PDA

View Full Version : Your predictions for wrestlers company 'status' in a year from now *CODY*

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I'm interested to see what you guys (and girls) all think about where the current WWE superstars and Divas will be in a year from now....

ie - who will be Champion?
Who will leave the company?
Who will drop to mid-card status/top level/ jobber status...

A year is a long time in wrestling and as I said, it would be interesting to see if anyone's predictions for the future come true...

Please discuss....thank you :)

*This thread has no reason for Cody to be in the title - I just think he rocks, so I put him up there...Polly is a little wacky like that*

kjell
09-23-2011, 06:12 AM
in a year i hope it looks like this:

cody rhodes - wwe champ
wade barret - world champ
swagger and bryan - tag team champ

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 06:21 AM

cody rhodes - wwe champ

I never thought of putting Swagger and Bryan together, interesting thought...

Thanks for your post

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Hogan WWE champ
Flair WHC
Scott Steiner and Sting Tag Champs

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Hogan WWE champFlair WHC
Scott Steiner and Sting Tag Champs

You are joking right?

The_Awesome_One
09-23-2011, 06:50 AM
WWE Champ: Cena
WHC: Randy Orton
IC: Christian
US: Jack Swagger
tag team: Kings of Wrestling

masakaritko
09-23-2011, 06:51 AM
1 year from now, lets see....
John Cena as a heel. They'll make the heel turn drag out and take forever but all of a sudden one monday night he shows up as a complete asshole. CM Punk now gains all the little kiddie fans as well as already having all the guy fans. Every kid in the audience will be eating a CM Punk ice cream bar.
Alberto Del Rio will hold multiple world championships over a short time period, as in win one month, lose the next, keep it for 2 months, lose it again, win it back, turning him into the top heel of the company.
Sheamus will once again emerge in the title picture. possibly winning against Del Rio.
Y2J returns, and is pissed because he feels like CM Punk has been ripping him off. A nice feud ensues.
Wade Barrett will get a few title shots, but will fall short every time, unless he wins money in the bank.
Daniel Bryan wins the big one, but fades back into mid-card status after losing it.
just to name a few things that could happen.

FLWWEFan
09-23-2011, 06:58 AM
WWE Champ- The Miz
WH Champ- Dolph Ziggler
US Champ- Justin Gabriel
IC Champ- Mason Ryan
Tag Team Champs- Does it really matter?

Y2Jryder
09-23-2011, 06:59 AM
WWE Champ: Cena
WHC: Orton
IC: Kofi
US: Cena
Tag team champs: Cena & Orton
Divas champ: kelly kelly
PG era ftw

the-rocks-stunner
09-23-2011, 07:04 AM
WWE: Hornswoggle
WHC: Hornswoggle
IC: Hornswoggle
US: Hornswoggle
TAG: Hornswoggle & Grizzly Redwood
DIVA: Hornswoggle

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 07:20 AM
You are joking right?

No. Deadly serious......

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 07:23 AM
No. Deadly serious......

Oh okay.......

Black Mass Reverend
09-23-2011, 07:35 AM

cody rhodes - wwe champ

That just sounds awesome. I can totally picture Swagger giving someone the ankle lock while Bryan has them in the Labell Lock.

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 07:44 AM
That just sounds awesome. I can totally picture Swagger giving someone the ankle lock while Bryan has them in the Labell Lock.

That sounds frickin painful:(

I like the sound of Cody as WWE champ but....while JC is still on RAW, no chance in hell!

I'd prefer him to stay on SD....and take the title there....him having a match with Orton bodes well for his future and shows that creative are looking in a positive direction for him.

I do hope this means that we are beginning to take DiBiase out of the Cody equation....:D

tittle97
09-23-2011, 07:44 AM
WWE Champ: Chris Jericho
WHC: Daniel Bryan
IC: Justin Gabriel
US: Seth Rollins
Tag Team: Kings of Wrestling

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 07:47 AM
WWE Champ: Chris Jericho
WHC: Daniel Bryan
IC: Justin Gabriel
US: Seth Rollins
Tag Team: Kings of Wrestling

I miss this guy!!

tittle97
09-23-2011, 07:53 AM
I miss this guy!!

I do too, I hope he comes back after Mania and starts up a fued with Punk.
The rest of my list is mostly wishful thinking, that WWE actually signs Chris Hero (I'm sure WWE will change his name to something stupid) and puts the KoW back together, AND that Seth Rollins finally gets the call up from FCW.
Justin Gabriel seems to be getting a little push on Smackdown, him winning the IC belt will most likely happen sooner than later.

