PDA

View Full Version : Main Title Changes Since Wrestlemania :mad:

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 08:06 AM
This year is becoming a joke in WWE we are 6 months in and look:-

Since Wrestlemania the WWE Championship

The Miz lost the title to Cena, Cena lost to CM Punk, CM Punk was stripped of the belt, Rey Mysterio beat the Miz, John Cena beat Rey, CM Punk beat Cena, Del Rio beat CM Punk and Cena Beat Del Rio

Thats 7 times in 6 months the title has changed hands. Compared to 3 times the last WWE year.

And the WHC

Edge retired, Christian beat Del Rio, Orton beat Christian, Christian beat Orton, Orton beat Christian and Henry beat Christian

Thats 6 times in 6 months we have had a different Champion compared to last wrestling years 5.

I am the only one who actually wants to see someone have a run with the title????

The rate we are going i there is 2 title changes a month by wrestlemania the two main titles would of changed a combined 24 times!!!!!!

steveorton
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm all for a title change when it adds something to a feud but I agree thats way too much title changes in that short period of time.

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm all for a title change when it adds something to a feud but I agree thats way too much title changes in that short period of time.

The last truly great champions were Triple H with Evolution and JBL and how long where they champions for?

EDIT: And Edge

Danny92
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM
cena has won the title 3 times in the last 6 months, says it all really

The_Awesome_One
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM
The last truly great champions were Triple H with Evolution and JBL and how long where they champions for?

EDIT: And Edge

what about cena he had a ridiculus run wasnt it like a year, defending at 2 manias one against HBK and one against HHH

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Can see Henry dropping the World title back to Orton at HIAC, or Sheamus not long after. TBH a 3-4 month reign is pretty good, but other recently only Miz and Kane have achieved that.

Daffy Duck's Finest
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
It doesn't bother me about the title changes, but what DOES bother me is why give Cena 3 of them in 6 months. It makes no sense and ruins the likes of Rey's and ADR's credibility.

At least Orton finally jobbed in order to lose his title last night....

68wPayne
09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I think that the general audience gets tired of a champion alot quicker nowadays. Can't please everybody all the time. I for one am hoping that when Wade Barrett gets the title he will have a lengthy run

Foxx
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Far too many changes....a long run NEEDS to happen...at least until WM...of course it will probably be Cena...smh...as long as it inslt one of those JBL type runs Im ok....his shit was far too long lol

Mr. McMahon
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Triple H was the last great champion, and I am talking about his 2005 title run, not the 2009 one. He held the title for so long and beat pretty much everyone. Anyone at that point who could beat HHH would instantly become a huge star, because beating HHH was difficult and everyone wanted to see him loose the belt. That is why Batista became so huge and popular, not because he had 'great' mic skills or anything, but because of the fact that he completely destroyed HHH.

Had batista feuded with lets say jericho at wm21 instead, he would still remain a mid carder

wrestlingfan66513
09-19-2011, 09:05 AM
We haven't had a PPV in a while where someone actually defended the title and retained. This is getting ridiculous.

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 09:16 AM
what about cena he had a ridiculus run wasnt it like a year, defending at 2 manias one against HBK and one against HHH

Cena isnt a truly great champion though is he?

Plus Batista, Sheamus and The Miz where champions throughout that year Cena didnt hold the title for that long he lost it to one of these then won it back again a few months later

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 09:19 AM
We haven't had a PPV in a while where someone actually defended the title and retained. This is getting ridiculous.

Sorry for the double post.

But yeah ive had enough of this shit.

I hate TNA but im going to have to start watching it as im bored shitless by this crap.

And yeah Triple H with Evolution was GOLD.

I hate Mark Henry but i hope he holds onto the title until Elimination Chamber. And without a doubt Cena will drop his title before Mania to face The Rock and he will then go on and win the title at Backlash back into this a new champion every month shit we are on now.

Rokudo
09-19-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm a guy who has always defended Cena for his contribution and devotion to the business, I mean, he literally saved WWE a while back by keeping the child viewers and selling merch... but apparently, my boiling point was last night and now I do believe Cena is killing WWE:
-Granting wishes for little kids is awesome, but taking pictures with fat kids and then using fat jokes literally EVERY night isn't very classy ... and don't get me started on the gay jokes.
-While promoting anti-bullying, Cena is in fact one of the biggest bullies in WWE. He always verbally insults and beats up his opponents, even "harmless" assistants, managers and ring-announcers.
-He has admitted on TV he doesn't care about people who aren't his fans.
-He ruined or at least slowed down the careers of people like Wade Barret, Miz, ADR and others. Instead of the cheap hype from beating and humiliating them, WWE could have built and established long term superstars. The 1st 2, especially, were very over as heels, but after being humiliated by Cena, both have dropped to mid-card.
-Although he has added new moves to his arsenal like drop kicks and leg drops and his matches are certainly better then last year, they are still very predictable with the opponent beating him throughout the match, only to lose to the "5 moves of doom".
-With his hot-potato like raigns of the WWE title, it has been majorly devaluated. Since WM, Miz lost the title to Cena, who lost it to Punk (who technically held it for 1 night), then Ray won (and held it for 1 hour), then Cena won it back, Lost it to Punk, who lost it to ADR and only 35 days later Cena won it again.
-Fans have been more vocal then ever in their hate for Cena. The usual "Lets go Cena, Cena sucks" chants contain more and more boos every week, he was booed even in his home town.
-He constantly makes history by breaking his own records, which annoys people.
-Commentators have admitted that Cena has limited skills.
-Etc, Etc.

