PDA

View Full Version : Random thought that just popped up

Gangrel
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Okay, so thinking about when (or IF) Jericho returns and about Punk lately.

Who's better? Mr. "best in the world at what he does" Chris Jericho...Or Mr. "The best in the world" CM Punk?

Jericho and Punk both claims they're the best (even if they don't say it the same way, lol). So I got curious, who do you people think is the best? In mic skills, ring abilitly, and just all around personality/charisma

Asherdelampyr
09-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Jericho, hands down

Asherdelampyr
09-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Guess I should elaborate

Jericho has been in the business for much longer, and has had legendary feuds with some of the best in the business
Jericho rose from being just another cruiserweight on WCW to one of the most talked about guys not in NWO
Then he went to WWF and the building where he made his debut just about exploded.

CM Punk has won 2 WHC and 1 WWE championship and has won MITB twice, lead a couple of stables that wen't nowhere, and pretty much sauntered around the mid-card until recently, when he cut 1 good promo that turned a lot of heads
CM Punk may turn out to be better than Jericho in the future, but as of right now, Jericho is the man

Toby Fox
09-23-2011, 01:44 AM
To me, Punk is way more entertaining, Jericho's last run as a heel was really boring.

CMhuw24
09-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Jericho's debut gave me goosebumps.

UMSILLYUNCE
09-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Jericho hands down that guy is the complete package i was and still am a big fan of his ring work and mic work he is what every wwe superstar should .,strive to be he is the epitome of the full package. Nuff said.

UMSILLYUNCE
09-23-2011, 02:06 AM
guess i should elaborate

jericho has been in the business for much longer, and has had legendary feuds with some of the best in the business
jericho rose from being just another cruiserweight on wcw to one of the most talked about guys not in nwo
then he went to wwf and the building where he made his debut just about exploded.

Cm punk has won 2 whc and 1 wwe championship and has won mitb twice, lead a couple of stables that wen't nowhere, and pretty much sauntered around the mid-card until recently, when he cut 1 good promo that turned a lot of heads
cm punk may turn out to be better than jericho in the future, but as of right now, jericho is the man

this this and this!

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Jericho was good. In fact great. He did one of the smartest things you can ever do in wrestling if you want legendary status. He left at the top of his game. He should never return. Imagine how bad it would be if he came back and had lost his edge. To many wrestlers come back after a long gap and 90% of the time it's a mistake.

Asherdelampyr
09-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Jericho was good. In fact great. He did one of the smartest things you can ever do in wrestling if you want legendary status. He left at the top of his game. He should never return. Imagine how bad it would be if he came back and had lost his edge. To many wrestlers come back after a long gap and 90% of the time it's a mistake.

very true
As much as I want to see him come back, his legacy can only go down now

alexrules01
09-23-2011, 03:14 AM
very true
As much as I want to see him come back, his legacy can only go down now

Most wrestlers who come back (actually can't think of anyone who hasn't) do the exact same thing. jericho re-invents himself, which to me, only adds more to his already great legacy

PatsPunkZepp
09-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Punk is the best in the world, but I'll give a slight edge to jericho for in-ring ability..

bcfccalum
09-23-2011, 04:55 AM

he left a few years back, took a lengthy break and returned better than ever. i feel he can do it again if he comes back with something fresh

To me, Punk is way more entertaining, Jericho's last run as a heel was really boring.

you kidding, i loved his last heel run it was my favourite gimmick for jericho

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 05:48 AM
he left a few years back, took a lengthy break and returned better than ever. i feel he can do it again if he comes back with something fresh

He was a fair bit younger back then. The age he is it's only downhill.

Y2Jryder
09-23-2011, 06:55 AM
lol you're the first guy who came up with this

stinger13
09-23-2011, 09:04 AM
CM Punk vs Y2J
Best of 7 Series
Game 1 at Royal Rumble
Game 5 at Elimination Chamber
Game 7 at Wrestlemania

Oh and as of now Y2J gets a slight nod IMO.

Enforcer23
09-23-2011, 09:06 AM
MAN...that is tuff as much as i like punk..jericho is better since he is a vetern in the wrestling business...NOW to make them feud :p

AOF666
09-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Jericho hands down!

Pudie
09-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Guess I should elaborate

Jericho has been in the business for much longer, and has had legendary feuds with some of the best in the business
Jericho rose from being just another cruiserweight on WCW to one of the most talked about guys not in NWO
Then he went to WWF and the building where he made his debut just about exploded.

CM Punk has won 2 WHC and 1 WWE championship and has won MITB twice, lead a couple of stables that wen't nowhere, and pretty much sauntered around the mid-card until recently, when he cut 1 good promo that turned a lot of heads
CM Punk may turn out to be better than Jericho in the future, but as of right now, Jericho is the man

You're completely ignoring Punks indie work. He was one of the main stars of RoH, held the title multiple times, had legendary matches multiple times, and left with one of the best story lines any company has ever done.

That being said, I still think the answer is Jericho. But it's damn close in terms of both pure talent and overall career.

steveorton
09-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Jericho but Orton has punted them both

jethro
09-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Both Punk and Jericho are best at what they do,imagine both of them standing in the same ring...the world is apocalypse.

On a sidenote,in my opinion Daniel Bryan is the one who original dubbed best in the world.

thejman93
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Right now: Jericho
When all issaid and done: Punk.

Y2J___Y2J
09-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Jericho will always be my favorite wrestler.. but Punk is up there

clrj3514
09-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Never been a big Jericho fan on the mic (Shoot me now :D) but I love his in-ring work. It's Punk for me personally though.

bcfccalum
09-23-2011, 12:06 PM
He was a fair bit younger back then. The age he is it's only downhill.

that thought crossed my mind but he still has a fair few good years left in him

The Brown One
09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Jericho for sure.
As a face, or a heel, he plays the role to PERFECTION. When Jericho turned heel after his second coming, it didn't seem like Jericho was the same anymore, and it was amazing how well he pulled off being a heel. He didn't have to swear, or use some catchphrase, but speak in plain english.

His wrestling skills are also incredible. Punk is a great wrestler too, but hes have some matches that seem overrated. Punk has had his share of matches that weren't exactly entertaining. But Jericho always puts on a clinic everytime hes in the ring.