PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Cm punk

UMSILLYUNCE
09-22-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't get the praise that this guy gets i think it's mainly due to that ''supposed'' ''unscripted shoot promo he did a while back where he stood up for the voiceless and demanded WWE treat the mid carders right. I am guessing that's what he meant but honestly the promo wasn't all that epic SCSA'S 3:16 promo was far more epic. What exactly has changed since Punk's voice of the voiceless promo. How many guys have moved up to the main event scene besides from punk? Oh and Henry none that's how many.

It's been all Kiss Cm punk's arse he gets 50 promos a week not literally but you get what i am saying not only that but he gets more time than the WWE and WHC championship feuds combined like NOC the WHC and the WWE title matches were mere fillers for the PUNK/HHH match. He also managed to dragg both Truth and Miz back to mid card tag team division.

I also don't find his ring skills to be that great at all i can and will name 10 guys who make punk look like a joke in ring

1.Morrison

2.Ziggler.

3.Rhodes

4. Bryan

5. Barret

6.Bourne

7. Kofi

8. Gabriel

9. Tyler reks

10. Trent barreta

So how exactly is he the best in the world how many classics has he put on can't remember any other than that passable match him and Orton had at Mania. I've tried to see what's so good about him with an unbias eye and ear when watching him wrestle and cut promos but he fails to impress me everytime.

Not too mention he botches quite a bit especially his finisher which should be an unbotchable move he's flubbed this move plenty even breaking noses in the process.

So how Exactly is he the best in the world? What has he done to help other mid carders being as he has pull backstage and only one guy has reached main event status which is Mark. And i highly doubt Punk had anything to do with that Orton was the master mind behind putting Henry over.

No need to get pissy and start crying because someone doesn't like punk give me some facts post his best matches WITHOUT BOTCHES IN WWE not in the indies .

How does he warrant all the praise? And please no trolling name calling and such is unneccessary.

URATOOL
09-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't get the praise that this guy gets i think it's mainly due to that ''supposed'' ''unscripted shoot promo he did a while back where he stood up for the voiceless and demanded WWE treat the mid carders right. I am guessing that's what he meant but honestly the promo wasn't all that epic SCSA'S 3:16 promo was far more epic. What exactly has changed since Punk's voice of the voiceless promo. How many guys have moved up to the main event scene besides from punk? Oh and Henry none that's how many.

It's been all Kiss Cm punk's arse he gets 50 promos a week not literally but you get what i am saying not only that but he gets more time than the WWE and WHC championship feuds combined like NOC the WHC and the WWE title matches were mere fillers for the PUNK/HHH match. He also managed to dragg both Truth and Miz back to mid card tag team division.

I also don't find his ring skills to be that great at all i can and will name 10 guys who make punk look like a joke in ring

1.Morrison

2.Ziggler.

3.Rhodes

4. Bryan

5. Barret

6.Bourne

7. Kofi

8. Gabriel

9. Tyler reks

10. Trent barreta

So how exactly is he the best in the world how many classics has he put on can't remember any other than that passable match him and Orton had at Mania. I've tried to see what's so good about him with an unbias eye and ear when watching him wrestle and cut promos but he fails to impress me everytime.

Not too mention he botches quite a bit especially his finisher which should be an unbotchable move he's flubbed this move plenty even breaking noses in the process.

So how Exactly is he the best in the world? What has he done to help other mid carders being as he has pull backstage and only one guy has reached main event status which is Mark. And i highly doubt Punk had anything to do with that Orton was the master mind behind putting Henry over.

No need to get pissy and start crying because someone doesn't like punk try to prove me wrong give me some facts post his best matches WITHOUT BOTCHES.

How does he warrant all the praise? And please no trolling name calling and such is unneccessary.

Punk is good. In fact he is one of the best in the business today. He wrestles well, rarely botchly badly, has a wide range of moves, does actual wrestling moves, doesn't over sell weak move, sells a bump well, is one of the clearest and most eloquent promo makers, he's funny at times, sell passion well and has proved over the years that he wasn't just a nobody who was handed a contract because of his looks and build. Do I believe he is absolutely amazing and the best out there? No. But he sure p*sses over most of your list of 10 as an all round wrestler and entertainer.

Stinger187
09-22-2011, 11:12 PM

1.Morrison

2.Ziggler.

