PDA

View Full Version : Just watched my first ever ROH show

kersh
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
no showings in the uk so had to wait a day for some nice person to post it online.

well worth the wait. and like the look of the shows with the small crowds looking forward to next week.

one question though.
Whats with the streamers?

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-25-2011, 04:25 PM
no showings in the uk so had to wait a day for some nice person to post it online.

well worth the wait. and like the look of the shows with the small crowds looking forward to next week.

one question though.
Whats with the streamers?

Last night was also my first time watching RoH and I was wondering the same thing. Do people bring the streamers or do they hand them out before the show? But it was fucking awesome and I was so happy to finally be able to see the Worlds/Wrestlings Greatest Tag Team back together and with titles!!!!!

Dubs
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
IMO, their first episode wasn't that good but it was their first episode so i'll cut them some slack. I too love how their shows are set up. It isn't flashy like WWE's which is why I like the setting of their shows.

Necroyeti
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Way too much recaps for my liking, but I suppose that was for the benefit of the new fans.

Typically great Futureshock match, carrying the greener Bravados to a *** match

WGTT vs. KOW was kinda underwhelming since they've had tons of great ****+ matches together, but still around the three snowflake mark. It's good to see them putting their tag division on display like this, since it's by far the best thing going for them at the moment.

LMAO at Kevin Kelly "voice of ROH". Would rather have Prazak or Cornette tbh.

Nige is pretty good at doing commentary, plenty of room for improvement though.

Production kinda sucks as a whole, but it's not overly offensive. It's not like they have a rich mommy and daddy like that place in Florida.

MILES better than the HDNet show so far, anyhow.

Iron Ape
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM
I think the best thing about the episode was that no one thing stuck out to me as being offensively bad. It was just a nice range of mediocre to pretty good.

pauadrian
09-25-2011, 07:55 PM
i think they could have fit another match in there

Reichwulf
09-25-2011, 07:57 PM
i was wondering about the streamers too, do they do those all the time? Or was it just for their first show?

pauadrian
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM
i was wondering about the streamers too, do they do those all the time? Or was it just for their first show?

they did streamers when punk left

Necroyeti
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
They throw streamers at guys they like. They do it all the time. They borrowed the idea from Japanese wrestling.

buzzkillington
09-25-2011, 08:13 PM
The streamers are a tradition borrowed from Japan. I think it adds a degree of uniqueness for a US promotion, and its definitely something ROH silently encourages. I have to wait for Thursday to see the show online, but from what I hear the first episodes will lead up to a near hour long Davey Richards v Roderick Strong which, if the hype is to be believed, will blow people away. So while if the Kings and WGTT did underperform, perhaps it was intentional.

Necroyeti
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Speaking of streamers, ROHbots have been known to throw TP at guys they don't like.

Especially Jimmy Rave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Hb1uXAK6M
1:09 for lulz

buzzkillington
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Speaking of streamers, ROHbots have been known to throw TP at guys they don't like.

Especially Jimmy Rave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Hb1uXAK6M
1:09 for lulz

Nothing will ever beat the heat Jimmy Rave had during the Embassy's first run. But didn't ROH ban TP throwing after some jackass hit a chandelier with a roll and a couple of guys had to wrestle in broken glass?

Dubs
09-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Way too much recaps for my liking, but I suppose that was for the benefit of the new fans.

Typically great Futureshock match, carrying the greener Bravados to a *** match

WGTT vs. KOW was kinda underwhelming since they've had tons of great ****+ matches together, but still around the three snowflake mark. It's good to see them putting their tag division on display like this, since it's by far the best thing going for them at the moment.

LMAO at Kevin Kelly "voice of ROH". Would rather have Prazak or Cornette tbh.

Nige is pretty good at doing commentary, plenty of room for improvement though.

Production kinda sucks as a whole, but it's not overly offensive. It's not like they have a rich mommy and daddy like that place in Florida.

MILES better than the HDNet show so far, anyhow.

