PDA

View Full Version : Next couple of months on Raw

LuckIsForLosers
09-20-2011, 05:23 AM
So an interesting and unpredictable end to Raw...thought it was gold and seems most people share said sentiment. So what happens from here?

It seems they're ignoring the Nash thing, probably on purpose. I think what would be best is that Nash re-appears in HiaC and somehow gets to Punk and Cena for Del Rio to get a cheap win. I think following HiaC, the WWE title should then become secondary to the Main Event. ADR as champ isn't really "the main event" in a roster with Cena, Punk and HHH. They should feud him with Rey Mysterio who returns for revenge from the injury...yeah I know, it's boring, but it's worth it for the more interesting main event involving Cena and Punk.

Then in the weeks up to Survivor Series, Miz, Truth and Nash are re-hired in time for Team Ace vs Team Hunter...that could then be Ace, Miz, Truth and Nash vs HHH, Cena, Punk and someone else.

Leads to speculation as to who that'll be - most people think The Rock, for the recent news. I just don't see how it would fit in. What reason would The Rock have for doing that (kayfabe)? He doesn't like Cena and if it's a "the result will change the landscape of the WWE forever" match, why does Rock care? He isn't IN the WWE!

If not Rock, then who? Maybe Orton - I don't want to make this a Smackdown thread, but, if WWE are sensible, Henry will win HiaC vs Orton based on how much he's been built up and he's destruction on Raw. Then it will be Sheamus vs Henry. Orton out of work...

Maybe it will be "a surprise fourth man" who will turn out to be Undertaker. Who knows. Speculation?

BlazersDozen
09-20-2011, 05:56 AM
I don't think Ace will wrestle. I think it will be Miz, Truth, Nash & Christian V. Punk, Triple H, Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston

Bourne & Kingston have had their problems (as well as Punk) with Awesome Truth for a few weeks before NOC so I could see that continuing as they benefitted from the "contriversy" so Awesome Truth will probably put them in the same catagory as Punk & Cena.

Christian & R-Truth were the ones who originally started this storyline in the summer so I think we could see Christian lose a number one contender's match to Sheamus & bring back up the contriversy angle with his character since there would be no reason for "one more chance"

LuckIsForLosers
09-20-2011, 06:34 AM
I don't think Ace will wrestle. I think it will be Miz, Truth, Nash & Christian V. Punk, Triple H, Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston

Bourne & Kingston have had their problems (as well as Punk) with Awesome Truth for a few weeks before NOC so I could see that continuing as they benefitted from the "contriversy" so Awesome Truth will probably put them in the same catagory as Punk & Cena.

Christian & R-Truth were the ones who originally started this storyline in the summer so I think we could see Christian lose a number one contender's match to Sheamus & bring back up the contriversy angle with his character since there would be no reason for "one more chance"

That's very interesting...I can definitely see that happening...Christian is likely and to be honest, you're right, Ace is unlikely to wrestle...as for Haitch's team - I think him and Punk are guaranteed. I actually considered Bourne and Kingston, it would work out in terms of making sense. I'd be awfully disappointed though...if you've got as dark, unsettling, convoluted and deep a story line as this, with players like Awesome Truth, HHH, Nash, Punk, Laurinaitis etc who have been involved in "the conspiracy", it would be boring to have a less serious team like "Air Boom".

I'd much rather see Cena in HHH's team. I know by your post on my Alberto thread that you don't like Cena - can't say I'm a fan at the moment myself (thank WWE for that for giving him another title yawn), but seeing him in this conspiracy storyline and for once not competing for the title would be fresh (or as fresh as Cena can be). If ADR vs Cena continues for the rest of this year, I will be stuck in a perpetual yawn - I like ADR, not sure why people don't, but one thing I concede - whether I think he's good in the ring or mic, I find his character rather boring and "same old", so him v Cena would be a yawn-fest.

As I said, i think they should use the WWE title at the moment to help put people over and make it secondary to this phenomenal "conspiracy" storyline - ADR feuding with a Raw face who isn't Punk or Cena as a secondary main event to the conspiracy. Problem is I can't think of a face who could do it. Morrison is being buried and jobbed (any JoMo fans, OUCH after this Monday's RAW), Alex Riley is certainly not ready. Ryder?!

If it IS Cena/Punk/HHH/? vs Nash/Christian/Miz/Truth, how will "?" be? Despite advertisements, I just don't see how Rocky can fit in that role. Still think it'll be Orton.

Y2J___Y2J
09-20-2011, 07:06 AM
The next while should be interesting to say the least.. but it could also turn into a train wreck

BlazersDozen
09-20-2011, 07:17 AM
I didn't include Cena for a few reasons

1) He isn't recently included in the storyline although, that could seriously change at HITC
2) I think he'll be holding the strap come SS time & WWE are trying to force the prestige of the WWE title so hard that I can't see them not having a title match at SS which is one of the big 4 ppvs of the year.
3) The only time Cena has been involved in this storyline is when Punk is chasing the title. When Punk was involved with Nash & Triple H, Cena & Punk didn't even appear with eachother or talk to eachother once.

Yes, I agree with your point on Air Boom but at the same time, isn't that the contriversy at hand? WWE protects & hands things to these guys who appeal to the younger audience ala Cena & Air Boom? So I think they would fit just enough for this match.

The Rock never said he will be teaming up with Cena in an SS style match. He just said they would be teaming up. That could mean in tons of different ways & a lot of different variations could've been meant.

Although I made all these arguments I think we will be force fed some Cena in this storyline & creative will force him into it. Possibly the ?? Could be Jericho. He said in an interview while Miz was WWE champ that he wants to come back but with Rock in the mix, he's going to wait unless there's something for him in the long term. He could come back face and be worked into the storyline then during the match it could be final 4 with Jericho & Punk remaining on Triple H's side & he walks off on Punk setting up their fued leading to WM28.

BlazersDozen
09-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Just for the record, I do not hate or dislike Cena. I think he's a good wrestler & deserves his spot based on his wrestling ability & mic work prior to his main event spot.

I just don't like how he's booked & how he has calmed down his character to play to only kids.

steveorton
09-20-2011, 08:54 AM
The next while should be interesting to say the least.. but it could also turn into a train wreck

Very true ..

AOF666
09-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I just found out that Miz and Truth was kafabe fired. I was end up watching the Roast of Charlie Sheen, which was way more entertaining than WWE. It really stupid with all these firings. Vince was relieve of his duty for bad decisions, now Haitch is doing it. What do they expect fans to forget, what happened?