PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry Storyline.

Final_Silence
09-19-2011, 11:50 AM
First of all the clean win last night shocked the hell out of me. But you think why? I don't know if it's only me but I'm thinking they are going to let him hole the belt for a while and build up this "cannot be defeated monster" angle. All for the reason to bring back a masked Kane. We all heard Kane say he was not a monster anymore. What better way to re=establish Kane then to mask him, say it makes him the true monster and wreck people. I understand he's old but if he puts over every single guy in the back how credible is he anymore? It's just setting up perfectly to me. Anyone else agree?

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Kane wont put the mask on again it was to hide his burned face originally now we all know what he looks like under the mask whats the point.

The only guy i can see (if Henry dosent drop the title straight back to Orton on Smackdown) having a fued with Henry is Sheamus and maybe the Big Show when he returns to bring us yet another god awful match.

Although i hate Mark Henry though i do hope he holds the title for the next 4 months atleast

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I can see one of 2 things happening, 1) he drops it back to Orton at HIAC or 2) he holds it for a few months and drops it to Sheamus after he beats Christian to become number 1 contender and hopefully defends it against Barrett at Mania.

Necroyeti
09-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Couldn't disagree more.

Kane's push last autumn was somewhat of a failure (barring his promos)... and taking steps backward in his character development just to put the mask back on him for no reason. Well, that will certainly fall on stony ground. Stop living in the past ladm8

The Big Slow seems more likely to me anyway... but I reckon if they book a "small" guy to take down Henry, that would be too ultimate a rub to ignore.

OH WHO AM I KIDDING LOL ORTON WINZ AT HELL IN A CELL RKO RKO RKO RKO RKO RKO RKO RKO

johnnydropkicks
09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
I was surprised by this. I thought Henry might win but I was still stinging from what happened in the last prediction so I bet on Orton's non-losing history. I had no idea he'd win clean and especially he dominated Orton at the end. Really excited about Henry right now.

I don't want either Kane or Big Show. I certainly don't want Big Show. Kane provided they make him the monster he should be with him challenging Henry for hell in the cell. I DEFINITELY think Henry should win that. Henry could very well be a candidate for Undertaker after that feud if he wins.

steveorton
09-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Orton will legend kill this Monstrous heel gimmick of Mark Henry at Hell in the Cell with an r k o.

Too see reasons why Kane shouldn't dorn the mask again check out Ring the Bell Episode 2 by ELNIOJR.

ELNIOJR
09-19-2011, 12:29 PM
In my Book:

When Randy get his rematch, bring back Chris Jericho to cost him the belt (pay-back), that would lead a feud between the 2, RKO out of the tittle picture for awhile. Seeing that Henry probably wont increase the ratings, Jericho is back, could make SD fun again...

And Henry can go against Sheamus

But...

ELNIOJR
09-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Orton will legend kill this Monstrous heel gimmick of Mark Henry at Hell in the Cell with an r k o.

Too see reasons why Kane shouldn't dorn the mask again check out Ring the Bell Episode 2 by ELNIOJR.

Can be seen here:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/tags.php?tag=ring+the+bell

Thanks for the Pub Steve... :D

steveorton
09-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Can be seen here:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/tags.php?tag=ring+the+bell

Thanks for the Pub Steve... :D

No problem bro :)

johnnydropkicks
09-19-2011, 01:22 PM
yay we love RTB

Androo
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
The Book of EZEKIEL says, EZEKIEL JACKSON.

Fuck knows?!

Mr. McMahon
09-19-2011, 02:42 PM
mark henry does not deserve the belt, to all the idiots saying he deserves it... thank god you are not running the company. That way anyone who has been in the company for 15 years should get a title shot, whether they draw or not? So then I guess all people would do is job for 15 years and then one fine day be champion?

the guy does not draw, and nobody cared about him ever. People are only jumping on his bandwagon right now, no one ever cared about him and if you say you did then you are just bullshitting. The champion should be someone who draws, face or heel. Henry does NOT draw. Cena draws, Christian draws, Orton does, HHH did, Angle did, Rock did, Jericho did, Eddie did, RVD did, henry has never done and will never draw

Y2J___Y2J
09-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Knowing WWE.. Orton will bury his ass at HIAC.. hope he gets a good title reign.. as I like the story

johnnydropkicks
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
mark henry does not deserve the belt, to all the idiots saying he deserves it... thank god you are not running the company. That way anyone who has been in the company for 15 years should get a title shot, whether they draw or not? So then I guess all people would do is job for 15 years and then one fine day be champion?

the guy does not draw, and nobody cared about him ever. People are only jumping on his bandwagon right now, no one ever cared about him and if you say you did then you are just bullshitting. The champion should be someone who draws, face or heel. Henry does NOT draw. Cena draws, Christian draws, Orton does, HHH did, Angle did, Rock did, Jericho did, Eddie did, RVD did, henry has never done and will never draw

I don't think this is a bandwagon. A little while ago there were plenty of people going "wtf is Mark Henry doing the main-event". I definitely he is deserving both for being and for not having one. This is not a bandwagon.

The Brown One
09-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't think this is a bandwagon. A little while ago there were plenty of people going "wtf is Mark Henry doing the main-event". I definitely he is deserving both for being and for not having one. This is not a bandwagon.

Agreed.

I just can't stand another one of these Mark Henry and Masked Kane threads though. We see 2 of them like every week.

