PDA

View Full Version : The Future For Certain Impact Wrestlers

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Ok, so I've been watching TNA since 2006/7. Now whether you're a fan of TNA/Impact Wrestling, or you think Hogan/Bischoff have ruined it, or you've thought TNA is a bunch of crap from day 1, there's no debating that wrestlers, in particular Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, others being Abyss, EY, Daniels etc , have been main event talent.

I remember Joe's run from when I started watching to 2008, and amazing matches like him v Angle at Lockdown 2008, AMAZING in-ring stuff. Even Joe with the MEM angle was great and the Nation of Violence.

AJ Styles' fall from grace is rather irritating, as he was THE MAN in 2009 and then as soon as he lost the title to RVD, he's been under-utilized to put it kindly, by the new regime.

The point of this thread? Not really another "let's bash Hogan and Bischoff" thread. Just people's opinions on what does the future hold for people like Styles and Joe, and even Abyss, EY, Morgan, Storm, Kaz, Daniels? Will Roode be champ and if so, will he be a good champ? Will Joe's heel turn result in anything more than him jobbing to Morgan at Bound For Glory, being off TV for a month and coming back angry? In short, what does the future hold for the above listed wrestlers at TNA and what are the positives/negatives of the way they're booked down to?

Torphy
09-17-2011, 06:27 AM
In terms of Joe I really had thought No Surrender was one of the final nails in his coffin. Jobbing to Morgan in itself is not a bad thing as he is a credible wrestler, but the whole losing streak Joe has had for months just seemed like he was heading for the door. However after watching this weeks episode of iMPACT, with Joe picking up a CLEAN win against Morgan, it seems like the old Joe is just starting to wake up. I can see the two feuding up until BFG now with Joe picking up the win there.

I also think that Joe and Crimson are far from over. Joe may be given the win over Morgan simply to make Crimsons likely victory over Joe look a little more impressive than beating a guy who's been on a losing streak for 4 or 5 months.

Onto AJ Styles, I think with Roode probably winning the title at BFG will mean a long wait before AJ gets back on top. I can't see AJ turning heel right now and sure as hell can't see a fortune vs fortune feud for the belt. I love AJ Styles, he's a great in ring performer and deserves to have main event status, but TNA seems bent on pushing the guys who haven't been around as long (Gunner, Roode, Crimson).

The last guy i'm gonna speculate on is Eric Young. I can't see the current storyline he's in changing for a good long while, it's comedy gold. And while yes it's annoying to see a good wrestler like Young being used as the butt of a joke, he makes a good clown too. It's a bit annoying to see the TV Championship being used like this as well, but until Eric Young stops being entertaining he's gonna have it for a good while (unless Rob Terry eats him).

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 07:12 AM
In terms of Joe I really had thought No Surrender was one of the final nails in his coffin. Jobbing to Morgan in itself is not a bad thing as he is a credible wrestler, but the whole losing streak Joe has had for months just seemed like he was heading for the door. However after watching this weeks episode of iMPACT, with Joe picking up a CLEAN win against Morgan, it seems like the old Joe is just starting to wake up. I can see the two feuding up until BFG now with Joe picking up the win there.

I also think that Joe and Crimson are far from over. Joe may be given the win over Morgan simply to make Crimsons likely victory over Joe look a little more impressive than beating a guy who's been on a losing streak for 4 or 5 months.

Onto AJ Styles, I think with Roode probably winning the title at BFG will mean a long wait before AJ gets back on top. I can't see AJ turning heel right now and sure as hell can't see a fortune vs fortune feud for the belt. I love AJ Styles, he's a great in ring performer and deserves to have main event status, but TNA seems bent on pushing the guys who haven't been around as long (Gunner, Roode, Crimson).

The last guy i'm gonna speculate on is Eric Young. I can't see the current storyline he's in changing for a good long while, it's comedy gold. And while yes it's annoying to see a good wrestler like Young being used as the butt of a joke, he makes a good clown too. It's a bit annoying to see the TV Championship being used like this as well, but until Eric Young stops being entertaining he's gonna have it for a good while (unless Rob Terry eats him).

