PDA

View Full Version : Space Junk?

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Source: http://www.space.com/9708-worst-space-debris-events-time.html

The space around Earth is a crowded space packed with nearly 22,000 spent rocket stages, dead or dying satellites and countless crumbs of human-made orbital flotsam. An average of one object has reentered Earth's atmosphere every day.

With the satellite that fell from Space last night, what do you think about the fact that there are so many defunct space projects hovering around out there? Is this all going to be devastating for the Earth's atmosphere? Are you worried? Are you concerned at all?

Leggo
09-24-2011, 01:34 PM
I heard a report on the radio mate yesterday. They said that the chances of being hit by a falling piece of satellite was 3000-1!

Now, I think those odds are pretty short tbh.

K2Jelly
09-24-2011, 01:43 PM
This is the first I've heard of it.

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I heard a report on the radio mate yesterday. They said that the chances of being hit by a falling piece of satellite was 3000-1!

Now, I think those odds are pretty short tbh.

There was a point yesterday that NASA had no idea what time and where the satellite would enter the atmosphere. They said no one should get hurt even though one of the falling pieces could be up to 300 pounds. I don't know about you, but something up to 300 pounds falling from the sky doesn't fit in the 'will not hurt you' category. Were we suppose to waves our arms to scare it away?

Leggo
09-24-2011, 01:53 PM
There was a point yesterday that NASA had no idea what time and where the satellite would enter the atmosphere. They said no one should get hurt even though one of the falling pieces could be up to 300 pounds. I don't know about you, but something up to 300 pounds falling from the sky doesn't fit in the 'will not hurt you' category. Were we suppose to waves our arms to scare it away?

I'm a bit behind with all the facts bruv. But what I have heard is fookin laughable!

300lbs landing is gonna make a dent in something! Lol

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 01:58 PM
This is the first I've heard of it.

Go to the link young Padawan! Your destiny awaits.

68wPayne
09-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Dibs on taking all that shit to the scrap yard

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Dibs on taking all that shit to the scrap yard

Lol, a Jetsons Garbage Space truck?

68wPayne
09-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Lol, a Jetsons Garbage Space truck?

whatever works, a trailer on a pickup works pretty good too lol. It'd just take several trips

VanHooliganX
09-26-2011, 12:38 AM

Wait, isn't Sheamus around 300 pounds.
Good god! I really don't want to imagine something as heavy as Sheamus hitting me.

Rich Cranium
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Wait, isn't Sheamus around 300 pounds.
Good god! I really don't want to imagine something as heavy as Sheamus hitting me.

It wasn't an Irish Satellite!! ;)