3.Rhodes

4. Bryan

5. Barret

6.Bourne

7. Kofi

8. Gabriel

9. Tyler reks

10. Trent barreta

No need to get pissy and start crying because someone doesn't like punk try to prove me wrong give me some facts post his best matches WITHOUT BOTCHES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYBeQ2XQM-8Ima leave this here....

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-22-2011, 11:21 PM
I am just going to sit back and read the angry posts now.

jethro
09-22-2011, 11:24 PM
I just want his ice cream bar tshirt

broc808
09-22-2011, 11:33 PM
CM Punk is one of the best in the business today for sure but yes the hype is terrible I honestly can't stand how people just jump on his bandwagon after his promo but to say that ring work isn't good is silly he may the 2nd best in the ring today (1 going to d bryan) but his promo work also is great, but I honestly didn't like his match with HHH at NOC that much because it just seemed like they were trying to hard but he still made it an entertaining

clh2285
09-22-2011, 11:33 PM
It was only a matter of time....

UMSILLYUNCE
09-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Punk is good. In fact he is one of the best in the business today. He wrestles well, rarely botchly badly, has a wide range of moves, does actual wrestling moves, doesn't over sell weak move, sells a bump well, is one of the clearest and most eloquent promo makers, he's funny at times, sell passion well and has proved over the years that he wasn't just a nobody who was handed a contract because of his looks and build. Do I believe he is absolutely amazing and the best out there? No. But he sure p*sses over most of your list of 10 as an all round wrestler and entertainer.

Do you always have to take personal shots and why are you here when all you do is start trouble from my Booker thread to Alicia fox thread to here.

What is your problem if you're going to post here say your piece and leave geez.

UMSILLYUNCE
09-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Great thread man.

I for one am happy to see CM Punk getting pushed like a top main eventer as he should be but the IWC tends to overrate him A LOT. When people say they aren't CM Punk fans, you are tagged as a "hater" which is pretty ridiculous. CM Punk is great but best in the world? No, not even close.

Thanks for not being on of those uber fans who gets offended but someone doesn't like their favorite wrestler i didn't make this thread to bash him i just felt like someone had to ask why is he considered the best in the world. And i agree he's good but not the best in the world. Thanks again

THEKEVINBRAND
09-22-2011, 11:38 PM
I see someone needs to watch CM Punk vs Samoa Joe over and over again....

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-22-2011, 11:46 PM
I see someone needs to watch CM Punk vs Samoa Joe over and over again....

Maybe TNA needs to see that match too and get Joe out of the shitter.

URATOOL
09-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Do you always have to take personal shots and why are you here when all you do is start trouble from my Booker thread to Alicia fox thread to here.

What is your problem if you're going to post here say your piece and leave geez.

Where did I take a personal shot??? Nope. Didn't think you could find one.

thatdevilsblue
09-22-2011, 11:51 PM
try to prove you wrong? what are you, a wrestling encyclopedia? Nobody has to prove anything to you, especially if you're just stating an opinion, not a fact...CM Punk is awesome in every aspect...he's one of the best on the mic, great in the ring (Not EVERY wrestler has to be some amazingly, magical high flyer in order to be a good or great wrestler) he has more personality than everyone you mentioned on your list, and frequently re-inventing himself with new looks, moves, things to do and say, ect! sorry if this was too "pissy" for you, i'm just defending my favorite wrestler, and a favorite of a ton of other peoples too!

THEKEVINBRAND
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Maybe TNA needs to see that match too and get Joe out of the shitter.

you are absolutely right!

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 12:14 AM
try to prove you wrong? what are you, a wrestling encyclopedia? Nobody has to prove anything to you, especially if you're just stating an opinion, not a fact...CM Punk is awesome in every aspect...he's one of the best on the mic, great in the ring (Not EVERY wrestler has to be some amazingly, magical high flyer in order to be a good or great wrestler) he has more personality than everyone you mentioned on your list, and frequently re-inventing himself with new looks, moves, things to do and say, ect! sorry if this was too "pissy" for you, i'm just defending my favorite wrestler, and a favorite of a ton of other peoples too!

Oh you naughty naughty troller. How could you be so mean to him and get so personal with him??? You are a very very bad person!!!!

Just thought I'd tell you off before he does.

