PDA

View Full Version : 'Former "jobber" Lance Storm'

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Who writes this? Whoever it is, obviously, only has a real knowledge of WWE. He was one of the top stars of ECW and WCW during the 90s and early 21st century. For Christ's sake. To quote someone on this forum, U MAD?

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 10:29 AM
*bumpity bumpity*

The Welsh Warrior
10-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Totally agree with u, Lance Storm is one of the most underrated and underappreciated wrestlers ever. His match with edge at Summerslam proves that.

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Totally agree with u, Lance Storm is one of the most unserrated and underappreciated wrestlers ever. His match with edge at Summerslam proves that.

Someone with sense! That match was a classic, two of my all time favourite wrestlers :)

The feuds between Filthy Animals and Team Canada in WCW were brilliant, too. Great memories for me. If I was to have a "top 10 matches" list, at least four of them would involve Storm.

Also, the only WCW wreslter to hold three belts at once. Some jobber.

NightWolf
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I hated it when he was slammed with that 'I am not boring' gimmick during his wwe run, and did a bunch of silly dances like he belonged to the TOO COOL stable.

The Welsh Warrior
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I think most people who call Storm a jobber are mainly talkin about his "boring" gimmick in 2004. For me Lance Storm was a fantastic wrestler and should be recognised as one of the best technically gifted wretlers

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I think most people who call Storm a jobber are mainly talkin about his "boring" gimmick in 2004. For me Lance Storm was a fantastic wrestler and should be recognised as one of the best technically gifted wretlers

So, this website's writers have very limited knowledge of wrestling

The Welsh Warrior
10-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Obviously, its unfair to portay Lance Storm as a jobber. Shame on them!!

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Obviously, its unfair to portay Lance Storm as a jobber. Shame on them!!

During his WWE run he won the IC title, and is a 4 time WWE tag champ. So even if the writer is going by his WWE run, he wasnt exactly a jobber there either

The Welsh Warrior
10-09-2010, 11:32 AM
During his WWE run he won the IC title, and is a 4 time WWE tag champ. So even if the writer is going by his WWE run, he wasnt exactly a jobber there either

Totally agree with u again, the writer clearly holds a grudge of some sought coz its ridiculous how he can say this, 4 time tag champ makes u a jobber. No, poor bookings made Lance Storm a jobber.

el gabo
10-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Ryan does say some stupid things sometimes. I think he's just mad because Lance blasts TNA. You know that Ryan LOVES TNA for some strange reason.

The Welsh Warrior
10-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Shouldn't Ryan keep his mouth shut, Lance was just voicing an opinion on TNA, theres no need to fuckin blast him just for having an opinion.

NightWolf
10-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Ryan is awesome. He pushes the envelop on the 'this is a free country' rule. Even though it is clearly not! I admit he says some things that make me scratch my head I still respect him for providing us with news let it be finger-achingly typed out or copied an then pasted. Some times he is misheard on thos WZRradio things. IMO though.. I absolutely loved Lance Storm in WCW an when he came to WWE the only storyline I remember him having that was actually pretty big was when he, Christian, and Test re-formed The un-americans stable. They had some really big boo's from the audience. Truly a goosebump-giver.

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't think he posts on these forums, which is a shame, I'd like for him to give me an answer on this. It has to be a grudge. Maybe he's anti Canada :p

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Ryan is awesome. He pushes the envelop on the 'this is a free country' rule. Even though it is clearly not! I admit he says some things that make me scratch my head I still respect him for providing us with news let it be finger-achingly typed out or copied an then pasted. Some times he is misheard on thos WZRradio things. IMO though.. I absolutely loved Lance Storm in WCW an when he came to WWE the only storyline I remember him having that was actually pretty big was when he, Christian, and Test re-formed The un-americans stable. They had some really big boo's from the audience. Truly a goosebump-giver.

Good man! Storm and Christian were tag champs as the un-Americans. Great stable

el gabo
10-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't think he posts on these forums, which is a shame, I'd like for him to give me an answer on this. It has to be a grudge. Maybe he's anti Canada :p

I think he's just stupid sometimes and just doesn't like it when people knock on TNA

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I think he's just stupid sometimes and just doesn't like it when people knock on TNA

I like TNA but, hell, there are so many flaws. It's not hard to knock on TNA, really...

shanethewolf
10-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Awesome wrestler, great technician, but a typical example of WWE turning him into a comedy act. If WCW did one thing right, they made the most of Lance Storm. He even had 2 titles at one time only months after his debut.

Splattered-Dreams
10-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Awesome wrestler, great technician, but a typical example of WWE turning him into a comedy act. If WCW did one thing right, they made the most of Lance Storm. He even had 2 titles at one time only months after his debut.

