PDA

View Full Version : Is the World title the new IC title

body slam
09-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I look at the WWE and see RAW as their flagship show. Raw has the WWE Title. Smackdown is the #2 show and it has the World title. Or the #2 title which when I was growing up back in the days of the WWF was the IC title.

Automatic
09-16-2011, 12:50 PM
You smokin' crack?

Rich Cranium
09-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Your are right! The IC title used to be the 2nd tier title and many who should have won the world title never went above the IC title. Mr. Perfect is a prime example.

steveorton
09-16-2011, 12:56 PM
You smokin' crack?

Lulz. Although Smackdown is the no. 2 show that WHC is a world title and the greats who have held it in the past has made it that way, WWE can do what they want to that title but imo it will always be a WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

body slam
09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Lulz. Although Smackdown is the no. 2 show that WHC is a world title and the greats who have held it in the past has made it that way, WWE can do what they want to that title but imo it will always be a WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.
so are you saying it has more value than the WWE title?

steveorton
09-16-2011, 01:10 PM
so are you saying it has more value than the WWE title?

No. For me I believe both are world titles and are at the same level. One represents Raw and one represents Smackdown, however the one that is on Raw whether it is the WWE title or the WHC title is always considered the holy grail. Look back when JBL and HHH both held the world titles to see what I am talking about (In 2004). There will always be some who believe one is greater than the other but imo both are WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS and should be treated as such.

Bodom
09-16-2011, 01:12 PM
A better question would be: "Is the World Heavyweight Championship secondary to the WWE Championship?"

The answer would be yes and it always has been.

zrdt12
09-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Piss on the WHC because it's a WCW title. Smackdown has never been weaker than it is now. In my opinion all they have is Sheamus and Cody Rhodes.

kingsaul
09-16-2011, 01:36 PM
I can't take that wwe title serious when it looks like a toy,For being the top promotion, that title is the worst looking one.
Dont even get me stared on those ugly tag belts.

Breakthecode13
09-16-2011, 01:52 PM
A better question would be: "Is the World Heavyweight Championship secondary to the WWE Championship?"

I Dont think so....I think the better question is....The title that headlines Raw is more important then Smackdowns??

That would be a better question. When the WHC was on raw it was always the one in the main event (SS 03, Royal rumble 04, unforgiven 08, wrestlemania 24) so it basically depends on the show its on.

The_Awesome_One
09-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Piss on the WHC because it's a WCW title. Smackdown has never been weaker than it is now. In my opinion all they have is Sheamus and Cody Rhodes.

Christian????

Y2J___Y2J
09-16-2011, 01:54 PM
The WHC has lost a little credibility as of late with Orton dominating but it's still a world title.. Having Orton in a squash every Raw isn't great either tbh,

Maybe if they put the WHC on Raw and the WWE title on Smackdown after 'Mania it may bring back relevance even though it still is a 1st tier title

Russo swerve
09-16-2011, 03:20 PM

Orton,christian,mark henry,daniel brian,sin cara and wade barret

Russo swerve
09-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I Dont think so....I think the better question is....The title that headlines Raw is more important then Smackdowns??

That would be a better question. When the WHC was on raw it was always the one in the main event (SS 03, Royal rumble 04, unforgiven 08, wrestlemania 24) so it basically depends on the show its on.

U are right its all about what show its on

Dude573
09-16-2011, 03:28 PM
What I want to say is hard to explain so bare with me guys. I think that the WHC value depends on who is holding it to be honest. When Christian, Swagger, Punk and others held it, I think it was portrayed as a midcard title, not by the holder but by the WWE themselves. I mean Punk was assaulted before the match so he couldn't defend it a few years back, that's not really a world title storyline. Yet when Cena, Orton, Mysterio and them held it, it was presented as prestigious.

Hopefully you can see what I mean, because I don't think I explained it well lol.

AOF666
09-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I believe the reason the WHC is on Smackdown because that is the belt Hogan wore! As long as I remember, WWE title was the World Heavy weight champion also!

VanHooliganX
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Correct. Although giving Orton the championship is stupid since he doesn't need it anymore to show hes a great wrestler. Give it to Christian and make him a fucking solid main eventer.