PDA

View Full Version : Good work Hunter!

LuckIsForLosers
09-19-2011, 07:11 AM
HHH is a brilliant COO. Great booking by him * to end a great, revenue-making and well-received push. Even better that he did it with a clean-ish finish - much better an idea than having say, Punk sneak the victory and us fans get excited with more change in the unpredictable WWE, or Nash/Steph making HHH have an unclean finish and HHH doing what he's actually good at and becoming heel, in the process also not burying Punk. It's just pure genius, and we, the fans, are the ultimate winners - we get to see HHH bury someone his company bills as "the best in the world" and see HHH win AGAIN! God, WWE REALLY treats us, especially since we haven't seen HHH do this in so long and that he's an inactive wrestler.

* Also, please, let's not give credit to WWE's top-notch, let's-have-seven-championship-reigns-in-two-months, let's outdo TNA's Victory Road 2011 main event in terms of brilliance creative team. I'm sure this booking was down to HHH's typical selfless booking/ideas.

Poot-Hair
09-19-2011, 07:15 AM
HHH is a brilliant COO. Great booking by him * to end a great, revenue-making and well-received push. Even better that he did it with a clean-ish finish - much better an idea than having say, Punk sneak the victory and us fans get excited with more change in the unpredictable WWE, or Nash/Steph making HHH have an unclean finish and HHH doing what he's actually good at and becoming heel, in the process also not burying Punk. It's just pure genius, and we, the fans, are the ultimate winners - we get to see HHH bury someone his company bills as "the best in the world" and see HHH win AGAIN! God, WWE REALLY treats us, especially since we haven't seen HHH do this in so long and that he's an inactive wrestler.

* Also, please, let's not give credit to WWE's top-notch, let's-have-seven-championship-reigns-in-two-months, let's outdo TNA's Victory Road 2011 main event in terms of brilliance creative team. I'm sure this booking was down to HHH's typical selfless booking/ideas. Dude.....it's nothing like that at all. This is all a brilliant storyline, don't you see that? And in the end this isn't Haitch "overshadowing" Punk, but this is Haitch lighting a rocket up Punk's ass to level 1,000,000. Triple H got the victory tonight, yes but Haitch is going to put Punk over just wait and see. Before it's all said and done Punk will thoroughly and decisively beat Triple H and when he does it will be decisive enough that it will solidify him as "the best in the world" like he calls himself

Fatality
09-19-2011, 07:17 AM

* Also, please, let's not give credit to WWE's top-notch, let's-have-seven-championship-reigns-in-two-months, let's outdo TNA's Victory Road 2011 main event in terms of brilliance creative team. I'm sure this booking was down to HHH's typical selfless booking/ideas.

Sarcasm or not but.... I'm actually looking forward to tonight ....

Lowki
09-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Yeah, coz Johnny ace and then Kevin Nash coming out and beating up BOTH guys results in a clean-ish finish. Okay.

HeelTurn
09-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I think it was over booked yes, but with the whole Johnny Ace texting Nash to attack both guys, Miz and Truth attacking both guys and the whole referee thing it adds a bit more WTF is going on to the feud.

Russo swerve
09-19-2011, 08:10 AM

U punk nut riders are all the same u r quick to call something bad if it doesnt happen the way u want it to.

Subject Zero
09-19-2011, 08:15 AM
McMahon is coming back soon.

Maybe McMahon will get his first ever win a t Mania against Triple H?

Making McMahon a face and Triple H the heel.

Not sure anyone would want to see the match but it would be an interesting storyline.

shambo2k9
09-19-2011, 08:26 AM
i think storyline wise jonny actually txted nash to take out hunter not punk but then punk got involved and made nash loose his cool so he nailed him... but all in all i think it makes things more interesting with hunter laying out nash... and awesome truth are getting interesting aswell.

Foxx
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM
I think we all expected Nash to interfere...I didnt expect Awesome truth to do so until they lost the way they did....but what surpised me is how even with both interferences the match still had a clear winner...we cant say Nash caused Punk to lose or Awesome truth caused the outcome...but this got me thinking....call me crazy but...

I think at Survivor series McMahon/Johnny ace os gonna compse a team of Nash Punk some other heel and Awesome truth iand are gonna go against Rock Cena MAYBE Triple H and 2 other guys oin the survivor series style match...and if McMahon team wins he gets control of WWE back and HHH steps down as COO

Daffy Duck's Finest
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Come on guys, this is the best storyline that has happened for a long time

AND it includes CM Punk... AND doesn't include Cena.

