PDA

View Full Version : wheres Carlito at?

Dude573
09-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't watch TNA, so I have limited knowledge on the show. However, a big question I have, is why didn't they attempt to sign the former WWE wrestler Carlito Colon'?

I remember he was looking good in the WWE, eliminating Sean Michael's in the Elimination Chamber, tagging with Ric Flair and facing Cena? He was a big star, and could hold his own on the mic and in the ring.

Not so say TNA take former WWE stars, but to me, snapping him up would be good business.

Reichwulf
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Good question, idk what ever happened to him, i used to like his gimmick.

Y2Jryder
09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Might watch TNA again if they sign the guy.
Correct me if i'm wrong but he's wrestling in Mexico I think.

Tommy Thunder
09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason he was released from WWE was because he'd lost his passion for wrestling, and he was depressed and on painkillers. His Dad has tried getting him into rehab, but he's refused from what I've heard.

Rich Cranium
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't he wrestling in Puerto Rico?

GreatMuta4life
09-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Carlito is mostly working in Puerto Rico for for his father's promotion WWC, where he's the champ(or at least last time I heard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlfSQ0vb-I

Reichwulf
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Return to WWC and independent circuit (2010-present)

Following his release, Colón began accepting dates to work for independent promotions. The first promotion to include him in its roster was World Wrestling Today. On July 11, 2010, Colón was booked in a match called "The Three Faces of Fear" at WWC's Aniversario 2010 which also involved Booker T. The concept of this contest was that he would face three unknown adversaries successively. Colón also performed on a second date of this event, working under a "tweener" concept, representing a morally ambiguous team without clear allegiance. On August 7, 2010, he made his debut in Lucha Libre USA's live shows, wrestling as "Carlitos".[45]

Carlito returned to WWC on September 25, 2010 at the "Septiembre Negro" event, where he defeated Ricky El Triple Mega Campeon. On November 27, 2010, Colón defeated Shelton Benjamin to win the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship at the Crossfire event. He made his first title defense against Ricky El Triple Mega Campeon at WWC's last show of the year -- Lockout. On December 2010, Carlito participated in Inoki Genome Federation in Japan, where he was pinned by Japanese superstar Kendo Kashin. On January 8, 2011, Colón lost the Universal Heavyweight Championship to Ricky Banderas, following interference from Shane Sewell.[46] In February 2011, NWA Southwest in Texas booked Carlito in a match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against it's current holder Adam Pearce. On March 4, 2011, Colón, billed as Carlito Caribbean Cool, made his debut for the Mexican promotion Asistencia AsesorÃ*a y Administración (AAA), defeating Decnnis, Jack Evans and Ozz in a four–way match to advance to the Rey de Reyes tournament finals at the Rey de Reyes pay-per-view.[47]

In the finals of the tournament, Carlito was defeated by Extreme Tiger.[48] On June 4, 2011, Carlito returned to WWC and defeated Steve Corino to win the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship for the thirteenth time. On July 17, 2011 at Aniversario 2011 Carlito make his first defense of the title against Abyss.

(source wiki)

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Return to WWC and independent circuit (2010-present)

Following his release, Colón began accepting dates to work for independent promotions. The first promotion to include him in its roster was World Wrestling Today. On July 11, 2010, Colón was booked in a match called "The Three Faces of Fear" at WWC's Aniversario 2010 which also involved Booker T. The concept of this contest was that he would face three unknown adversaries successively. Colón also performed on a second date of this event, working under a "tweener" concept, representing a morally ambiguous team without clear allegiance. On August 7, 2010, he made his debut in Lucha Libre USA's live shows, wrestling as "Carlitos".[45]

Carlito returned to WWC on September 25, 2010 at the "Septiembre Negro" event, where he defeated Ricky El Triple Mega Campeon. On November 27, 2010, Colón defeated Shelton Benjamin to win the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship at the Crossfire event. He made his first title defense against Ricky El Triple Mega Campeon at WWC's last show of the year -- Lockout. On December 2010, Carlito participated in Inoki Genome Federation in Japan, where he was pinned by Japanese superstar Kendo Kashin. On January 8, 2011, Colón lost the Universal Heavyweight Championship to Ricky Banderas, following interference from Shane Sewell.[46] In February 2011, NWA Southwest in Texas booked Carlito in a match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against it's current holder Adam Pearce. On March 4, 2011, Colón, billed as Carlito Caribbean Cool, made his debut for the Mexican promotion Asistencia AsesorÃ*a y Administración (AAA), defeating Decnnis, Jack Evans and Ozz in a four–way match to advance to the Rey de Reyes tournament finals at the Rey de Reyes pay-per-view.[47]

In the finals of the tournament, Carlito was defeated by Extreme Tiger.[48] On June 4, 2011, Carlito returned to WWC and defeated Steve Corino to win the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship for the thirteenth time. On July 17, 2011 at Aniversario 2011 Carlito make his first defense of the title against Abyss.