Gangrel
09-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Best in the world? Naw, that'd go to Seth Rollins, KENTA or Raven (i'd throw Vampiro in there, but that'd be a biased opinion because he's one of my favorites). Punk is great, don't get me wrong. The guy is very athletic and gives amazing promos. But best in the world? No. BUT, want good matches? See matches of his in RoH, when the ECW Originals v New Breed rivalry was going on and he was drug in, him vs Samoa Joe, him vs Mike Knox, him vs John Morrison over the ECW title belt (you people HAVE to admit, those matches where good...Espicially when Miz was thrown in, then they where entertaining as well), his feud with Jeff Hardy...Punk has put on A LOT of great matches (FYI, i've only mentioned matches of his in the WWE since you asked for "mainstream" wrestling companys). Punk may not be the best, but he is ONE OF the best, period

Russo swerve
09-23-2011, 01:12 AM
I laugh at the punk d*ck riders

CMhuw24
09-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Only one good match?
What about both his matches again Cena at MITB and then SS?
Also check out his match from SS two years ago against Jeff Hardy, and that feud was awesome.
I beleive hes the best in the world, especially currently, the man does what he is ment to best, entertain.
And also check out his indy matches, specially against Samoe Joe if youu dont beleive he has any good matches.

UMSILLYUNCE
09-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Oh you naughty naughty troller. How could you be so mean to him and get so personal with him??? You are a very very bad person!!!!

Just thought I'd tell you off before he does.

I don't like you at all you probably don't care trolls are used to getting shunned by society

Gangrel
09-23-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't like you at all you probably don't care trolls are used to getting shunned by society

Do I get to be involved in the shunning of him :D??? (Ignore any and all posts of mine you see tonight, blame hyperness mixed with aboslutly 100% pure boredom and nothing to do)

Fatality
09-23-2011, 01:57 AM

I Lolled at your Alicia fox thread. You made like 6/7 posts one after another with just video's, you do know that you can edit your thread post right?

UMSILLYUNCE
09-23-2011, 02:02 AM
I Lolled at your Alicia fox thread. You made like 6/7 posts one after another with just video's, you do know that you can edit your thread post right?
Why did you lol at my Alicia fox post i am a fan of her and people blasted her but i didn't get upset why would i?

Yeah i knew that i actually edited my OP.

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 02:10 AM

I don't care. This is a thing called the in-ter-net.

UMSILLYUNCE
09-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Do I get to be involved in the shunning of him :D??? (Ignore any and all posts of mine you see tonight, blame hyperness mixed with aboslutly 100% pure boredom and nothing to do)

Done and done lol

UMSILLYUNCE
09-23-2011, 02:23 AM
I don't care. This is a thing called the in-ter-net.

I am pretty sure thats how you act in reality trolls are trolls in fiction and reality

Tag
09-23-2011, 03:22 AM
I hate to be right on this. I've said this on other threads.
CM Punk's face turn was the start of a countdown to the IWC start turning on him.

Now even Tyler Reks and Trent Barreta are better than him.
*sigh*

URATOOL
09-23-2011, 04:25 AM
I am pretty sure thats how you act in reality trolls are trolls in fiction and reality

Great work on the shunning. Keep it up kid.

bcfccalum
09-23-2011, 04:51 AM
he's good and does what hes meant to do well and that is entertain. as a wrestler he's better than most of that list, as an entertainer hes better than all of them

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 04:52 AM
First of all......why does it always have to degenerate into a pissing contest guys? The OP stated an opinion, he asked for feedback, he didn't say...'CM Punk is crap and you can't prove different', he merely suggested that in HIS OPINION, CM Punk is not the best in the world.

I'll be honest, I couldn't stand CM Punk before this 'awesome promo' and I still can't. That may well put me in the bad books of the majority of you guys on here but here's the thing. I happen to think that, it's my opinion and I refuse to be goaded into changing my thoughts. I also have never gone for the 'follow and obey' method. It may make me less 'popular', but my originality and having my own mind is much more important. People begin to understand this much more the older they get - and believe me, I'm old!!

I'm not a fan of Punks in ring work, I am not saying it isn't good, what I am saying is, I don't like his wrestling 'style' - and the other wrestlers who use the same style would be in the same catergory. It's a personnel preference, not a remark on his abilities.

CM Punk can cut a good promo, but I just don't like his gimmick or the way he comes across, that's just me.

I tend to believe some, not all, but some of the OP's list are leaps and bounds above CM Punk...

CM Punk is probably, with all combinations, one of the better wrestlers around today, but not everyone's choice.

All I'm saying is there's no need to berate anyone for their opinion, simply state your own and be done or continue to discuss. But there's no need to get personal about it guys.

