PDA

View Full Version : Implant Buster vs Glam Slam

Rich Cranium
09-16-2011, 10:52 PM
I was just thinking of how similar Beth Phoenix's Glam Slam is to Kharma's Implant Buster. Not that big of a difference imo except one is upside down and the other is not. So my questions is, which is more impressive? Here are the examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVdKlM44gxI&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM4w5hXadKM

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Pretty close, I think Kong just wins it, simply down to the fact she can drive more weight down in to the move!

Rich Cranium
09-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Pretty close, I think Kong just wins it, simply down to the fact she can drive more weight down in to the move!

I would also agree with the force (weight) she uses to drop her opponents.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 11:16 PM
I would also agree with the force (weight) she uses to drop her opponents.

This is the match up I'm really looking forward to, down the line, in the Diva's division! Neither will have met an opppsition like this before, I think it could be amazing!

The Brown One
09-16-2011, 11:47 PM
The Glam Slam doesn't look like it hurts if Beth's opponent puts their palms out to protect their head. So I'll give it to Kharma.

maar13
09-17-2011, 12:25 AM
I have seen the same of the people who takes the Implant buster and even protect their selves with their legs, but from power alone, even if the victim helps a lot, the Glam Slam wins it, just by design, I mean it starts with a double chicken wing which is actually hard to pull and ends with a face buster which I have only seen McCool take with out put her hands down (that girls was a tough girl) and it looks devastating so my vote goes for the Glam Slam...Now that if they allowed Kharma to use the Awesome Bomb, it will be a different story.

IrkenInvader
09-17-2011, 12:26 AM
The Glam Slam doesn't look like it hurts if Beth's opponent puts their palms out to protect their head. So I'll give it to Kharma.

They put their palms down for Kong's move too.
With one being upside down compared to the other one it changes which half of the body that takes the most force. With the Implant buster its more focused on the lower half. With the Glam Slam its more chest impact. What matters here is the body part that is rotating more at the time of impact. I can tell you from experience, swantons do more damage to your ankles than your back. The IB basically a moonsault where you land flat, the GS is a frog splash where you land flat.

And you have to take into consideration, the ring bounce works better with more weight. The skinnier you are the less the ring bounces, so you take more impact on the landing. So either way, slams hurt the divas worse no matter what they do.

IrkenInvader
09-17-2011, 12:32 AM

Weight doesn't really factor in here. She isn't on top of her opponent on the landing so it doesn't do much for the move. It would help her out if she landed on top of the person, like a high impact Styles Clash.

evilgenius780
09-17-2011, 12:37 AM

If I remember correctly, the didn't always use their hands to protect the landing, she seems to have softened it up quite a bit, for obvious reasons.

the wrestling shade
09-17-2011, 01:35 AM
I would like to see Kharma powerbomb the shit out of Kelly Kelly or Eve

Y2J___Y2J
09-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Kong/Kharma's looks more impressive tbh, but the are the best two women's finishers in WWE.

xAzureSkye
09-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Kong wins, Beth's is easy to counter. Plus the way Kong does it she uses more force and just basically drops her opponent

eboy
09-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah Awesome Kong wins it by a mile

AOF666
09-17-2011, 10:51 AM
I perfer the Awesome Bomb!

Asherdelampyr
09-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Implant Buster > Glam Slam > Awesome Bomb

that buster just looks so damn vicious when Kharma hits it.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Weight doesn't really factor in here. She isn't on top of her opponent on the landing so it doesn't do much for the move. It would help her out if she landed on top of the person, like a high impact Styles Clash.

Ah but when you have the weight advantage Kong does, you don't need to come down directly on an opponent to inflict huge damage!

IrkenInvader
09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Ah but when you have the weight advantage Kong does, you don't need to come down directly on an opponent to inflict huge damage!

If your talking about a strength advantage, then yes.

Peter Kaymakcian
09-17-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm going Glam Slam simply since it starts out as a submission meaning more damage done even before the move itself.

xAzureSkye
09-18-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm going Glam Slam simply since it starts out as a submission meaning more damage done even before the move itself.

It becomes a submission after in some cases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNi6djdTCi8

evilgenius780
09-20-2011, 12:54 AM
It becomes a submission after in some cases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNi6djdTCi8

I'm gonna have to vote for the move that bends Maria that way

steveorton
09-20-2011, 09:05 AM
I like the Glam Slam more.