Interesting points Torphy. Just to say, and might I add, not to attack you, but in response to your point of them pushing Gunners and Crimsons, I don't think Roode is in that category - he HAS been with TNA since 2004!

As for the rest, I agree - I momentarily forgot about the Crimson/Joe feud. The problem I have with all this is that Joe, and thus Morgan, are really stepping stones for Crimson. I think Joe will face Crimson at BFG - Crimson is back in 2 weeks and Joe will most likely beat on Matt Morgan, with Crimson coming in for the save. The thing with Crimson is that he's being BUILT as a winner and being given a phenomenal push. Having built him up for so long, even the extremely "talented" Vince Russo won't bill him to lose vs Joe. So in essence, two credible wrestlers as you say, Joe and Morgan, will be made to job to...Crimson. I guess it won't be long till we see Morgan or Joe teaming up with an outcasted from Immortal Abyss, in a typically TNA makeshift, rubbish team.

I think Morgan should be higher up in the pecking order - he's talented, he has a "look", he's athletically competent and not bad on the mic. Joe maybe needs to shed a few pounds, but submissions, Ura-Nages, suplexes, kicks and a great finisher are VERY entertaining in-ring. His mic skills and intensity is top notch too. He SHOULD be main event, but alas...the solution has to be to make the TV title a credible title rather than a joke. This is meant to be the equivalent of the US/IC title, so why is it not being defended properly? Wasted top-notch talent like Joe, Morgan, Styles and Abyss should be feuding for it.

Also, another question I forgot to pose - the X Division! Although it is meant to be "rejuvenated", apparently the only X Division wrestlers on the roster are Kid Kash, the new college boy character, Brian Kendrick and AA. Huge fan of AA by the way, but shouldn't there be more than 4 superstars actively competing consistently in the X Division? Shelly, Sabin, Daniels etc?

Robareid
09-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Sabin is out and Haskins and Sheley have been on Xplosion but point still stands. Get Kaz back in the picture, he is doing absolutely nothing ATM.

jethro
09-17-2011, 08:00 AM
From what i read on recent impact result i think kaz is about to have a program with jeff jarrett

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes Robareid, of course I forgot to mention Frankie Kazarian. All this talent on the roster is doing nothing but silly skits or appearances behind their buddies - the idea of a four way X division match, or Ultimate X just seems alien now, even though such matches are brimming with excitement and their is more than enough talent on the roster to put the foot on the pedal of the X Division.

jethro - hmmm, hopefully that works out, but can see that whole idea disintegrating within a month. Very frustrating being a TNA fan today haha. Also, guys, sorry to be a pain, but try not to include spoilers from upcoming Impact tapings please, thanks! :)

machoo mann
09-17-2011, 08:47 AM
just listing some TNA talents who I personally want to succeed:

James Storm: he's great in the ring and he has a nice badass touch in his gimmick but now when Roode got the push theres a chance of Storm just fading out..Storm and Roode should have their own themes and individual singles looks so they could look like legitimate singles competitors if the tag teaming is over for now.

"Pope" DiAngelo Dinero: this whole tag teaming with Devon isn't the thing for Pope, he had some of the best singles matches in TNA with AJ, Angle and Wolfe in 2010 so why to hold him back with this Devon & Sons bullshit? It pisses me off that he got such a great start in TNA and now all his work is slowly going to the drainers with these shit storylines (Samoa Joe & japanese driver, Devon & Sons).

Magnus: he has certain swag in him and he plays it off well. Hes also quite good in the ring but again he would excel better in singles competition. I wouldn't count much on TNA's tag division when they have British Invasion as the only good tag team, especially with the absence of MCMG and TNA giving titles to a sloppy ass tag team like Mexican America. Maybe he could compete in X Division?

also AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Shelley and Kaz are on my list but the points have already been made in this thread about them.

Torphy
09-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for correcting me in Bobby Roode i hadn't realised he'd been in TNA for so long! I totally get what you mean when you say Crimson is being built as a winner, just a shame he's going to be stepping on the likes of Joe and Morgan to get there.