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 07:55 AM
I do too, I hope he comes back after Mania and starts up a fued with Punk.
The rest of my list is mostly wishful thinking, that WWE actually signs Chris Hero (I'm sure WWE will change his name to something stupid) and puts the KoW back together, AND that Seth Rollins finally gets the call up from FCW.
Justin Gabriel seems to be getting a little push on Smackdown, him winning the IC belt will most likely happen sooner than later.

Not while Cody has that......my man deserves that belt! Gabriel can have it when Cody has the WWE/WHC title:p

Black Mass Reverend
09-23-2011, 08:23 AM
WWE Title Picture = I believe or rather hope that by then John Cena's career would have started to wind down by then. Still feuding with the top stars obviously & hopefully putting over younger talent (very wishful thinking, I know.). My ideal topcarders would be CM Punk, R Truth, Miz, Ziggler, & Del Rio all gunning for the Gold. Maybe throw in another run from Chris Jericho.

World Title Picture = By then I'd imagine Orton would still be top dog, competing against guys like Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, & Daniel Bryan who by then I hope would have already held a main event title at least once. You can take any of tue guys I've mention in both title pictures & pretty much switch then around. Freshen thing up a bit.

IC & US Title Picture = Around this time I'd hope that Drew McIntyre is once again on the rise. Maybe feuding with guys like Mason Ryan who I hope improves, Joe Hennig another guy I hope improves, Justin Gabriel, maybe Jinder Mahal if he sticks around, and possibly Alex Riley. I'm not really a fan of Riley, but I can see why they'd try to invest some time into him.

The Tag-Team Division = I hope by then that the WWE would have finally revived the tag-team division. I'd love to see the Uso's, the Kings of Wrestling, Hawkins & Rekks, & maybe some of the NXT guys paired up all going at it.

Brought up from FCW = Bo Rotundo, Husky Harris, Richie Steamboat, Seth Rollins, & Xavier Woods.

CW Division Revival! = If the rumors are true & the WWE is actually interested in reviving the division then FUCK YEAH! I can totally picture it now... Sin Cara, Hunico, Bourne, Kidd, Barreta, Tatsu, & some of the guys from developmental (Peter Orlov anyone?).

In all honesty I can't imagine too much changing in year. lol if anything this is more of a wish list than a prediction so I'll stop now before I get too carried away.

Russo swerve
09-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Wwe champ eugene
World champ eli cottonwood
Ic champ khali
Us champ mcgillicutty
Tag champs ezikiel and titus oneal
Divas champ cena

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Wwe champ eugene
Ic champ khali
Us champ mcgillicutty
Divas champ cena

Far too funny for this time of day lol LMAO

steveorton
09-23-2011, 09:01 AM
WWE champ: The Miz because he's awesome
WHC champ: Cody Rhodes I am praying for this one to happen Rhodes is great in ring and on the mic. Cross Rhodes and Beautiful Disaster are just bad ass moves imo
Fired: Drew I don't want this to happen I like the guy I would rather they fire ADR.
Return: Y2J 3rd_coming I hope he can save_us this time, Mick Foley I wouldn't mind seeing him from time to time.
and last but not least
Internet champ: Zack Ryder Woo woo woo You know it

Sully
09-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Cody Rhodes seems to be on the right path of recovery after his downfall a year ago, but I think it will be a slow and steady recovery. It's possible for him to have a short run in the mid card, maybe an extra in a fatal four way or something, but right now I expect him to stay in the mid card for the time being.

Being on Smackdown though, I feel he should go directly in a feud with Randy Orton. Not only are the two very similar, but they have history. A one on one feud with these two would be very interesting, and now that Randy is a face, it can work too. Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton fighting over the World Heavy Weight Championship could work well, on two conditions.

Condition one, Cody drops his mask gimmick. I mean DROP it, just get rid of it...it doesn't fit Cody and he can't play the role well. Cody's character during his Legacy run worked very well, and is the one to go with if him and Orton should feud.

Condition number two, Ted Dibiase is not involved. I know all three of these guys have a history together, but Cody and Orton have a chemistry that doesn't involve Ted. Ted should come out on top with his current feud with Rhodes, where Cody will then focus in the main picture.

Sadly this will be difficult to work out being that Orton isn't the champion right now, but considering the World Heavy Weight Title seems to be playing a hot potato sort of role, the is really no way of telling who will be the holder in a years time. I just know that I would enjoy watching Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton go at each other one last time, this time around with the title on the line.

