PDA

View Full Version : Bob Carter on TNA Wrestling

HCollins-TNA1
09-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I know this is about a week old or older.....
But had to post this.....

From a Mick Foley interview..
On TNA's profitability
I was never close enough to know anything more than you guys in the media would know. I do think they had a really profitable year in 2009, and then I heard they may have overspent. But Bob Carter said something very prophetic to Dusty Rhodes when I asked Dusty about the status of the company. He said, ‘Until I close the doors, it’s not a loss, it’s an investment.’ So, I’m glad they’re around, I really wish them the very best, it was a very good place for me to go for a few years. I didn’t see eye-to-eye with them on a lot of things, but I certainly enjoyed most of my time there.
end quote

So as said above Bob Carter must think TNA is a valuable commodity, as it should be..... With that said above, it seems TNA might not close unless the Carters see it as money losing venture which it isn't..... TNA making the money they keeping the viewers they have.... So IMHO, TNA going be around longer then most think or give credit....

monctonvike
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Read that awhile back too, thought about posting it myself glad you did. IMO Nobody really knows, when it comes to these things. Sure lots of people can be monday morning quaterbacks so to speak, and say I told ya so after the fact.

My wife has been watching all my children for like 12 years or so, I am sure there are people that have been watching solid for over 40 years. Its last show airs on friday. She was telling me that like 10 years ago is used to get 10 million viewers and episode now it gets like now its gets like 1million. My point in bringing this up is we never say never, 5 years from now wwe might be off the air let alone tna. Its a dying art form in many ways. There are hundreds of soaps on at night called "dramas" but they would freak if you call them a soap. WWE is calling themselves sport entertainment for the same reason. I hardley know anyone who watches wrestling now. They all say the same thing its "fake" or the soap" opera aspect sucks its not like it used to be ect ect.

all we can do is hope its catches on or can hold on for many years to come

HCollins-TNA1
09-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Read that awhile back too, thought about posting it myself glad you did. IMO Nobody really knows, when it comes to these things. Sure lots of people can be monday morning quaterbacks so to speak, and say I told ya so after the fact.

My wife has been watching all my children for like 12 years or so, I am sure there are people that have been watching solid for over 40 years. Its last show airs on friday. She was telling me that like 10 years ago is used to get 10 million viewers and episode now it gets like now its gets like 1million. My point in bringing this up is we never say never, 5 years from now wwe might be off the air let alone tna. Its a dying art form in many ways. There are hundreds of soaps on at night called "dramas" but they would freak if you call them a soap. WWE is calling themselves sport entertainment for the same reason. I hardley know anyone who watches wrestling now. They all say the same thing its "fake" or the soap" opera aspect sucks its not like it used to be ect ect.

all we can do is hope its catches on or can hold on for many years to come

All My Children
It still do get millions of viewers it DVR like crazy..... I think the thing with the soaps they are expensive for these channels to produce.... paying the actors..... It cheaper to put on hour long talk show be it Dr Phil or the View or such then pay millions in contracts.... I also remember when most Soaps would do 7.0s in the day time.... Now looking at the ratings they pulling 3.5 the highest one.... and 1.8 is the lowest....

True you never know depending on the network showing the product or show be it WWE or TNA..... one reason I thing WWE is looking at it own network.... I think the taboo behind watching wrestling is big thing, most do, but don't admitt to it.....

I just hope both WWE and TNA and ROH and NWA all survives.... times is changing so who knows???

Murphdogg4
09-21-2011, 04:34 AM
It seems to be not so much a thought out viewpoint all the people who say TNA will close, it seems like something they want to see happen. I don't understand it, more wrestling even if it's not great should be something people want. It's good for the wrestlers because it gives them at least a little leeway when negotiating with either company and someplace to go if politics screw them in either fed. I'm glad TNA is around, I just wish they would fire Russo and follow through with their claim that wrestling matters. If Dixie doesn't wake up they may see theirselves fall behind ROH if they do eventually go national. Dixie is completly being worked by Russo and Hogan.