PDA

View Full Version : US and IC

Rilla
09-19-2011, 12:55 PM
While everyone else is going at it over:

A) Cena winning another title
B) Punk losing.

I'd like to know what you folks thought of Cody and Ted, as well as Swagger, Ziggler, Morrison, and A-Ry.

Mtt08 xXx
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I love Rhodes and ziggler. and I also love that they're both involved in storylines somewhat. well see Rhodes and dibiase again at hiac, and probably ziggler swagger also. hopefully Rhodes will retain, which I think he will, but I fear ziggler won't. I'm not a fan of swagger so maybe a-ry could be involved in the match as well

Theusernamepokeofdoom
09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Cody and Ted was brilliant to me, it showed how Cody was a great wrestler- but all Teds power compared to Cody'. The fatal four way I was really iffy on, I mean that move by Jomo was really cool- but it was just Ziggler and Swagger squashing their opponents trying to out do each other, not my type of fatal four-way.

El T Draino 316
09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I really liked both Champs retaining. When a credible star retains a title, it can only enhance the credibility of the title. If a title switches hands every PPV, it starts to lose some value or esteem in eyes.

Cody and Ted- I don't think Ted is over enough as a face to carry the title. Plus Cody has a good thing going, I'd prefer it if held it a little longer. Really needs to lose the mask for some kneepads though. Maybe if the mask was jet black it'd be cool, but its crystal clear- we CAN SEE that he is not brutally ugly.

Ziggler- Let the HEEL shine. Drop Vickie please. I follow Dolph on Twitter, he's a funny, confident dude. Hiding in her obnoxiously annoying shadow for this long isn't helping him anymore- just holding him back.

Rilla
09-19-2011, 01:22 PM
On the mask thing, I read about what his gimmick might be. He /did/ have a broken nose, but no one can really tell besides him. So to everyone else.. he looks perfectly fine, to him however, he's /screwed./

I did like both matches though. I'd of been happier if it was just Ziggler/Swagger.

radturtle
09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I admit that I was never a fan of Cody Rhodes when he first came in to the WWE. But he's grown on me, almost to the point where I can say that I'm a fan. Ziggler is awesome. I hope they both carry the titles for a while.

Automatic
09-19-2011, 02:29 PM
It were good matches.

The Hit Man
09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I thought apart from the HHH/Punk match they were the best matches on the card! I'm really glad that the mid card titles are been given proper storylines to work with. Also liked how they had a fatal four way in there, makes a change from the usual one on one match we see.

wrestlingfan66513
09-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Riley needs a character and I can see him in the title scene. After beating the Miz to get over you would think his character (or lack of one) would be interesting. JoMo was just there to be there. I think he should go to Smackdown since we have way to many heels over there.

Y2J___Y2J
09-19-2011, 02:47 PM
For all round in-ring stuff.. the fatal four way was the best match of the night.!
The IC title stuff will go on 'til HIAC I would think with Rhodes winning again.. Just can't see DiBiase getting the win.

The Hit Man
09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I think DiBiase will get the title eventually. By WM anyway.

Jags
09-19-2011, 03:26 PM
I love fatal 4 ways, everyone gets their little spot in the match. I didn't think Ziggler would retain, but he is a great champion. I don't mind Ziggler being champion although I was rooting for Morrison to get his career back on track make the heel champs / face champs in balance again. I like to go where this Ziggler / Swagger angle goes.

I'm a huge Cody Rhodes fan, I see him having a great run and bringing back prestige to the Intercontinental Championship. He really made his gimmick and ring performance work and I see him as a definite future World Champion!

radturtle
09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
This is just nitpicking, but does anyone else think that Cody Rhodes should get some kneepads, or maybe switch to tights cause of his chicken legs? lol

SESAfro
09-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm a huge Cody Rhodes fan, I see him having a great run and bringing back prestige to the Intercontinental Championship. He really made his gimmick and ring performance work and I see him as a definite future World Champion!
This.

This is just nitpicking, but does anyone else think that Cody Rhodes should get some kneepads, or maybe switch to tights cause of his chicken legs? lol
Nope. He's awesome without the kneepads.