PDA

View Full Version : Claudio Castagnoli Signs With WWE

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I've just read elsewhere

- WWE has signed former Ring of Honor star Claudio Castagnoli to a developmental deal. His new name in Florida Championship Wrestling is Antonio Cesaro.

So what do you think this means for Hero? Are they going to split up KOW? Is it a good idea to send him to FCW first? Which Brand do you think he'll come up to eventually?

Lets hear your thoughts!

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Nothing to Say... :rolleyes:

the-rocks-stunner
09-16-2011, 10:07 AM
i expect hero to follow

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 10:14 AM
António doesn't sound fine for a wrestler's name Lol
Doesn't ring well...

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 10:17 AM
António doesn't sound fine for a wrestler's name Lol
Doesn't ring well...

I don't know..... Antonio Inoki!

Black Mass Reverend
09-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Antonio's not the first name that'd come to mind when thinking of the a Swiss person. Fuck! They better sign Hero!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Antonio's not the first name that'd come to mind when thinking of the a Swiss person. Fuck! They better sign Hero!

Sure but saying that, Claudio Castagnoli sounds Italian!!

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't know..... Antonio Inoki!

Believe it or not, that sounds way better :)

Rilla
09-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Most likely they will sign Hero.

If they are serious about the Tag-team division, the no.

Probably, so they don't have another Sin Cara incident; Claudio will be there until Hero signs.

RAW for Survivor Series.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Believe it or not, that sounds way better :)

Ha! I know what you mean, the name as a whole just works!!

ELNIOJR
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Ha! I know what you mean, the name as a whole just works!!

Kudos to "Inoki" Lol

Mikeyboy7777777
09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
actually I like cesaro XD oh well can't wait to hear hero's name

jethro
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I will remember Claudio as one of the Chikara pro's trueborn.

All the best for Claudio,truly deserve a spot in WWE and world recognition.

Y2J___Y2J
09-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Hero will probably be signed shortly..

Bodom
09-16-2011, 01:14 PM

Most likely. Wonder what name they'll give him.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-16-2011, 01:22 PM

You would of thought so, as has been said, especially if they are serious about re booting the tag division!!

the wrestling shade
09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I realy dont watch Ring of honor because its very much pure wrestling for me, dont get me wrong i love wrestling but i like it to see some balance between wrestling and skates and entertainment. Its a SHOW after all

capn-edu
09-17-2011, 10:29 AM
As reported earlier today, WWE has signed former ROH star Claudio Castagnoli.

Castagnoli, one half of the ROH tag team “The Kings of Wrestling” (along with Chris Hero), has reported to WWE developmental and will be known as “Antonio Cesaro.”

Cesaro has already changed his Twitter account to reflect his new name (@AntonioCesaro) and his Twitter account description reads:

“The official twitter of Very European Antonio Cesaro. Swiss world traveler, FCW Superstar and coffee connoisseur. Universal European Uppercut Master”

At this time, there’s no word on the WWE status of Chris Hero. Both men impressed WWE officials during their tryouts and the most recent talk was that they’d be brought in together as a tag team.

Back in July, Cesaro was interviewed by Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas for the Right After Wrestling radio show and had this to say about going to WWE without his ROH tag team partner Chris Hero:

“I think I would prefer to go as a package with Chris Hero. But I would be comfortable working there on my own. We have a the unique ability to perform in a singles environment and in a tag environment. I think we definitely have very good chemistry and we have greater potential as a team.”

so if they wont be a tag team
i can see wwe not giving a damn about tag teams..
thoughts?

luduca444
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM
just because they might not come together doesnt mean its the end of tag team wrestling, maybe wwe wuld rather have them as singles competitors than a tag team

although, i'd think i'd wuld rather see them as a tag team

Rilla
09-17-2011, 11:18 AM
..Have they came out and stated they weren't signing Hero?

capn-edu
09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
..Have they came out and stated they weren't signing Hero?

I really dont know ive been searching that for a while now

Rilla
09-17-2011, 11:41 AM
They haven't. :P

Which is why I'm not yet worried.

However, this guy on FB is saying... Hero will go to TNA and team with HH. xD

THEKEVINBRAND
09-17-2011, 11:41 AM
As reported earlier today, WWE has signed former ROH star Claudio Castagnoli.

Castagnoli, one half of the ROH tag team “The Kings of Wrestling” (along with Chris Hero), has reported to WWE developmental and will be known as “Antonio Cesaro.”

