PDA

View Full Version : WWE "PG" vs TNA"R"

vbirwin
10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I have to admit, I haven't been a big fan of TNA. I think they have some of the best talent out there but I've always hated having to sit through the "past-their-prime" guys in the main event to get to the talented undercard guys. And when Hogan came in with guys like Bischoff, the Nasty Boys, and Hall and Waltman, I pretty much bailed on the show. Recently though I've been coming back and last night's show was a good example of why.

I love that TNA has gone "R" rated and they seem proud of it. Last night's show reminded me of the WWE's attitude heyday that I loved so much. Foley and Flair beeding everywhere. Abyss carrying a barb wire board. Anderson's whole "A**hole" gimmick. And especially, with more leniency on on what the guys can do and say, it makes their confrontations much more realistic and believable. I normally don't watch Re-Action but the locker room face off between Angle and Anderson at the end was very cool, largely because they were able to act and talk like two guys who hate each other would act and talk. Unlike WWE where two guys who are supposed to be tough guys go nose to nose but have to talk to each other like schoolboys in a playground argument so as not to offend the Kiddies. I have really missed that harder edge that TNA now seems to be embracing.

I was a big fan of TNA when they first started. I was one of the guys who payed the $9.99 for their weekly PPV shows before they got a TV deal. What I liked was that they were trying to be different from WWE with their 8 sided ring, their highlighted cruiserweight division, and their emphasis on talent over talk. I've felt like in the last couple of years they changed into trying to be a WWE clone capped off by Hogan coming in with all his changes and new old guys. But the one thing WWE is missing the "R" rated edge so their product is now watered down for the younger set. I think TNA has finally found the niche they need to seperate themselves and be different from WWE again. And if they continue to pursue it I think they may finally be able to draw fans, especially older fans like myself who are sick of the PG restraints, away from WWE.

vbirwin
10-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Sorry, meant to say 6 sided ring not 8 sided.

cetotheizzo
10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
TNA's target is older wreling fans, so thats why they have the R rating. WWE is tying to move pass all that stuff beause when a wresler dies the blame falls on them and it makes them look bad, so with the pg rating they can say look our show family friendly so it couldnt have had anything to do with there death.

Daniel Bryan
10-08-2010, 11:56 AM
lol its not R so get it right... its TV-14 or 13
thats nowhere near R

merhardt03
10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Ive tuned in n out of Tna last couple years but Ive gotta admit their on fire again. The Tv 14 rating makes things alot more fun. Im an older fan nearing 30 n I will always be a WWE fan but TNA is keeping my attention for the moment Love the Anderson gig

$$$ Maker
10-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I sometimes wonder what if all the old guys in TNA just have a heart attack and die.

cetotheizzo
10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
then they might give WWE some competition

westy
10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
TNA for me all the way. I'm nearling my 30th birthday :( and remember all these guys, hell they can still wrestle and put on a damm good match still. Over here in the UK TNA are huge, and get better ratings than the WWE. I'm loving wrestling again, and all thanks to TNA, thank you!

Bodom
10-09-2010, 08:00 AM
lol its not R so get it right... its TV-14 or 13
thats nowhere near R

A guy with a giant f'n board with giant f'n nails in it, who goes around capturing people, so he can torture and rape them sounds pretty "R" to me.

NightWolf
10-09-2010, 10:42 AM
TNA is alright. But they are not as awesome as they used to be.

If you disagree.. The Shore from TNA would like to have a word with you.

SilverGhost
10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
A guy with a giant f'n board with giant f'n nails in it, who goes around capturing people, so he can torture and rape them sounds pretty "R" to me.

You are not close! That is SOOOO RATED G!

NecroButcher187
10-09-2010, 09:30 PM

Sorry to heap on you buddy, but big difference between TV-14 and R ratings. With a R rating we're talking bare tits and F-bombs, not off-camera beatings with said board, leaving guys laid out in a pool of strawberry syrup. Nw, is the TV-14 putting the spice back into TNA somewhat, yes indeed. Question is, will that be enough to overtake the juggernaut that is the WWE?? I think not....not anytime soon at least.

Bodom
10-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry to heap on you buddy, but big difference between TV-14 and R ratings. With a R rating we're talking bare tits and F-bombs, not off-camera beatings with said board, leaving guys laid out in a pool of strawberry syrup. Nw, is the TV-14 putting the spice back into TNA somewhat, yes indeed. Question is, will that be enough to overtake the juggernaut that is the WWE?? I think not....not anytime soon at least.

Im very aware of the difference between TV-14 and R. I should have added to my post