S.E. Zero
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
WWE: Miz
WHC: Rhodes
U.S.: Ryder
IC: Kidd
TT: Hawkins and Reks
Divas: Natalya

All some of my favorite and ones I feel could do well if given the chance to hold gold and actually get mic time aside from Miz and Rhodes :D

Tommy Thunder
09-23-2011, 10:45 AM
On the subject of Cody Rhodes, I think he'll be WHC for real within the next year.

Sully
09-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah I never realized have great the chances are of Cody getting pushed into the main event with him being on Smackdown now, I think he could really fit into that picture with Orton.

Mikeyboy7777777
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
the usos better get the fucking tag titles within this period did anybody see how good that match was on last smackdown? come on they are ready for the title just turn them heel and bam

masakaritko
09-23-2011, 01:15 PM
WWE champ: The Miz because he's awesome
WHC champ: Cody Rhodes I am praying for this one to happen Rhodes is great in ring and on the mic. Cross Rhodes and Beautiful Disaster are just bad ass moves imo
Fired: Drew I don't want this to happen I like the guy I would rather they fire ADR.
Return: Y2J 3rd_coming I hope he can save_us this time, Mick Foley I wouldn't mind seeing him from time to time.
and last but not least
Internet champ: Zack Ryder Woo woo woo You know it

I would rather ADR stick around for a long time brother. He has so much potential. I think Drew will come back and get some sort of push, there has to be some reason why he's getting buried right now. But, like I said, ADR is going to be the top heel one day. Now, I know this will never happen, but I wish they'd have Yoshi Tatsu win the Royal Rumble. I would mark out big time for that one, with the main event at wrestlemania being Cody Rhodes being World Champ defending against Tatsu and Daniel Bryan cashing in his MITB. That would be awesome to me, even if they made it the first match of the night.

steveorton
09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
I would rather ADR stick around for a long time brother. He has so much potential. I think Drew will come back and get some sort of push, there has to be some reason why he's getting buried right now. But, like I said, ADR is going to be the top heel one day. Now, I know this will never happen, but I wish they'd have Yoshi Tatsu win the Royal Rumble. I would mark out big time for that one, with the main event at wrestlemania being Cody Rhodes being World Champ defending against Tatsu and Daniel Bryan cashing in his MITB. That would be awesome to me, even if they made it the first match of the night.

I don't know about the Yoshi stuff but I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes for the WHC championship at Wrestlemania it would steal the show and cement both guys as ME imo.

I hope you are right about true Drew though and I know evryone likes ADR but for some strange reason he is not my cup of tea:)

BlazersDozen
09-23-2011, 01:48 PM

cody rhodes - wwe champ

I wish Shelton was still in the company. A Swagger/Benjamin team would be fun to watch.

Sully
09-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Wait you mean Cody Rhodes wasn't the main topic of this thread? Oh...

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-23-2011, 05:24 PM
WHC - C.M. Punk (heel)
WWE - Sheamus (heel)
IC - Sin Cara (Mystico{face})
US - Zack Ryder (heel)
Tag Team - Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre (faces) or Cody Rhodes & Drew McItyre (heels)
Diva - Kharma (heel)

Fired People:
JTG
Curt Hawkins
Heath Slater
Tyson Kidd
David Otunga
Aksana

Kincaid
09-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't know how to post quotes but someone said earlier that it'd be cool to see Swagger have someone in the ankle lock while Bryan has the LaBelle lock applied. Been done. Angle and Benoit used to do that. The LaBelle lock is damn near the Crippler Crossface, if not identical. Weren't they a tag team or did they just do it to opponents here and there? I remember it for sure. Also Walls of Jericho and Crippler Crossface at the same time. Both combinations are awesome.

capn-edu
09-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Wwe champ eugene
Ic champ khali
Us champ mcgillicutty
Divas champ cena

i cried laughnig on that one

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't know how to post quotes but someone said earlier that it'd be cool to see Swagger have someone in the ankle lock while Bryan has the LaBelle lock applied. Been done. Angle and Benoit used to do that. The LaBelle lock is damn near the Crippler Crossface, if not identical. Weren't they a tag team or did they just do it to opponents here and there? I remember it for sure. Also Walls of Jericho and Crippler Crossface at the same time. Both combinations are awesome.

Benoit also used to do the crossface while Dean Malenko would do the texas cloverleaf in his WCW days.