Dolph Ziggler
Shawn Michaels
Edge
Undertaker
Hulk Hogan
Mark Henry
Cody Rhodes
Ted DiBiase

What do all of these names have in common? Well besides 2 of them they are all past World champions. Besides the same 2 all of have been with WWE for an extremely long time.
These men are the ONLY men to have competed in a main event PPV match NOT for a championship on the same card as John Cena.

Summer Slam 2005-HBK/Hogan
Vengeance 2006-DX/Spirit Squad(Ziggler)
Unforgiven 2006-UT/Henry
Summer Slam 2008-Edge/Undertaker
Hell in a Cell 2009-DX/Legacy

Now this list doesn't include Royal Rumbles/Survivor Series/Elimination Chamber matches.

But as of last Sunday now CM Punk joins a very lucrative list. What does that say about CM Punk? Does this mean CM Punk is the #2 guy? In my honest opinion? Yes.
Nothing against Randy Orton, but it seems to me that they sent Randy Orton over to SD to be THE guy on SD. You know SD is always going to revolve around Orton it's HIS show.
And with that spot filled it left the #2 guy on RAW and essentially the #2 guy in WWE spot open. And as of Sunday night, and even as far back as his pre MITB promo, I feel that CM Punk is now THE new #2 guy.

Thoughts?

steveorton
09-20-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't know if I will call him no.2 as yet but there is now 3 top guys in the company now.

jethro
09-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Cool finding there op,I dont know about being number 2 guy in the company but I think he is definitely one of the top guy right now.

The Hit Man
09-20-2011, 10:54 AM
1. Cena
2. Orton
3. Punk
Then you have guys like ADR, Miz, Truth, Henry, Christian and Sheamus all quite a bit below the top 3 mentioned but are all much of a muchness.

wrestlingfan66513
09-20-2011, 11:53 AM
They put Orton on Smackdown so Cena and Orton can both be champs.

Breakthecode13
09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
They put Orton on Smackdown so Cena and Orton can both be champs.

No....they put him on smackdown because Edge left and they still couldnt trust Christian as "real" main-event

I think the notation about Punk is good, it shows that he is a top guy now. I would classify him more as one of the top guys (next to Orton and Cena) just as Trips was a top guy next to Austin and Rock.

zrdt12
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I think this makes Punk #1. Cena didn't even wrestle in the main event and had a much easier opponent in ADR. Cena loses that match it's back to the bottom of the totem pole :rollseyes:. Over the past three months give or take, Punk has become #1 with very short title reigns. He doesn't need the title to be the best.

I'm also suprised at the list. Quite a few non big names on it.

drempunk
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
you forgot about the undertaker