PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather vs. Ortiz

el gabo
09-17-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't necessarily think Ortiz was going to win, Floyd was clearly winning but damn! I think that was really classless move by him ending the fight like that.

What he said to Larry during the interview was totally uncalled for. This conspiracy theory he has with Merchant is getting old, he just calls it like he and most of us see it.

I hope he takes the 50 million and Manny beats his ass to pulp.

Was he a total pussy or just clever?

radturtle
09-18-2011, 12:00 AM
I honestly don't think Ortiz had a chance, but i'm glad the fight ended the way it did. It was turning into target practice starting in the 3rd round. Ortiz should take it in stride. He should get a rematch out of this and maybe another $2million or more. With all the hype the ending is sure to generate, this was the best possible ending for the fight.

Also, someone should get on inventing a time machine. I'd pay money to see Mayweather vs a 50-years younger Larry Merchant.

broc808
09-18-2011, 01:30 AM
alright I've never watched a full fight of boxing but I saw the interview after that fight and I completely hate mayweather he's an over confident bitch as far as that fight goes by what I've seen Mayweather dominated most of it the ending sucked but I think he would have won anyway

now on Mayweather vs pacquiao I would love for this to happen like I said I have never watched a full fight but if this match ever happens I will watch the whole thing for sure

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Floyd Mayweather heel turn

el gabo
09-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Floyd Mayweather heel turn

When was he a face?

Rich Cranium
09-18-2011, 09:40 AM
When was he a face?

In his WWE stint.

Dubs
09-18-2011, 10:51 AM
You have to understand, Larry was totally disrespecting Mayweather so I can't blame Mayweather for saying what he said. As for Ortiz, he really had no chance.

broc808
09-18-2011, 11:09 AM
You have to understand, Larry was totally disrespecting Mayweather so I can't blame Mayweather for saying what he said. As for Ortiz, he really had no chance.

well like I said I've never watched a whole fight so I didn'r know that but in every interview I've ever seen him in especially when he was on Jim Rome Is Burning he always just sounds like a huge ass hole

el gabo
09-18-2011, 11:33 AM

I don't think he was disrespecting him last night. On other bouts, maybe yeah he has gotten on his case, BUT because he's such a bigmouth. All Larry Merchant was asking about was the controversial finish. Mayweather was totally out of line, you don't talk that way to anyway, much less to an elder.

Can't say Ortiz had NO chance, although they were slim.

Like I said before, I hope he takes the 50 million and fights Manny so he gets his brains bashed in. He's really a nobody in my book because he hasn't beating anybody that important in their prime.

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
well Dana White should place some cash infront of Floyd Mayweather..........

el gabo
09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
well Dana White should place some cash infront of Floyd Mayweather..........
He won't take 50 mil to get hit with gloves what makes you think he will fight for real?

radturtle
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM

If your only chance to win a boxing match is to try to land a surprise punch and hope it takes your opponent down, then you don't really have a chance. Especially against someone the like of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 01:40 PM
its sad that boxing has become a sport where people go in to lose to guys like Floyd Mayweather,Manny Pac and the Klitschko's,knowing they can't win,just to make a few millions

Dubs
09-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't think he was disrespecting him last night. On other bouts, maybe yeah he has gotten on his case, BUT because he's such a bigmouth. All Larry Merchant was asking about was the controversial finish. Mayweather was totally out of line, you don't talk that way to anyway, much less to an elder.

Like I said before, I hope he takes the 50 million and fights Manny so he gets his brains bashed in. He's really a nobody in my book because he hasn't beating anybody that important in their prime.

Mayweather felt disrespected so he said something about it. It may not have been the best way to handle it but if he felt disrespected, he has a right to say something.

If your only chance to win a boxing match is to try to land a surprise punch and hope it takes your opponent down, then you don't really have a chance. Especially against someone the like of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

This guy gets it.

Juvenile Junkie
09-18-2011, 01:56 PM
I would pay good money to see Floyd Mayweather vs that lump of over-pushed garbage from the WWE

el gabo
09-18-2011, 02:00 PM

True, although Rahman says hello. It's not the smartest thing to just go for a lucky punch, but you have to play your strengths. In this case, Mayweather was clearly out boxing him.

el gabo
09-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Mayweather felt disrespected so he said something about it. It may not have been the best way to handle it but if he felt disrespected, he has a right to say something.

This guy gets it.

I get it. Mayweather has phenomenal skills but, unless he proves himself with the best, he's just a chump to me. He backed out of fighting Cotto and Pac-Man. That's one of the reasons Larry Merchant gets on his case so much during interviews. Merchant is sort of the voice of the voiceless in this case. He speaks for a lot of fans.