Now will they pull a Christian on mark?
Or is the hall of pain here to stay?
I'm actully really suprise Henry won
I mean for three reasons

1. He is up there in age

2. Hes beat Orton cleanly

3. Wwe really doesn't have African American world / wwe champions
Of course not in case of booker t world title reign or lashley or Ron Simmons

Can mark really be the big heel to run SD I mean or are we looking at the downfall of SD to combine with raw permanently

Congrants to mark:)

evilgenius780
09-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Mark wins world title I can't belive it congrants to the new champ
Now will they pull a Christian on mark?
Or is the hall of pain here to stay?
I'm actully really suprise Henry won
I mean for three reasons

1. He is up there in age

2. Hes beat Orton cleanly

Can mark really be the big heel to run SD I mean or are we looking at the downfall of SD to combine with raw permanently

Congrants to mark:)

I was pretty shocked when he beat Orton clean, I don't see his title run lasting long, but it's a nice change of pace. PPV in two weeks, I see Orton winning it back, but ya never know

Rich Cranium
09-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I am thinking Henry will be a transitional champion for Sheamus possibly.

Androo
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
What's "congrants"? Congregants? People who congregate in a congregation, such as members of a church?

Rich Cranium
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
What's "congrants"? Congregants? People who congregate in a congregation, such as memebers of a church?

Yes, Mark Henry is our savior. Not CM Punk! ;)

maar13
09-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Personally I would love to see him go rampant for a few months at least, the man has become very good at being that monster and this clean victory was just freaking excellent.

I mean, I expected Orton to win or Henry after some swerve but tonight it was awesome, clean and looking completely dominant.

Peepster
09-18-2011, 11:25 PM
This is not the first time Mark Henry beat RKO clean. He did it on a RAW before, so I guess RKO doesnt mind losing to Henry clean but he might have an issue losing to Christian clean.

Smark Henry
09-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I marked out bigstyle for Henry winning!!!!!!!

Nice to see WWE giving this guy a well-deserved shot at the bigtime + mixing up the WHC scene with a big-man monster heel. (Look at the champs this year - Edge, Ziggler, Christian, Orton. Sure, they're talented, but totally interchangable.)

I hope he is not a transitional champ. Give him some credible wins over some babyfaces and you can draw money, people will want to see him go down

Or ummmmmmmmmmmmm...... The Rock?

This world title racism that people like to point out is completely absurd.

Mr. McMahon
09-19-2011, 12:14 AM
This is obviously a setup to get Undertaker to face Mark Henry. Just after Mark Henry won the title, he said that there is nothing that can stop him or something like that, immediately I thought of Undertaker. So maybe at Hell In A Cell, Mark Henry wins his match and cuts a similar promo, then the lights go out and Undertaker returns and challenges Mark Henry, they both have a match at Survivor Series and Mark Henry ends up retiring Undertaker for good

Ulap83
09-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Frankly I'm happy to see it. Some people may complain about Mark's style, but have you watched one of his matches lately compared to months ago before his push started? Henry has been working a lot harder in the ring. He's been moving quicker, selling appropriately, and pulling off moves I haven't seen him do before. I mean at Money in the bank, he actually gave a small dropkick to the stairs to drive them into Show's knee. It reminded me of one of Kane's, albeit lower. The point is he's making an awesome effort. As a longtime Mark Henry fan, I'm happy he's finally got it.

maar13
09-19-2011, 12:34 AM
This is obviously a setup to get Undertaker to face Mark Henry. Just after Mark Henry won the title, he said that there is nothing that can stop him or something like that, immediately I thought of Undertaker. So maybe at Hell In A Cell, Mark Henry wins his match and cuts a similar promo, then the lights go out and Undertaker returns and challenges Mark Henry, they both have a match at Survivor Series and Mark Henry ends up retiring Undertaker for good

Probably won't happen, Taker will have his last match at Mania probably to make it to 20-0.

BlazersDozen
09-19-2011, 12:39 AM
I marked the fuck out! I jumped off the couch & screamed then yelled FUCK ORTON in my brothers face who was just an innocent bystandered of my mark moment.

