PDA

View Full Version : Muppets to Host Raw?!

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 02:16 PM
So I read on the front page that the Muppets are going to host RAW? WTF? I felt as though they were getting away from the PG thing. The Muppets? Well I hope the Cookie Monster does this!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/595/466/John-Cena-vs-Cookie-Monster_display_image.jpg?1293505939

Here is the link:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/The_Muppets_To_Host_Halloween_RAW__Saturn_Upd.php

Thoughts?

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
So I read on the front page that the Muppets are going to host RAW? WTF? I felt as though they were getting away from the PG thing. The Muppets? Well I hope the Cookie Monster does this!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/595/466/John-Cena-vs-Cookie-Monster_display_image.jpg?1293505939

Here is the link:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/The_Muppets_To_Host_Halloween_RAW__Saturn_Upd.php

Thoughts?

Cena gets a Miss Piggy snog, bank on it. Bit weird, ok seriously weird, but Ill be watching it.

thejman93
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I know people are gonna be pissed off but c'mon...the Muppets are awesome!

Automatic
09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I guess we won't be seeing any muppets in the ring.

Iron Ape
09-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I know people are gonna be pissed off but c'mon...the Muppets are awesome!
Yep. Plus, I've got my fingers crossed that Jason Segel will be coming with them.

Iron Ape
09-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it's probably just going to be backstage vignettes.

Androo
09-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Well McGillitunga might have a match against Lawler, so wouldn't rule it out.

Cheap shot!!!!!!! Sowweeee.

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Well McGillitunga might have a match against Lawler, so wouldn't rule it out.

Cheap shot!!!!!!! Sowweeee.

Well if Jerry teams with Kermit, Ms Piggy could be his valet and she looks out for the frog.

Bodom
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm totally watching this.

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Dave "The Animal" Batista vs Animal lol

Seriously this could be fun.

Bodom
09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Dave "The Animal" Batista vs Animal lol

Seriously this could be fun.

Now I'm really pissed they fired Kozlov.

We could have finally gotten a Kozlov - Sam the Eagle segment!!

Androo
09-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Well if Jerry teams with Kermit, Ms Piggy could be his valet and she looks out for the frog.

Sorry, I just intended it as McGillitunga, Lawler, were muppets. "Muppets" is like a slang term for a doofus, idiot, in the UK anyway.

Urban Dictionary:

"muppets" - An alternative term for idiot or moron. Usually used in the UK to describe someone who is incompetant or gormless. Taken from the name for the popular Jim Henson Puppets. - "You bloody muppet!"

Bad, I know. lol

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 02:43 PM

Aw damn forgot about that, would have been great with Santino not being able to tell the real Kozlov.

Iron Ape
09-19-2011, 02:44 PM

Hahahaha. Holy shit, that would have been amazing.

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 02:46 PM

And Shaemus and Beaker!

http://www.lovelongandprosper.com/pix/beaker.jpg

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Would love to see Booker T and the Swedish Chef do commentary.

"Aw its all going on now dawg"

"Nooney nooney noo"

the-rocks-stunner
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
this is why the IWC is fucked up... the muppets are class!... can't wait

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 02:53 PM
The Muppet Mauler is a former Sambo champion!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110117133055/muppet/images/thumb/0/07/Sam_Eagle.JPG/300px-Sam_Eagle.JPG

Androo
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Would love to see Booker T and the Swedish Chef do commentary.

"Aw its all going on now dawg"

"Nooney nooney noo"

This could be amazing!

Muppets popping up everywhere in different roles on Raw!

Automatic
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
I want to see the 2 old guys who complain about everything.

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Michael Cole and... lol

Yeah in the VIP section watching the divas, Statler and Waldorf ftw

Androo
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM

Put some computers and a tv of Raw in front of them, and just keep going back to them after a match/skit. The muppet analogy of the IWC.

SLEEPY LOCO1
09-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Here is the link:

Thoughts?

This sounds really stupid, but if cookie monster does get Cena in the ankle lock I will be loving it.

thetheme
09-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Grover vs Super Cena vs Super Orton. Miss Piggy vs Vicky. Kermit beating the miz...

thejman93
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Punk vs. Cookie Monster in an Ice Cream Bar vs. Cookie Showdown.

Danny92
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfRGSU1EWc

cookie monster myt fail the wellness policy

AOF666
09-19-2011, 03:53 PM

Here is the link:

Thoughts?

This is really funny, thanks for the laugh!

