PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain

The Brown One
09-25-2011, 04:59 AM
I know this has been brought up in the past, but I just couldn't find the thread(s) for it.

Why have the past 2 Smackdowns had such a low attendance?

I heard that only 2000 - 3000 people showed up for an arena that holds 12,000. Plus when I watched Smackdown tonight, most of the arena was blackened when they panned over it.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-25-2011, 05:11 AM
I know this has been brought up in the past, but I just couldn't find the thread(s) for it.

Why have the past 2 Smackdowns had such a low attendance?

I heard that only 2000 - 3000 people showed up for an arena that holds 12,000. Plus when I watched Smackdown tonight, most of the arena was blackened when they panned over it.

Supposedly the areas they've been at recently, they're known for low attendeance but this has been lower than usual. Usually 4,000 to 6,000 show up. THE 'E said attendance was so low this time around that they don't even want to talk about it.

In all honesty, I thought they would have chopped and screwed the show to make it look more filled.

monctonvike
09-25-2011, 06:35 AM
maybe they should consider filming smackdown on the weekend. My wife would give me grief if I took my 6 year old to a westling show on a tuesday night until like 10 o'clock

Yano88
09-25-2011, 07:15 AM
with Mark Henry as Champion that is what you got...

Y2Jryder
09-25-2011, 07:29 AM
People don't like blue anymore

jelle1809
09-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Like CM Punk would say, "they should make it fun agian" :P

The_Awesome_One
09-25-2011, 08:00 AM
No Cena hence no children want to be taken by their parents.

CM_SUXX_NOT
09-25-2011, 08:15 AM
valid argument!

jordan1995
09-25-2011, 08:20 AM

you should be banned for this comment lol

jordan1995
09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
People don't like blue anymore

if we had a like button i would have liked this

Russo swerve
09-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Its because nobody wants to see zack ryder

pupi28
09-25-2011, 09:30 AM
all i can say to that are you serious bro !!!!!

SESAfro
09-25-2011, 09:35 AM
maybe they should consider filming smackdown on the weekend. My wife would give me grief if I took my 6 year old to a westling show on a tuesday night until like 10 o'clock
The only answer that made sense.

Russo swerve
09-25-2011, 09:57 AM
all i can say to that are you serious bro !!!!!

Please tell me your a young kid

Y2Jryder
09-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Its because nobody wants to see zack ryder
Ryder=Ratings you know it bro^^

Russo swerve
09-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Ryder=Ratings you know it bro^^

Ryder=joke

Siracul
09-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Maybe it's just me but... If I was watching both my favorite RAW & SmackDown! superstars on one show (RAW Supershow) why would I go to watch a SmackDown! only show where I have to pay money again to watch the same people again ?
Let's face it the people who get air time on SmackDown! are almost always on RAW as well.
As I said maybe it's just me, also SmackDown! used to have the better wrestling over RAW, now I think the two are the same.

Y2Jryder
09-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Ryder=joke
He's still awesome:D

bladesyGTS
09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Ryder=joke

Ryder = Entertainment
much rather watch a minute of Ryder over an hour of Cena!

Siracul
09-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Ryder = Entertainment
much rather watch a minute of Ryder over an hour of Cena!

Ryder's got personality, creativity & charisma but he still hasn't impressed me in the ring to make me a fan of his work.
I have to say though Episode 32 of Z! True Long Island Story is my favorite by far :D

AOF666
09-25-2011, 10:34 AM

Actually Orton was champion the first time around, check your facts!

KJ PUNK
09-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Maybe it's just me but... If I was watching both my favorite RAW & SmackDown! superstars on one show (RAW Supershow) why would I go to watch a SmackDown! only show where I have to pay money again to watch the same people again ?
Let's face it the people who get air time on SmackDown! are almost always on RAW as well.
As I said maybe it's just me, also SmackDown! used to have the better wrestling over RAW, now I think the two are the same.

That's a good point. Maybe the Raw Supershow is killing Smackdown's attendance. It also doesn't help that they don't treat them as brands anymore. Now they go back and forth with special appearances (even before the Supershow) and wrestlers jump shows for no reason. I liked it much more when the only way a wrestler switched shows was when he was drafted or traded. I think not having Raw a GM has sort of lessened this idea.

Yano88
09-25-2011, 10:36 AM

Still haven't met a single long time fan of Mark Henry... It's just that now WWE has given the title to him (Something that fans never expected to see) and now is trending to be fan of Mark Henry... Thats'all. He does not even have his own merchandise as far as I know...

Hope he gets out from the main title scene very quickly...

The KANEROONIE!!!
09-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Still haven't met a single long time fan of Mark Henry... It's just that now WWE has given the title to him (Something that fans never expected to see) and now is trending to be fan of Mark Henry... Thats'all. He does not even have his own merchandise as far as I know...