(source wiki)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a great Job :rolleyes:

Reichwulf
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a great Job :rolleyes:

bows ty, ty :p

Yano88
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't watch TNA, so I have limited knowledge on the show. However, a big question I have, is why didn't they attempt to sign the former WWE wrestler Carlito Colon'?

I remember he was looking good in the WWE, eliminating Sean Michael's in the Elimination Chamber, tagging with Ric Flair and facing Cena? He was a big star, and could hold his own on the mic and in the ring.

Not so say TNA take former WWE stars, but to me, snapping him up would be good business.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Sean Michael's = Shawn Michaels

Dude573
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM

Well, I'm not American, so I wouldn't make up new ways to spell words and names from languages we didn't create.

Dude573
09-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason he was released from WWE was because he'd lost his passion for wrestling, and he was depressed and on painkillers. His Dad has tried getting him into rehab, but he's refused from what I've heard.

"Never believe the bullshit that fake guys feed to ya
Always read the stories that you hear in Wikipedia"

Ed Sheeran.

shambo2k9
09-16-2011, 12:18 PM

Correct me if im wrong but...

http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.7170152.1.sticker,375x360.bazinga-v1.png

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Well, I'm not American, so I wouldn't make up new ways to spell words and names from languages we didn't create.

Correct me if Im wrong, but that's not an excuse :)
You just CANNOT mistake with/about Shawn Michaels

Dude573
09-16-2011, 12:24 PM

I wasn't making an excuse, I was "correcting his wrong".

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 12:26 PM
You just CANNOT mistake with/about Shawn Michaels

...when it comes for his name!

wrestlingfan66513
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
TNA's rooster is to full. They shouldn't hire anyone else for a while.

BlazersDozen
09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Sad that Carlito is facing better talent outside WWE than he did in it & is being used properly. I want to see the Carlito V. Corino match.

steveorton
09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
You can't correct me I am always right but WWE he dropped the ball on Carlito he was very talented and good on the mic. IMO Carlito>Kofi.

Bodom
09-16-2011, 01:22 PM
You can't correct me I am always right but WWE he dropped the ball on Carlito he was very talented and good on the mic. IMO Carlito>Kofi.

Half the time Carlito was there, he didn't want to be there. So how exactly do you drop the ball with somebody with zero motivation and wants to quit?

BlazersDozen
09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Half the time Carlito was there, he didn't want to be there. So how exactly do you drop the ball with somebody with zero motivation and wants to quit?

Usually people want to quit for a reason. Look at his talent then look at his build up then look at how he eventually got used then ask yourself if you'd motivated to work for a company who didn't use your talents to the fullest extent.

el gabo
09-16-2011, 04:09 PM
He said he wasn't happy with what WWE was doing with him also.

I do think he fucked up by not going to rehab though. he should have admitted his drug abuse.

BlazersDozen
09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Who was his body guard when he was fueding with Cena when he first came to SD?

el gabo
09-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Who was his body guard when he was fueding with Cena when he first came to SD?

"Jesus" in WWE. Other than that, I have no idea.

Murphdogg4
09-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I thought he was one of the best heels I'd seen in years when he first debuted. I'd probably bury myself in pain pills to if I got buried by creative for years for no damned good reason.

BlazersDozen
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
"Jesus" in WWE. Other than that, I have no idea.

Damn, I've always wanted to know his history. I have a feeling he's always been involved with the Colons.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Carlito is mostly working in Puerto Rico for for his father's promotion WWC, where he's the champ(or at least last time I heard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlfSQ0vb-I

nice botch like 30 seconds in lol

UMSILLYUNCE
09-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Good question you would think they'd sign this dude by now i was his biggest fan in WWE not too mention his awesome finisher.

steveorton
09-21-2011, 08:19 AM

I have nove remembered but yes Bodom is correct Lapse in memory :)

Sully
09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Carlito isn't dedicated enough to sign with any promotion. That was his main problem with WWE...he didn't care enough.

dai_haz
09-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Aactually hes in puerto rico, wwc universal champion,(world champion)