PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting "what if"

homer75751
09-23-2011, 10:45 AM
If you take the wrestlers of today generation (Cena, Punk, Ortan, MCMG, AJ Styles...etc.) and transplant them to the 90's, then take the stars of the 90's attitude era (Austin, Rock, Michaels (in his dx days), HHH, Booker...etc...) then took the stars of the 80's (Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper...etc.) and put them in today's ring, Who would be the stars of their time and who would not survive?
Personally here are my pics,

The 80's:
Undertaker
Michaels
Hart
Pillman
Ahmed Johnson (barring injures)
Mick foley
Doink
Yokozuna

The 90's:
Punk
Orten
MCMG
Styles
Edge
Jericho (of now)
big show (of now)

Now (2000 to present):
Savage
Rude
Piper
Andre
Ted DiBiase
Steamboat
JYD
Mr.Perfect

I did leave some out. Some on purpose, some not. Your thoughts?

clrj3514
09-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Steve Austin would be at least on the cusp of 'big time' but I really don't think Stone Cold would've worked in any era besides the Attitude Era. He wouldn't have been as big without the edginess that time period allowed.

Also not sure if a character as dark as Undertaker would've worked in the 80s.

AOF666
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
If you take the wrestlers of today generation (Cena, Punk, Ortan, MCMG, AJ Styles...etc.) and transplant them to the 90's, then take the stars of the 90's attitude era (Austin, Rock, Michaels (in his dx days), HHH, Booker...etc...) then took the stars of the 80's (Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper...etc.) and put them in today's ring, Who would be the stars of their time and who would not survive?
Personally here are my pics,

The 80's:
Undertaker
Michaels
Hart
Pillman
Ahmed Johnson (barring injures)
Mick foley
Doink
Yokozuna

The 90's:
Punk
Orten
MCMG
Styles
Edge
Jericho (of now)
big show (of now)

Now (2000 to present):
Savage
Rude
Piper
Andre
Ted DiBiase
Steamboat
JYD
Mr.Perfect

I did leave some out. Some on purpose, some not. Your thoughts?

Brett and Michaels both started in WWF in 1984, so I say yes. Edge started in the 90s, yes. I say yes for everyone you put in the 2000, they were really good and had the talent and the charisma. I say everyone except Doink the Clown would be. Except for Edge, Jericho, and Big Show, wouldn't make it.

homer75751
09-23-2011, 03:49 PM
]Brett and Michaels both started in WWF in 1984, so I say yes. Edge started in the 90s, yes. I say yes for everyone you put in the 2000, they were really good and had the talent and the charisma. I say everyone except Doink the Clown would be. Except for Edge, Jericho, and Big Show, wouldn't make it.[/QUOTE]

I was referring more on the evolved characters of Hart and Micheals

Nay_Than
09-24-2011, 12:04 AM
The best part is how you mentioned AJ Styles... That just shows how amazing he is?