For me the X Division is the best thing going for TNA, after Destination X I thought we were going to see a real explosion of talent coming through. A lot of new talent was brought in and things were looking good for a while, however things have slowed down pretty quickly. The remedy to this is quite easy, get Shelley, Kaz and Daniels off their arses and back into the mix. And here's a thought, whilst AJ Styles is out of the heavyweight title picture, why not have him take a temporary step back into the X Division as I can see some great matches involving him, Kendrick, AA and the rest.

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 09:35 AM
^^ agreed and agreed. Machoo Mann - Storm, I completely agree with, it is usually the case of 1 tag team partner fading and the other not. Storm is a solid wrestler and has given more than anyone to TNA. Pope - I agree with this a LOT. When Pope came in and had that amazing few months-half a year, I was loving it, I was a huge fan. He has character. Poor booking has crushed him.

Yes Torphy, X Division is a great opportunity to get what made TNA exciting and original back in the mix. All these talented wrestlers like Kaz, Shelley, Sabin, Kendrick, AA, Daniels etc NEED to be on our screens and MUST be given the opportunity to thrill.

AJ Styles in X Division - I disagree slightly there. The way the X Division has been changed since Hogan and Bischoff came in, it seems like the X Division is like the "mid-card". Before someone attacks me, NO, I am NOT saying the X Division is mid-card TALENT. I'm saying that the way it is booked and presented by the powers that be today, it is akin to the Cruiser-weight Division from WWF, where it is in the middle segment or start of the show. I mean, knew X Division champ, Double A, brimming with talent, probably my favourite wrestler on the TNA roster today minus Kurt and possibly AJ, and the "focus on X Division", yet NO DOUBLE A OR X DIVISION ON 15th SEPTEMBER SHOW?!

So I think the solution is the TV Title is rejuvenated - maybe the name is changed? Maybe Samoa Joe is removed from his terrible quicksand of rubbish booking, unleashes his fury on an unfortunate Eric Young by destroying him and taking the TV Title, which now returns to the TNA equivalent of the IC/US title. This can be used as a division where people like AJ, RVD, Samoa Joe, Morgan, Devon, Pope, Bully Ray and Abyss, who are convincing, capable and worthy of main event status, can duke it out. That way we won't have a vacuum of wasted talent. That's a long list, but say, you take out two of those guys to have a non-title rivalry eg, I don't know, Bully Ray v Abyss who leaves Immortal, and you're good.

Finally, the tag division should be revamped. TNA's other claim to fame, or what used to be, was a great tag division. Dudleys, Beer Money, LAX, British Invasion, MCMG. They should stop throwing together worthless teams like Jesse/Shannon and Devon/Pope, and now that Beer Money are done, MCMG (once Sabin is back), British Invasion and maybe a new team, should be brought in! What happened to the Major Brothers?

Robareid
09-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Finally, the tag division should be revamped. TNA's other claim to fame, or what used to be, was a great tag division. Dudleys, Beer Money, LAX, British Invasion, MCMG. They should stop throwing together worthless teams like Jesse/Shannon and Devon/Pope, and now that Beer Money are done, MCMG (once Sabin is back), British Invasion and maybe a new team, should be brought in! What happened to the Major Brothers?

Ink Inc. are a great tag team! They really fit well together too, their looks are similar and they compliment each other well in the ring

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Ink Inc. are a great tag team! They really fit well together too, their looks are similar and they compliment each other well in the ring

Hmm...while I respect everyone's opinion, they just didn't do it for me. For a start, and I know I'll get a freakin' ton of hate for this, I don't care for Jesse Neal - I think he is extremely wooden, he has no mic skills and he's standard in the ring, nothing special. Moore is ok, he can be quite good in the ring. He has charisma, but he is too weird and bufoon-ish. A "worthless" team? I take that back - Shannon is a competent wrestler in my book, quite honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him with his WWE gimmick (the one he had with Matt Hardy V1) tagging with Helms or something. I think Jesse sucks and ruins the team. But opinions are opinions, no right or wrong.