What else does the IWC want?

LuckIsForLosers
09-19-2011, 09:08 AM
U punk nut riders are all the same u r quick to call something bad if it doesnt happen the way u want it to.

Not a Punk "nut rider" (how would that work?), I'm a Kurt Angle "nut rider"...I'm just calling it the way I see it. Typical HHH and the confusion in my mind as to why they build Punk up as "Best" yet let HHH pedigree him and pin him.

Yeah, coz Johnny ace and then Kevin Nash coming out and beating up BOTH guys results in a clean-ish finish. Okay.

By clean-ISH I mean that what happened was pretty much down the middle interference-wise. Johnny Ace seemingly tried to make Punk win with the referee fiasco and R-Truth rectified that. Diesel destroyed HHH AND Punk. End result? After all the interference, both HHH and Nash were on a level playing field. Hence clean-ISH rather than simply "clean". Clean-ish meaning HHH got the 1-2-3 by fairly pedigreeing CM Punk. Just doesn't seem right after the way they built up Punk and with HHH's history, seems like an ego-booster for him.

As for where this leaves us...yes, I will agree, this is quite good - confusion is great, makes us all want to see Raw and see where this leads to. Had HHH turned heel and got an unclean finish (by unclean I mean Ace and/or Steph and/or Nash laid out only Punk and HHH covers him and celebrates with them a la Corporate), it would have probably been better for ALL concerned.

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM
It was a bit odd being things were happening all over the place but it will be an interesting Raw tonight.

*That was great when Road Dogg's brother punched Truth! Scott used to be a pretty good wrestler.

LuckIsForLosers
09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
It was a bit odd being things were happening all over the place but it will be an interesting Raw tonight.

*That was great when Road Dogg's brother punched Truth! Scott used to be a pretty good wrestler.

You've lost me my friend, explain? ... hold on, Scott Armstrong is Road Dogg's brother?!

shambo2k9
09-19-2011, 12:29 PM
You've lost me my friend, explain? ... hold on, Scott Armstrong is Road Dogg's brother?!

his older brother yea... scott armstrong was a pretty good wrestler in the arn anderson days.

Rich Cranium
09-19-2011, 01:52 PM
his older brother yea... scott armstrong was a pretty good wrestler in the arn anderson days.

He was pretty good except he didn't have the 'size' which unfortunately was what was needed in those days to really make it big.

Y2J___Y2J
09-19-2011, 02:39 PM
It does seem like Punk is getting over shadowed a little in the storyline now.. but I hope he does end up getting put over

Automatic
09-19-2011, 02:44 PM
It was a good match, it's even better that HHH won. Should Punk have won we would have a clusterfuck situation.

King Scrapper
09-19-2011, 02:45 PM
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

King Scrapper
09-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the match ended perfectly. Yes, there were a lot of weird things like Miz and Truth attacking both people but the ending was perfect. Clean win for HHH and it doesnt kill Punk. Just makes him angrier. HHH losing the COO gig now would have been way too soon.

The Hit Man
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Punk took 3 pedigrees, R-Truth's finisher and a Jack Knife Powerbomb. I think that's a pretty good way to be beaten. Also it allowes Punk to go on about how he's always given the short end of the stick so to speak. I thought this match was a great way to progress the storyline.

LuckIsForLosers
09-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I think the match ended perfectly. Yes, there were a lot of weird things like Miz and Truth attacking both people but the ending was perfect. Clean win for HHH and it doesnt kill Punk. Just makes him angrier. HHH losing the COO gig now would have been way too soon.

This is where I'm not sure I agree. HHH needed to win, he couldn't lose the COO title so soon, you are dead right about that my friend. I think a clean win kind of HAS killed Punk. It means Punk spent a month plus talking and yapping but when it came down to it he couldn't get the job done - HHH pedigreed him and pinned him one-two-three end of. If he says anything he looks like a whiner. If he doesn't then he accepts he has been beaten. No shame in getting beaten by a great like HHH but there IS shame when you talked for 2 months how you're the best in the world and how HHH is an under-the-thumb "sub-man" and then losing clean.

Punk took 3 pedigrees, R-Truth's finisher and a Jack Knife Powerbomb. I think that's a pretty good way to be beaten. Also it allowes Punk to go on about how he's always given the short end of the stick so to speak. I thought this match was a great way to progress the storyline.