Y2J___Y2J
09-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Damn you.. PG.. Damn You.

charmingone28
09-19-2011, 04:08 PM
I love it, this is definetly one Raw I'll make sure the kids watch :). I'd personally love to see the Waldorf and the other old guy on commentary, would be a great change from Cole, Lawler and, JR

Reloval
09-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Best guest host ever....

Bodom
09-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Just noticed this is for the October 31 Raw. I don't really understand why they'd bring in the Muppets when all the kids will be out trick-or-treating.

ELNIOJR
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM
If he can make John Cena Tap, then so be it :mad:

Rockstar83
09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Cokie Moster for WWE CHAMPION!

VanHooliganX
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Thoughts?

MAKE HIM TAP! FOR ALL YOUR GODAMN WORTH MAKE HIM TAP!!!

The fans demand Cookie Monster vs. Elmo (2012 Royal Rumble winner) vs. Animal (The drummer, not the roidman) happen at wrestlemania 28!!!

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Just noticed this is for the October 31 Raw. I don't really understand why they'd bring in the Muppets when all the kids will be out trick-or-treating.

The kids are usually back home by then.

Sydnister
09-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I love it, this is definetly one Raw I'll make sure the kids watch :). I'd personally love to see the Waldorf and the other old guy on commentary, would be a great change from Cole, Lawler and, JR

That would be Statler and Waldorf. I am a bigger mark for the Muppets that anyone in the WWE. I am in!!!

HCollins-TNA1
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Here is the link:

Thoughts?

I love the Muppets.... Hope they have the 2 old guys Statler and Waldorf reviewing the show...... from a balcony...

nrb6304
09-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Muppets FTW for life!!!! hahaha idc if I don't believe in Santa this RAW is gonna be the shit!!! hahaha

HCollins-TNA1
09-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Since the 31st Halloween is school night most cities and towns will be probably either be a day or two earlier..... but also most Trick or Treating is done before 8pm most places....

evilgenius780
09-19-2011, 08:49 PM
And Shaemus and Beaker!

http://www.lovelongandprosper.com/pix/beaker.jpg

If this does not happen I will have completely lost my faith in the pro wrestling industry

Sage
09-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Only two ways this could go, "bad" and "so bad its awesome"

charmingone28
09-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Since the 31st Halloween is school night most cities and towns will be probably either be a day or two earlier..... but also most Trick or Treating is done before 8pm most places....

I usually take my kids out when it gets dark but I have sattelite so Raw comes on at 6 for me :)

Shining Light
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
So one week today is Halloween, and we all know what that means!
The Muppets are hosting Raw!
What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen?
Personally, I would love to see Kermit flirting with the divas... and Fozzie Bear being added to the "Hall Of Pain"
That's right... I love seeing puppets being crushed!

samoan619
10-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I know people hate the guest hosts, but imma big fan of the muppets since forever.. All that Jim Henson stuff gets my support, especially with my son, he's got the Henson library going on over here..

BlazersDozen
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
John Cena & Kermit the Frog squash Alberto Del Rio & Gonzo

Mikeyboy7777777
10-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I want to see statler and waldorf commentate on a diva's match and a match with cena and/or orton that would be fantasticXD

RLRtheSecond
10-24-2011, 01:25 PM
i'd rather see Beaker do the color commentary

Wade Barrett 1979
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I wonder which Muppet, Job Morrison will get pinned by?!

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm going to guess these will all be backstage segments?

Xpacfan
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
So one week today is Halloween, and we all know what that means!
The Muppets are hosting Raw!
What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen?
Personally, I would love to see Kermit flirting with the divas... and Fozzie Bear being added to the "Hall Of Pain"
That's right... I love seeing puppets being crushed!

-sigh- The sad part about this is, is that no one reads threads like this and sees the sad state of affairs the WWE is in. Why the hell is anyone talking about more or less looking forward to what a bunch of muppets are going to do on RAW vs. Wondering just who the Undertaker will prepare to sacrifice.

WTF, man....

thejman93
10-24-2011, 03:50 PM
The smarky people among us are probably all pissed off about this but c'mon....How can you hate on the Muppets?

Rich Cranium
10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
One week to go! :)

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Yep. Plus, I've got my fingers crossed that Jason Segel will be coming with them.

I'm not too sure about that. I personally love Segel but WWE audiences are just brutal to guest hosts. Only a few have risen above. I'm a big Seth Green fan and I was appalled at the car wreck Raw he co-hosted. When Seth can't save a show, you know you're in the shit ;)

Xpacfan
10-24-2011, 04:03 PM
The smarky people among us are probably all pissed off about this but c'mon....How can you hate on the Muppets?