Point being, whether you like Ink Inc or not, a tag team division that consists of Hernandez plus one, Devon and Pope and ONE credible team in the British Invasion, kinda sucks...

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I predict that one of these talents will jump to WWE one day an become a huge draw. Then TNA will unlock their vaults to make some profits from that Talents new-found fame.

capn-edu
09-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I predict that one of these talents will jump to WWE one day an become a huge draw. Then TNA will unlock their vaults to make some profits from that Talents new-found fame.

agreed just like they did we punk :/

AOF666
09-17-2011, 10:58 AM
What they need to do is make AJ the face again. TNA is lacking a central figure. It worked for WWE for years, time for TNA to take a page from WWE.

Torphy
09-17-2011, 11:59 AM
What they need to do is make AJ the face again. TNA is lacking a central figure. It worked for WWE for years, time for TNA to take a page from WWE.

If they do make someone the face of the company they really need to make sure they don't make the same mistake as last time and choose someone with the personal issues of a Jeff Hardy. Like him or not, Jeff could have really helped boost TNA to the next level, unfortunately his antics have guaranteed they have a lot more work to do. Not sure who i would choose to be the next face of TNA, certainly not an ex-WWE guy though (woah hold on i'm a HUGE WWE fan i'm not bashing it).

Robareid
09-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Hmm...while I respect everyone's opinion, they just didn't do it for me. For a start, and I know I'll get a freakin' ton of hate for this, I don't care for Jesse Neal - I think he is extremely wooden, he has no mic skills and he's standard in the ring, nothing special. Moore is ok, he can be quite good in the ring. He has charisma, but he is too weird and bufoon-ish. A "worthless" team? I take that back - Shannon is a competent wrestler in my book, quite honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing him with his WWE gimmick (the one he had with Matt Hardy V1) tagging with Helms or something. I think Jesse sucks and ruins the team. But opinions are opinions, no right or wrong.

Point being, whether you like Ink Inc or not, a tag team division that consists of Hernandez plus one, Devon and Pope and ONE credible team in the British Invasion, kinda sucks...

Well each unto his own, I still like ink Inc but nether the less, the tag division is v weak right now. For the first time in a while it is weaker than WWEs

As for the face of TNA, no doubt about it AJ Styles - Great in the ring, good on the mic, and still fairly yound so can offer the company years of service

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Well each unto his own, I still like ink Inc but nether the less, the tag division is v weak right now. For the first time in a while it is weaker than WWEs

As for the face of TNA, no doubt about it AJ Styles - Great in the ring, good on the mic, and still fairly yound so can offer the company years of service

A darn shame too that the tag division is weaker than WWE's. I'm a huge TNA fan, but a company that has the slogan "wrestling matter" that under-utilizes so many talented wrestlers and neglects their second biggest singles title and a tag division is not making the wrestling matter...

As for "THE face", I'd say AJ definitely - the guy has everything - great in-ring ability, diverse in-ring ability, the ability to carry a great match, versatility, mic skills, look that the ladies and kids can like, and a purity that makes everyone fond of him. If not AJ, I DON'T think Bobby Roode is such a bad bet. I think he is solid in-ring, his promos are BRILLIANT, great passion and when he talks about people walking in and reaping rewards, it seems real. He delivers with conviction and reality and he has "the look" for those that feel it is very important.

If you're including ex-WWE guys, I think Kurt has been a brilliant face of the company - I'm not going to make this a "101 reasons why Angle is the best of all time" thread, but his unparalleled wrestling ability, good mic skills and huge level of respect, combined with his ability to draw, get pops more than anyone active on TNA and his worldwide reputation, was a perfect face. Now, not so, when you factor in the douchey DUI's...sigh...

BlazersDozen
09-17-2011, 01:36 PM
AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe & Austin Aries should be the focus of the show with Angle as a main event jobber type of guy.

Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Brian Kendrick should carry the X-Division

MCMG & Beer Money should carry the tag division

Abyss back to the role he played prior to the new regime

Anarquia, RVD, Steiner, Hogan, Bischoff, Ray, Devon & Jeff Hardy should be gone

Guys like Morgan, Anderson, Pope & Storm go up & down between midcard & main event

They need a HW midcard title since the Television Championship has been shitted on. Maybe a North American Championship?

I think a lot of things will change after Hogan & Bischoff are gone. I know they aren't the only ones to blame because Russo also does the creative & writing but when it was just Russo, we all have to admit things were better. I think a lot of the guys who came in with those two will follow them out the door & TNA will really have no choice but push who they should've been pushing the past couple years. I think things will get a lot better in 2012.

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 01:46 PM
AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe & Austin Aries should be the focus of the show with Angle as a main event jobber type of guy.

Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Brian Kendrick should carry the X-Division

MCMG & Beer Money should carry the tag division

Abyss back to the role he played prior to the new regime

Anarquia, RVD, Steiner, Hogan, Bischoff, Ray, Devon & Jeff Hardy should be gone

Guys like Morgan, Anderson, Pope & Storm go up & down between midcard & main event

They need a HW midcard title since the Television Championship has been shitted on. Maybe a North American Championship?

I think a lot of things will change after Hogan & Bischoff are gone. I know they aren't the only ones to blame because Russo also does the creative & writing but when it was just Russo, we all have to admit things were better. I think a lot of the guys who came in with those two will follow them out the door & TNA will really have no choice but push who they should've been pushing the past couple years. I think things will get a lot better in 2012.

Some very interesting points here Blazers Dozen, some I agree with and some I don't. Being objective instead of my usual mark-ish self when it comes to Kurt Angle, I don't think him as a Main Event jobber would work - DUIs aside, in the ring he is far too credible and accomplished to be a Steiner-esque jobber...I think he should have an Undertaker type role (involved only at certain points throughout the year) where his credibility and drawing ability can be a help...he can engage in rivalries to put people over/have top PPV main event matches, maybe the odd title run (could be pushing it) and be involved in 3 way, 4 way and 6 way title matches where he can lose without being jobbed so to speak.

Agree with X Division, but add in Kaz and Daniels. Tag division agree with, chuck in Brits and Mexican America (they are a necessary evil heel team).

Heavyweight division - agree apart from Roode. Huge fan of Roode, he's top talent, but due to a lack of tag teams, he NEEDS to carry that division. Anderson is a v talented guy in my opinion and should be in title contention. A Double definitely in the world title picture!

Agree with the mid-card/main event tier, but I'd say keep RVD as he's so over.

Do you think Ho-schoff will leave by 2012? When and why and how does everyone think they'll leave?

Rich Cranium
09-17-2011, 02:25 PM

agreed just like they did we punk :/

I would say Robert Roode is in front of the line atm.

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 03:46 PM
With Joe 2 or 3 things will happen with him I could see.... 1, he gets made the wrestler he is..2, maybe a push back to the top with most likely Roode winning the the title maybe Samoa Joe vs Bobby Roode feud.. 3, Joe wins the title and goes on to lose it to Crimson or Matt Morgan early next year say Lockdown???

AJ his time will come again in TNA/Impact Wrestling..... He's the face of the company he what Shawn Micheals was to the WWF and Sting was to WCW..... He's to loyal to let greed get in his way....
Abyss he serves his purpose as the Monster with a Heart at times....
Kaz could see him getting a run in the mid card...
James Storm, same applies there....
Daniels, his years in the ring is slowly winding down.... But would love to see him with one run with World title Gold..
Matt Morgan, could see him getting a push early next year....

Time will only tell what exactly is to come for each of them....

LuckIsForLosers
09-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Interesting point by the guy who said Roode is most likely to jump ship...he has the look certainly and fits the brass's idea of what a champ should look like.

HCollins - good ideas there, would love to see Joe get the world title and feud with Roode. Unfortunately, don't see it happening. The current regime has too many guys who THEY see as champs...RVD, Anderson, Sting, Angle, Jeff Hardy etc etc...future champs definitely Crimson, Morgan and Gunner, possibly Double A(!). The problem is is that the current regime don't seem to like "TNA originals" i.e. guys that didn't used to be in WWE/WCW (Fortune + Joe) very much as main event talent. AJ, Joe and Bobby definitely have what it takes to be world champions, Daniels probably does too.

