PDA

View Full Version : Hogan's "Bombshell"

LuckIsForLosers
09-26-2011, 05:49 AM
So this thread is about TNA after Hogan - yes Y2JRyder and others, this IS "another freaking thread on this damn subject?!"...thought I'd say that in advance so you don't have to post the same reply again ;)

I can't help but think Hogan's "Bombshell" is that he'll retire if he loses to Sting - perhaps I'm wrong - due to TNA spoilers, I'm sure people know the answer, but please, no spoilers:)

Whether he goes or not, what do you think TNA will be like after Hogan/Bischoff? Will it be better or worse and WHY? Which superstars do you think will leave and why? Will other superstars get a push as a result?

I don't often subscribe to popular/IWC opinion when it comes to wrestling - I try not to look at the wrestler's kayfabe 'character' and be objective. I don't like Cena - yes, his boring character/title reigns add to that, but I have other more tangible and 'real' reasons (another story for another time). In addition to that, one popular opinion I DO subscribe to is that Hogan/Bischoff, overall, aren't positive for TNA. I supported them initially on the grounds of some of the talent they brought in (Nasty Boys notwithstanding). I thought the Immortal turn, as predictable and WCW-ish as it was, was quite entertaining and didn't see Jeff Hardy joining them and LIKED heel Jeff (not their fault he's a user).

But I think they've dissected TNA and the bits they have cut out are the bits we watched it for. E.g. I first saw a TNA show when I was in holiday in Thailand, advertised as "wrestling" - I thought it was going to be WWE when I saw the TV guide but was disappointed. But AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Christian Cage etc kept me watching period. The action, X Division, great WRESTLING, 6 sided ring, it captivated me. The very reasons we watched TNA are now gone.

But what do you all think?

monctonvike
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM
..I think it will all lead up to bfg

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
So this thread is about TNA after Hogan - yes Y2JRyder and others, this IS "another freaking thread on this damn subject?!"...thought I'd say that in advance so you don't have to post the same reply again ;)

I can't help but think Hogan's "Bombshell" is that he'll retire if he loses to Sting - perhaps I'm wrong - due to TNA spoilers, I'm sure people know the answer, but please, no spoilers:)

Whether he goes or not, what do you think TNA will be like after Hogan/Bischoff? Will it be better or worse and WHY? Which superstars do you think will leave and why? Will other superstars get a push as a result?

I don't often subscribe to popular/IWC opinion when it comes to wrestling - I try not to look at the wrestler's kayfabe 'character' and be objective. I don't like Cena - yes, his boring character/title reigns add to that, but I have other more tangible and 'real' reasons (another story for another time). In addition to that, one popular opinion I DO subscribe to is that Hogan/Bischoff, overall, aren't positive for TNA. I supported them initially on the grounds of some of the talent they brought in (Nasty Boys notwithstanding). I thought the Immortal turn, as predictable and WCW-ish as it was, was quite entertaining and didn't see Jeff Hardy joining them and LIKED heel Jeff (not their fault he's a user).

But I think they've dissected TNA and the bits they have cut out are the bits we watched it for. E.g. I first saw a TNA show when I was in holiday in Thailand, advertised as "wrestling" - I thought it was going to be WWE when I saw the TV guide but was disappointed. But AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Christian Cage etc kept me watching period. The action, X Division, great WRESTLING, 6 sided ring, it captivated me. The very reasons we watched TNA are now gone.

But what do you all think?

Actually, Hogan wasn't the problem and neither was Bischoff I rather see Dixie hire a new set of writers rather than have Russo write, he's burnt out and we see it every week! Like Ric Flair said, Russo is secretly working for McMahon to ruin TNA, and I think Flair is right, but that's only my theory!

jordan1995
09-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Actually, Hogan wasn't the problem and neither was Bischoff I rather see Dixie hire a new set of writers rather than have Russo write, he's burnt out and we see it every week! Like Ric Flair said, Russo is secretly working for McMahon to ruin TNA, and I think Flair is right, but that's only my theory!

conspiracy !!!! i hear r truth calling

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
conspiracy !!!! i hear r truth calling

Watch the video and skip to around 9:30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-rJZQzAG-Q

jordan1995
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM

woooahh thats interesting shit we got there...do u believe him ?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 11:18 AM
woooahh thats interesting shit we got there...do u believe him ?

It`s believable! I think Russo is really working for McMahon

jordan1995
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
It`s believable! I think Russo is really working for McMahon

well it would make a lot of sense with the shit 1.2...1.1 ratings but somebody would have found out by now

LuckIsForLosers
09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Wow, interesting...whether true or not, to a degree I agree - writers are very responsible for the show's product and Russo is a suspect guy. At the same time though, Russo was there before the current regime, no?

So what is it that has got people saying the Hogan Bischoff regime has damaged TNA? The displacing of TNA's former top guys such as Styles and Joe? The repeating of angles/old angles? Certain decisions? The clustering of the mid-main event card with older guys who are no longer as exciting in the ring or even the mic?

Or do you think the regime have done good? Bringing in talent like Elijah, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Mr Anderson etc?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
well it would make a lot of sense with the shit 1.2...1.1 ratings but somebody would have found out by now

it`s been my theory for years now

Tay Moran
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM

was flair drunk? because he sounds pretty retarded.

Tay Moran
09-26-2011, 02:43 PM

kiltbill
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Pulease! If Vince had given Russo the job of writing the dumbest stuff he could think of, TNA would be beating WWE in the rating by now. It's when you give Russo permission to come up with his 'best work' that your in trouble.

If you could keep in Bish as an on screen General Manager, and Hogan as the media's spokesman (press releases, etc), they could still be usefull. But in there current positions, they distract from the wrestling and confuse the storylines.
P.S: the retirment matches have lost all credibilty these days, so yet another reason why this Sting v Hogan feud is a waste of time and money for TNA.

AOF666
09-26-2011, 04:04 PM
To play devils advocate, did you think it was really Russo's idea to bring back NWO?

THEKEVINBRAND
09-27-2011, 12:41 AM

drunk, maybe.. retarded never!

BlazersDozen
09-27-2011, 03:39 AM
I believe Hogan's contract is up in December but I think 2012 is going to be the best year so far for TNA.

I view the past couple years as hitting rock bottom for TNA & I view Robert Roode probably winning the title at BFG the turn around.

I think Flair & a few others like Steiner (older guys) will follow Hogan out of the company within the year of 2012. Bischoff has been given more power recently by Spike TV but we don't know to which extent but I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust Russo.

TNA needs to finally pull their heads out & realize that the majority of their fans are apart of the IWC & they would gain more viewers by pushing the right guys who have talent & have youth. I think this will happen in 2012 & I see Roode as a sign of them going that direction because they could've easily had Ray or RVD win the BFG series & compete for the title.

Also, the end of Hogan marks the end of Immortal. A storyline that has taken up half of every show & has been stale months ago. They don't use any new guys in this stable besides Gunner & the only TNA Original is Abyss, who they made look VERY weak. So death to Immortal opens more time for the young guys.

I'm just rambling but I've been saying these things for the past few weeks so I don't feel like making a detailed organized post.

VanHooliganX
09-27-2011, 03:58 AM

That was awesome to listen to. Good lord Ric. I think you've had to many blades to the head!

Reichwulf
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM

why don't they just fire the guy? He is horrible at being a creative writer.