So, is this a case of this Ryan guy having little to no knowlede of anything before 2002? Seems like it.

merhardt03
10-09-2010, 05:01 PM
There was an imposter posing as Ryan yesterday... But I enjoy TNA myself ... Im a WWE fan first and foremost.... However I would not expect everyone to agree with that but most of u r being just as biased as u claim Ryan to be.

Kashdinero
10-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Although I love this site, I don't think Ryan is a very good reporter. His opinions are pretty worthless, as he only ever seems to comment on people he has a personal beef with. If he commented on more of his reports then his opinions would hold more weight. The Billy gunn affair thing was particularly poor, it lacked integrity and definitely showed his true colours in my eyes. Then theres matt hardy who Ryan has a major grudge against for some reason, and he just plays into the hands of the true enigma of the hardy boys (as do most Internet reporters). Then there's the whole blind marking for tna thing, which is hard to do for me as so much of what they do is awful (sorry but its true). Props to him for supporting them though as I'm sure they'll eventually get they're act together and Ryan can tell us he was with them all the way.
Finally, on to ryans latest whipping boy (and the main subject of this thread) lance storm. A man full of class (check out his website), a man with more wrestling knowledge and talent than the vast majority of the wwe roster. A man who never won the big one but was former intercontinental and multiple tag champ, who eventually fell afoul of the wwe booking team for not being very colourful on the mic and was anchored with the boring gimmick just before going into semi retirement. Although he could have been booked stronger in wwe, the term "jobber" is something I would not use when talking about this man at any stage of his career after he got his U.S break in smokey mountain. But as soon as he rightfully points out tna's shortcomings (and there are a hell of a lot guys) he's on ryans shit list! Even though he is complimentary to it's talent and only wants them to succeed.
But clearly Ryan knows better than us "marks".... Clearly .

Splattered-Dreams
10-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Great post, well said..

Kashdinero
10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Thank you. I hate to bash ryan because he does a lot of hard work, be it live ppv feeds or just cutting and pasting. Plus I've been using this site for a long time as there are no pop ups and it's usually a very good one stop source for all things wrestling related. but he definitely got it wrong calling storm a wwe jobber (I've been a fan of his for over 10 years). I hate to bash tna too but it's very hard not to.

Splattered-Dreams
10-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Sill waiting on some kind of 'official' explanation. Unless we've already hit the nail on the head and someone wants this thread ignored :p

Kashdinero
10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Sill waiting on some kind of 'official' explanation. Unless we've already hit the nail on the head and someone wants this thread ignored :p

They never answer.. They only tell us off for daring to question them! How very dare we!!!! Lol

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 12:13 PM
To be fair, dude, we handed our homework in late again..

el gabo
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM

Or he might tell Frank to delete the thread completely.

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
If thats the case, this is hardly a "news" website :D EWO - 'O' standing for opinions

Bodom
10-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Explanation on what?

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Explanation on what?

Why one of the most talented workers I've seen perform is referred to as a "jobber," as if its actually news. I could easily run a site like this and call Rey Mysterio a jobber, because I personally don't like waching his matches or value his opinions, but I don't intend to..

Bodom
10-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Why one of the most talented workers I've seen perform is referred to as a "jobber," as if its actually news. I could easily run a site like this and call Rey Mysterio a jobber, because I personally don't like waching his matches or value his opinions, but I don't intend to..

If I remember correctly what you're referring too, the guy that made that post was a troll, so yeah. As far as Storm ever being referred to as a jobber on the main page, it's a C & P site dude. Don't waste your time getting riled up over it, it's not worth it. I just ignore it

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
If I remember correctly what you're referring too, the guy that made that post was a troll, so yeah. As far as Storm ever being referred to as a jobber on the main page, it's a C & P site dude. Don't waste your time getting riled up over it, it's not worth it. I just ignore it

Is that true? I was always under the impression that he writes the articles himself, based on stories he's read/heard

Bodom
10-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Is that true? I was always under the impression that he writes the articles himself, based on stories he's read/heard

Some words may be changed, but in a nutshell, yes

Ruggy
10-13-2010, 04:24 PM
He was a great worker.

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Some words may be changed, but in a nutshell, yes

And in this case he added the word "jobber" to Lance's news. I didn't read the jobber thing on any other site!!:p

Bodom
10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
And in this case he added the word "jobber" to Lance's news. I didn't read the jobber thing on any other site!!:p

That's because real news site's know better.

Splattered-Dreams
10-14-2010, 11:04 AM
That's because real news site's know better.

Haha, there should be some kind of disclaimer :D