Agreed. Plus, recapping the Best in the World show took up 10% of the show. The matches were good. I was kinda dissapointed with the TWGT vs KOW match aswell but it was still a good tag team match.

pauadrian
09-25-2011, 09:29 PM
The streamers are a tradition borrowed from Japan. I think it adds a degree of uniqueness for a US promotion, and its definitely something ROH silently encourages. I have to wait for Thursday to see the show online, but from what I hear the first episodes will lead up to a near hour long Davey Richards v Roderick Strong which, if the hype is to be believed, will blow people away. So while if the Kings and WGTT did underperform, perhaps it was intentional.

youtube is already havin roh

buzzkillington
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
youtube is already havin roh

Yeah, I figured it would. I'd rather wait though. I don't think its fair to cheat a small company out of its revenue stream (in this case, advertising dollars), and I'd rather support ROH the "right way".

HCollins-TNA1
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm hoping not ever show is the same at least have 3 or 4 matches per show they should.... no more or at least 10 to 15 minutes per match.... still waiting to watch it 2 and half hours away....

pauadrian
09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm hoping not ever show is the same at least have 3 or 4 matches per show they should.... no more or at least 10 to 15 minutes per match.... still waiting to watch it 2 and half hours away....

yeah i want a 2 hour ring of honor with 4 matchesi dont care if they are long

THEKEVINBRAND
09-25-2011, 10:24 PM
sorry but I could've passed on kevin kelly's commentary

buzzkillington
09-25-2011, 11:39 PM
sorry but I could've passed on kevin kelly's commentary

I felt the same about Hogewood's commentary on HDnet. But it grew on me. Besides, there were far worse alternatives.
http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b0147e0f0d9a8970b-800wi

HCollins-TNA1
09-26-2011, 02:04 AM
2 pretty good matches.... showed the mix of wrestling styles ROH is known for...... 1 hour isn't enough for them hope they do good and other networks decide to look at them and they get a better TV deal....

BlazersDozen
09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
RoH had all the videos removed from YouTube :(

Robareid
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM
I managed to catch one before it got taken off at about 6am this morning (UK Time)

BlazersDozen
09-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I saw them on YouTube at work but I couldn't watch cuz I was at work. I woke up after sleeping & they were gone.

therockiswwf
09-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I don't get why they had two promo packages that (I think) were about the same exact thing. I wasn't paying too much attention to the show (did HW during it)

Tyler Durden
09-30-2011, 03:13 AM
glad to hear ROH had another fan.

BlazersDozen
09-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Just watched on their site. Was it really only 2 matches? Couldn't they have taken all that wasted time & put another match or a promo? Wtf

KJ PUNK
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Just watched on their site. Was it really only 2 matches? Couldn't they have taken all that wasted time & put another match or a promo? Wtf

I think they were just trying to intiate the new fans to thte product. I figure every other show will have 3 matches. Or possibly even 2 20min matches.

Robareid
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
This week will only have two matches again, and so will one of the two programs after that. So out of the first 4 shows, 3 will have two matches each, with the other having 3

eboy
09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
This week will only have two matches again, and so will one of the two programs after that. So out of the first 4 shows, 3 will have two matches each, with the other having 3

as a Newcomer i say it did the Job for me i already feel introduced to the product and am getting to know the characters so all good ROH keep it up

THEKEVINBRAND
09-30-2011, 02:29 PM
I felt the same about Hogewood's commentary on HDnet. But it grew on me. Besides, there were far worse alternatives.
http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b0147e0f0d9a8970b-800wi

oh i agree with that! But this guy made Don West look like a professioonal
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iNFWx2VOxkY/TK4i7yu4N6I/AAAAAAAAAIw/bi7kyCl6pG4/s1600/adamle.jpg

BlazersDozen
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I just wish they did something besides two tag matches. KOW, Bravados & Adam Cole/Kyle O'Reily put WGTT to shame.

Kyle O'Reily is thee truth

Super Kicked
10-02-2011, 01:10 AM
I also just watched my first ROH match the other night. I was flipping through channels and didn't expect to see Shelton Benjamin come across my tv screen, but there he was. I got to see WGTT vs KoW. I really don't like to be negative but the match started really slow and I kept waiting for it to pick up.
Regardless I never did much youtube digging to watch ROH matches so I was very excited to see this, and I can't wait for next Thurs to watch some more.