Its not smarky to be over the age 13 and actually want to see something a little more mature than muppets on a wres...I mean entertainment show!

Lets be real...you wouldn't rather see an Inferno Match, Casket Match, Buried Alive Match or just classic Undertaker stuff opposed to Muppets???

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:03 PM

True, and you just know that Hornswoggle is going to figure into the picture somewhere

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Its not smarky to be over the age 13 and actually want to see something a little more mature than muppets on a wres...I mean entertainment show!

Lets be real...you wouldn't rather see an Inferno Match, Casket Match, Buried Alive Match or just classic Undertaker stuff opposed to Muppets???

Yeah, I'd rather it was 1997 again too but hey, where's the flux capacitor? ;)

Xpacfan
10-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I'd rather it was 1997 again too but hey, where's the flux capacitor? ;)

SERIOUSLY?! You find Muppets now more entertaining than Inferno Matches, Casket Matches, and Buried Alive Matches???

thejman93

Sure I would but since that isn't gonna happen, I'll happily settle for Kermit.

But yeah, if you gave me the option I'd choose the 'Taker stuff in a heartbeat.

Automatic
Goddamn I hope they won't overexpose Hornswoggle.

Xpacfan
10-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Sure I would but since that isn't gonna happen, I'll happily settle for Kermit.

But yeah, if you gave me the option I'd choose the 'Taker stuff in a heartbeat.

SEE! That's the problem! Why keep settling for something childish instead of just demanding to see what you really want to see?

thejman93
10-24-2011, 04:16 PM
SEE! That's the problem! Why keep settling for something childish instead of just demanding to see what you really want to see?

Because I'm a lazy American who is never proactive in any sort of movement. :D:p

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure The 'E isn't listening.

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it's pretty naive to think WWE is willing to listen to what fans want rather than presuming to know and feeding us crap. But we keep eating it up, so what kind of message do you think that sends back to WWE? Wrestling fans simply will not turn off in protest, they haven't got that kind of solidarity with each other.

Rassling_Fan
10-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Considering the Classic Undertaker stuff can only be done (without looking stupid) by the Undertaker, and his last appearance saw him leave on a stretcher, I'll take the Muppets. I would like to see the Undertaker LIVE to be inducted to the Hall of Fame.

Also, the Inferno matches were stupid. You pretty much knew from the start who'll win.

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
SERIOUSLY?! You find Muppets now more entertaining than Inferno Matches, Casket Matches, and Buried Alive Matches???

ZZZOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! No need to duck Xpacfan, it already flew over your head

thejman93
10-24-2011, 04:31 PM
ZZZOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! No need to duck Xpacfan, it already flew over your head

Y'know Rob, I almost forgot just how awesome your sarcasm can be. :D

Robstar
10-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Y'know Rob, I almost forgot just how awesome your sarcasm can be. :D

Awwww, shucks Jman, you're embarrasing me! :)

samoan619
10-26-2011, 01:19 PM
-sigh- The sad part about this is, is that no one reads threads like this and sees the sad state of affairs the WWE is in. Why the hell is anyone talking about more or less looking forward to what a bunch of muppets are going to do on RAW vs. Wondering just who the Undertaker will prepare to sacrifice.

WTF, man....

LMAO, the marks come out at night (sung in the fashion of Whodini's "Freaks Come Out At Night").. A sacrifice from the Undertaker is as real as a muppet's heartbeat.. You are a walking, talking oxymoron if you think an inferno match or a fake sacrifice by a fake zombie man is more mature than a muppet cameo.. Plus the Muppets are from the 70s & 80s, I dont think most kids would even know the Muppets these days.. I havent seen a Muppet on TV in at least a decade(minus Kermit)..

Dr. Death
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Yea!!! We can have Statler and Waldorf do commentary, Beaker & Sheamus vs Jack Swagger & Sam the Eagle in a Tag Team Turmoil Match, Rizzo the Rat as Special Guest Referee in a Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton match, Air Boom with Gonzo vs The Usos with Dr. Julius Strangepork for the Tag Championship, a Diva six person tag match with Beth Phoenix - Miss Piggy - and Natalya vs Kelly Kelly - Animal - and Eve, have Pepe the King Prawn and Hornswoggle do interviews in the back, Kermit can be a guest GM with Laurinaitis, Fozzie Bear introduce the return of Y2J - ( hey it's made up anyway ), a Buried Alive match between The Swedish Chef vs Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and for the Main event we could have Cena vs Del Rio vs CM Punk vs Miz vs R-Truth vs Dolph Ziggler in a Lumber Muppet Championship Scramble Match.