PDA

View Full Version : American Gladiators (WWE EDITION)

jledwig
09-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok so call me crazy but since WWE is trying to "Broaden" their type of shows and their business here is an idea of mine.

I would personally like to see them bring back American Gladiators. Well how would this work you say?

1. You would have a series of shows and a tournament style season.
2. At the end of the season you would have 1 male winner and 1 female winner
which then would then get a contract.

Who would be on the show?

1. All superstars would make appearances. Just like the old show. I think this would be a fun idea they can
roll with. Mick Foley and bring back Mike Adamle as the hosts. That would awesome. What do you guys think?
Would ya'll watch it?

thejman93
09-23-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't know if I'd give the winner a contract but the idea itself? I'd watch.

xAzureSkye
09-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't know if I'd give the winner a contract but the idea itself? I'd watch.

They could have indy wrestlers compete, or fitness professionals.

jledwig
09-23-2011, 04:54 PM
There would be no point to the "competition" if you don't give some prize. At least a development contract to FCW.
I really love the idea. It's sad that WWE doesn't take considerations in ideas.

thejman93
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
They could have indy wrestlers compete, or fitness professionals.

Ahhhh, didn't think of that.

jledwig
09-23-2011, 04:59 PM
It would however be a slap to the face of hulk hogan lol. Something he couldnt make really cool lol. Even more so of a reason why WWE should do it. SCREW HH.

xAzureSkye
09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Ahhhh, didn't think of that.

but then again it would be a bad way to get them over, like NXT was. I mean a great wrestler comes into WWE by winning a series of obstacle challenges

jledwig
09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah true I hear ya..Well I look at it this way. The obstacles don't all have to be the old ones new ones could be developed. Just having the mentality and the body to be in wwe is a plus. Half of these people in NXT were not that big. In example being able to balance your self on little platforms in mid air prepares yourself to be a high flying daredevil like jeff hardy. You know what I mean.

Rockstar83
09-23-2011, 05:43 PM
to quote CM PUNK

"PIPE BOMB!"

Los Conquistador
09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Mason Ryan worked for the UK version of gladiator under the name goliath

Bit of useless trivia

CMRyder
09-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Tell me you're not serious about this idea?

The_Awesome_One
09-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Mason Ryan worked for the UK version of gladiator under the name goliath

Bit of useless trivia

As did TNA's Brutus Magnus under the name Oblivion, and Matt Morgan was on the US Version under the name Beast

so there really is potential here

Tomsta666
09-24-2011, 06:46 AM
As did TNA's Brutus Magnus under the name Oblivion, and Matt Morgan was on the US Version under the name Beast

so there really is potential here

Magnus did a bloody good job as Oblivion too. He was the modern version of the 1990's Wolf!!

Los Conquistador
09-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Magnus did a bloody good job as Oblivion too. He was the modern version of the 1990's Wolf!!

But he never drew the heat that wolf did
There why they brought him back