Unfortunately I don't see any of them getting world titles ANY time soon apart from maybe Bobby. A Bobby v Joe match would be too good and probably won't happen. What we as fans of TNA must ask ourselves is will Roode really defeat Angle for the title? Because the guy to beat Angle will be a FACE obviously. Take a look at the Faces in TNA at the moment who are "main event talent" - AJ, RVD, Anderson, Morgan, Sting, Hardy and Crimson. Out of that list, remove Sting as he is in the feud with Hulk. From that list I am SURE that the regime would put the strap on RVD, Anderson and Hardy ahead of Roode. Roode could just be built to fill the vacuum while Jeff Hardy wins a battle royal or something, where Roode loses to Kurt at BFG and Hardy faces him at the next PPV. Yes, they've built up Roode LOADS over the past few months and this month in particular. Does that mean they HAVE to give him the strap? NO, this is Impact Wrestling, ANYTHING goes, no matter how inexplicable it is!

If Roode wins the strap by a chance, Roode v Joe is unlikely. THe Joe and Crimson feud drags on past BFG methinks. Angle will have a rematch for the next PPV. And current heels who, by looking at momentum and pushes, would be above Joe in the pecking order are Bully Ray, Gunner(!!!!!), David Arquette (sorry, couldn't resist!) and maybe others - e.g. if Daniels goes heel as it seems, it would make more sense for the jealous ex-Fortune member to face Roode.

Agree on AJ - his time WILL come. The problem is is that again, with faces, TNA has an abundance of established at other companies talents like RVD and Anderson and Hardy who unfortunately will always get shot after shot above AJ. But yes, his time should come soon.

Morgan, agree - Morgan seems to be a hard worker and a student of the game and very patient - he's entertaining and I'd love to see him have the strap - he should've been given a month long reign during his matches with Hardy last year.

Daniels - I hope he DOES get the strap. If Bobby wins it, they should feud those two.

Joe is the guy I despair of most. I'm a big fan and I hate seeing him underused. The fact they've feuded him with Crimson means he's being set up for a fall, probably a jobbing to Crimson. The best thing to do with Joe is for him to end Crimson's undefeated streak without a clean finish and nip that in the bud. Then HE should feud with Fortune, some kind of a "I'm just as much a TNA Original as you but I was overlooked with the whole Fortune thing, now I'm gonna kick your asses!" angle. Him vs Roode/AJ for the world title? But they won't do it.

As for Immortal - what are your views on this? I feel that if they're going to do the whole faction thing long-term a la NWO, then they should make it more expansive and inclusive. In other words, make it a TNA-wide thing, two sides, where only tag team and maybe X Division are exempt. That way on one side you have Angle, Abyss, Hogan, Flair, Gunner, Bully Ray and on the other you have Anderson, Sting, RVD, Hardy, Crimson, Morgan, Pope - that way, instead of pushing Gunner and Crimson WAY too soon, they have more time to develop. That way, instead of people like RVD, Morgan and Anderson sporadically disappearing from TV and returning with a random title shot or a rubbish feud like Morgan/Joe or something unnecessary like Jerry Lynn/RVD, we have every top talent utilised in this faction war, while the world title can be left to the likes of AJ, heel Daniels, heel-Joe and Roode.

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Interesting point by the guy who said Roode is most likely to jump ship...he has the look certainly and fits the brass's idea of what a champ should look like.

HCollins - good ideas there, would love to see Joe get the world title and feud with Roode. Unfortunately, don't see it happening. The current regime has too many guys who THEY see as champs...RVD, Anderson, Sting, Angle, Jeff Hardy etc etc...future champs definitely Crimson, Morgan and Gunner, possibly Double A(!). The problem is is that the current regime don't seem to like "TNA originals" i.e. guys that didn't used to be in WWE/WCW (Fortune + Joe) very much as main event talent. AJ, Joe and Bobby definitely have what it takes to be world champions, Daniels probably does too.