The Hit Man
09-19-2011, 02:53 PM
In my Book:

When Randy get his rematch, bring back Chris Jericho to cost him the belt (pay-back), that would lead a feud between the 2, RKO out of the tittle picture for awhile. Seeing that Henry probably wont increase the ratings, Jericho is back, could make SD fun again...

And Henry can go against Sheamus

But...

It's all very well saying this but the reality is Jericho isn't coming back for quite some time. I would have liked that to happen though!

I think Orton will get the title back at HIAC via help by Kane (Come out from underneath the ring or some shit). Orton goes onto fued with Sheamus for the title and Henry and Kane start a fued.

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
The Book of EZEKIEL says, EZEKIEL JACKSON.

Fuck knows?!

Thou Shall Not Wrestle Unless its a body slam?

Automatic
09-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I hope he holds the title at least until TLC/Rumble, there have been enough title changed in the past months, or al the way until WM and we have the potential 5 star match: Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry. Would give Bryan some major credibility.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I hope he holds the title at least until TLC/Rumble, there have been enough title changed in the past months, or al the way until WM and we have the potential 5 star match: Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry. Would give Bryan some major credibility.

I'm sorry, but Henry will never wrestle a five star match. From the people on the current roster who could wrestle a five star match with Bryan I would say Ziggler, Punk, and Barrett.

I know I left some people out, but I was just putting people who could wrestle a five star match and could possibly be champion by Mania.

Automatic
09-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry, but Henry will never wrestle a five star match. From the people on the current roster who could wrestle a five star match with Bryan I would say Ziggler, Punk, and Barrett.

I know I left some people out, but I was just putting people who could wrestle a five star match and could possibly be champion by Mania.

Ah, you didn't sensed my sarcasm. Should've made it more clear to be honest.

TheRockerGother
09-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Is Kane with a mask gonna make him entertain me more and wrestle better???
No I don't think so plus we know what he looks like what's the point and as well the mask made it hard for him to wrestle as he couldn't see clearly.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Ah, you didn't sensed my sarcasm. Should've made it more clear to be honest.

Sorry with all the sudden Henry love here everything is blurry. My bad

maar13
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM

And why exactly does he do not deserve the belt? I mean yes you have a point saying that in the past none cared about the guy, because the man was not pushed right, He doesn't have to be as eloquent as Punk, or as technical as Daniel Bryan, he just need to be what he is the best at, A fucking monster with no remorse, someone unstoppable, what he was supposed to be like 10 years ago.

The man has been good at his role for a while, even with the little glimpses as ECW champion and even on his rivalry with Taker he showed he could take more than just being someone who could barely move.

Also, Orton is draw for sure, but Smackdown is becoming Orton against the World and it is getting tiresome, it needed a change, maybe Mark is not the best change, but at least is something.

The man has worked his ass off in promos and his latest matches, he like it or not was the most believable treath to Orton over there, too soon for Cody and both Sheamus and Christian had been defeated by Orton multiple times, Barret too, also better exploit his potential now before it is too late, like it was with Kane last year, not even with Taker losing to him 3 times in a row they could really pull that one up, it was not that bad but after Taker was done with it, there was nothing left for Kane, it was 8 years too late.

Also, better now than never, He has become effective at what he does, better now than when he start getting slower, yes even slower. And he is intimidating weather you like it or not, He deserves a shot to show he can be the top heel where every other heel has failed against Orton.

Also, before you call someone an idiot you should read the little rant you put together and see if you don't fall in that same group.

BlazersDozen
09-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Someone hit it on the head earlier in the thread. He's going to put Orton on the injured list (Orton needs time off) & they are going to use this to shoot Sheamus to the stars then fued with Wade Barrett while Christian is slowly pushed back down to midcard. His gimmic is killing him.

Mark Henry is doing a great job for a big guy recently so I have no problem with any of this. I actually became a fan recently. I used to hate him due to his fattyness, predator look, horrible mic skills & not even being able to sell falling out of the ring but he's worked really hard to improve & its really showing. I love this! Big Show & Kane are still going to return & I think we'll see Kane align himself with Henry claiming that Henry brought the evil back out of him so he's gracious towards him while Show & Sheamus are trying to take out Henry.

Murphdogg4
09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
glad to see Henry get the belt, only took the guy being around 50 years to finally get a push.

samoan619
09-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Mark Henry winning the title made Night Of The Champions worth it for me and im not being sarcastic..

Kashdinero
09-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Mark Henry winning the title made Night Of The Champions worth it for me and im not being sarcastic..

This is true.

Henry is at his best in the ring, and he is playing the character he should have been playing all along. Every time the office book him to look weak, it makes wrestling that much more unbelievable.

samoan619
09-20-2011, 12:58 AM
This is true.

Henry is at his best in the ring, and he is playing the character he should have been playing all along. Every time the office book him to look weak, it makes wrestling that much more unbelievable.

My Bruva!!! #Salute

bcfccalum
09-20-2011, 05:29 AM

this ^^^^^^. i actually celebrated when he did. but of course my mood was brought back down when the decided to put the title on cena AGAIN -.-

jethro
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I too was surprise with the clean win plus Henry look strong entire time,and here I thought Henry is gonna go for cheap win roll up hold tights,hit Orton with the heavyweight title etc but whoa a clean win.

zapphoman
09-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I was happy to see Mark Henry win the title. He did great in that match.