I was SO bad ass when Orton used Henry's body to get to his feet & Mark just shook his head. I was like DAMN! Then he beat Orton clean & cut an amazing promo!

I think he will defend it against Orton at HITC then start a program with Sheamus that'll end at Survivor Series or the PPV after. Sheamus will be champ while Orton is taking a break then Sheamus will probably fued with Barrett or Undertaker.

Brewer 314
09-19-2011, 12:40 AM
This is obviously a setup to get Undertaker to face Mark Henry. Just after Mark Henry won the title, he said that there is nothing that can stop him or something like that, immediately I thought of Undertaker.

Yeah, that's a pretty sure bet.

I like your thinking.

Ulap83
09-19-2011, 12:40 AM
In gravesismizfan's defense, it's an assumption based on facts. While I personally don't believe there's any racial bias for the title these days, there has been a lack of African-American world champions in WWF/E. There have been ones before, Ron Simmons being the first officially recognized. Bobo Brazil is sometimes considered the first by winning a NWA title match, but it wasn't officially recognized. Vince McMahon has tried on several occasions to groom an African-American champion, notably Ahmed Johnson in the 90's and Lashley in 2000's. The Rock is often not counted because he's half Samoan, a petty distinction true, but those who are anal for the facts will point it out. WWE's first African-American world champion was Booket T back in his "King Booker" gimmick. Mark Henry is the first African-American man since Booker T to be a world champion in WWE. I don't count Lashley's run as ECW champion because let's be honest, the title wasn't all that prestigious after Vince was through with it.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-19-2011, 12:44 AM
I absolutely hate this with a passion of a thousand suns. Henry is not good in the ring and is by no means good on the mic. If Henry keeps this title longer then Christian it is an insult to Christian because the only reason they gave Henry the title I believe is for a charity run.

thetheme
09-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I absolutely hate this with a passion of a thousand suns. Henry is not good in the ring and is by no means good on the mic. If Henry keeps this title longer then Christian it is an insult to Christian because the only reason they gave Henry the title I believe is for a charity run.

Christian was already insulted in November when the jizz (miz) won the title. Mark Henry beat Orton CLEAN in the center of the ring. No bullshit, no cheating, no help, no ref getting knocked out. Everything was sold correctly and it was believable unlike when the jizz won the title. If they would let the monsters in the WWE be like WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE then this would be happening all the time. This is a fact. The monsters are not supposed to be wrestling like Angle, Bryan, or be high flying like Air Boom. They are suppose to DESTROY. WWE got it right with this, finally.

TCM442
09-19-2011, 01:02 AM

Or maybe because Henry is a draw right now? His ring work MAY not be the best and MAYBE his promo aren't either but they have gotten him over to the degree where people will pay to see him lose. Henry has had the biggest push of not only his career but of the year. He is a legitimate draw and threat. This isn't a competition between Henry and Christian... but if it were it would seem Henry is winning. He has done something Christian couldn't do... Draw more than internet fans.

Ulap83
09-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Christian was already insulted in November when the jizz (miz) won the title. Mark Henry beat Orton CLEAN in the center of the ring. No bullshit, no cheating, no help, no ref getting knocked out. Everything was sold correctly and it was believable unlike when the jizz won the title. If they would let the monsters in the WWE be like WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE then this would be happening all the time. This is a fact. The monsters are not supposed to be wrestling like Angle, Bryan, or be high flying like Air Boom. They are suppose to DESTROY. WWE got it right with this, finally.

I agree completely. There hasn't been good monster heel champions in a long damn time aside from Kane's dominant run as World Champion. I mean before the Kane run, who does a person think of? For a dominant monster reign one can go back as far as Yokozuna for a credible one. But this is just my opinion. While Mark's a veteran, there hasn't been a champ like him for years. SO I say thumbs-up WWE for doing something different.

