PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Build

BlazersDozen
09-24-2011, 12:07 AM
The Mark Henry V. Randy Orton fued is getting built up perfectly just further showing how much better Smackdown writers STILL are all around.

I absolutely love how Orton has tried multiple RKOs every time he sees Henry & doesn't come close to hitting it. Henry is being built perfectly. Example is tonight he took out the entire roster AGAIN & Christian tried to sneek off.

When Orton finally hits that RKO, its going to put him overly over.

I do think this would be better used for another face, but non-the-less its great build up of the story & great building of characters.

This is something I've seen for YEARS on SmackDown & don't really see much of it on RAW, especially the build of characters. Why is that?

Anyways, I'm loving this Henry/Orton fued!

Yano88
09-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Don't agree.

I don't like the Henry vs Orton feud... It has nothing special... So many times we saw the hero vs the monster...

Also the thought that on Smackdown characters are more supported is an illusion...

Since the DRAFT Orton was the one and only true dominator on the roster... WWE made him the Cena of Smackdown.

And I absolutely hate the fact that he is always on main events since then...

You say that Smackdown has better writers... but who gained something out of this?

Christian? Sure he had 2 Title reigns... One worst then the other...

Mark Henry? He had this title as a "career prize"... How much will he last against Orton?

Smackdown isn't so different from RAW to my eyes...

The Brown One
09-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Completely disagree about the Smackdown writers being better. Raw has had some really stupid moments, but it has more good storylines than it does bad, which are better than Smackdowns. The only good storylines that Smackdown currently has are The Divas of doom vs the barbies (which is shared with Raw), Mark Henry and Randy Orton (which is one of the best ones in the WWE right now). Raw has The Miz and R-Truth vs. "The Conpiracy" (these guys are arguing with someone who doesn't exist, but they managed to be entertaining), The Divas of Doom vs the barbies and CM Punk vs John Cena, ADR, Kevin Nash, John Laurinitus (excuse the spelling), The Miz, R Truth, and Triple H ALL AT THE SAME TIME (the WWE usually screws up storylines with several people at once, but they managed to pull it off this time). There aren't the best storylines on right on, but Raw sure is more ENTERTAINING TO WATCH. From a wrestling standpoint, I'd definitely give the edge to Smackdown, which I actually prefer to watch.

The_Awesome_One
09-24-2011, 04:57 AM
The Mark Henry V. Randy Orton fued is getting built up perfectly just further showing how much better Smackdown writers STILL are all around.

I absolutely love how Orton has tried multiple RKOs every time he sees Henry & doesn't come close to hitting it. Henry is being built perfectly. Example is tonight he took out the entire roster AGAIN & Christian tried to sneek off.

When Orton finally hits that RKO, its going to put him overly over.

I do think this would be better used for another face, but non-the-less its great build up of the story & great building of characters.

This is something I've seen for YEARS on SmackDown & don't really see much of it on RAW, especially the build of characters. Why is that?

Anyways, I'm loving this Henry/Orton fued!

I agree and I'm suprised I agree, when Henry first won the battle royal to become No.1 contender I facepalmed, but I am pleasently suprised as to where they have taken it, I'm just worried about when Show and Kane return if Henry is still champion will we be seeing a 3-way with these three giants?

And i really hope Henry retains then orton goes back into his fued with Christian for a short while and actually gives Christian a win.

alexrules01
09-24-2011, 06:42 AM
And i really hope Henry retains then orton goes back into his fued with Christian for a short while and actually gives Christian a win.

Christian deserves one more chance!

Tomsta666
09-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Does the WWE have a creative team for both RAW and Smackdown though? Correct me if i'm wrong but I would of thought that there would just be one creative team that writes/books both shows. I mean yes they are two different brands, but still under one company.

jordan1995
09-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Does the WWE have a creative team for both RAW and Smackdown though? Correct me if i'm wrong but I would of thought that there would just be one creative team that writes/books both shows. I mean yes they are two different brands, but still under one company.

i think you are right there m8

Yano88
09-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Actually as far as I know Smackdown and Raw have different writers as the head writer of RAW is Rajin Singh and the head writer of Smackdown is Ed Koskey

BlazersDozen
09-24-2011, 09:37 AM
I think a couple people are misunderstanding my point as of why SD writers are better. RAW writers make better stories but they don't know how to build a faceless character as in a new character.

Smackdown has done this awesomely for YEARS. They also build on their storylines very well. Sometimes in old school ways, sometimes taking a generic storyline & putting a little twist on it.

Name 5 new guys that RAW has built into the main event & look how spaced out they are. Recently two in two & a half years in Sheamus & Wade Barrett.

SmackDown?

Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Mr. Kennedy, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley...I could go forever.

Also, this Orton/Henry storyline is not your ordinary hero vs monster storyline right now if the speculation is correct. Speculation is that Orton will become "injured" at HITC & take some time off. I'm guessing then Henry would fued with Sheamus who has also been getting squashed by Henry & Christian could become a factor in Sheamus not winning it so I could see Henry putting Orton out then returning after Survivor Series & RKO Henry. Sheamus could also very well win the belt & go onto fued with Henry, Christian & Wade Barrett afterwards.

RAW couldn't make Henry interesting...SD did

Rich Cranium
09-24-2011, 10:10 AM
The Henry/Orton storyline is going well but I hope they end it after HIAC. Please don't drag it out afterwards.

AOF666
09-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't like the Orton/Henry feud. At the end Orton is going to win, it be nice for once the heel wins the feud.

buzzkillington
09-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I think all credit should go to Orton/Henry/the Agents here. Writers don't book the finishes or the content of the matches. That's up to these guys. I think this is a sign of both growth and maturity as a wrestler on the part of Orton and tremendous discipline by the agents assigned to book their segments, as well as Henry just being damn good at playing the role he's given.