Cesaro has already changed his Twitter account to reflect his new name (@AntonioCesaro) and his Twitter account description reads:

“The official twitter of Very European Antonio Cesaro. Swiss world traveler, FCW Superstar and coffee connoisseur. Universal European Uppercut Master”

At this time, there’s no word on the WWE status of Chris Hero. Both men impressed WWE officials during their tryouts and the most recent talk was that they’d be brought in together as a tag team.

Back in July, Cesaro was interviewed by Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas for the Right After Wrestling radio show and had this to say about going to WWE without his ROH tag team partner Chris Hero:

“I think I would prefer to go as a package with Chris Hero. But I would be comfortable working there on my own. We have a the unique ability to perform in a singles environment and in a tag environment. I think we definitely have very good chemistry and we have greater potential as a team.”

so if they wont be a tag team
i can see wwe not giving a damn about tag teams..
thoughts?

dude with or without Castagnoli, WWE's tag division was already doomed

ELNIOJR
09-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Could be the end of KOW, but not WWE Tag Division. But I dont think they gonna ruin this, and Hero is probably coming soon. You're just over reacting...

Dubs
09-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I don't really care about WWE tag teams so not a shocker there. Besides, Claudio Castagnoli getting a singles push is just awesome.

BlazersDozen
09-17-2011, 12:56 PM
People need to calm down. Its been one day...there could be a snag in Hero's contract like holding a title or not or $$

Y2J___Y2J
09-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Maybe Hero will be signed in the near future who knows.. it would be awesome to have a good tag team back in the WWE

VanHooliganX
09-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Have patience and they'll probably sign Hero as well.
If they don't its not the end of the world, he could tag with someone else.

The Brown One
09-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Dude relax. Just because you read something like this, don't interpret it so dramatically. The WWE tagteam division is slowly, but surely improving, and its plausible to see the KOW competing as a team in the near future. Even if they debut as singles competitors, whats wrong with that? They would be great additions to any company's roster. Be happy that they are even getting signed.

tittle97
09-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Dude relax. Just because you read something like this, don't interpret it so dramatically. The WWE tagteam division is slowly, but surely improving, and its plausible to see the KOW competing as a team in the near future. Even if they debut as singles competitors, whats wrong with that? They would be great additions to any company's roster. Be happy that they are even getting signed.

I agree. The only thing I don't understand is why is Castagnoli heading to FCW??
And on that note why is Tyler Black still there?

RomanFlare
09-17-2011, 09:31 PM
It's amazing how the title hooked me in and then kicked me in the dick because it didn't fit the actual original post.

"As we know it" doesn't mean what you think it means. It means "Oh, hey, Inter-racial tag teams thrown together fighting for the tag title". I expected a post about how "Tag Teams are on their way back to the glory days". Which would've been nice. For once.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Yep. Claudio really did sign (http://www.fcwwrestling.info/cesaro1.html)

nrb6304
09-18-2011, 03:35 AM
I agree. The only thing I don't understand is why is Castagnoli heading to FCW??
And on that note why is Tyler Black still there?

Because regardless of how good and great they are in the ring, you have to learn to wrestle the style of wrestling that WWE produces. When you don't you end up having a situation like Mistico aka Sin Cara. His matches are being shitted on because he DOESN'T wrestle the WWE style very well yet. So you put them in FCW to teach them. If you watched the DBDH 9 I-PPV Saturday and then watched the WWE NOC PPV Sunday you would notice a HUGE difference in styles. Even with guys like Haas and Benjamin who wrestled in WWE. That's because they learned how to wrestle ROH style. FCW is a good thing. Not to mention where the hell would you put Seth Rollins aka Tyler Black on the WWE roster? Superstars with Jack Swagger (former World Champion) or Drew McIntyre?
Tyler Black's time is coming.
As is KOW's

Robareid
09-18-2011, 03:40 AM
If they don't sign Hero they are missing a huge oppertunity, but I think he will in a couple of days/weeks

Mikeyboy7777777
09-18-2011, 05:19 AM
they will sign hero they will just probably anounce it later to keep the ROH fans waiting so they will probably check their wwe site a couple of times and might increase WWE's fanbase anyway hhh said he would sign some tag teams so i trust him on this one

Robareid
09-18-2011, 09:20 AM
I hope they give hero a name begining with C, keeps alive my dream of C4

ratedy2jayz
09-18-2011, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was like Chris Justice or something.

Necroyeti
09-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Most likely. Wonder what name they'll give him.
Antonio Cesare and Ferdinand Francisco - The Kings of Sports

Cesare is a world famous golfer and Francisco is the badminton world champion. They wear Mean Street Posse cardigans and enjoy running laps around the arena/practicing their swings before going into the ring.