This is a great point and it kind of eases things for Punk. But then what does Punk say? I can just imagine it now:

[Raw tonight]

CM Punk: (something along the lines of): "I always get screwed, it's a Nash-Johnny Ace-HHH-Steph conspiracy against me.

HHH: "No it isn't Punk. You lost 1-2-3 at MY hands"

CM Punk: "At your hands? Maybe if you have five pairs of hands PAUL, those being yours, John Laurinaitis's, Miz's, Truth's and Nash's".

HHH: "Shut your mouth you skinny fat idiot - they attacked me too".

CM Punk: "But I took a jacknife, 3 pedigrees and R-Truth's crappy finisher".

HHH: "And you got beat 1-2-3. Now get out MY ring before I bury you and kick your skinny, fat ass, you skinny, fat asshole".

[after the show on ewrestlingnews forum]:

IWC: "Punk is a skinny, fat assed talker. All he does is talk, talk and more talk and doesn't get it done"

BY GAWD
09-19-2011, 04:13 PM
This is where I'm not sure I agree. HHH needed to win, he couldn't lose the COO title so soon, you are dead right about that my friend. I think a clean win kind of HAS killed Punk. It means Punk spent a month plus talking and yapping but when it came down to it he couldn't get the job done - HHH pedigreed him and pinned him one-two-three end of. If he says anything he looks like a whiner. If he doesn't then he accepts he has been beaten. No shame in getting beaten by a great like HHH but there IS shame when you talked for 2 months how you're the best in the world and how HHH is an under-the-thumb "sub-man" and then losing clean.

This is a great point and it kind of eases things for Punk. But then what does Punk say? I can just imagine it now:

[Raw tonight]

CM Punk: (something along the lines of): "I always get screwed, it's a Nash-Johnny Ace-HHH-Steph conspiracy against me.

HHH: "No it isn't Punk. You lost 1-2-3 at MY hands"

CM Punk: "At your hands? Maybe if you have five pairs of hands PAUL, those being yours, John Laurinaitis's, Miz's, Truth's and Nash's".

HHH: "Shut your mouth you skinny fat idiot - they attacked me too".

CM Punk: "But I took a jacknife, 3 pedigrees and R-Truth's crappy finisher".

HHH: "And you got beat 1-2-3. Now get out MY ring before I bury you and kick your skinny, fat ass, you skinny, fat asshole".

[after the show on ewrestlingnews forum]:

IWC: "Punk is a skinny, fat assed talker. All he does is talk, talk and more talk and doesn't get it done"

what is a skinny fat ass

LuckIsForLosers
09-19-2011, 04:18 PM
what is a skinny fat ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Bt2Ahg8gA

Perhaps I'm wrong for picking on this oxymoron...perhaps what HHH is trying to say is that Punk's ass is skinny in terms of shape/dimension considering that Punk is somewhat an ectomorph, but has a very high BODYFAT percentage concentrated in his ass...thus a "skinny fat ass"

VKM
09-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I knew someone was going to talk about how HHH is now burying CM Punk. The reason why CM Punk lost was so that it could further the storyline. If CM Punk won, the storyline would have been over. HHH would have lost his job, therefore, CM Punk vs HHH feud would be over quick if it ended like that. You can't expect Punk to win every time. If you look at Punk's PPV record so far, he's beat Cena twice and beat Rey at Capitol Punishment. I don't see how Punk is getting buried if he lost due to inteference from Johhny,Nash, R truth and Miz.

To me that gives more of a reason to keep the feud going because now Punk can say that the only reason he lost because of interefernce. Due to Nash and Johhny Ace messing up the match, Punk will think HHH staged it all to make it look like he wasn't on their side but actually was so that he could say he got the win cleanly.

LuckIsForLosers
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I knew someone was going to talk about how HHH is now burying CM Punk. The reason why CM Punk lost was so that it could further the storyline. If CM Punk won, the storyline would have been over. HHH would have lost his job, therefore, CM Punk vs HHH feud would be over quick if it ended like that. You can't expect Punk to win every time. If you look at Punk's PPV record so far, he's beat Cena twice and beat Rey at Capitol Punishment. I don't see how Punk is getting buried if he lost due to inteference from Johhny,Nash, R truth and Miz.

