PDA

View Full Version : Rock and Cena teaming up!!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
So the Rock has posted on his Facebook that he's going to be at Survivor Series and posted a picture, saying they are TEAMING UP?!?!

Can anyone see the point of this? Especially as most of us thought they'd be opposing elimination team captains, which would have given one bragging rights over the other!! I don't feel teaming them up will do them any favours for a run to Wrestlemania!

Thoughts?

steveorton
09-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Probably the Rock is just joking I agree with you I don't want to see Rock-Cena connection.

Automatic
09-16-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/newpws/wp-content/gallery/rockcenateaming/1.png

I have no fucking clue.

Bodom
09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
The point of this?

PPV Buys.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Probably the Rock is just joking I agree with you I don't want to see Rock-Cena connection.

It just seems a pointless direction to take it!!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 01:27 PM
The point of this?

PPV Buys.

Yeah but surely in keeping with what's gone on between them and what's to come, having them team up doesn't make much sense! As opposing team captains or even opposing team wrestlers, if they do get Rock to wrestle before WM then fair enough!

steveorton
09-16-2011, 01:28 PM
It just seems a pointless direction to take it!!

Correct. They've been bashing each other on twitter and other social media. I would fail to see the point of those 2 teaming. But I think it is a ploy to get people to order the ppv or something as a previous poster said.

Bodom
09-16-2011, 01:31 PM
I see don't the problem with Rock wrestling in a big tag match. It limits his in-ring work and should further the story between the two.

Then again. I'm just not as bothered by this as you seem to be.

zrdt12
09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
The Rock and John Cena vs HHH and CM Punk ~ done.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 01:44 PM
I see don't the problem with Rock wrestling in a big tag match. It limits his in-ring work and should further the story between the two.

Then again. I'm just not as bothered by this as you seem to be.

Ha! You're probably right! I'll go sit in a darkened room for 10 mins and take my blood pressure tablets! I do have a tendancy to chat shit sometimes! :0P

Rassling_Fan
09-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Exactly. Why give your Big Wrestlemania Main Even months before the Grand Daddy PPV? With this, he'll do less work and may even betray Cena to continue the build to their eventual confrontation.

Rilla
09-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Well, people on FB are taking this hard.

They don't know the story and already are going.. THIS IS GONNA SUCK, THIS IS STUPID.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-16-2011, 01:59 PM
THE 'E are doing this for two reasons...

1.) Pay-Per-View Buyrates: Simply put, this year has seen a great growth in PPV buys. They're trying everything in their damn power to continue that trend heading into the last quarter of the year. September - December is Q4 so expect them wanting to go out with a substantial "bang" as it were.

2.) Getting The Rock Back Into Ring Shape: Again, another simple solution... The Rock has been out of action for a long, long time. During the quarterly conference call a couple months ago, THE 'E stated that The Rock would be wrestling at a couple PPV's this year and a "select handful" of Pay-Per-Views next year. Not to mention, WWE '12 will be coming out soon and you can d/l a version of The Rock in "his new ring gear", you can bank that they'll try to get people familiar with it and him again. (For those that never knew he was a professional wrestler because believe it or not, a lot of people DON'T know how he got his start.)

I'm personally happy that he'll be wrestling at the PPV. They've already established the "mutual respect" between the two men and have also established that they'll turn on each other at a moment's notice. Everyone feels that "THE WWE ARE BLOWING THEIR WAD WAY TOO SOON!!! OMGB3EGYGFBFWN HWBQHUCBWHC!!!!!"

Please, just sit back and watch. They're giving this feud the "slow burn" which is something I like a lot and something that has been missing drastically in THE 'E for quite sometime. (Although Christian and Orton have brought it back for their feud recently... it's still not dominant and feuds end within two PPV's.)

Just wait it out and see how it plays... I'm calling a Cena heel turn that night. Survivor Series is always controversial... so, why the hell not?

Rilla
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM

1.) Pay-Per-View Buyrates: Simply put, this year has seen a great growth in PPV buys. They're trying everything in their damn power to continue that trend heading into the last quarter of the year. September - December is Q4 so expect them wanting to go out with a substantial "bang" as it were.

2.) Getting The Rock Back Into Ring Shape: Again, another simple solution... The Rock has been out of action for a long, long time. During the quarterly conference call a couple months ago, THE 'E stated that The Rock would be wrestling at a couple PPV's this year and a "select handful" of Pay-Per-Views next year. Not to mention, WWE '12 will be coming out soon and you can d/l a version of The Rock in "his new ring gear", you can bank that they'll try to get people familiar with it and him again. (For those that never knew he was a professional wrestler because believe it or not, a lot of people DON'T know how he got his start.)

I'm personally happy that he'll be wrestling at the PPV. They've already established the "mutual respect" between the two men and have also established that they'll turn on each other at a moment's notice. Everyone feels that "THE WWE ARE BLOWING THEIR WAD WAY TOO SOON!!! OMGB3EGYGFBFWN HWBQHUCBWHC!!!!!"

