PDA

View Full Version : Evan Bourne: Would he have been a better tag team partner for Justin Gabriel?

beatfighter3000
09-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Dont get me wrong, I do like the combination of "Air-Boom", I just feel that Kofi is kind of stealing the spotlight away from Evan Bourne. I remember when they won the tag team titles, and correct me if i'm wrong, but Kofi did all the talking, and Evan wasnt given the opportunity to say a single word, and it was his first title :/

But yeah back onto the topic of this combination of Justin Gabriel and Evan Bourne
I mean they both have near enough the same physique, roughly the same height, and have a similar agility and in ring style.
It's like they're a mere reflection of each other!

But these are just my thoughts
What are your opinions IWC?

HeelTurn
09-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Yeah I was thinking this back during NXT season 1. They both have similar high flying finishers to.

VanHooliganX
09-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd of liked the flying angels more than air boom.
Although I'm not a fan of failing-pyro-man really

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 05:16 PM
I think it works better as it is, Bourne isn't too strong on the mic and neither is Gabriel, so having Kofi there gives the team a good voice on the mic!!

Vegas
09-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Ya I think justin would've been better. I just hope this gives evan the push he deserves

Jayoholic
09-16-2011, 10:48 PM
When it comes to tag teams, I think opposites attract. In other words, have a flyer and a heavy hitter (or a technical wrestler). Although neither Kofi or Evan are heavy hitters, they still fit. But tag teams of the past have been successful due to the different styles of the partners. That's why I don't think Bourne and Gabriel belong together. Every once and while it will work (like Kendrick & London), but that's every once in a while.

The_Awesome_One
09-17-2011, 03:16 AM
good god yes, mainly due to my burning hatred of Kofi

Y2J___Y2J
09-17-2011, 05:43 AM
I just want Gabriel given a push.!

AOF666
09-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Dont get me wrong, I do like the combination of "Air-Boom", I just feel that Kofi is kind of stealing the spotlight away from Evan Bourne. I remember when they won the tag team titles, and correct me if i'm wrong, but Kofi did all the talking, and Evan wasnt given the opportunity to say a single word, and it was his first title :/

But yeah back onto the topic of this combination of Justin Gabriel and Evan Bourne
I mean they both have near enough the same physique, roughly the same height, and have a similar agility and in ring style.
It's like they're a mere reflection of each other!

But these are just my thoughts
What are your opinions IWC?

Complaining that Evan didn't get to talk, that wasn't Kofi's fault. IWC favorite, Zack Ryder stole the spotlight from Evan, before he got to say anything!

TempestH
09-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I would rather see Justin Gabriel re-teamed with Heath Slater, since neither man really got anything out of their breakup.