Maybe I'm too harsh? If he was a heel maybe, but he is a face, THE face in fact, so obviously he should watch his every word and action
/rant over!
btw, typing fast while in a taxi, excuse any mistakes...

VanHooliganX
09-19-2011, 10:20 AM
This year is becoming a joke in WWE we are 6 months in and look:-

Since Wrestlemania the WWE Championship

The Miz lost the title to Cena, Cena lost to CM Punk, CM Punk was stripped of the belt, Rey Mysterio beat the Miz, John Cena beat Rey, CM Punk beat Cena, Del Rio beat CM Punk and Cena Beat Del Rio

Thats 7 times in 6 months the title has changed hands. Compared to 3 times the last WWE year.

And the WHC

Edge retired, Christian beat Del Rio, Orton beat Christian, Christian beat Orton, Orton beat Christian and Henry beat Christian

Thats 6 times in 6 months we have had a different Champion compared to last wrestling years 5.

I am the only one who actually wants to see someone have a run with the title????

The rate we are going i there is 2 title changes a month by wrestlemania the two main titles would of changed a combined 24 times!!!!!!

No you aren't. Christian should never have lost it but hopefully Henrys run is decently long. As for Cena, unless someone else shoots on raw I don't think they're going to make him lose it until royal rumble - near wrestlemania :(

NaterD4
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM

I think the year title long reign you're thinking of is when Cena beat Edge in September 2006 and had to forfeit the WWE title due to injury in October 2007. Though personally I think he would have lost to Orton at the next PPV anyways.

On topic I also think that the constant title changes does devalue the titles. As exciting as WWE is trying to make it out to be, they're just making the product stale. I would definitely like to see a lengthy reign but as some one pointed out that people would complain about that as well. It seems they are trying to create the excitement of the Attitude Era without the Attitude.

jrsckilla23
09-19-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm a guy who has always defended Cena for his contribution and devotion to the business, I mean, he literally saved WWE a while back by keeping the child viewers and selling merch... but apparently, my boiling point was last night and now I do believe Cena is killing WWE:
-Granting wishes for little kids is awesome, but taking pictures with fat kids and then using fat jokes literally EVERY night isn't very classy ... and don't get me started on the gay jokes.
-While promoting anti-bullying, Cena is in fact one of the biggest bullies in WWE. He always verbally insults and beats up his opponents, even "harmless" assistants, managers and ring-announcers.
-He ruined or at least slowed down the careers of people like Wade Barret, Miz, ADR and others. Instead of the cheap hype from beating and humiliating them, WWE could have built and established long term superstars. The 1st 2, especially, were very over as heels, but after being humiliated by Cena, both have dropped to mid-card.
-Although he has added new moves to his arsenal like drop kicks and leg drops and his matches are certainly better then last year, they are still very predictable with the opponent beating him throughout the match, only to lose to the "5 moves of doom".
-With his hot-potato like raigns of the WWE title, it has been majorly devaluated. Since WM, Miz lost the title to Cena, who lost it to Punk (who technically held it for 1 night), then Ray won (and held it for 1 hour), then Cena won it back, Lost it to Punk, who lost it to ADR and only 35 days later Cena won it again.
-Fans have been more vocal then ever in their hate for Cena. The usual "Lets go Cena, Cena sucks" chants contain more and more boos every week, he was booed even in his home town.
-Etc, Etc.

Maybe I'm too harsh? If he was a heel maybe, but he is a face, THE face in fact, so obviously he should watch his every word and action
/rant over!

You clearly had spoken for all the John Cena hater cuz I've always been a hater and will continue to be hater of John Cena (his character) until he changes his bullshit supercena and title after title matches. People say that John Cena is gonna beat The Rock at Wrestlemania cuz it's the right thing to do why give John Cena another Victory at Wrestlemania cuz clearly after that PPV he's gonna win 9 PPV's in a Year so I clearly don't want John Cena beating a great Legend, an actual wrestling entertainer and a man who sold out arenas and gave the fans what we wanted to see and that's The Rock. John Cena only cares about the people who buy his merchandise and fuck the rest so the the word I mentioned "The Rest" which are wrestling fans NOT WWE UNIVERSE booo his ass everytime he comes out

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/CenaSucks.jpg

Y2J___Y2J
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't care who has the title as long as Cena & Orton don't.. The WWE title changes are becoming insanely annoying..

The Hit Man
09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
-Etc, Etc.

/rant over!

Spot on mate!

A long title is desparately needed. The amount of title reigns Cena has had is insane. It just shows you how little faith WWE have in the rest of their roster. The gap between Cena/Orton and the rest of the roster getting bigger and bigger. Del Rio should have held that title for a good few months. Infact I wouldn't have been too bothered if he held right up until WM. Seeing as they cocked that up and completely buried him they now have a problem. Do you give a Cena a long reign which no one wants or do you give someone else the title, meaning another short title reign which no one wants? Cena vs Rock CANNOT be for the WWE Championship but I'm now getting worried that it might be. As for Smackdown, Orton needs to be WHC going into WM. WWE have a great opportunity to make Daniel Bryan a huge superstar. Have Orton defeat Henry at HIAC or Vengance. Give Orton various fueds after that against the likes of Barrett, Sheamus, Rhodes and also win the Smackdown Elimination Chamber. This makes Orton seem unstoppable. Bryan defeats Orton cleanly, BAMMM! You have a new big star.

AOF666
09-19-2011, 04:03 PM
You are forgetting the WWE formula. John Cena always wins and is always WWE Champion. Orton always wins and always WHC.