To me that gives more of a reason to keep the feud going because now Punk can say that the only reason he lost because of interefernce. Due to Nash and Johhny Ace messing up the match, Punk will think HHH staged it all to make it look like he wasn't on their side but actually was so that he could say he got the win cleanly.

I completely agree with the bit I've bolded in your quote - that's why I said my gripe isn't with CM Punk losing - he had to lose, as you say, to keep it going and HAS had a great push, and the Punk fans here can't expect him to constantly win. As I've already stated numerous times, I only felt he should have lost far more uncleanly to the point where Nash/Ace/Steph (forget Awesome Truth, this storyline isn't really theirs) got involved in some capacity completely screwing over Punk and leaving HHH free to get a dirty pin. That way Punk's conspiracy theory was right, and the story develops. Or maybe HHH denies his prior knowledge to the interference next night.

The problem with the way it was done and the problem with what I highlighted in blue on your quote is this: now that Punk was pinned off a pedigree, it doesn't matter if he even got shot, let alone took three pedigrees and a jacknife - he LOST at the hands of HHH with the last pedigree being clean. He CAN'T say "it was coz of interference" because if he DOES then HHH's pre-NOC promo comments of "you're all talk" and the IWC's gripe of "he's all talk" will become undeniable. Let me put it candidly - Punk CAN'T complain without looking like a bitch.

It's not the losing that bothers me - I'm not a Punk mark by any stretch, barely a Punk fan - it's the WAY he lost that bothers me and it's the last pedigree and pin and the fact that Nash attacked HHH as well that indirectly buried Punk. By the end of Raw tomorrow, he's either a whiner or a loser. Again, not complaining as a Punk fan, just, as a WWE fan, don't think it's right. Just my opinion.

TCM442
09-19-2011, 05:32 PM
This is seriously the most ridiculous thing I've seen since someone saying Mark Henry shouldn't of gone over Orton.

A few things, just because someone loses DOES NOT mean they got buried! HHH DID NOT win clean. Punk looked STRONG the entire match. Now that is out of the way. Punk's loss was a necessity. It furthers the storyline which is the best storyline since Nexus last year, and not the crappy new Nexus angle but Barrett's Nexus. A Punk victory would end everything and then you would just get John Cena in the ME again. Right now this story is the biggest thing going on. Punk is over and unless he never gets mic time, he will now and forever be OVER!

Stop being ridiculous and look at the big picture. Where would you go from here if Punk had won? Bring in another person that Punk hated and would have to wrestle? Then you would just be repetitive and boring. Or would you prefer Punk Wrestle Cena in a meaningless feud for a meaningless title? Again, stop being ridiculous and enjoy the product. We are all gonna watch Raw tonight to see what happens.

LuckIsForLosers
09-20-2011, 02:50 AM
This is seriously the most ridiculous thing I've seen since someone saying Mark Henry shouldn't of gone over Orton.

A few things, just because someone loses DOES NOT mean they got buried! HHH DID NOT win clean. Punk looked STRONG the entire match. Now that is out of the way. Punk's loss was a necessity. It furthers the storyline which is the best storyline since Nexus last year, and not the crappy new Nexus angle but Barrett's Nexus. A Punk victory would end everything and then you would just get John Cena in the ME again. Right now this story is the biggest thing going on. Punk is over and unless he never gets mic time, he will now and forever be OVER!

Stop being ridiculous and look at the big picture. Where would you go from here if Punk had won? Bring in another person that Punk hated and would have to wrestle? Then you would just be repetitive and boring. Or would you prefer Punk Wrestle Cena in a meaningless feud for a meaningless title? Again, stop being ridiculous and enjoy the product. We are all gonna watch Raw tonight to see what happens.

I would say this was a great insight...but then I'd be nearly as lacking in my brain as the person who wrote it.

It's not often/ever I insult someone for a post they make, but you sir, are either blind or stupid or both. If you are first or third out of those then I'm sorry.

If I said Punk SHOULD HAVE WON then I'd be wrong...but I DIDN'T...your whole post is based on "you're an idiot for saying Punk should have won". Like I said to the last person that accused me of saying Punk should have won - READ MY POST!

latreal23
09-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Why yall mad at HHH. Its a storyline...

LuckIsForLosers
09-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Just watched Raw...Punk's opening promo confirmed my fears, it came across as whining. But I take back what I said having finished Raw - the way they booked him in the tag match was very good. The story has taken an interesting turn what with Miz and Truth getting fired too. Very interesting ending.