That is all.....

Asherdelampyr
09-23-2011, 04:56 AM
First of all......why does it always have to degenerate into a pissing contest guys? The OP stated an opinion, he asked for feedback, he didn't say...'CM Punk is crap and you can't prove different', he merely suggested that in HIS OPINION, CM Punk is not the best in the world.

I'll be honest, I couldn't stand CM Punk before this 'awesome promo' and I still can't. That may well put me in the bad books of the majority of you guys on here but here's the thing. I happen to think that, it's my opinion and I refuse to be goaded into changing my thoughts. I also have never gone for the 'follow and obey' method. It may make me less 'popular', but my originality and having my own mind is much more important. People begin to understand this much more the older they get - and believe me, I'm old!!

I'm not a fan of Punks in ring work, I am not saying it isn't good, what I am saying is, I don't like his wrestling 'style' - and the other wrestlers who use the same style would be in the same catergory. It's a personnel preference, not a remark on his abilities.

CM Punk can cut a good promo, but I just don't like his gimmick or the way he comes across, that's just me.

I tend to believe some, not all, but some of the OP's list are leaps and bounds above CM Punk...

CM Punk is probably, with all combinations, one of the better wrestlers around today, but not everyone's choice.

All I'm saying is there's no need to berate anyone for their opinion, simply state your own and be done or continue to discuss. But there's no need to get personal about it guys.

That is all.....

Madame, you are far far too reasonable for these forums, I suggest that you leave immediately or else your sanity may pay the price!

Polly-Pablo
09-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Madame, you are far far too reasonable for these forums, I suggest that you leave immediately or else your sanity may pay the price!

Ha ha - I tried that already....had to come back to referee lol

ps - my sanity went a long time ago Sir

Asherdelampyr
09-23-2011, 05:17 AM
ps - my sanity went a long time ago Sir

Ah, well then I see

carry on

Enforcer23
09-23-2011, 09:14 AM
nah CM PUNK is great and deserves all the praise he gets WHY cause look at what his done he is great on the mic and great in the ring I THINK you over looking him...if YOU personally dont like him then thats another story

dub
09-23-2011, 09:21 AM
I think wrestling fans love Punk because he is DIFFERENT and he is a character older fans can relate too. He speaks his mind and says mostly what the fans think, he has "good" skills in the ring, and he has the ability to take ANY gimmick given to him and turn it into GOLD! Think about it..... When he first came to ECW fans were waiting to see what all the fuss was about this CM Punk guy (Which drew ratings to an already dead ECW), Then he went from face straight edge and turned it into an "I'm better than you" heel type straight edge gimmick which lead into his fued with Hardy (a really good fued I might add with great matches). Then he went on to form the S.E.S. This gimmick drew soooooooo much heat from the fans (me included) it was rediculous (Remember his fued with Rey? more great matches and another good rivalry), Then he goes on to be the leader of Nexus (Remember his Promo on top of the titantron? of course u do), and now his best in the world gimmick. Which BTW came right on time because older wrestling fans were getting so SICK of seeing CENA & Orton over and over and over and over again in the M.E. picture. My goodness these guys are EVERYWHERE, Why not put a Barrett or a Sheamus or a CM Punk there?!?!?!? *Alberto & Christian don't count WWE made them look like bums :(* The thing with Punk is some fans didn't really know how good he could be in the past because he was always lurking in the background behind Edge, Cena, Orton... Etc. He never had an opportunity to be pushed the way he is now. I know he won the money in the banks and world titles but they were just as forgetable as Jack Swaggers run. But when he beat SUPER Cena fairly clean at MITB weren't you happy? I dont know about you but I was doing FLIPS JK. Anyways with that being said Punk is such a great talent overall and fans are just happy to see him finally get the push he deserves. Sure he's not as good as some guy's in the ring but when you look at what he can do overall. He's not far from being the best in the world. Even those guys you named are really good in the ring but their mic work is flawed and unfortunately that is something you need nowadays to make it big in the WWE.