I've been a fan of Mark Henry for like, say, ever since he dropped the Sexual Chocolate gimmick. He's always been one of my favorite big guys, just below the likes of Taker, Kane, Umaga, Show, Vader, and Abyss. Though, given, he's not on the performance level of these guys, but just because he's not a quick guy doesn't mean he's not talented. He's one of the most believable guys out there. He's huge, and he's the strongest guy in the WWE. If he beats the crap out of someone, you're gonna believe it. As much as I like Orton (especially considering that he's a "hometown hero" of sorts in my case), Henry DESERVED that title win.

jordan1995
09-25-2011, 11:03 AM

well i for one have liked henry since his nation of domination days and his sexual choclolate gimmick ..and his push in 2005-6 was awesome as well and at the minute im happy with him as world champ

johnnydropkicks
09-25-2011, 01:23 PM
yeah I didn't like Henry at all before this. pretty lame really. but now I'm really stoked to see where this heads.

I gotta say they have to do something about the attendance. it cna't be around that there's only 3000 or so people at the show.

King Scrapper
09-25-2011, 01:29 PM

I agree completely.

Yano88
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree completely.

I'll see what happens before... me getting banned or people getting bored with Henry and forget him the day after he loses the title...

Not too much ago (when Henry won the battle royal to become n1 contender) everybody here were in -facepalming mode-.

Coherence is not a quality around here...

68wPayne
09-25-2011, 02:21 PM
I like Henry as Champ, and it'll be better if he has an underdog challenger, like Daniel Bryan. People go nuts for a David and Goliath storyline

pauadrian
09-25-2011, 02:30 PM
raw and smackdown are so much alike
i dont even watch smackdown anymore
my wrestling schedule
monday:raw
sunday:roh

DonzelDomination
09-25-2011, 06:09 PM

That's stupid....

DonzelDomination
09-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I've been a fan of Mark Henry for like, say, ever since he dropped the Sexual Chocolate gimmick. He's always been one of my favorite big guys, just below the likes of Taker, Kane, Umaga, Show, Vader, and Abyss. Though, given, he's not on the performance level of these guys, but just because he's not a quick guy doesn't mean he's not talented. He's one of the most believable guys out there. He's huge, and he's the strongest guy in the WWE. If he beats the crap out of someone, you're gonna believe it. As much as I like Orton (especially considering that he's a "hometown hero" of sorts in my case), Henry DESERVED that title win.

Mark Henry is awesome

Reichwulf
09-25-2011, 06:16 PM
That's stupid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9S3zQx_2k

THEKEVINBRAND
09-25-2011, 06:34 PM
All I have to say about this is McMahon is the one to blame for this, he approved the idea of making Raw a supershow because of the lacking ratings on TV, but now SD is getting affected by it with their low attendance

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Make Smackdown a live show, and I bet attendance and ratings go up.

Reichwulf
09-25-2011, 06:50 PM
To be honest if smackdown went live on fridays. It would get the ratings in attendance + on tv

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Smackdown live = ratings up.

Simple maths.

Rich Cranium
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Smackdown live = ratings up.

Simple maths.

True because we wouldn't have any spoilers.

Off topic: Love your name! You must be smooth! :)

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 07:04 PM
True because we wouldn't have any spoilers.

Off topic: Love your name! You must be smooth! :)

Exactly. I don't see why WWE can't see that.
And thanks. I want to appear on a live Smackdown sometime.

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Exactly. I don't see why WWE can't see that.
And thanks. I want to appear on a live Smackdown sometime.

You're supposed to say "Always" to that not "Exactly".

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM
You're supposed to say "Always" to that not "Exactly".

Haha! I don't think it would have made sense in that context!

The Brown One
09-25-2011, 07:50 PM
That's a good point. Maybe the Raw Supershow is killing Smackdown's attendance. It also doesn't help that they don't treat them as brands anymore. Now they go back and forth with special appearances (even before the Supershow) and wrestlers jump shows for no reason. I liked it much more when the only way a wrestler switched shows was when he was drafted or traded. I think not having Raw a GM has sort of lessened this idea.

This one made a lot of sense. I heard people were really excited that the brand split was supposedly ending, but I actually like the brand split. Maybe fans have gotten used to seeing different people on different brands, so why would they pay to see Christian or Sheamus on both brands doing almost the same thing? I really hope the attendance numbers improve soon.

wrestlingfan66513
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM

Some of it is still better but the draft this year caused Smackdown to lose a lot of great talent + edge retired.

the wrestling shade
09-25-2011, 11:38 PM
but from what i understood is that their raitings are high right?

johnnydropkicks
09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
but from what i understood is that their raitings are high right?

from what WWE tells you you mean. they were doing ok while edge was around. but recently they dropped off. they went from 2.4 or something to 1.9

VanHooliganX
09-25-2011, 11:56 PM
if we had a like button i would have liked this

If we had a retweet button i'd retweet it.

Oh, I guess we do! :D

#pointlesspost