets for KISS By Monster Mini Golf throughout the day and lots of great prizes!Face painters, games, food and fun all day!http://www.monsterminigolf.com/kiss/images/marker.jpg 3:00pm ~ Great opportunity to watch the first Wedding couple and their guests arrive in Rock Star Fashion as they enter KISS by Monster Mini Golf for the 1st ever KISS "Hotter Than Hell" wedding! Then, watch the wedding live from our parking lot via video broadcast!http://www.monsterminigolf.com/kiss/images/marker.jpg 5:00pm ~ The Red Carpet Walk begins! (actually we have a Black Carpet, as this is a Rockin' establishment!) Yes, we're talking Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and lots of other star studded surprises!http://www.monsterminigolf.com/kiss/images/marker.jpg 5:00 - 7:00pm ~ VIP Cocktail Party! (For VIP Ticket Holders Only) Chat, eat and drink while you rub shoulders with VIP and stars all inside KISS by Monster Mini Golf with free golfing and swag bags for all VIP's.http://www.monsterminigolf.com/kiss/images/marker.jpg 7:00pm ~ Doors open to the public!http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425537_306257719438525_157331130997852_876340_1888 084412_n.jpg
4501 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169
(Across from the Hard Rock Hotel, next to Rumor)
Open 7 Days a week. 10AM - 2AM
Grand Opening Date:
March 15, 2012

SouthernBlood
12-12-2012, 05:54 PM
....Anyways....

AshleyPunk
12-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Since when was this thread here! :eek:

SouthernBlood
12-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Since when was this thread here! :eek:

I have just been certified as a Necromancer actually...

AshleyPunk
12-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I have just been certified as a Necromancer actually...

Wow, congrats lol

SouthernBlood
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Wow, congrats lol

Of course,much obliged for the congratulations...If You need help raising the dead let me know.

AshleyPunk
12-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Of course,much obliged for the thanks...If You need help raising the dead let me know.

You know, not looking to right now, in future, will do lol

SouthernBlood
12-12-2012, 10:16 PM
You know where and how to find me,miss...

Dr Love is the only thing worth mentioning of KISS,lol.