WPack911
09-19-2011, 01:39 AM
I was so pumped when this happened, I yelled fuck yeah and jumped up. I don't even think I knew how much I really wanted Henry to win till it happened. I don't care what the haters say Henry has been kicking ass over the last few months and as a 15 year vet that has stayed loyal to the WWF/E the whole time he deserves this for sure. I am fairly certain he will lose it at HiaC in two weeks since I highly doubt he will keep it till even Vengeance, but if he does at least he can now forever be known after that as a former World Champion from then forward.

Congratulations Mark Henry, Welcome to the Henry Era!

BlazersDozen
09-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Stop hating on Henry's in ring skills. He's good for what his character needs which is just tossing people around. He's a draw right now because there aren't many guys left who can pick up Big Show with ease & decimate him. He's just a transitional champion. Its not like he's going to hold the belt for 4 months. Also its awesome cuz he's. Big & black & he's done so much for Vince & never been rewarded till now.

The Brown One
09-19-2011, 02:59 AM
I've hated Mark Henry for years (except when he was WWECW champion, since his run was decent), but hes really won me over the past month. I'm so glad that after 15 years of taking a backseat to less deserving wrestlers, hes finally won a real world title. It was so surprising seeing Orton lose to someone on a PPV..in a world title match, but I'm really glad that he did. Hopefully we'l get to see a Sheamus-Henry feud for a while, since they are entertaining. Orton shouldn't get a bloody rematch clause, and just move on to put over Barrett or Rhodes, unlike Cena, who HAS to be in the main event.

BlazersDozen
09-19-2011, 04:17 AM
I've hated Mark Henry for years (except when he was WWECW champion, since his run was decent), but hes really won me over the past month. I'm so glad that after 15 years of taking a backseat to less deserving wrestlers, hes finally won a real world title. It was so surprising seeing Orton lose to someone on a PPV..in a world title match, but I'm really glad that he did. Hopefully we'l get to see a Sheamus-Henry feud for a while, since they are entertaining. Orton shouldn't get a bloody rematch clause, and just move on to put over Barrett or Rhodes, unlike Cena, who HAS to be in the main event.

I've noticed that since the move to SD, Orton has been putting guys over. Eventually, this will leave him more respected than Cena when its all said & done. He put over Christian, put over Rhodes & Henry right now. This is why I've always like SD. They are more balanced between midcard & main event so anyone can jump up and win the world title & for some reason the creative staff is better as far as building fueds & workers which is why most big time guys come from SmackDown. I used to praise Michael Hayes for this.

Tenzach
09-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Here's what I'm thinking. Henry holds that title until WrestleMania, he can have strong successful defences against Randy Orton and Sheamus. Then defend against a returning Kane and Big Show. Maybe throw in a fatal four way here or there involving Christian or Rhodes. Then at WrestleMania have Daniel Bryan beat Mark Henry clean, as a David vs. Goliath type feud. Anyway, that's just me. It'd be epic if that happened.

Jonboithegreat
09-19-2011, 05:30 AM
You know i'm black and i didn't even realize that we do have another black heavyweight champion lol

Reichwulf
09-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Don't hate on henry he's deserved it for awhile now. Grats on the victory and finally the champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Xzmp_Q2lc&feature=related

Mr. McMahon
09-19-2011, 07:26 AM
So wait people are liking Mark Henry ALL of a sudden just because he won the title as a heel from a face Orton. WTF is wrong with the IWC, the face hating needs to stop. I am sure if this was 2009 and the roles were reversed, Orton as a heel and Henry as a face, if Henry won the title people would be flaming the shit of the him and saying that they quit watching WWE.

You guys HATED when Khali became champion, but its okay if Mark Henry is champion???

Theicon
09-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Mark Henry deserves to be the World Heavyweight Champion what is wrong with you????? The majority of us real older fans are sick of Orton being champ all the time

Do you have any clue at all...............

THE HEARTBREAK KID
09-19-2011, 07:50 AM
i was happy too see mark henry win.. for the years he's stayed with the wwe and loyalty he's shown , he derserves it.. i cant see it being a really long reign and a feued with sheamus looks likley.. but i like the idea of him keeping the belt a while , beating down people untill.. the lights go out... and the phenom returns !!! or kane, tho im not really feeling the kane charecter anymore just bores me,

The Brown One
09-19-2011, 08:08 AM
So wait people are liking Mark Henry ALL of a sudden just because he won the title as a heel from a face Orton. WTF is wrong with the IWC, the face hating needs to stop. I am sure if this was 2009 and the roles were reversed, Orton as a heel and Henry as a face, if Henry won the title people would be flaming the shit of the him and saying that they quit watching WWE.