Unfortunately I don't see any of them getting world titles ANY time soon apart from maybe Bobby. A Bobby v Joe match would be too good and probably won't happen. What we as fans of TNA must ask ourselves is will Roode really defeat Angle for the title? Because the guy to beat Angle will be a FACE obviously. Take a look at the Faces in TNA at the moment who are "main event talent" - AJ, RVD, Anderson, Morgan, Sting, Hardy and Crimson. Out of that list, remove Sting as he is in the feud with Hulk. From that list I am SURE that the regime would put the strap on RVD, Anderson and Hardy ahead of Roode. Roode could just be built to fill the vacuum while Jeff Hardy wins a battle royal or something, where Roode loses to Kurt at BFG and Hardy faces him at the next PPV. Yes, they've built up Roode LOADS over the past few months and this month in particular. Does that mean they HAVE to give him the strap? NO, this is Impact Wrestling, ANYTHING goes, no matter how inexplicable it is!

If Roode wins the strap by a chance, Roode v Joe is unlikely. THe Joe and Crimson feud drags on past BFG methinks. Angle will have a rematch for the next PPV. And current heels who, by looking at momentum and pushes, would be above Joe in the pecking order are Bully Ray, Gunner(!!!!!), David Arquette (sorry, couldn't resist!) and maybe others - e.g. if Daniels goes heel as it seems, it would make more sense for the jealous ex-Fortune member to face Roode.

Agree on AJ - his time WILL come. The problem is is that again, with faces, TNA has an abundance of established at other companies talents like RVD and Anderson and Hardy who unfortunately will always get shot after shot above AJ. But yes, his time should come soon.

Morgan, agree - Morgan seems to be a hard worker and a student of the game and very patient - he's entertaining and I'd love to see him have the strap - he should've been given a month long reign during his matches with Hardy last year.

Daniels - I hope he DOES get the strap. If Bobby wins it, they should feud those two.

Joe is the guy I despair of most. I'm a big fan and I hate seeing him underused. The fact they've feuded him with Crimson means he's being set up for a fall, probably a jobbing to Crimson. The best thing to do with Joe is for him to end Crimson's undefeated streak without a clean finish and nip that in the bud. Then HE should feud with Fortune, some kind of a "I'm just as much a TNA Original as you but I was overlooked with the whole Fortune thing, now I'm gonna kick your asses!" angle. Him vs Roode/AJ for the world title? But they won't do it.

As for Immortal - what are your views on this? I feel that if they're going to do the whole faction thing long-term a la NWO, then they should make it more expansive and inclusive. In other words, make it a TNA-wide thing, two sides, where only tag team and maybe X Division are exempt. That way on one side you have Angle, Abyss, Hogan, Flair, Gunner, Bully Ray and on the other you have Anderson, Sting, RVD, Hardy, Crimson, Morgan, Pope - that way, instead of pushing Gunner and Crimson WAY too soon, they have more time to develop. That way, instead of people like RVD, Morgan and Anderson sporadically disappearing from TV and returning with a random title shot or a rubbish feud like Morgan/Joe or something unnecessary like Jerry Lynn/RVD, we have every top talent utilised in this faction war, while the world title can be left to the likes of AJ, heel Daniels, heel-Joe and Roode.

The current Regime is going to Cease to exist after October or November by the way things are looking....
If Joe get a push it will most likely come late this year or early next year??? Time will only tell what direction some guys will go after 2012????

Rich Cranium
09-17-2011, 08:50 PM
The current Regime is going to Cease to exist after October or November by the way things are looking....
If Joe get a push it will most likely come late this year or early this year??? Time will only tell what direction some guys will go after 2012????

So you think Hogan is going to let his contract expire as the reports state?

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 09:44 PM
So you think Hogan is going to let his contract expire as the reports state?

Most likely what is there for him to do if he can't wrestle or don't wrestle..... Besides talk???

SilverGhost
09-17-2011, 10:05 PM

TL;DR

1 character