jhf1601
09-23-2011, 09:44 AM
I think wrestling fans love Punk because he is DIFFERENT and he is a character older fans can relate too. He speaks his mind and says mostly what the fans think, he has "good" skills in the ring, and he has the ability to take ANY gimmick given to him and turn it into GOLD! Think about it..... When he first came to ECW fans were waiting to see what all the fuss was about this CM Punk guy (Which drew ratings to an already dead ECW), Then he went from face straight edge and turned it into an "I'm better than you" heel type straight edge gimmick which lead into his fued with Hardy (a really good fued I might add with great matches). Then he went on to form the S.E.S. This gimmick drew soooooooo much heat from the fans (me included) it was rediculous (Remember his fued with Rey? more great matches and another good rivalry), Then he goes on to be the leader of Nexus (Remember his Promo on top of the titantron? of course u do), and now his best in the world gimmick. Which BTW came right on time because older wrestling fans were getting so SICK of seeing CENA & Orton over and over and over and over again in the M.E. picture. My goodness these guys are EVERYWHERE, Why not put a Barrett or a Sheamus or a CM Punk there?!?!?!? *Alberto & Christian don't count WWE made them look like bums * The thing with Punk is some fans didn't really know how good he could be in the past because he was always lurking in the background behind Edge, Cena, Orton... Etc. He never had an opportunity to be pushed the way he is now. I know he won the money in the banks and world titles but they were just as forgetable as Jack Swaggers run. But when he beat SUPER Cena fairly clean at MITB weren't you happy? I dont know about you but I was doing FLIPS JK. Anyways with that being said Punk is such a great talent overall and fans are just happy to see him finally get the push he deserves. Sure he's not as good as some guy's in the ring but when you look at what he can do overall. He's not far from being the best in the world. Even those guys you named are really good in the ring but their mic work is flawed and unfortunately that is something you need nowadays to make it big in the WWE.

This. And if I may be so bold as to pose a question: If all of those other guys are so good, why aren't legends lining up to work with them? Jericho lobbying for WM, SCSA coming out of retirement, etc. Punk has basically been universally praised since that big promo. If you don't like him personally, thats one thing; but to deny his talent in comparison to others on that list is pretty absurd in my opinion. He's the closest thing to a total package in wrestling today. Give the man his due. Bottom Line: I think I'll trust the opinions of guys who have spent 20+ years doing this over the word of any fan or outsider.

AOF666
09-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I think Phil Brooks is over rated in mic skills and ring skills. His infamous promo was good, he was pretty good after that, but after that it was over played. Now he just sounds like he is whining all the time. He sounds like he wants to be like John Cena. I think the reason fans thinks he is great because of the lack luster talent WWE has today. If it was the attitude era, I think he would been lost in the mix. Fans say that Punk can make anyone look good, but when he wrestled Del Rio, that was a sorry match. If he was good, hard to tell, it seems like as his popularity goes up, the quality of his matches are going down! For not agreeing with most, and thinking Punk is the greatest thing since slice bread, I will be called a troll and every other stupid name they can think of!

Y2J___Y2J
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Dude it's storyline.. do you think that backstage Punk can magically make Vince put the title on Morrison or Ziggler.. People mark out for Punk because he said what everyone wanted to her and his delivery was amazing .. like anybody thought he would turn the WWE on its head in the real world... it doesn't matter if he would like to see a certain guy reach the top.. If Vince doesn't like it then tough shit.
Regarding the guys on the list.. maybe 2 or 3 may be able to put on a better match.. but the guys that could.. are no where close to him on the mic..!
No memorable matches.. Go watch the Punk vs Joe series and say that ain't memorable. Punk vs Cena was fairly good IMO but all his matches are of a high standard
GTS.. it's whoever sells the move that mostly botches it. It's nearly all about the sell that makes it look good

clrj3514
09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
I think Punk may be another victim of the WWE style. He still does some of his variety of moves but not nearly as many as his indy or even ECW days.

UMSILLYUNCE
09-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Punk VS Samoa joe one of the most overrated matches in wrestling history no one has brought to the table any hard facts other than ''Punk is so great at what he does the best in the business'' That's a opinion not a fact. Try again...the iwc smh

URATOOL
09-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Punk VS Samoa joe one of the most overrated matches in wrestling history no one has brought to the table any hard facts other than ''Punk is so great at what he does the best in the business'' That's a opinion not a fact. Try again...the iwc smh

You make that statement but think Alicia Fox is amazing. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're that paddy fella ain't ya?

UMSILLYUNCE
09-24-2011, 05:01 AM
You make that statement but think Alicia Fox is amazing. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're that paddy fella ain't ya?
HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA HAHAAHAH

Damn dude if you ride my dick any harder i'll have to make you my bitch 0__o