Please, just sit back and watch. They're giving this feud the "slow burn" which is something I like a lot and something that has been missing drastically in THE 'E for quite sometime. (Although Christian and Orton have brought it back for their feud recently... it's still not dominant and feuds end within two PPV's.)

Just wait it out and see how it plays... I'm calling a Cena heel turn that night. Survivor Series is always controversial... so, why the hell not?

I'm going to use this, if you don't mind.

The_Awesome_One
09-16-2011, 02:00 PM
HMMM, interesting they'll e doing this so they can keep the fued which has kinda been forgotten about since Punk broke through.

IMO what they should do with this match (if it is a 2v2) have Awesome truth win at NOC then defend the titles at Survivor series against cena and rock only to have either cena or rock betray the other to be pinned by R-truth or the miz. as this would help the miz and R-Truths credability, would have a major shock factor.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm going to use this, if you don't mind.

Not at all lol.

BlazersDozen
09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Easy...Rock walks out on Cena.

Rilla
09-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Not at all lol.

^_^

I also used The Awesome Ones.

Though, I fully expect the responses I get from where I used it to mirror:

LOLSTILLSUX

thejman93
09-16-2011, 02:03 PM

Rob strikes again! Yeah folks, pretty much ^.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Rob strikes again! Yeah folks, pretty much ^.

Bang!, Bang!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Yup Rob wins, you've talked me round on the idea!! See, it is possible to have a sensible discussion here, without throwing insults at those that just want to start a discussion, which is what this is all about. Cheers again Rob, my estimation of you rises yet again!

thetheme
09-16-2011, 02:16 PM
You're next Tag Team champs...

Vegas
09-16-2011, 02:19 PM
HMMM, interesting they'll e doing this so they can keep the fued which has kinda been forgotten about since Punk broke through.

IMO what they should do with this match (if it is a 2v2) have Awesome truth win at NOC then defend the titles at Survivor series against cena and rock only to have either cena or rock betray the other to be pinned by R-truth or the miz. as this would help the miz and R-Truths credability, would have a major shock factor.

I personally hope that awesome truth loses at NOC bourne finally has a title and I pray he keeps it for awhole

FLWWEFan
09-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Hopefully we see a Cena heel turn or something that leads up to a feud that ends at WrestleMania. All this hustle.loyalty.respect reminds me too much of Hogan with his prayers.training.vitamins back in the 80's, not to mention the super comebacks like hogan used to have, and also the bright colored t-shirts.

eboy
09-16-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/newpws/wp-content/gallery/rockcenateaming/1.png

I have no fucking clue.

who cares if it works or not its makes for an awesome PPV so hey ho never mind

Russo swerve
09-16-2011, 03:01 PM
I bet they team and the rock screws cena or vise versa. And I know for a fact they arent gonna be buddy buddy. Stop over reacting this isnt tna

Dubs
09-16-2011, 03:02 PM
I bet they team and the rock screws cena or vise versa. And I know for a fact they arent gonna be buddy buddy. Stop over reacting this isnt tna

What he said. ;)

jethro
09-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Looking forward to see this dream/super team,and of course to see The Rock back in the square circle.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Wow, I don't know what's more insane! My original post or some of the responses!! It's mass hysteria, I tells ya!!!

jelle1809
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Perhaps this is for a Team Triple H vs. Team CM Punk match.

Team Triple H:
HHH
The Rock
John Cena
Kevin Nash
Shawn Michaels

Team CM Punk:
CM Punk + ROH Cronies

pauadrian
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Perhaps this is for a Team Triple H vs. Team CM Punk match.

Team Triple H:
HHH
The Rock
John Cena
Kevin Nash
Shawn Michaels

Team CM Punk:
CM Punk + ROH Cronies

id pay for that

masakaritko
09-16-2011, 09:07 PM
instead of ROH chronies, Punk's team should consist of himself plus mascots of wwe's past...like moppy, head, Mr. Socko, and Jim Ross's hat.

Daffy Duck's Finest
09-16-2011, 09:38 PM
instead of ROH chronies, Punk's team should consist of himself plus mascots of wwe's past...like moppy, head, Mr. Socko, and Jim Ross's hat.

That made me chuckle

IrkenInvader
09-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Creative is planning on totally unpredictable Russo Swerve at the end to be a total surprise.

K2Jelly
09-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Creative is planning on totally unpredictable Russo Swerve at the end to be a total surprise.

I don't know. Teaming up with your Wrestlemania opponent out of the blue while contradicting the animosity built up between you two is about as much as a Russo swerve as I can forsee.

Y2Jryder
09-17-2011, 06:44 AM
I predicted this some time ago but nobody was listening. oh well.
At the end of the match we see Rock rock bottom Cena.

johnnydropkicks
09-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I also think Triple H and Punk, Austin and Punk, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, Cole and JR, K2 and Beth, Barrett and Sheamus, would all be great teamups in the future.