You guys HATED when Khali became champion, but its okay if Mark Henry is champion???

Use your common sense. People didn't like Khali as world champion because he couldn't speak english, and couldn't wrestle to save his life. It also took him forever to get from one side of the ring to the other. He wasn't entertaining in the least either. Plus they made him seem overrated, by constantly holding cameras below him so it gives the people watching at home that hes much taller than he really is. That trick has been done to death.

Mark Henry on the other hand has improved his wrestling over the past couple of months. In addition, Khali won the title quite shortly after his debut, whilst Henry had to wait his turn for 15 years, letting less deserving people ahead of him. Also, Henry can cut a promo. Not brilliantly, but he can cut a good one nonetheless. Finally, they have booked him very well, with him going on a path of destruction for the past few months, and actually using weapons (which was considered taboo in a PG environment). As far as I'm concerned, Henry is a much better overall wrestler than Khali.

Mr. McMahon
09-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Mark Henry deserves to be the World Heavyweight Champion what is wrong with you????? The majority of us real older fans are sick of Orton being champ all the time

Do you have any clue at all...............

no you are not sick of Orton, you are only saying that cause he is a face and make you IWC nerds look cool to hate on faces and support heels. If Orton was heel you would be cheering him, sick of Orton really? Orton has barely been champion since he turned face, once in 2010 and just a few months in 2011, you are acting as if he has constantly been winning world titles every few months for the past 6 years *cought* john cena *cough*

and mark henry is still shit, the only reason he is champion is cause there is no one else really on smackdown for orton to feud with, he's already beaten christian...

Foxx
09-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Firstly...I 've been a fan or Mark Henry since WWF days (he was Sexy Chocolate back then)...when i first started watchin wrestling he was on so I grew up watchin him so no im not a bandwagon fan of any kind

Secondly...saying he has no in ring skill is retarded...keep in mind the dude is damn near 500 lbs...half a fuckin ton...hes not gonna do a hurricarana people come on...hes big...HES SUPPOSED TO BE SLOW...yes Kane is pretty agile for his size...but mind you he's easily 100lbs LIGHTER than Mark... Big show was also pretty athletic in WCW but he too then was mark's weight back then...give the big guy a break...he doesn't need to have a CM Punk length move list....the whole point of being that strong is he can do simple moves like clothelines and such but due to his strength they are super effective

And thirdly...no mic skills...ehhhh....i somewhat agree...but I mean really...how many superstars are actually good on the mic? Not many in my book...I'd say MAYBE like 5 or 6 the rest or average and below...

Long story short....im glad he won CLEANLY at that...15 years of loyalty if you ask me that belt he won last night is about 5 years too late

68wPayne
09-19-2011, 08:32 AM
I am happy for Mark Henry. I really don't think anyone in the locker room deserved a title run more than the former Sexual Chocolate. He's been in the WWE for like 15 years and is finally getting a shot and I'm sure he won't be around for too terribly much longer. He is a great monster heel and should have been playing this character for a while because he does it well. I honestly wouldn't be upset for him to hold it for a little while to freshen up the title scene with some new contenders.

Foxx
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I am happy for Mark Henry. I really don't think anyone in the locker room deserved a title run more than the former Sexual Chocolate. He's been in the WWE for like 15 years and is finally getting a shot and I'm sure he won't be around for too terribly much longer. He is a great monster heel and should have been playing this character for a while because he does it well. I honestly wouldn't be upset for him to hold it for a little while to freshen up the title scene with some new contenders.

yeah i hope they dont make him lose in 2 weeks at HITC...whoever he defends it against (prolly Orton or Christian) I hope he beats them cleanly possibly 'injuring' them...they disappear for a month or 2 while Henry continues to rampage....THEN they come back and beat him